Chapter 47

99% Males 1% Females

            I let out a yawn as I placed my cotton face mask on my face.  After I was done, I leaned back on my bed.  I stared at the ceiling, not wanting the mask to fall off.

            “Why do you keep on asking Kris to ship those masks to you?” asked Lu Han.  He was lying on his stomach on my bed, reading one of my beauty magazines.  “Your skin looks fine these days.”

            I groaned.  “You don’t understand because you’re born with beautiful skin!  I have to keep up with my skin…” I explained.  I would totally kill to have your baby soft skin and prefect, doll-like face.  God!!  You’re even prettier than me and I’m a darn girl!!”

            Lu Han laughed.  “Mia, you’re so funny.” he said.

            I rolled my eyes, as I turned slightly towards him.  He was looking at me with that smirk of his.  “Yah!” I said, as I lightly kicked him on the leg.  “What’s so funny?”

            Lu Han placed his head on my chest.  “I’m not perfect.” he said.  “You know that…  Besides, I’d rather be manly looking than looking like some girl.”

            “What?  You’re not manly enough to get girls?” I teased.  “It sure doesn’t seem to be like that.  You’re popular, wherever you go.”

            “I guess.” shrugged Lu Han, as he got up.  He started to fluff the pillows for my ankle for the night.  “But, I’d rather be called handsome than cute all the time.”

            I rolled my eyes as he placed the fluffed pillow under my ankle.  “You are handsome, Lu Han.” I said, without thinking.

            He quickly turned to me with bright, shiny eyes.  “Say it again!” he demanded, excited.

            I let out a soft sigh.  “You.  Are.  Handsome, Lu Han.” I said, slowly.

            The fool smiled as his mind went elsewhere…  I scoffed as I looked away from his gaping smile.  It has been almost a week since I fell down the stairs.  Hyuk wants me to keep myself off of my left ankle for at least 2 weeks for a proper healing.  So, I will be behind on dancing for 2 weeks…  I was excited that I didn’t have to deal with dance classes for a while, but I didn’t like the idea of being behind.  Regardless, the situation was what it was.  I didn’t dwell on it for too long.

            Surprisingly, Lu Han faithfully piggy back ride me to all the classes that I needed to.  I thought that he would complain after the first day, but he somehow enjoyed it.  He said that it was the only time that he got to spend time with me since Seohyun is always the center of his attention these days.  In a way or two, I did agree with him on that but didn’t voice my opinion.

            After 25 minutes, I got up and took my mask off.  I limped to the bathroom and put on my nightly skincare.  When I was done, I went back into the room.  Misty was on the bed and Lu Han was petting her.  She was purring loudly as he scratched her head.

            “You like me, right?” asked Lu Han, as he smiled at the cat.  Misty purred louder, in response.  “Am I your Daddy?”

            I stopped in my tracks and shivered, being disgusted.  “What the hell are you saying?!” I asked, mad.  “You can’t just say that you’re her dad!  I’m her mother!  I’m the one that have to give consent on who her dad is!”

            Lu Han rolled his eyes.  “For God’s sake, Mia!  I’m practically her dad!” he said.

            I went up to the bed and gave him a shove in the chest.  “No!!  You’re not!!” I stated. 

            “Yes, I am!!” shouted Lu Han.  “I’m Misty’s Daddy!”

            “What the hell?!!” I asked.  “Where the hell were you when she was a kitten, huh?!  I raised her myself!”

            Lu Han was speechless.  “I-I…” he started, lamely.  “Well, if I knew that she existed then I would have helped out!”

            I rolled my eyes.  “You didn’t even know me 4 years ago!” I stated.  “Get out of my room!”

            Lu Han glared at me as he quickly slid off my bed.  He left my room and closed my bathroom door with a thud.  I rolled my eyes.  I bet he’s going to go throw a hissy fit in his room, I thought.

            In the morning, Dad turned to Lu Han and I.  He gave us an unreadable, slightly disgusted look.  For a moment, I panicked.  Did he find out that we have been sleeping together for the past 2 weeks?!, I thought.

            “Were you two fighting about who is Misty’s dad last night?” he asked, randomly.

            Lu Han choked on the orange juice he was drinking and I just stared at Dad.  He just simply nodded his head, slowly.  “Well, out of context, your argument sounded like you two secretly had a child together…  Or, that Lu Han is a man that is trying to be a father to a child that is not his own.”

            I quickly turned to Lu Han.  “See?!” I teased.  “You’re not Misty’s Daddy!”

            He just glared at me.  “I am her father!” he pressed.

            Before I could say anything, I heard Mom laughing out loud.  I turned to her.  It seemed like she enjoyed our conversation this morning.  “You two are so hilarious!” she commented.  Then, she let out a breath.  “It would pretty interesting if you two did have children…”

            “Mom!!!” I said, disgusted.  I shivered.  “Don’t say things like that!!!”

            I turned to Lu Han for support.  He didn’t seem to care.  He just simply shrugged his shoulders as he continued to drink his orange juice.  I let out a frustrated groan as I reached out for my cup of OJ.  It was gone.  I looked over at Lu Han.  His cup was directly in front of him to his left, but he somehow grabbed mine instead.

            I kicked his leg, making him spill some orange juice on the table and his red polo shirt.  “Yah!” I said.  “That’s my orange juice, you stupidass!!”

***************

            Seohyun let out a sigh.  She looked at her roommate, Chorang, across the room.  It was morning and they were going to go down to the cafeteria to get breakfast.  But, Chorang brought up the topic about Lu Han and Mia.  The roomate threw Seohyun a look.  “Well, don’t you think that Lu Han and Mia are a bit close?” she asked.

            Seohyun shook her head.  “No.” she said.  “It’s not what you think.”

            Chorang shook her head this time.  “NO.” she said.  “You don’t know what you’re getting yourself into.”

            “What do you mean?” asked Seohyun.

            Chorang rolled her eyes, frustrated.  “Look, I know firsthand how it feels like for a boyfriend to have a girl as his best friend.” she stated.  “And, you know what?”  Her voice became weak.  “That bastard cheated on me with her!!”

            Seohyun gasped.  “No way!” she defended.  “No, Oppa’s not like that!”

            “How do you know?  Lu Han’s obviously enjoying carrying Mia to every corner of this campus for the last 2 weeks!  And!  Even before you two were together, they were literally super glued together and even have couple shirts!  Just look at the student forum!” stated Chorang.  She shook her head.  “He could be fooling around with Mia and you wouldn’t even know it!  Has there ever been a time when all Lu Han talks about is her?”

            Seohyun had to think about it.  Although he has never really mentioned Mia before, he has started to recently after she fell down the stairs.  From what Lu Han tells Seohyun, he also takes care of Mia at home.  There was always something new every day about what Mia did that he found entertaining…  Or, it would be something what they would together like doing facial masks together or eating a midnight snack together. 

            “Well, no.” replied Seohyun. 

            “Why don’t you ask Lu Han what Mia means to him?” suggested Chorang.  “If he comes up with some stupid answer that is unreasonable, then he’s just keeping her around to have some room to play around.”

            Seohyun hesitated.  “I did.  And, he said that she’s his best friend.” she replied.  “That’s a reasonable reason!”

            The roomate nodded her head, slowly.  “Well, yeah…  But, I honestly think that there’s something more to their friendship…  Whatever that may be.” she voiced.  “Just be careful, Seohyun.”

            “I-I think I’ll ask Oppa if we can hang out tonight.” she said.  Chorang raised an eyebrow.  “Expect yourself to be in your friend’s room for the part of the night.”

            “If he isn’t having with Mia, that’s got to keep him wrapped around your finger.” nodded Chorang.

            Seohyun just shrugged off the emotion that she was feeling.  It was foregin to her and she couldn’t pinpoint it out.  Whatever it was, she didn’t like it.  In fact, Seohyun hated that emotion that she was feeling.

 

 

            Lu Han quickly kissed Seohyun.  He shoved his tongue into hungrily as his hands travled all over her body.  She pulled his body closer to her’s. 

            “Oppa…” moaned Seohyun.

            Lu Han pulled away from the kiss slowly.  He opened his eyes to see a beautiful, glowing young woman in front of him.  Seohyun’s chubby, soft cheeks were pink…  And, that only made him want her even more.  Lu Han grabbed her face as he plunged back in for another breathless kiss.

 

 

            He took his place next to her, breathing heavily.  Even though Mia didn’t take up a lot of time away from Seohyun, Lu Han felt that they have became a bit distant these days.  Not that he really mind.  He didn’t want to spend every living second with her because he knows that they will get bored of each other.

            “Oppa.” said Seohyun, as she turned to face him.  Under the blankets, he could feel her press her body against his.  “You’re so good…”

            Lu Han smiled.  “Glad to know.” he said, as he let his fingers dance on her waist.

            Seohyun giggled.  She gave him a small peck on the lips.  “Let’s go shopping tomorrow.” she suggested.  She watched him as he hesitated to answer. 

            Lu Han thought for a moment.  “Sure, I think Mia wants to get some shirts or something…” he commented.  “Is it OK if she comes along?”

            For sure, Seohyun didn’t mind at all.  Mia is her boyfriend’s best friend.  If they were to get married one day, Seohyun would expect her to be the best man…  “Sure!  I haven’t been able to talk to Sunbae for a long time…” she said.

            Lu Han smiled, as he lightly pinched her cheek.  “Yeah, she’s been pretty busy.” he said.

            I’m quite curious how these two will interact in front of me, thought Seohyun.  Even though Lu Han and I have been together for a while now…  We haven’t offically hanged out together ever since he asked me out.

 

Author’s Note:

            Lu Han and Mia’s parental conflict over Misty…   LU HAN, YOU’RE NOT MISTY’S DAD EVEN IF YOU WANTED TO BE!!  For the love of God, she’s a CAT!!!!

            And, Seohyun…  Just trust your instinct.  Lu Han is a good boy.  Period!!

            Hope you enjoyed the new chapter!  ^^

LOVE,

loveFORyunho