Chapter 17

99% Males 1% Females

******************************

 

            As soon as Lu Han got out of his finance class, he quickly headed over to the theater.  The list of people that got roles for the musical was up.  It should have been up ever since 8:30m, but he had class and so did Mia.  He got there and was winded.  He, then, realized that he must have run there.

            Apparently Mia had beaten him to it because she was standing in front of it alone.  She quickly turned around, dazed.  She saw Lu Han standing in front of her and she smiled.

            “Oh my god!!” said Mia, jumping.  She gave him a tight hug.  “Lu Han!!  I got the supporting role!  I don’t care which part I get as long as I got one!  I got a part, Lu Han!”

            He laughed as he pulled away from the hug.  Even though she didn’t get the lead role, the support role is good enough.  Lu Han looked down at her.  “You’re the supporting actress?” he asked.  Mia nodded her head and let out a squeal.  

            She took his hand in hers and took him over to the list of names and parts.  “Look!” said Mia, pointing to her name.  It was on the top.  “I got it!”

            Lu Han quickly pulled out his phone and took a picture of it.  “Now you have a memento.” he said.

            “We should celebrate.” suggested Mia.

            Lu Han blinked.  “How?” he asked.  Mia shrugged her shoulders.  “We could go somewhere now…”  He glanced down at his watch.  It was already 10:40.

            “Oh!  I know!” smiled Mia.  “There’s a café downtown.”

            “For lunch?” asked Lu Han.  Mia nodded her head.  “Let’s go then.”

 

 

            The pair went to a café called Aroma and ordered the lunch special.  Lu Han placed his head on Mia’s shoulder as they waited.

            “Did you get sleep last night?” asked Lu Han.

            “Yeah.” replied Mia.  “You didn’t sleep?”

            “No.” replied Lu Han, closing his eyes.  “I was nervous for you.”

            Mia glanced down at him.  He lifted up his head and looked into Mia’s eyes.  “Why?” she asked.

            Lu Han laughed, unsure of himself.  “I don’t know.  I just was.” he said, with a shrug.

            Mia smiled.  “I was nervous, but I didn’t stay up all night.  Not only that, but I seriously thought that I got cut.” she said.  “It would be too tiring to be up that late.”  She took his hand under the table and gave it a squeeze before letting go.  “Thank you for being nervous for me though.”

            Lu Han nodded his head and rubbed his eyes.  He glanced over at Mia and she started laughing.  Her hand came up and poked the skin under his eyes.  “You have dark circles.” she commented.  “We should go home after this so you can nap.  We have a slow day today.”

            Lu Han strangely didn’t want to sleep.  He just wanted to be up and going.  “I don’t want to sleep.” he contemplated as he rested his head on Mia’s shoulder.

            She flicked him on the forehead and he jumped.  “What the hell?” he questioned, mad.

            Mia laughed.  That made Lu Han angrier because she was playing around.  “You’re edgy.” she said.  “We’re going to go home and you’re going to get some sleep, even if it’s only for 30 minutes.”

            Lu Han nodded his head in agreement.  “OK, OK…  I’ll go get some sleep.” he said.  From the way Mia was being assertive, he knows that she will not take no for an answer.

            There was a silence as the soft music in the café was playing in the background.  Lu Han rested his head on Mia’s shoulder again and closed his eyes.  There were people here and there in the café, but there weren’t many.  Lu Han could feel himself slowly falling to sleep.  It was comfortable for him in that position.  Mia was warm and the booth that they were sitting at was comfortable.

            “Jonghyun?” asked Mia, with a surprised voice. 

            Lu Han jumped in his seat, being startled.  He opened his tired eyes to see a tall, pale guy standing in front of their table.  He was wearing a smile with a cup of coffee in hand.  The guy was grungy looking with his long hair and worn out clothes.  Regardless, he was handsome.

            Lu Han turned to look at Mia.  She had turned to look at him.  “Lu Han, this is Jonghyun.” she said, looking back to Jonghyun.  “And, Jonghyun this is Lu Han.”

            Jonghyun reached over the table to shake his hand.  It was a strong, firm handshake.  Lu Han smiled.  “It’s nice to meet you.” they both said, in unison. 

            “So are you guys here for lunch?” asked Jonghyun.

            “Yeah.” replied Lu Han, still tired.

            Jonghyun turned to Mia.  “So when are you going to get me coffee?” he asked.

            “I don’t know.” she shrugged.  “Whenever you’re available.”

            Lu Han glanced at the two.  What?  Ever since when did they plan on getting coffee with each other?, he thought.

            Jonghyun continues to smile.  “I’ll just send you an email when I have free time.” he said.  “Oh, by the way…  Congratulations on getting the supporting role.”

            “I know!” said Mia, excited.  “I honestly thought that I might not get a part at all, so I don’t mind being a supporting actor.”

            Jonghyun nodded.  “That’s good though.  It’s hard to get a part in BYU’s musicals.  Period.” he said.

            “Exactly!” nodded Mia.

            “I’ll see you guys around.” said Jonghyun, as he motioned to leave.

            “Bye.” said Mia and Lu Han, in unison.

            As soon as Jonghyun left the café, Lu Han turned to Mia.  “That was really nice of him to give a hint for the musical.” he commented.

            Mia smiled.  “That’s why I’m going to be treating him to some coffee.” she said.  “Even though the hint wasn’t helpful, I was able to get the gist of the musical.”

            Lu Han nodded his head as the waitress brought them the food the ordered.  Oh...  I thought that Dumpling was hitting on that guy, he thought.  He had an urge to want to laugh his head off.  Mia, dating?  That would be comical.

 

 

            Lu Han was dreaming of being in Beijing.  He was with his friend, Kris, and they were at a bubble tea shop.  Lu Han was drinking the honeydew flavored bubble tea and Kris was drinking his usual strawberry flavored bubble tea.

            “We should go somewhere for the summer.” suggested Kris.

            “Like where?” Lu Han heard himself ask.

            Kris shrugged his shoulders.  He is 187 cm and towers over many Chinese, even Lu Han.  To Lu Han, Kris looks manly and is extremely handsome…  But, in real life, he’s a soft, kind, sensitive guy.

            “I don’t know.” shrugged Kris.

            Lu Han laughed.  “Here we go, again.  This always happens.” he said.

            “Lu Han.” said a familiar voice.  It was Hua.  She was walking towards the two boys with a freshly made mango bubble tea. 

            Even in his dream, Hua was still just as beautiful as the model she was.  She smiled as came to Lu Han’s side and linked arms with him.  “We should go to Thailand.” she suggested.

            “It’s hot there.” complained Kris.

            “But we’ll be by the sea!” reminded Hua, excited.

            Lu Han smiled.  “Sounds good.” he said.

            Kris rolled his eyes and smiled.  “You’re only agreeing to Hua because she’s your girlfriend, Lu Han!” he said, as he pointed a finger accusingly at him. 

            “I can’t help it!” defended Lu Han, as he looked over at Hua.

            She was tall, standing at 173 cm.  It was a perfect height for Lu Han because he could easily kiss her whenever he wanted to.  He smiled as he started to lean into her.  All the sudden, a harsh-blowing wind came over his face and pulled him out of his dream.

            Lu Han stirred on his bed.  He opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling.  He quickly sat up in bed and saw Mia at his desk, on the iMac computer.  He narrowed his eyes.  What is she doing here?, he thought.

            “It was you, wasn’t it?” Lu Han, asked.

            “What?” asked Mia, as she turned off the computer.

            “You woke me up.” stated Lu Han, angry.  He was mad.  He regretted giving up his sleeping pattern for her.

            Mia just blinked at him.  “I had to wake you up.” she said.  “You’ve been sleeping for 2 hours already and you have class in 15 minutes.”

            Lu Han let out a breath and shook his head.  He was still angry because that was a good dream.  He got out of bed and gave Mia another glare.

            “If I knew that you were going to be this irritated when people wake you up, I would have never suggested that nap.” she stated.

            Lu Han threw on his backpack and grunted.  Sociology will be a long class to live through today, he thought. 

 

Author’s Note:

            Who is Hua?  You’ll get to know who she is soon.  ^^

LOVE,

loveFORyunho