Chapter 62

99% Males 1% Females

            Jonghyun let out a breath when he saw Mia walked up to him, happily.  He smiled at her with a huge smile.  He was excited to see her since the last time he saw her was a month ago.  They haven’t been able to talk much since she was busy in New York and Thailand for a while.  Then, she had guzheng practices in China and Jonghyun didn’t really want to bother her. 

            “How was China?” asked Jonghyun, as they entered his car.  It wasn’t a new luxury car that Mia has been in before.  Regardless, it was decent and good on gas.

            That’s strange…, thought Jonghyun.  Why isn’t she sad?  Shouldn’t she be sad?  Lu Han rejected her, right?!

            He looked over at Mia.  She was cheerful.  Jonghyun raised his eyebrows, curious.  He secretly hoped that nothing good has happened between Lu Han and her.  Lee Jonghyun had always had a crush on Mia.  He tried to forget about her because she had never really looked his way before, but he couldn’t.  There was something about her that was inviting…

            It was the way she smiled or laughed…  It had always made Jonghyun’s heart warm.

            He decided to become Mrs. Chung’s teacher assistant because he thought that he might get a chance to get to interact with her.  And, he did…  But, none of those interactions progressed into anything  more personal than a simple ‘Hi!’ or ‘Goodbye.’

            Although Jonghyun didn’t like the fact that Lu Han started hanging around Mia during their second semester of freshman year…  It was that semester when he and Mia started to get closer.  But, just when things were sailing smooth, Lu Han would always pop out of nowhere and interrupt to Jonghyun’s dislike.

            Then…  To find out that Mia had feelings for the as well, Jonghyun was completely devastated.  He was glad that Lu Han was with Seohyun, so she couldn’t say anything even if she wanted to.  Last night when Mia texted him about Lu Han’s rejection, he was so happy to know that he would have a chance to be with her…  To be her first boyfriend.

            He was so excited when Mia told him that she was coming back to Korea the next day.  He made sure to go to sleep early, so he could drive to Incheon and meet her there…  To welcome her back with open, comforting arms.  Jonghyun was planning on going back to Busan after he dropped her off at home.

            “It was good!” replied Mia, happily.  She let out a laugh.

            “And, Lu Han?” asked Jonghyun, eyeing her closely.

            Mia bit her bottom lips and smiled.  Jonghyun felt his stomach churn, in a bad way.  “When I told him that I was going to leave today, he kissed me and told me that he lied to me when I confessed…” she said, as she placed her hands on her blushing cheeks.  “And, he said that he’s completely head over heels for me~”

            Jonghyun felt a stab in his heart.  Why does that guy always get everything?, he thought.  Not only does Lu Han have the money, the looks, the social life, and the brains…  But, he gets Mia too?  That’s not fair.  He frowned.

            “Lu Han’s not a man at all.” he said.  “If he’s a man, then he would tell you whether or not he likes you or not.  Why the hell was he beating around the bush and only admits the truth when you’re about to leave?!  What kind of man is that, huh?!  He has no balls.”

            And, Jonghyun was the one to say.  He was the one that was a crowd that didn’t tell her how he felt at the end of their first semester when he had a chance.

            “Yah…” said Mia, softly.  “Someone’s over protective of me.”

            Jonghyun quickly glanced at her, as they continued on their way out of Seoul.  She let out a cute giggle, making his heart sting.  “I just don’t think that it’s right that you get treated like that…  That’s all.” he said.

            He could hear Mia smirk.

            “True…  But, he explained himself pretty well.” she said.  “It was self denial since he has only recently acknowledged his feelings for me…”

            Jonghyun let out a harsh laugh.  “Only idiots would deny sensitive feelings like that.” he commented.

            There was a silence.  “I was in denial for a while too, Jonghyun.” said Mia, quietly.  “You of all people should know that.”

            “I-I’m sorry.” he quickly said.  The last thing he wanted to do was to hurt Mia.  An awkward silence fell over them.  “So, is Lu Han your boyfriend now?”

            “Yes, he will be.” stated Mia, firmly.  “He’s going to ask my dad if he can be my boyfriend first.”

            Jonghyun rolled his eyes.  “That doesn’t make any sense.  He kissed you already, so he might as will be your boyfriend.  Why did he even bother if he was going to ask your dad for permission?  That’s completely defeating the purpose!”

            Mia let out a soft sigh.  “It’s only because I told him that I wanted him to when I confessed.” she explained.  “And, he finally kissed me later.”

            Jonghyun his lips as a crooked smile etched on his face.  “Good to know.” he said.  “Good to know…”

            The ride to Mia’s place was quick.  It went by quick being with her.  She had so many stories to tell, keeping Jonghyun’s mind off of her new relationship status.  I can’t believe that she’s with Lu Han, he thought.

            But, it wasn’t something anyone would be surprised about.  Everyone knew that there was something brewing between the two when Lu Han first appeared on campus…  It had always been so obvious with how special they both treat each other…  Regardless, Jonghyun believed that Mia would learn to look beyond Lu Han and at him.  It wasn’t fair that the only person she would ever lay eyes on would be the other guy, Lu Han.

            Like he doesn’t have everything in his life already…, thought Jonghyun, angry.

            “Thank you, Jonghyun!” said Mia, as she stepped out of the car.

            He quickly got out and went to the trunk to get her suitcase for her.  He pulled it out and placed it on the pavement.  Jonghyun sweetly pulled out the handle for her.  Mia flashed a smile as she placed her hand on the handle of her suitcase and Jonghyun quickly placed his on top of hers.  He could hear his heart racing.

            She looked up at him confused.

            “I’ve always liked you ever since you and I first met at freshmen orientation, Mia.” Jonghyun blurted out.  She blinked, letting the information sink in.  “Mia…  Let Lu Han go and pick me.  There is no other man out there that will love you as much as me.”

            For a split second, Jonghyun wondered how much Lu Han had loved Mia.  The guy has done so many things publically to display his un-wilting love for her before…  And, he didn’t even know it.  But, now he does.  Jonghyun had hoped that Lu Han would stay ignorant forever.  Everyone knows that Seohyun and he had broken up because of her; it’s just that it has been unspoken of because it’s quite clear who has Lu Han’s heart.

            But, what has Jonghyun done to show Mia his undying love for her?  Nothing.

            “I’m sorry.” breathed Mia, as she pulled her hand away.  “I-I didn’t know that you felt that way, Jonghyun.”

            “It’s OK.” he quickly said, to brush it off.  “Good luck to you two then.”

            “But-” started Mia.

            Jonghyun turned away from her and got into his car in a flash.  He shifted the gear and drove away, without looking back once.

 

************************8

 

            I could feel my eyes water as I read the email I got.

            Frm: Lee Jonghyun

            To: Kim Daesung, Lee Dasom, Park Haneul, ………(etc) ………….  Chung Mia

            Hi, all!  ^^  It’s been a while since we’ve talked, but I’m sending you this message to inform you all that I will not return to BYU for the fall semester.  I have decided to go to a school here in Busan that will help me with my future career choice. 

            I’m glad to have been given a chance to meet you all and feel blessed to be friends with you guys.  J  Thank you for your friendships.

 

From,

Lee Jonghyun

            I haven’t been able to speak to him ever since he dropped me off at home last week.  I tried to call him while I was in Seoul for the script run through, but he wouldn’t pick up.  I sent him multiple texts and emails to him for us to talk about our friendship.  I know that he likes me, but I don’t want our friendship to end just because I’m now with Lu Han.  How could he possibly be transferring school without even telling her about it at all? 

            I hope it’s not because of what happened, I thought.

            I let out a breath of relief when Jonghyun picked up his phone.  I didn’t want to send him an email regarding what I wanted to talk to him about.  I wanted to talk to him, not just send a digital letter. 

            “Jonghyun.” I called out, softly.

            “Mia, I’m-” he started.

            “Are we still friends?” I asked, quickly.

            I could hear him hesitate to answer and then silence.

            “Why are you transferring all the sudden?” I asked, worried.

            Jonghyun let out a long sigh.  “It’s very simple…  And, very obvious, Mia.  As much as I want to lie to you, you need to understand the truth.  I have decided to transfer because I won’t be able to stand watching you be with Lu Han.” he said.

            I could feel myself frown.  “Jonghyun, that’s-” I started.

            “It’s fine.  It’s better this way.” he interrupted me.  “I’d much rather be far away and not know what you two are doing, then to be there and just watch you be with another guy.”

            “Jonghyun, I’m so sorry.” I said.  “If you would had told me your feelings sooner, then-”

            “I have to go, Mia.” he said, quickly.  “We can talk another time.”

            “Are we still friends?” I asked, quickly.

            “O-Of course.” Jonghyun, replied.  “Bye.”

            “Wait-” I said, but I stopped midsentence.  All I heard in the background was the dialtone.

            I rolled my eyes.  Why is he being so complicated?!, I thought.

            Mason popped into my room, with a smile.  “Yah!  What’s wrong?” he asked, worried.

            “Jonghyun.” I sighed.

            “What?  He won’t talk to you?” he asked. 

            “He’s just complicated!” I yelled.  I let out a frustrated sigh, as I lay down on my bed.  “We’re still friends, but he’s going to transfer because he can’t see me with another guy…  Jeez!  If you told me that you liked me sooner, then I would have given you a chance!  Be a man for once and face reality, Jonghyun!”

            Mason laughed, as he lay down next to me.  “Some guys are just like that.  They just don’t know how to admit it that it’s their fault that they’re in the situation they are in.” he commented. “Well, what about my brother-in-law?”

            I turned to him with a red face and he laughed.  “Yah!” I said.  I sat up and hit Mason’s shoulder.  “Just because Lu Han is going to ask Dad for permission to be my boyfriend, that doesn’t mean we’re going to get married any time soon.”

            Mason just laughed his off.  “It’s not typical any more for a guy to ask for his girlfriend’s permission to be with them…” he stated.  “Lu Han must really, really like you.”

            I wanted make an angry face at my brother, but I couldn’t help smiling.  Being with Lu Han made me so giddy and happy…  Is this how it feels like to have a boyfriend?  That wonderful, loving, warm, happy feeling…  I felt like I was flying in the clouds whenever I think of Lu Han.

            “Yah…” said Mason, grabbing my attention.  “Stop daydreaming about your husband.”  I growled at him, as I grabbed the pillow behind me.  “I understand that Lu Han’s your first boyfriend and-”

            I whacked Mason across the face with a pillow.  “Yah!!” screamed Mason, mad. 

            He quickly grabbed one of my other pillows as he tried to whack me in the face.  I quickly darted backwards towards my door, as I laughed.  “Try to get me if you can~!” I teased, as I opened the door.  I quickly ran down the hall, with Mason chasing behind me. 

            Although I was sad to know the reason of why Jonghyun was transferring, I couldn’t help it but feel excited about Lu Han arriving tomorrow.  He and Mason were going to share the same bed for a while this year.  My brother is planning on going to Yonsei University for their International Accounting Master’s program there in the spring… 

            I hope Mason is not going to cause extra trouble for me before I start filming, I thought.  In the next 3 months, I’ll be busy preparing with the dancing and singing lessons.  I want to spend as much time as possible with Lu Han.

 

 

            I tip toed and gave Lu Han a quick kiss on the lips.  He had just finished talking to Dad about receiving permission about being my boyfriend.  Dad said yes, with one condition…  Lu Han has to be his teacher assistant for the next 2 years, which he didn’t mind with at all.

            “You meanie!  For a moment, I thought that the condition was going to be that you live on campus or something bad, like go back to Beijing!” I said, pulling away from his lips.  I hit him.  “And, you made that stupid, sad, puppy face too!”

            Lu Han laughed.  “I just wanted to see how you react!” he explained.  “Your face was priceless though.”  He placed his big hands on my hips and brought me closer to him.  “Want to give me another kiss?”

            “No.” I pouted. 

            Lu Han smiled devilishly.  He his lips slowly and placed his hands on my face.  Before I knew it, he planted his wet, warm lips against mine.  Lu Han gave me big, wet kisses, as his hands traveled down to my waist.  I wanted him to deepen the kiss, even though we were kissing in the living room and my parents could walk in on us any second…  I had an urge to explore his mouth so badly, but he wasn’t making any moves to let me do so.

            I quickly ran my hands through Lu Han's hair, as I pushed my chest up against him, making him lean back against the wall.  A soft groan escaped his lovely lips as he cupped one of my s quickly.  And, I took my chance.  I let myself enter his lips eagerly.  He welcomed me, in a gentle manner, as both of his hands travel back down to my hips and himself once softly against my body.

            I moaned into Lu Han’s mouth, as I heard something cracking.  I continued to kiss him when he came to a sudden stop.  I pulled away confused, as I looked up at Lu Han’s face.  He looked so cute with the hair and blushing face.  Lu Han was avoiding my gaze, as he quickly looked away.  I looked over in the direction that he glanced at and I just gasped, embarrassed.

            “Wow.” laughed Mason, as he continued to eat his bag of chips.  “This is an interesting, live TV show we have going on.”

            “S-Shut up, Mason!” I said, as I threw a magazine on the sofa at him.  I could feel blood creeping up to my face as it turned bright red.

            Oh my GOD!!!  I want to die!  I want to die!  I want to die!, I thought.  I can’t believe that Mason just saw that!!  Why in the world does he have to be home anyways?!!

            Obviously, I missed my target because I was so shaken up by the surprise.  Mason just laughed again, making Lu Han and I uncomfortable.  He shook his head.  “It’s going to be fun having you two living under the same roof...  The Lu Han and Mia living under the same roof.  K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!  First, comes the sneaking behind Mason's back at night.   Second, comes the secret in the garage at midnight.  Third, comes the baby~” he singed.

            I stared at Mason, moritifed as I wanted kill him.  I quickly looked up at Lu Han, to see his expresion, and he was still blushing.  He was looking any where, but my brother and I.

            “Lu Han, I think you made the wrong choice to ask my dad if you could be Mia’s boyfriend.”

            “W-Why?” he croaked.

            “You should have asked my dad if you could have Mia’s hand in marriage because it obviously seems like you guys might have a kid before you two get married~” teased Mason.

             I looked over at Lu Han as his face turned a deeper shade of red.  Why is Lu Han being so shy?!!!, I thought.  He’s usually not like this!

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            Yay!!  Mia and Lu Han are together!!  Yay!!!  (Now, it’s going to be hard not to write y scenes…  LOL)  And, Mason’s going to be hanging around…  Wonder how that’s going to be…  he he he

            I hope that this chapter will give you guys a better insight to how Jonghyun feels.  ^^ 

LOVE,

loveFORyunho