Chapter 25

99% Males 1% Females

****************************

 

            I took in a deep breath as I looked over the script at the library.  Eunsung, Minyu, Lu Han, and I were sitting around a table, doing our homework before the cafeteria opened.  I was trying my best to envision how Kibum will say his lines and how I will kiss him.  Unfortunately, I keep on thinking about Lu Han instead.  Well, he keeps on popping up in my mind when I think of kissing Kibum.

            If that’s the case to make it easier to kiss Kibum, then I’ll have to think about Lu Han the entire kiss, I thought.

            Would Mason think that I have feelings for Lu Han if I told him about this?  About how his stupid face keeps on interfering when I’m imagining how I’m going to kiss Kibum?  I could totally understand where people would think that something fishy is going on between us…  I mean, we have kissed multiple times and those kisses weren’t simple pecks on the lips…  Well, don’t think anything stupid.  I DO NOT LIKE LU HAN.  Period.

            “Mia.” said Eunsung.  I looked up from my script.  “Kibum was telling me how you are struggling with that kiss scene with him…  And, I’m worried about you.”

            Before I could say anything, Minyu added, “Eunsung’s right.  You look so frustrated just now.”

            The pair quickly turned to look at Lu Han to make him say something comforting.  He looked up from his notes with a blank, clueless stare.  I could tell he didn’t know what to say.  And, it didn’t matter to me because he had been comforting enough with the kissing lessons over the weekend.

            “You’ll do fine.  Don’t worry.” said Lu Han, softly.

            Eunsung and Minyu flashed him a look.  Lu Han just gave them a confused look.  He seriously looked like he was drowning in water because he didn’t know why the two of them were mad at him.  That made me wanted to burst out laughing, but I kept myself calm.

            “Mia, is Kibum going to be your first kiss?” whispered Minyu.

            I just smiled to keep myself from rolling on the floor laughing.  “As a matter of fact,” I started.  “No.”

            “Really?” asked Minyu and Eunsung, loudly.  They said it so loud that it echoed throughout the library.

            Lu Han let out a soft laugh as other people turned to glare at us.  And, I just kept on smiling.  As soon as we exited the library, they bombed me with questions.

            “OMG!!  Who’s the guy?!!!”

            “Was he cute?!!”

            “Was he good?!!”

            “When was this?!!!!”

            “Mia!!  Who’s the guy?” asked Eunsung, grabbing me.  She lightly shook me.  “Tell us!  Tell us!”

            “He’s just some guy.” I replied, trying to shake her off of me.

            “More information, please.” said Eunsung, as she squeezed my shoulders.

            “He’s…  He’s Heawoo’s older brother!” I quickly replied, without thinking.  I did have a little crush on her older brother and that’s pretty much it.  I glanced over at Lu Han and he was smiling.  He just shrugs his shoulders, not caring.

            “W-What?” asked Eunsung and Minyu.  “Really?  How does he look like?”

            I looked around the scenery as Eunsung released me from her wrath.  “I-I guess he’s c-cute.”I answered, unsure.

            They flashed me a look.  “What does that even mean?” asked Minyun, as she turned to Eunsung.  “Oh my God!  What if he’s ugly and our precious Mia is just too sweet to admit that?!”

            Lu Han started to laugh out loud.  “You guys!  That’s just mean!” I said.  “I can reassure you that he is not ugly and quite attractive to many people!”

            Lu Han stopped laughing to breath and smiled brightly.  His face was red and I could tell that he was completely enjoying Minyu and Eunsung’s reaction.

            “Was he good?” asked Minyun, curious.

            Before I could reply, Lu Han did so.  “Oh~  He was good.” he replied.  “I saw them kissing during the summer.”

            I let out a laugh.  What a conceited jerk!, I thought.  Yes, you were good, but you didn’t need to say it like that…  Darn Lollipop.

            “Right, Dumpling?” asked Lu Han, as he nudged my side.  “That guy you kissed was good, right?”

            I had an urge to want to slap that baby face of his.  “J-Just because you saw some action, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t give you the right to judge him.” I said, weakly. 

            What the hell did Lu Han did?  If I’m not careful right now, I might slip and accidently tell the truth.

            Lu Han laughed softly.  “Being the expertise that I am, I could tell that he was good.” he said.

            Eunsung and Minyu were listening closely to our side conversation.  They quickly turned to me and raised their eyebrows.  “Well?” they asked.  “Was he good?”

            I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out.  “Uh…  Y-Yeah.” I answered, weakly.

            “How many times did you guys kissed?” asked Eunsung.

            “Uh…” I replied, as I glanced at Lu Han from the corner of his eyes.  Even he was surprised by that question.  He started counting with his fingers, but the girls weren’t looking his way.  “I don’t know!!”  And, the girls squealed with excitement. 

            I didn’t even want to count how many kisses Lu Han and I had shared over the weekend.  I didn’t want to think about it anymore.  And, I don’t care!!  God, what in the world did I got myself into?!  I just wanted to tell them the truth that my mouth is no longer a , but why do they have to be so excited about this?

            And!!  Lu Han!  Why did he have to throw fuel to the fire?!  If I wasn’t extra careful, I could have totally spilled the beans.

            “Oh my God!!  Mia had a summer fling!!  Our little girl is growing up!!” said Eunsung and Minyu, happily. 

            Since the two were distracted, I quickly turned to Lu Han.  He was just smiling like nothing happened.

            “What the hell?” I whispered, sharply.

            He laughed.  “It looked like you needed help.” he replied.  I rolled my eyes.  “Not only that, but you’re the one that started it.  You told them about the kiss.

            I let out a groan.  “I only said that because I didn’t want them to start asking me when Kibum tells them that I can kiss!” I defended.

            Lu Han nodded his head, still smiling.  I glared t him.  Damn it!  Stop smiling!!!, I thought.

            “It’s reasonable to tell them if you were thinking of that…  And, more than likely, he will tell everyone about your kissing adventures together.” shrugged Lu Han.

            I flashed him a look.  I had a sudden urge to want to kiss him just to shut his little face up because he was annoying me.  Lu Han laughed again.

            “Don’t worry.  I won’t tell anyone.” he said, putting his hands up as a sign of giving in.  “By the way, we kissed 4 times.”

            I let out a frustrated groan as I sent a blow to his shoulder.  “You didn’t need to tell me that!” I said.  “I don’t need to be reminded!”

 

 

            I remember feeling extremely nervous when I said my line.  “You’re obviously blind.” I said.  “You’re the one that hasn’t noticed anything.”

            All I could think about was the how I was going to kiss Kibum.  Obviously, I didn’t let my nervousness and distraction show on my face as I looked over at Kibum.  We were the only two on stage.  All the other cast members were sitting in the rows, watching our every move.

            “About what?” asked Kibum, clueless.

            I crossed my arms across my chest.  She raises any eyebrow.  “Really?” I questioned, as I approach him.  I closed the space in between us.  “This.”

            I reached up and took Kibum’s face in my hands.  He wasn’t as tall as Lu Han, which made it easier.  I pulled his face into mine and kissed him.    Fortunately, Lu Han didn’t pop up in my mind during that kiss.  However, Kibum was a rough kisser…  He was a bit too excited and I didn’t like that.  Calm you down boy, I thought as I pull away from the kiss.  It was a “passionate” one, but I wasn’t feeling it.  And, neither did Jinsang and Dr. Lee.

            “Kibum…” said Jinsang, as he rubbed his temples.  “Mia got it right this time, but you…  It was obvious that you were too excited!  I liked the pace that Mia was going at.”

            Dr. Lee nodded her head.  “I was feeling the same way.” she said.  “Don’t rush into it Kibum.  Remember, your character doesn’t know about Mia’s character’s feelings.”

            They were frustrated and it was noticeable.  We were doing our vocal training earlier when I found out that our lead actress was sick.  She got a mild case of the strep throat and won’t be here for rehearsals for this whole week as directed by the doctor…  We have 2 weeks until opening night if I don’t count next week, which will be for costume fitting and the stage set up.  That’s not a lot of time left.

            Kibum let out a long breath and nodded his head stiffly.  We acted the scene again.  I pulled him into the kiss, but he rushed it again.  Jinsang and Dr. Lee were frustrated, again.  Before we run over the scene again, I could tell that Kibum was frustrated at himself.

            I took in a deep breath.  Maybe it’s how I’m approaching the kiss, I thought.  If I was to approach Kibum in a gentler manner, then he might not rush into the kiss like that…  All the sudden I thought about the kiss I had with Lu Han last night.

            Even though the script asked for a passionate kiss, our kiss was soft and gentle in the beginning and gradually became steamy.  And, that was all of Lu Han’s doing.  Could it be that that type of kiss is more suitable for the scene then a passionate one as asked by Eunmi?

            I pulled Kibum’s face into mine and I kissed him softly, like how Lu Han kissed me last night.  Surprised by the soft kiss, Kibum wanted to pull away because that wasn’t how we were supposed to be kissing.  But, I stopped him like how Lu Han stopped me.  I wrapped my arms around his neck to keep him there.  I continued to kiss Kibum softly and Lu Han found his way back into my mind.  Before I could enter his mouth, I heard Jinsang.

            “Cut!” he said.

            We pulled away from each other and I stood there dumbfounded.  For a moment, I thought that I was kissing Lu Han again and that it was only the two of us back in my room.  I shook myself awake.

            I was kissing Kibum.  I was kissing Kibum and we are running over our scene, I forced myself to think.

            Jinsang looked over at me from his seat in the first row.  “Wow.” he simply said.  “That was pretty good.”

            Eunmi was sitting next to him and her jaw was hanging.  “Woah…” she said.

            “Huh?” I asked.  Kibum just stood there, not knowing how to react.

            “The kiss.” replied Dr. Lee.  “Mia, whatever you just did right there was perfect.  It suited the scene a lot more than the passionate kiss.  Not to mention how Kibum reacted; how he tried to pull away, but you didn’t let him.  I like it.”  She nodded her head.

            Jinsang turned to her and nodded his head as well.  He quickly wrote something on his version of the script.  I quickly grabbed my script from the floor of the stage, as I waited for Jinsang to tell us how he wanted us to act.

             “For that scene, I would like to change the passionate kiss into a soft, gentle one.” he said.  He, then, looked up at me.  “Mia, just write down what you did.  Whatever that improvised act was.”

            I nodded my head as I scribbled, “Kiss like kissing-scene-practice @ home.”  I had an urge to want to write Lu Han’s name so when I look over that scene again, I will know what kind of kiss it was.  But, I didn’t want anyone to accidently pick up my script and come to conclusions.

            We were done early and I was excited to go home, but remembered that I had to cook dinner.  I told Lu Han to wait for me because I DID NOT want him to burn the house down for real this time around.

            “That was pretty good.” said a warm voice.

            I turned to see Jonghyun.  He plays a small role in the musical and is very insightful on giving an explanation of the characters to the actors when Eunmi can’t make it.  So, Jinsang likes to keep him around. 

            I smiled and felt myself blush.  “I don’t know about that.” I said. 

            I heard him laughed softly.  “No, it was pretty good.” he said.  “That kiss was much more convincing than the original, passionate kiss.  Instead of completely throwing yourself at him, you were offering little bits of yourself a bit at a time.  I like it.”  He was nodding his head.

            I felt myself smile.  “I-I guess.” I said.

            We both walked out of the theater lobby and into the cold night.  “You had trouble before, right?” asked Jonghyun.  I nodded my head.  “What happened?  The way you approached the scene completely changed over the weekend…”

            I got kissing lessons, I thought.  That’s what happened.

            I opened my mouth to say something when Jonghyun interrupted me.  “Why don’t I walk you home?” he suggested.  “It’s dark and it wouldn’t be right to let a young woman walk in the dark, alone.”

            “Sure.” I agreed, as I led the way home.  “Well…  I just had to really think the scene over.  That was all.”

            “You’ve been kissed before, right?” asked Jonghyun.

            Why did everyone have to ask this question?!!  All the sudden, after I finally had my first kiss, everyone is asking this stupid question.  It was getting annoying.

            “Yeah, I have.  It’s just that I forgot how it felt like, so I had to remind myself…” I said, without really thinking about what I said.

            After I realized what I said, I turned to Jonghyun.  He raised his eyebrows at me.  “Remind yourself?  How?” he asked.

            Everyone at school knows that Lu Han lives with my family and I.  I prayed that he wasn’t thinking anything weird.

            “I watched a lot of kissing scenes from dramas and movies over the weekend as well.” I said, saving myself.

            …  I could have done that instead of asking Lollipop to let me borrow his mouth, I thought.  Suddenly, I felt a wave a anger wash over me.  Should have thought of that earlier.

            “Oh!” said Jonghyun, excited.  “That’s a really good way to approach a scene like that if you don’t know what to do.  You incorporate other people’s way of acting into yours and you made it completely unique.”  He nodded his head.  “I really like that.”

            “Hey, you two!” said a familiar voice.  Are you freaking kidding me?! 

            “Lu Han!” smiled Jonghyun.  “How are you?”

            The tall baby face approached us with a smile.  “I’m good.  How are you?” he asked.

            Ever since when we’re they buddies?, I thought.  Hmmm…  If they were gay, they would make a beautiful couple.

            I looked back at Lu Han’s baby face and Jonghyun’s strong features.  They were both feminine looking in a way and looked good together.  Yup, they would be a hot gay couple.

            “I didn’t know that the rehearsal ended early, so that’s why I just barely left the house.” said Lu Han.

            Jonghyun smiled.  “It’s OK.  If you come pick Mia up sometimes, then I can always send her home.” he said.

            “Are you sure?” asked Lu Han, not wanting to bother him.  Jonghyun nodded his head.  “Thanks, man.”

            I just stood there, staring at them.  Were they talking about me?, I thought.  And, there I was…  Thinking about them being gay…  ROFL!

            Jonghyun bid us good bye and turned around.  As we headed back to the house, Lu Han placed a jacket around my shoulders as if I wasn’t already wearing one.  I looked up at him confused as I came to a stop.  He just smiled at me.

            “I wouldn’t want you getting sick now.” said Lu Han.  He pinched my cheeks lightly.  He must had heard about the strep throat.  “When you get home, you’re going to go straight to sleep, OK?”

            “But-” I started.

            “I already made a copy of my math homework for you.” replied Lu Han, quickly.  “And, I ordered take out so you don’t have to cook.  Besides, it’s already 10:30 PM.  You can do your homework during your 4 hour break tomorrow.”

            I let out a sigh.  “OK.” I said, as we continued walking.

 

Author’s Note:

            It would be epic if Eunsung and Minyu found out that Mia’s first kiss was Lu Han…  Not to mention all the kisses they’ve had too.  LOL

            Yay!  Jonghyun’s back!  I know…  I need to throw in more Jonghyun moments….

LOVE,

loveFORyunho