Chapter 30

99% Males 1% Females

*********************

 

            I waved my hand in front of Heawoo’s face, as she sat there staring at me.  For a moment, I thought that she froze in place.  She swallowed hard and blinked her eyes.

            “No way.” she commented.

            I just flashed a small smile.  She asked me about the kissing scene with Kibum and I couldn’t lie to her.  I love her too much to want to lie to her, but if my parents asked, I would definitely lie to them.

            “So you guys are together?” asked Heawoo.  I shook my head.  “What?  Why?  Lu Han is such a jerk!  He kisses you 4 times and doesn’t even initiate a relationship with you?”

            I blinked.  “We’re friends.  It’s good enough.” I said.  Heawoo opened to say something, but I quickly added, “It’s not like we have feelings for each other anyways.  So, it doesn’t matter.”

            Heawoo flashed me a skeptical look.  “Mia, I don’t know.” she said, unsure.  “The way Lu Han as looking at you and Sehun today didn’t seem that way.”

            I rolled my eyes.  “He’s just pissed off because I woke him up early today and we were arguing.  And, we made jetlagged Mason woke up, so he was mad at us.” I said.

            “Aww~  Is Mason really tired?  When is he going back to NYC?” asked Heawoo, excited.  She and her crush on Mason…

            “He’s going back on Sunday.  And, who wouldn’t be jetlagged?  We’re like hours ahead of New York!” I replied.

            I was mad at Lu Han for treating Sehun the way he did.  I know that he was mad, but that was just plain rude.  He didn’t need to be such a prick to the boy just because he hasn’t had enough sleep.  So, I made him apologized to Sehun and that’s why I was sitting in Heawoo’s room.

            We were ready to leave when Heawoo dragged me upstairs to her room to talk.  And, there we were…  Talking about Lu Han.  I was frustrated.  It seemed like everyone wanted to talk to me about him.

            Minyu and Eunsung had been sending me texts nonstop because Kibum had a big mouth.  He told them that Lu Han snuck into my dressing room with lots of yellow roses last night.  I let out a sigh.

            “Does it really seem like we’re a couple?” I asked, softly.

            “Yeah.”

            I frowned and let out another sigh.  “I guess this is just something to really get used to when you have a close guy friend.” I said, as I shook my head.  “I should get going now.  Lu Han probably wants his nap before we go out for lunch.”

                Heawoo laughed.  “Sorry for the misconception.” she said.  “It was Sehun that commented on how you two were holding hands, that’s why I was freaking out.”

                “It’s OK.” I said, nodding my head.

                Great…  Now Sehun thought that we were together too, I thought.

                Heawoo and I headed downstairs to her living room.  Sehun and Lu Han were supposed to be in there.  Well, they were, but with 2 other people.  Heawoo’s older sister, Jaekyung and her infant baby were there too.

                “How cute!” I said, as I saw the baby boy.  Sehun and Lu Han were trying to get his attention as Jaekyung carried him.  “Can I hold him?”

                Jaekyung smiled.  “Of course.”

                I was handed over the baby boy.  “What’s his name?” I asked.

                “Dongho.”

                “How old is he?”

                “4 months.”

                I looked back at Dongho.  He was one of the cutest little boys I’ve ever seen.  “Aw~  You’re so cute!” I said, excited.

                “Hello!” said Lu Han, waving his hand.  Dongho laughed and Lu Han smiled.  “Do you like Hyung?”

                “No, he hates you.” I replied, quickly.

                Lu Han sent me a glare and then continued to make the baby laugh.  “Can I hold him?” he asked, curious.

                “Do you know how to hold him?” I asked, worried.  I didn’t want him to drop the baby.

                Lu Han shook his head.  “Mia, it’s OK.” said Jaekyung, with a smile.

                She took Dongho out of my arms and gave him to Lu Han.  I just watched him as he beamed a bright smile, excited that he was able to hold a baby.  And, to my disappointment, the baby was actually enjoying Lu Han’s presence.

                This is sad…  I’m usually the one that kids like the most, I thought, unsure of what I was feeling.

                Lu Han made Dongho laughed again and I chimed along.  I grabbed one of his little hands and started playing with him.  Lu Han and I made eye contact.  We smiled at each other and then at the baby again.

                “He’s so cute!” I cooed.  “Oh my God…  I love babies.”

                “I know.” agreed Lu Han, as he looked back at me.  “They’re so precious and cute and innocent and squishy.”  He pulled the baby closer to his body.

                I laughed and hit him softly on the shoulder.  “Squishy?” I asked.

                Before Lu Han could explain himself, I heard some giggling.  I turned to look over at Heawoo and she was holding up her phone.  She was recording us and I could tell.  “Yah!  Heawoo!” I said, as I tried to approach her.

                But, she quickly walked away, laughing.  “You guys were so cute.  I couldn’t help it!” she defended.

                I didn’t bother trying to get her any more.  I looked over at Jaekyung and Sehun.  They were both smiling as well.

                “You two will make great parents one day.” smiled Jaekyung.

                “Me and him?” I asked, as I looked at Lu Han.  “We’re not together.”

                “Oh?!  I’m sorry, I thou-” started Jaekyung.

                “It’s OK.” Lu Han and I both said, unison.

                “Mia, I would never be the father of your kids even if you begged me to be your donor.”  commented Lu Han.

                I just stared at him as I got burned.  Is he for real right now?, I thought.  I was speechless.  I didn’t have a comeback at all.

                “Does it look like I want to be your egg donor?” I asked.  “No!”

                Lu Han just laughed.  “That’s a lame comeback.” he stated.

                I just shook my head as Heawoo laughed.  “We’re going home.  NOW.” I said.

                Lu Han laughed as he handed Dongho to Sehun, who wanted to hold the baby.  “Sure.” he said.

                “Mia, wait.  My husband wants to talk to you.” said Jaekyung quickly.

                “Huh?” I asked, as I glanced over at Lu Han.

 

 

                It turns out that Jaekyung’s husband is Kwak Jaeyong’s son, Kwan Jinwoo.  Kwak Jaeyong, the famous director that wrote and directed My Sassy Girl, is her father-in-law?  I just stood there in awe, not knowing that Heawoo knew famous people all along.

                Kwak Jinwoo talked about how he saw the musical last night.  He was really excited to see such an amazing performance from college students and that he liked the screenplay.  Then, he went on about a musical movie that he was going co-produce in about a year or two from now.  He had asked me to go try out at one of his production company’s location in Seoul.  He handed me a card and the script, to my surprise.

                “Why?” I asked, looking up at him.

                He just smiled.  “You have a lot of potential for this role.” he said.

                That was not enough for me.  I wanted more.  Why me, of all the other people in the musical.

                “I’m sorry.” I said, unsure of myself.  “I still don’t really understand why you have personally invited me of all people.”

                Jinwoo smiled.  “When you were singing, I felt like you were suppressing your vocal skills because you didn’t want to overpower your costars.” he observed.  “And, then, I found out that you were the one that composed and wrote the last song of the musical…  You have talent and I would like to help you become known in Korea.”

                I just stared at him, dumbfounded.

                “Heawoo said that you want to be a composer, right?  Well, here is your chance.” continued Jinwoo.  “This might not have been the way you imagined yourself to enter the entertainment business, especially through acting.  But, this is a musical so you’ll be fine.  And, I think that it’s for the best.  There have been many auditions for the role that you will be trying out for and none of them seem to fit…  But, I think that you will do fine.”

                I just remember walking out of Heawoo’s house feeling like I was in a dream.  Lu Han did say something to me, but I wasn’t listening.  All I could think was, Is this for real?

 

Author’s Note:

                I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

                Lu Han was just being mean here:  “Mia, I would never be the father of your kids even if you begged me to be your donor.”  LOL  I couldn’t help it…  It came into my mind randomly as I wrote this, so I had to put it in.

Since it's short, I will update another chapter later. :D

LOVE,

loveFORyunho