Chapter 61

99% Males 1% Females

Listen to this.  It goes well with this scene.  ^^  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDcaxZPg2GY

            “Mia, what’s wrong?” asked Lu Han, worried.  I could feel his warm arms around me.

            I felt heavy tears fall down from my eyes.  “Lu Han.” I said, as I pulled him back into a hug.  I wanted to say his name so badly.  “Lu Han.

            “Did you and Kris have a fight?” he asked.  “Are you OK?”

            I looked up at Lu Han again.  Nothing happened, I thought.  Although I feel bad that Kris and I didn’t work out, I really want you to kiss me right now.

            I bit my bottom lip as I let out a sigh.  “Nothing happened.” I replied.

            “Then, why are you acting like this?” asked Lu Han, confused.

            “Because I wanted to be with you.” I replied.  His face hardened and I frowned.  “Lu Han, I don’t want to be with Kris.  I want to be with you.”

            I could feel his arms drop at his side and I watched him take a step back.  What?, I thought.

            “I wouldn’t be a good boyfriend to you.” replied Lu Han, almost in a whisper.  His facial expression softened, as he quickly glance down at me.

            “That’s not true!” I defended him.  “Why would you say that?!  You know very well you’d be the greatest boyfriend to me!

            “You don’t know me that well then.” breathed Lu Han.

            “But, I want you!” I cried.  “I want you to kiss me.  I want to hold your hand…  I want to be your girlfriend…  I like you, Lu Han!

            “I can’t…” he said.

            I in a breath.  “Stop denying it.  Stop being so stubborn!” I said, as I felt my hot tears roll down my cheeks.  “There has so many times that we’ve been together intimately…  How can you say you can’t?!  Surely, you must feel the same way.

            Lu Han swallowed hard, as I watched him.  He couldn’t meet my eyes.  He didn’t say anything as an awkward silence fell upon us.  “The tattoo…  Don’t you think that there’s a meaning behind it?  ‘Forever Together?’  And, it’s tattooed right on the radial pulse too!  Why can’t we be together forever, Lu Han?  Tell me why.”

            “It’s just a coincidence that it was in that area…” he replied, softly.  His eyes were travelling around the room, looking everywhere but me now.  “About being together forever…  I don’t even know if that’s possible.  We can be friends in this lifetime, but we can’t be lovers.”

            I let out a whimper.  I want you to kiss me… I begged.

            Lu Han looked up at me, directly into my soul.  “I can’t.” he said.  “And, I don’t feel the same way.

            I opened my mouth to say something when my phone started ringing.  I quickly answered it as I turned away from Lu Han.  Someone from Korea was calling me.  “Hello?” I asked, as I stepped out of the swimming pool room.  One of the butlers was waiting patiently for Lu Han outside.  I quickly gave him a small smile and turned the other way.

            “Oh, Mia!” said Jaekyung.

            “Y-Yes?” I stuttered, as I wiped my tears away.

            “I know you told me that you are in China, but I need you as soon as possible.” he said.  “We are going to film the movie early because it seems fitting.  I’m thinking about starting it 3 months from now.  So, I was wondering if you could come in next Monday to run through lines again.”

            I hesitated.  Considering how awkward it will be with Lu Han from now on, I wasn’t sure what to say.  “I’m sorry.” I said, softly.  “I don’t know if I can come in on such a late notice.”

            “Don’t worry.” said Jaekyung.  “I just decided this last minute as well.  If you can’t come, then we can arrange the run through at a better time.  I still have to contact the Thai cast as well to see how they feel about this.”

            “I see.” I said.  “Was that all?”

            “Um…  Yes, that seems like it’s all.” said Jaekyung.  “Enjoy your time in China.”

            “Of course.” I said. 

            And, with that our conversation ended.  I was already half way to my room and I just continued on.  It was useless to say the same things over and over to Lu Han when he doesn’t feel the same…  Why should I waste so much energy?  I couldn’t force him to feel the same…  Back in my room, I lay on the bed.  I could watch something on TV to get my mind off of what happened, but I decided not to.  I let myself cry into a pillow to muffle my cries.

            Lu Han said it himself that he didn’t feel the same way…  I had only hoped so, as I had so many times with so many crushes before.  I knew well that I wouldn’t have told him if I known that he didn’t feel the same.  But, I should have known… 

            He had always treated me a bit differently from other girls.  He obviously wasn’t attracted to me as other girls.  The thought of the beautiful and lovely Seohyun popped into my mind.  I became jealous, wishing I was as pretty as her.

            I frowned as I sent a text to Jonghyun, who was the only other person that could comfort me.  I didn’t want to tell Mason about something like this…  It will only make him worry and extra protective over me from Lu Han, which will not make the situation any better.

            Mia: I confessed.

            Jonghyun: And?!!

            I swallowed hard, unsure of what to say.  Mia: Rejection.

            Jonghyun: I’m sorry.

            Mia: It’s OK.  ^.^

            Jonghyun: You will always have me.   Come back to Korea soon.  I will even be at the airport to comfort you.

            I let out a sigh.  I wasn’t sure if I could stay in China anymore.  Master Song will be busy with a tour all over China, so I don’t have any more guzheng lessons anymore.  I could leave, if I really wanted to…  If I asked Jonghyun about what I should do, he would tell me to go back to Korea ASAP.  Then, I wondered what Lu Han would say…

            To be honest, I wasn’t sure what he would say at all. 

            I sat on the bed and feeling dizzy all the sudden.  I need to sleep, I thought.  I blinked slowly, wanting to sleep.  I should go home…  Get some time away from all this drama and then go back to Seoul for the run through…  It would be for the best.

 

***********************

 

            Lu Han lay in bed, in the darkness.  He was unable to fall asleep as he tossed from side to side.  He opened his eyes to look up at the ceiling.  Every single time he closes his eyes, the thought of a teary Mia would come to mind. 

            ‘I know that you’re worried about hurting Mia with your womanizing ways…  But, when the Gods tie that red string of fate around your ankles, no matter how hard you try to run away, you two are meant to be together.’ said his father, from earlier.

            Mr. Ching gave him a talk regarding Mia because Butler Cha and Kris had gossiped to him about what happened.  Kris told him about how Lu Han told him to take care of Mia.  Then, Butler Cha told him about her confession and his rejection.

            ‘I can tell that you love her so…  Just let fate be and all well go well.  You don’t need to deny your feelings when everyone already knows that you two are in love with each other.’

            Lu Han in a breath, thinking about Mia.  Was it that obvious from the start?, he thought.  Were we the only idiots that didn’t know that we were in love with each this whole time?  Lu Han shook his head.  If that’s it, then Mia and I are perfect for each other.

            Kris had called him after Mia left with her phone call.  He reported that he tried to kiss Mia.  To Lu Han’s relief, she wouldn’t let him.  Then, he went on to explain that he and Mia would no longer be dating each other.

            ‘To be honest, Lu Han…  I’m sure that there will be no other man on the surface of this earth that will love Mia as much as you do.  Just forget what you told me in Thailand and take your chance.’ said Kris.

            Lu Han had must had fallen asleep when he felt someone shook him awake.  He propped himself on his elbows, as he rubbed his eyes.  “M-Mia?” he asked, softly.  He quickly sat up on the bed, alert.

            She was on her knees by his bedside.  “Lu Han.” she said.  “I’m going to go home…  Tomorrow.

            “What?” he asked, in disbelief.

            Mia got off of her knees.  “I’m going home.” she said.  “I’m tired.  Besides, I have a script run through soon this upcoming Monday.  The movie production is going to start in 3 months from now.”

            Lu Han narrowed his eyes at her, not believing what she was saying.  She’s totally lying so she could go home…  All because I was being a jerk, he thought.

            Mia let out a frustrated sigh, as she rolled her eyes at him.  Lu Han quickly got out of bed, towering over her.  “Is there anything else you want to say?” he asked.

            “No.” she replied, giving the lazy eyes.  “I’m going to go sleep.”

            “Wait, don’t go yet…” said Lu Han, stopping Mia from turning towards the door.  “You said earlier that all you wanted is a kiss?”

            She glared at him, trying to act tough.  But, it was so obvious that she was blushing, even in the dark.  A smile crept across Lu Han’s lips at how adorable she looked.  Before Mia could react, Lu Han pulled her into a kiss.  They fell back gently onto the bed and she let out a small scream, being startled.  Lu Han smiled against her lips as he continued to kiss her with small kisses. 

            “I lied earlier, Mia.  I have fallen for you….  And, is now completely head over heels for you.” he softly said, into as the kiss deepened.

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            For the ending song, I think this will be suiting!!  :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIIMhhRgQ2I

            This chapter is pretty short, but I think you guys are pretty hyped up already.  LOL  I could have added more at the end, but couldn’t really think of any better way to end the chapter.

            Hoped you guys enjoyed this chapter!  ^^

           In case you guys are wondering...  I completely changed the plotline now...

LOVE,

loveFORyunho