Chapter 39

99% Males 1% Females

************************

 

            To Lu Han’s horror, Kris had found every single possible way to see Mia.  And, he tried to beat his friend to it but he was always one step behind.  Either Kris already went on a lunch date with Mia or already picked her up from her guzheng lesson or already took her out for dinner when he had barely thought of the idea.

            Lu Han was frustrated.  How the hell did Kris managed to do all of that?, he thought.  How does he even know when Mia gets her lunch break?!  He let out a small gasp.  It has to be DAD!

            “Hey, Dad…” started Lu Han, as he entered Mr. Ching’s home office.

            “Lu Han!” replied Mr. Ching, with a smile.  “We need to get that present for Lei Wei!”

            He smiled a small smile.  “I think a gift certificate to your spa is good enough.” he replied.

            “Really?” asked Mr. Ching.  Then, he nodded his head with a shrug.

            “Dad, I need to talk to you about Mia.” said Lu Han, quickly.  “And, Kris.”

            Mr. Ching blinked.  “What about them?” he asked.

            “I…  You…  Did you tell Kris about Mia’s schedule?” asked Lu Han.

            “Maybe I did…” said Mr. Ching, softly.  “Why would you need to ask about that?” 

            Lu Han opened his mouth to say something, but couldn’t.

            “I know that you’re worried about Mia.” nodded Mr. Ching.  “You shouldn’t worry…  I know that Kris will take good care of her.”

            Why don’t people just let me take care of her?, thought Lu Han.  Am I incapable of taking care of her?

            “Yeah…” he heard himself said.  “Kris will be able to take good care of her.”

            And, with that, Lu Han turned to leave the office.  But, Mr. Ching stopped him.  Lu Han had left his Rubik’s cube the last time he was there.  He quickly took the Rubik’s cube and left. 

 

************************

 

            Kris looked over his shoulder at me, as we entered the packed house.  The music was loud and I could literally feel it vibrate through the walls.  Kris smiled as he took my hand in his.  I returned his smile as he made his way through the dancing crowd.  Right at that moment, I could feel Lu Han place his hands on my hips.  His thumbs were brushing the material of my red, one shoulder dress.

            We eventually found the birthday girl, Li Wei, by her cake.  She was tall, lean, and beautiful.  Li Wei was surrounded by her immediate group of friends and she was laughing out loud when we approached them.  By that time, Lu Han no longer had his hands on my hips but Kris still had a firm grip on my hand.

            “Oh, hey you two!!” said Li Wei as she gave Kris a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

            She quickly turned to Lu Han with big smile.  And, she quickly gave him a peck on the lips.  He wasn’t anticipating that, so he looked uncomfortable after the kiss.  Li Wei turned to me and winked.

            “So,” she started.  “Who are you?  Kris’s new arm candy?”

            I was about to say something when Lu Han butted into the conversation as he wiped the lipgloss off his lips.  “Actually, she’s my friend from Korea.”

            “Oh?!  She’s Korean?” asked Li Wei, turning to Lu Han.  “I’m sorry.  I didn’t know that she didn’t know Chinese.  To be honest, I’m quite surprised that you even brought home a girl.  Did she give you her ity or something?

            What the hell is this chick talking about?, I thought as I looked over at Lu Han.  He glanced over in my direction as he opened his mouth to say something.

            Kris interrupts him by laughing.  “Li Wei, you don’t need to talk She knows every word that you’re saying.  Mia’s Chinese.” he stated.

             Li Wei turned back to me with a vicious smile.  “Really?” she asked.  She looked down at my intertwined hands with Kris.  “Well, little girl, you’re in good hands right there.  Better not stray~

            “We’re going to get something to drink now.” smiled Kris, as he handed her the present he was holding.

            “Oh!  Kris!  You didn’t need to.” she said.

            “I couldn’t help myself.” he said, as he pulled me to the bar.

            “Wow…  That was just rude.” I said, as I let out a sigh.

            Kris smiled as he ordered us something light.  Lemon drop martinis anyone?  He turned to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.  “Hey, it’s OK.” he said.  “She’s been like that because she wants to be Lu Han’s new girlfriend.”

            I shot him a questioning look.  “Are you serious?” I asked.

            Kris flashed me his killer smile and he pressed his warm lips against my ear, sending shivers down my spine.  “Li Wei has had a crush on Lu Han ever they were in middle school.  It’s only been recently that she has gotten enough courage to try to get his attention.” he whispered, in English.

            I just nodded my head, trying to understand her actions.  I get it.  She likes baby face, but she didn’t need to act that way.  For God’s sake, I was hanging off of Kris’s hand.  And, it was a good thing that Lu Han already took his hands off of me or it would have been ugly.  Kris and I were sipping the martinis when Lu Han found us.

            “Sorry about that.” breathed Lu Han, as he pulled me closer to him.

            I shook my head as I continued to drink and Kris started to laugh.  “It looked like Li Wei took you to the back, Lu Han.” he commented.

            I looked up at Lu Han.  His hair was messier than before and his clothes were a bit out of place.  “What happened?” I asked, as I finished my drink.  “You got ?”

            Lu Han shot me a death glare, but I just smiled.  I set my glass down and I tried to fix his clothes back in place.  “Nothing happened!” he stated, as he stopped me by grabbing my hand. 

            “It sure doesn’t look like that.” Kris and I said, in unison. 

            We turned to each other and laughed.  “Doesn’t it look like he has hair?” I asked.

            “I know!” agreed Kris.

            “She just tried to kiss me, but nothing happened!” yelled Lu Han, over the loud music.

            “Oh~  A kiss!” I teased. 

            “Now that’s otta be fun.” said Kris, with a nod.

            I laughed as I pulled my hand out of Lu Han’s loose grip.  I gave Kris a high five and we laughed louder.  I heard Lu Han ordering a glass of vodka.  I turned to him just as the bartender placed the glass in front of him.  He quickly downed the drink and turned to the dancing crowd.

            “You guys are so annoying.  I’m going to go dance now.” he said, as he walked away.

            I turned to Kris and let out another laugh.  “You wanna dance?” he offered.

            “Of course!” I laughed, as he took my hand and led me into the humid, dense forest of human bodies.

            I started dancing with Kris as he placed his arms on my hips.  He smirked and I almost peed in my pants out of excitement.  Like always, he was y.  But, he had his hair up.

(A/N: think of his hairstyle in the “History” MV). 

I my lips as I placed my hands on Kris’s hips and brought them closer to me.

            Kris’s eyebrows shot up with a devilish smile.  He seemed to have been excited and surprised at the same time.  I just smiled as I turned around and started to do a body roll.  I could have sworn I heard Kris groaned as his grip on my hips became tighter. 

            I laughed when I turned around to see him with his blushing face.  I could tell he was starting to get shy and I continued to smile.  Regardless of his shyness, Kris flashed a smile as he pulled me close to his body. 

            We were dancing until a girl interrupted us, wanting to have Kris as her dancing partner.  I didn’t mind because it wasn’t like we were a couple or something.  I was dancing by myself until I got thirsty and headed to the bar.

            Someone grabbed me from behind and started to grind on me.  I was glad that he was at least a few inches away from me.  Thinking that it might have been Kris, I let my body respond to his moves.  All the sudden, he grabbed me violently and grinned me against his manhood.

            I felt myself let out a moan as his hands started to roam over my body.   I had a sudden urge to want to kiss Kris and I quickly turned around.  To my surprise, I was face to face with a complete stranger.  Regardless, he was good looking.  He was tall, almost as tall as Kris, with an incredibly intense gaze.  He his nice, soft lips as he smiled.  He gave me a small bow. 

            “I’m sorry!” he said, over the loud music.

            I just smiled and shook my head.  I pulled him closer so he could hear me.  “I thought that you were someone else!” I replied.

            “And, I think that you’re beautiful!” he said back.

            I felt my face burned as I just continued to smile.  I have him a small bow and turned towards the bar.

            “Wait!” said the guy, as he grabbed my arm.  “Why don’t I buy you a drink?”

            I might as well take my chances, I thought and agreed.

            “What’s your name?” I asked, as we sat on the barstool.

            “I’m Tao.” he smiled.  “And, yours’?”

            “Mia!” I replied.

            “Mia.” Tao said, softly.  He took my hand and planted a gentle kiss on it.  “I like it.”  He sent shivers down my spine as I smiled. 

            After my martini, I became a dare devil that I’d never thought I would ever be.  Tao talked me into going to the back with him.  We went somewhere quieter and he attacked me with kisses that left me breathless.  With each breathless kiss that Tao gave me, I became more and more dizzy.

            I remember Tao was my lips.  He let out a groan as he grinded his body against mine.  That made me moaned softly.

            “Mia.” moaned Tao, as he pulled away to look at me with his intense eyes.

            “Tao…” I breathed, as the room started to spin.  “I don’t feel good.  I want to go home…”            I tried to push him away so then I could go back to the dancing crowd, find the guys, and go home.  He took my hand in his and pushed me against the wall behind us. 

            “It’s OK, baby.” smiled Tao.  “I’ll take good care of you tonight.”

 

*****************

 

            Kris felt a strong hand on his shoulder as he got spun around from the dancing girl in front of him.  It was Lu Han.  And, he looked mad.

            “Kris, where’s Mia?!” he yelled.

 

Author’s Note:

            Hope you guys enjoyed that chapter!  ^^  I didn't plan on putting Tao in here at all...  I'm quite surprsied myself, but I coudln't help myself.  :D

LOVE,

loveFORyunho