Chapter 53

99% Males 1% Females

            I know that Lu Han was mad at me because I didn’t let him finish what he needed to say.  But, he completely misunderstood the situation.  In addition, I hoped that what Yixing assumed about us being together clarified that.  Yes, the younger guy is extremely cute, but that doesn’t mean that I like him!  Stupid Lu Han.

            I didn’t talk much to him.  My parents were doing some lecturing the first hour when we were on the road.  And, I usually try to defend myself, but I just took it in.  I did what I needed to and they should understand that.  So, in the middle of lecturing, I dozed off to sleep.  I was dead tired from dance practice, the food coma that I had from lunch, and from trying to find Yixing.  I kept on hearing someone talking softly, which was why I woke up…  At first, I didn’t know who it was and then I realized that it was Lu Han.

            “Sorry, we can’t hang out today…” he said, softly.  His voice was hushed, as if he didn’t want to wake me up.  There was a long silence and then he started talking again.  “No, Mia and I are going to go watch a movie.”

            What?  Ever since when?, I thought, moving around.

            Then, I realized that I was sleeping on my side…  I opened my eyes slowly to realize that I was sleeping in my room on my bed.  It was pitch black with some light coming from Lu Han’s room through the bathroom door.  I quickly turned to look at my alarm clock.  It was already 10:00 PM.

            “I know that it’s late…” continued Lu Han.  “But, I want to spend some time with Mia.  We’re always hanging out together that I feel like I’ve disconnected from my friendship…”  There was a pause.  “I hope you understand where I’m coming from, Seohyun.”

            I shifted back to my back and closed my eyes.  We are not watching a movie together, I thought.  There is no way that I would want to deal with that right now.

            “Well, good night.” finished Lu Han.  “I’ll see you on Monday.”

            Monday?, I thought.  Was he really planning on spending the whole entire weekend with me?

            To be honest, I was amazed.  But, I was tired…  I was about to fall back asleep when I heard Lu Han entered the room.  From his footsteps, I heard him walk up to my side.  From the shuffling of his clothes, I could hear that he was hesitant for some reason.  He gently placed a hand on my shoulder and shook me lightly.

            “Mia.” he softly said.

            “Hm?” I said, cracking my eyes opened. 

            And, there, Lu Han stood with his cute, baby face.  He looked so angelic in the darkness of my room.  For a moment, all I wanted was for us to fall asleep together and forget about life.

            “Let’s go to the movies.” he smiled.

            “I’m tired.” I explained.

            “You’ve been sleeping ever since 5 PM!” said Lu Han.  “That’s 5 hours!  That’s enough rest!  Let’s go do something together!”

            “What in the world do you want to watch?!” I asked, angry.  I seriously did not want to leave my bed.

            “Avatar!” smiled Lu Han.

            I groaned.  I felt Lu Han’s hand wrapped around mine as he pulled me up in bed.  I blinked slowly as I stared at him.  He was still smiling like a dork.

            “Come on!” said Lu Han.  “Let’s go!  We’ll have fun!  I heard that the movie is really good!”

            I nodded my head slowly.  “I know…  I heard about it too…” I mumbled.

            “Then, let’s go!” laughed Lu Han.

            I got off my bed slowly, but he kept on rushing me.  He went to my closet and pulled out a tshirt and a pair of shorts for me.  He threw the clothes in my direction as I just stood there, not wanting to move.

            Lu Han let out a frustrated groan.  “Mia!  Pick up your feet!” he said, as he walked back over to me.  He stood in front of me.  “The movie is going to start soon!”

            I just grunted in response meanwhile Lu Han rolled his eyes.  He quickly pulled the tshirt I was wearing off, exposing my bra.  It didn’t seem like he cared at all as he threw a new shirt on me.  I’ve lost a quite some weight and the shirt felt big on me.  I looked up at Lu Han and he was frowning, obviously upset at how thin I’ve became.  He suddenly tugged off the sweat pants I was wearing and made me wear the jean shorts.  Even the shorts were slightly baggy.

            Lu Han let out a breath of relief.  “OK!  We’re done now!” he said.  “Let’s go.”

            He grabbed my wrist and started to pull me out of my bed room…  Before I knew it, we were out the door and Lu Han was driving us downtown.  Apparently, he bought tickets online already and printed them out without telling me anything.  So, we didn’t have to wait in the long line to buy tickets at all, which I was grateful for.

            While we were waiting in line for popcorn, I turned to Lu Han.  “Did you plan on watching this movie for a long time or what?” I asked.

            He shook his head.  “No, I just thought of the idea by the time we got home.” he said.  “I didn’t want to wake you up, so I just bought the tickets online.”

            “When did we get home?” I asked.

            “Around 7:30.” replied Lu Han.  I was about to say something when he interrupted me.  “I didn’t want to wake you up because I know that you were really tired.  Also, the tickets at 8:00 were sold out.”

            He could have just let me sleep, I thought.  But, since he is going out of his way to “hang out” with me…  I should just be grateful.

            I yawned.  “Who took me to my bed?” I asked.  Lu Han blinked and pointed to himself.  I nodded my head.  “Yeah, I should have figured…”

            Lu Han laughed.  “I can never bring myself to wake you up whenever you’re sleeping.” he said.  “You always look so peaceful.”

            I laughed.  “I guess…” I said, as I shrugged my shoulders.

            Thinking of how horrible I probably looked, I used my phone as a mirror.  My hair was pulled into a pony tail since it’s dirty from the dance practice earlier.  I had no makeup on and the unfortunate thing is that I actually needed it.  My skin was blotchy from the acne outbreak that had recently healed.  I sent Lu Han a glare when I looked down at my shirt.  We were wearing the same tshirt.

            Really?, I thought.  This is just…  Ridiculous!  Just because I like him, that doesn’t mean that we can wear couple shirts! 

            I rolled my eyes as I called out Lu Han’s name.  He turned to face me and I gave him a soft punch in the shoulder.  “Why didn’t you make me up earlier so I could at least make myself look nicer?!” I asked.

            Lu Han laughed and I hit him some more.  “What?” he asked, as if not caring.  “You look fine.”  I huffed, not liking what he said.  His hands came up and pinched my cheeks lightly.  “You look cute the way you are.”

            I felt my face flush and pushed his hands away.  Lu Han just laughed, making my stomach flip.

 

****************

 

            Lu Han didn’t want Mia to eat only popcorn for dinner, so he told her that they can grab something to eat later from the minimart.  Fortunately, she’s not a picky eater and he was glad.  By the time the movie ended, it was already midnight.  Only the coffee shops along with the minimart were open to the club/party goers.

            Lu Han smiled at Mia as they walked out the door.  She was wearing his red track jacket because it was bone-chilling cold in the theater.  She was laughing as she looked up at him.

            “That movie was so good!” she said.  “I’m so glad that I didn’t sleep in.”

            “Exactly!” laughed Lu Han, as they headed towards the minimart.

            “Which part was your favorite part?” asked Mia.

            “The part when they were riding the dragon.” smiled Lu Han.  “Even though the scenery was on CG, it was amazing.”

            Mia laughed.  “I just love the whole movie.” she said.

            “I totally want to own a copy when it comes out on DVD.” commented Lu Han.  “So, I can watch it every day for 3 months!”

            Mia laughed again.  “That’s just crazy!” she said.  “The movie was good and I wouldn’t mind having it too, but to watch it every day for 3 months?  That’s just too much!”

            Lu Han just continued to laugh when Mia came to a sudden stop.  He watched her as she waved to someone.  He turned to see who it was.  Lee Jonghyun.

            “Hi, Jonghyun!” they both said, in unison.

            Jonghyun laughed, as he approached them.  He was wearing a white button up shirt and a pair of black slacks.  He looked good, but tired as he walked out of a coffee shop.

            “Hey guys.” he smiled, as he stopped in front of the friends.

            “What are you doing downtown?” asked Mia, as she went to his side and linked arms with him.

            Lu Han’s eye brow shot up from being surprised.  When did those two became so close?, he thought.

            Jonghyun laughed.  “I forgot to tell you.  I just recently got a job at the Aroma Café.” he replied.

            Mia gasped.  “No way!” she said.  “Can you get me a free slice of strawberry shortcake?!”

            I thought that she liked hazelnut cacao cake, thought Lu Han. 

            Jonghyun shook his head.  “Sorry, maybe next week.” he said.

            “So, are you heading home?” asked Lu Han, curious.

            Jonghyun looked up at Lu Han.  “Yeah, I am.” he said.  “It’s been a long day.”

            “Do you want to join us?” asked Mia, quickly.  Lu Han wanted to put duck tape on because she was being inconsiderate.  “We’re going to go grab something to eat at the minimart!”

            “Sure!” replied Jonghyun, excited.  “Why don’t we get some soju too?”

            Before Lu Han could say no, Mia quickly replied, “OK.”  He turned to her, surprised.  He knew that Mia doesn’t usually like to drink because of her bad experience before…  So, why did she suddenly start to like drinking again?

            What in the world is going on?, thought Lu Han.  He quickly panicked.  Did I spend so much time with Seohyun that Mia has completely changed without my acknowledgement?!

            As the trio started to head over to the minimart, he glanced over at Mia.  She looked over at him and smiled.  “Lu Han, is it OK if we spend some time at the nearby park?” she asked.  “We can eat, drink, and catch up there.”

            He smiled, agreeing.  “Sure.” he said.

            Lu Han really didn’t mind.  It was quite obvious that Mia has found a new friend in his absence…  Although he was sad to find out, Seohyun has somewhat replaced the important role that Mia had as well.  He knows that they are literally inseparable and how he spends his time with Seohyun is similar to how he spent his time with Mia before the relationship…  But, there were certain things that he knew that he would never do with Seohyun.

            Mia has always been the one and only person Lu Han has met so far in his life outside of his household that he has ever truly felt comfortable.  Even with Kris, Lu Han wouldn’t act like a dork like how he would with Mia.  There was something about her that would bring out the goofiness in him…  And, he didn’t feel the urge to be manly to prove himself as a guy to her.  She accepted him the way he was

            Lu Han in a breath.  Oh, wow!   I can’t believe that I have to realize that now, he thought. 

            He felt like that his realization was useless considering the fact that Mia and his friendship were no longer as strong as it used to be…  Because of how he managed his time with Seohyun.  Lu Han would question their friendship from time to time, but he never actually thought that they would actually become distant…

            But, that’s my fault.  If I had spent more time with Mia and an hour or so less with Seohyun, then maybe we wouldn’t be in this situation, thought Lu Han.  He pause his mind for a second.  Why do I keep on thinking about these relationships?  I should be thinking about school, studying, and homework…  Not relationships…  This is probably why I shouldn’t have gotten a girlfriend in the first place!

            Jonghyun, Mia, and Lu Han quickly bought the things they needed and headed to the nearby park.  Mia was caring a bowl of ramen and was excited to eat it.  She didn’t even wait for the noodles to be soft to eat.

            “Mia!” said Lu Han, worried.  He quickly opened a bottle of apple juice and handed it to her.  “Don’t eat so fast!  You’re going to choke!”

            She was coughing loudly and accepted the drink.  Lu Han was sitting beside her and lightly patted her back.  After Mia finished coughing, she turned to him and smiled.  She pinched his cheek.

            “Thank you, Lu Han!” she laughed.

            He smiled.  “Yah!” he said, grabbing the bowl of ramen away from her.  “Let the noodles become soft first!”

            “I’m hungry!!” replied Mia.  “You-”

            “Just wait another minute.” interrupted Lu Han.

            Mia opened to say something, but Jonghyun’s laugh rang loud and clear.  “You two are so funny!” he commented.  “Always bickering with each other.”  He shook his head.

            “Y-Yah…” said Mia, meekly.  She pointed her finger at Jonghyun.  “I was hungry.”

            “I know!” replied Jonghyun.  “You’re always so emotional when you are!  Couldn’t you just wait at least 3 minutes like what Lu Han said?  It’s not like you’ve been starving for the whole day!”

            Mia sent Jonghyun a glare and turned away from him, angry.  “What?  Don’t tell me you have been starving all day long?!”

            Mia pouted as she crossed her arms across her chest.  Lu Han turned to Jonghyun.  “Actually, she did.” he said.  “She hasn’t had dinner yet because we were going to be late for the movie.”

            “Ahhh….” nodded Jonghyun.  “To be honest, I’m quite surprised.”

            “What the hell?!” asked Mia, as she turned back to Jonghyun.  “That’s mean!”

            She pouted as she turned to Lu Han.  He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and she buried her face into his chest.  She pretended to cry.  “Lu Han, Jonghyun is being mean~” she complained.

            “It’s OK.” he said, as he patted her head.

            Meanwhile Jonghyun just continued to laugh as he opened a bottle of soju.

 

Author’s Note:

            Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!  ^.^ 

            I totally want to watch Avatar again…  T.T  It was such a good movie!

LOVE,

loveFORyunho