Chapter 6

99% Males 1% Females

 

 

**************************************************************

            Lu Han glared at Mia, as she sat down next to him.  He had a sudden urge to take her midget body and throw it out the window.  Mia didn’t care about helping him with math lecture on Monday night at all.  She said that since they are taking the same math class, then she might as well change classes.  He did not like that idea at all. 

            For God’s sake, it’s just math class!, he thought.  I’m not having trouble with math here; I just have trouble understanding the teacher because of his thick “Busan” accent!!

            He tried to tell Mia that, but she didn’t want to listen.  She wanted it her way since he already had it his way with her dad and their Seoul trip for the weekend.  I hate myself for being so bold at that time.

            Lu Han let out a breath.  He glanced over at his other classmates as they came into the classroom.  They were glaring at him again just because Mia was there.  There weren’t any girls in the class before she came.  It was fine before she came.

            Now everyone will seriously think that we’re together, thought Lu Han.

            Mia turns to him.  “Yah, don’t be so depressed.  Believe me; you won’t be shunned for long.  It’s a small school, the guys will eventually warm up to you.” she said, with a thick accent.

            What she said only made Lu Han’s blood boil.  She’s got it all wrong.  Because it’s a small school, it will only be harder for people to get over these stupid rumors.  He frowned. Lu Han just wants the rumors to die because it’s really getting to his nerves.  Here is a university that is supposed to full of students with ambitious career goals, not getting riled up over rumors like high schoolers.

            Then, again…  We are still kids in many ways, thought Lu Han as he turns to Mia.

            “You want to go grab something to eat after class?” she asked.  “My mom and dad won’t be home until later.”

            They were going to get out of class around 5 pm, so Lu Han didn’t mind.  He was about to reply when someone interrupted.

            “Of course I would love to go grab something to eat.” said a voice.

            The pair turned to see who it was.  It was some guy that Lu Han didn’t even know that was in his class.  But, as always, Mia knew who he was.  She made a face and rolled her eyes. 

            “Sorry,” she smiled.  “You’re not invited.”

            The guy glances over to Lu Han and snorted.  “And, you go around telling everyone in the school that you’re not with this baby face but you’re apparently going to have a date with him later?” the guy asked.  “Why don’t you just admit it and everyone will stop pestering with your little boyfriend?”

            Mia just smiles slyly.  “He has a name, you know.” she said, irritated.

            “I know.  It’s Lu Han.” he said, annoyed.  “And, I know that he’s Chinese and that he’s living with you and everything.  Who knows?  Maybe you guys are having aro-”

            “Just shut the up!!” shouted Lu Han, standing up. He looked at the guy straight in the eye.  “You don’t know anything.  So, don’t act like you do.”

            Lu Han grabbed his backpack and shoved his notebook in there.  “I don’t understand why you people can’t act like grownups!  I don’t care if this school is of 99% males and 1% females!  We’re not here to screw around!  We’re supposed to be here to better ourselves, to better our future!  And, for God’s sake!  There are better women out there in the world!”

            Lu Han shoved past the guy and walks out the door.

 

 

            Lu Han was looking over his notes when Mia came home around 6 pm.  Class ended at 5, so he assumed that she was with her friends.  Regardless, he felt a wave of relief because he was starving.  Lu Han has had the luxury of a personal chef at home for his entire life, so learning how to cook was not a necessary for him.

            He heard Mia walk into the kitchen and straight to the fridge.  Lu Han tried to concentrate on his notes, even with the pain of starvation.  Just hurry up and make some food, thought Lu Han. 

            He would never swallow his pride and ask her to make food for him.  All the sudden the aroma of deliciously cooked food filled his nostrils.  Lu Han looked up and there was a brown paper bag sitting in front of him.  Burgers.  It has to be burgers, thought Lu Han as his mouth watered.

            “You can thank me by paying for the gas when we go to Seoul this weekend.” said Mia, with a smile.

            Lu Han returned the smile.

 

 

            Mia was too excited.  She was literally jumping in her seat before she started the car, which surprised Lu Han.  “I can’t wait to see Aunt Lai!” she said, as she fist pumped into the air.

            Aunt Chung’s younger sister, Lai, was going to visit for a few weeks from San Francisco.  They were going to go pick her up before they come back home.  Lu Han was curious about where she is going to be sleeping though.  The Chungs don’t have a guest room.

            “Where is your aunt going to sleep?” asked Lu Han, as Mia hooked up her iPhone to the convertor cord and a song.

            “With me.” she responded, as she the car.  She entered the address of the hotel that they were going to stay at into the built-in GPS on the dashboard.

            Lu Han was surprised that Uncle Chung actually got Mia and Mason a sleek, luxurious Lexus to drive.  He thought that because since the dad was so simple by nature, he would buy a Toyota for the two or something.  Regardless, Lu Han didn’t mind the Lexus even though he misses his Porsche at home.

            As Mia backed out of the garage and into the driveway, the phone ringed and interrupted the song.  “Hello?” she asked, into her headset.  She pulled the car onto the road.

            “Hey, Mia!” said Eunsung.  Her voice came on the radio speakers.  “Are you going to be coming to the party later?”

            “No.” she replied, as made a right turn at the stop sign.

            “What about Lu Han?”

            Mia glanced over at him and he looks over at her.  “What about him?”

            “Do you know if he’s going to the party?”

            “Uh…  Why don’t you ask him?” replied Mia. 

            “I don’t have his number because you won’t give it to me!”

            “I told you that I don’t his number!” answered Mia, as she stopped the car at a stoplight.  She turns to Lu Han and asked, “What is your number, Lu Han?”  And, he just glares at her.

            “What?  You’re with him?”

            “I live with him.  And, you’re on speaker.”

            “What the hell?  Why didn’t you tell me that you were driving?  Is he going to be home later?”

            “Well, we’re heading to Seoul…  Right now.”  It was already 4 pm, so they will be in Seoul by 8 pm. 

            “What?!  NO way!”

            “Well, yeah.  I told you already, don’t you remember?  Just ask Minyu, I know for sure that she was listening to me when I told you guys during lunch.”

            “Ugh, fine.  Anyways…  Lu Han, you’re the cutest and iest Chinese man ever!  Bye!!”

            Mia and Lu Han laughs.  “Have fun at the party!  Bye.” she said, as she ended the call and the song came back on.

            “You’re friend is funny.” smiled Lu Han.

            “Do you always get confessions like that?” asked Mia, slowly.

            “Yeah, I always do.” he nodded.

            As Mia entered the freeway, she sighs.  “Since we’re head to Seoul right now, we’re going to hit traffic in 2 hours and that will be crazy.” she said.  “We might not get to the hotel until 9 or so.”

            “I wouldn’t be surprised.  People are excited to go home after a long day of work.” said Lu Han, as he leans back in his chair and sighs.  “I don’t really care because we’re going tonight, instead of tomorrow morning.”

            It was a Friday night and the pair was planning on spending 2 nights in Seoul.  They decided on that so they will be able to spend Saturday and half of Sunday to explore the city.  It’s impossible to explore the entire city, so they only planned on going to the main attractions.

            Lu Han’s eyes were heavy.  “I’m just really glad that we don’t have homework.” he said.

            “That’s for sure.” said Mia, as her head bobbed to the pop song.

            “Maybe you and I will work out and last for a lifetime~” singed Shinee and she singed along.  Meanwhile Lu Han was dozing off to sleep.

 

Author’s Note:

 

            I hope that you guys enjoyed that chapter!  ^^  Sorry that its short. 

 

LOVE,

loveFORyunho