Chapter 40

99% Males 1% Females

            Kris quickly scanned the dance floor.  He couldn’t spot Mia anywhere.  He turned to Lu Han, as stress pumped through his blood.  She was just here a few minutes ago, Kris thought as his friend sent him a glare.

            “God!!  Why does it have to feel like I’m trying to find a needle in a haystack!!!” yelled Lu Han, frustrated.  He was pushing people out of his way as he got off the dance floor.  Kris followed behind him, quietly.

            Lu Han quickly turned around to give Kris a hard shove in the chest.  “You said that you’ll take care of her!” he said.  “Where the hell is Mia?!!!  I can’t find her any where!!”

            Kris stared at his friend, as he watched him rage with anger.  He has never seen Lu Han acted like that before in front of him or in public.  Some people were glancing their way, as Lu Han continued to yell.  But, when they realize that there weren’t going to be any fist fight, so they quickly turned away.

            “She can’t just disappear, Kris!” said Lu Han, as he heaved.  “But, I can’t find her anywhere!!”  He started to sound desperate and worried.

            “Lu Han.  Calm down!” he said, as he grabbed his friend and shook him.  “Look, there’s no way she could possibly leave without us.”

            Lu Han swallowed hard and shook his head, as he pushed Kris off of him.  “I already checked when I realized that she wasn’t with you…  And, she’s nowhere.” he said.

            “Let’s double check.” suggested Kris.  “You should have come to me when you realized that she was gone.”

            “Well, it looked like you were having too much fun.” replied Lu Han, with a bitter tone.

            Kris let out a breath.  “I’m sorry.” he said, with sincerity.

            The two friends split up and went looking for Mia.  The house had over 300 people, so they decided to head to the bedrooms first since she wasn’t on the dance floor.  After bargaining into 10 rooms, they still couldn’t find her.

            Lu Han looked over at Kris as he slammed the door to one of the rooms.  He was frustrated and stressed.  “You’re going to have to go check if she’s in the pool house.” he suggested.  “And, I’ll go check the room in the attic.”  Kris nodded his head.  “If I don’t meet you up down there or call you, then that probably means that Mia’s up there.”

            Kris went out to the backyard.  There were still a lot of people there, but it wasn’t as stuffy as the house.  Not to mention the cold Beijing winter that is keeping some others from being outside.  He pulled the door to the pool house open.  There was a gay couple in the bed and Kris quickly closed the door.

            “Woah.  That was definitely not Mia!” he said, as he walked back to the house.

            Kris didn’t run into Lu Han, so he quickly sprinted up the 3 flights of stairs to the attic room.  He was glad to see Mia on the bed when he ran into the room.  Kris bent over to catch his breath as he observed the scene for a few seconds.

            Mia was on the bed.  She was tied to the bed frame and her red dress was pushed up to her stomach.  Her underwear wasn’t on and she was crying as she tried to break free.  Lu Han was on top of the completely guy and throwing hard punches, repeatedly.  Kris quickly pulled off his jacket and threw it on Mia.  Then, he turned to Lu Han.

            Worried, Kris quickly pulled him off of the guy.  As he had feared, the guy’s face was completely covered in blood.  Judging from how hard Lu Han was punching and the blood, his nose must have broken.  The guy quickly stood up and wiped his bleeding nose.

            “You ing bastard!!” yelled the guy.  His voice was familiar.  He quickly grabbed his clothes. 

            Lu Han was about to throw another punch, but Kris stopped him.

            “Tao?” asked Kris, as he held Lu Han down. 

            “Who the hell do you think you are?!” asked Lu Han, frustrated.  He tried to shake Kris off of him, but couldn’t.  “If you wanted some to screw around with, then they’re all over the place!  Why Mia?!!!”

            “That .  If I knew that she was with you two, then I wouldn’t touch that ing fatass.” said Tao, as he quickly ran down the stairs. 

            Kris quickly turned to Mia, worried.  He pulled out his pocket knife and tried to undo the tied rope.  Lu Han was about to chase Tao down, but Kris stopped him by calling out Mia’s name.

            “H-Hey!” said Kris, as he held Mia’s face.  Her eyes were heavy and it looked like she was about to pass out on them.  “Mia!  Mia!  Don’t fall asleep!!

            Lu Han pulled Kris off of Mia.  “Yah!  Mia!!!” he said, as he tried to pull her close to his chest. 

            “Please don’t do anything to me… she said, with a weak voice.  Her tears were still flowing, but she was no longer struggling.

            Lu Han was breathing hard.  “Mia!  Mia, it’s me Lu Han.”  he said.  It’s Lu Han!

            Mia’s eyes closed.  “Lu Han, Mia’s tired.” she said softly, as her eyes gave out on her. 

            He turned to Kris and said, “We’re going to get out of here.”  Kris nodded his head.  “Mia and I can’t go home with her like this.  We’re-

            “Just crash at my place.” he said.  “And, I’ll do the driving.”

            Lu Han nodded his head as he slipped under Kris’s jacket.  He quickly pulled down Mia’s dress and he threw her over his shoulder.  Lu Han could care less if they walked out of there in a commotion or that it was Li Wei’s birthday party.  She was rude to Mia and it was because of her birthday party that Mia was in that situation.

 

 

            “Why don’t I sleep on the couch and you sleep in your parent’s room?” suggested Lu Han.

            “Are you sure?” asked Kris.

            Lu Han nodded his head, as he thought of what might happen if Mia woke up in the middle of the night.  If she did, then he wanted to be the first person she went to.  It would be easier if they sleep together, but then Kris would start his accusation that he likes her again.  Lu Hand didn’t want to deal with it.

            “So…  Did you change Mia out of her clothes?” asked Kris.

            Lu Han nodded.  He did and he saw everything.  He didn’t care.  Mia already saw everything of his too.  It had to be him or Kris.  And, that would be over Lu Han’s dead body before Kris could see Mia .  Now, she was sleeping in Kris’s room, being completely under one of his big shirts.

            Kris cleared his throat as he looked away from Lu Han.  “We forgot to grab Mia’s underwear…” he stating the obvious. 

            “I’m quite aware of that.” said Lu Han.

            “So, uh…  How does she look ?” asked Kris, stupidly.

            Lu Han rolled his eyes, as he turned to his friend.  They were sitting on Kris’s parent’s bed.  “Does it look like I was checking out Mia?” he asked.

            Kris shrugged his shoulders.  Maybe.

            “You’re wrong!  I don’t know.  I wasn’t look at it!” he said.

            Kris rolled his eyes.  “Oh, come on!  You must at least glance at her for a few seconds.” he said. 

            “I really wasn’t!!” defended Lu Han, getting annoyed.

            Kris rolled his eyes.  “You guys must be too comfortable with each other or something.” he said, as his shoulders slumped over. 

            Lu Han just shook his head, out of disbelief.

            “Lu Han, you were really worked up earlier…” commented Kris, as he observed his friend.

            “Your point is?” asked Lu Han, completely oblivious to his previously raged actions.

            “I’ve never seen you like that before.” commented Kris, cautiously.  “For the longest time I’ve known you, I’ve never seen you so enraged like that…  Are you sure you’re not in love with Mia?

            There was a long silence.  “No.” replied Lu Han.  “I don’t love her in that form of way.  I only love her as a friend…  If that’s not enough for you, then all I can really say is that I love her as a brother.  If Mason was here, he would react the same way I did…  If he was here, there would have been nothing different except Mason would be in my position instead.

            Kris nodded at Lu Han’s explanation.  “Are you worried about Mia losing her ity to the wrong guy?” he asked.

            Lu Han glanced over at him.  What the hell are you trying to say, Kris?, he thought.

            “I never really thought of that and never really cared.  If she was to lose it to someone, it would be nice if she did so with someone who really cares about her.” replied Lu Han.

            Kris soaked in the information.  I suppose this is brotherly love…  He used to be the one that was for one-night-stands, he thought.  Maybe Lu Han’s love is so gentle and pure that it can be easily mistaken as romantic love?  But, still…

            “Why don’t you just take her ity?” suggested Kris.  “Before you start ing at me, think about itYou care about her.  And, you two are pretty comfortable with each other.  Why not just do it?  You two love each other, right?

            Before Lu Han could reply, he was interrupted.

            “Lu Han.” said Mia’s voice, startling the boys.  They turned to the doorway and she ran over to the bed.  Without warning, she hugged him.  “Lu Han.”

            “Mia, what’s wrong?” he asked, as she got on the bed.

            “I don’t want to sleep alone.” she cried into his chest.

            Lu Han quickly tried to pull down the shirt she was wearing to conceal the huge amount of skin she was showing as Mia pressed her body close to his.  He knew that he was going to hate himself for suggesting what he was going to say, but if he wanted Kris off his case then he’ll have to. 

            “Why don’t you sleep with Kris?” he suggested.

            Mia pulled away from his chest to look at Kris.  She quickly shook her head and leaned back into Lu Han’s chest.  “I want you, Lu Han.” she slurred.

            He placed his hands on Mia’s head and made her looked up at him.  “Are you OK?” he asked, worried.  “Did Tao do anything bad to you?”

            “I’m really dizzy…” replied Mia, as her eyes became heavy.  She shook her head and leaned back onto Lu Han’s chest.  Then, closed her eyes slowly.

            “Mia?” asked Lu Han, as he shook her.

            A snore was her reply and he started to laugh, as he looked down at her.  She was completely dead asleep on his chest.

            Kris let out a small laugh.  “She’s so cute.” he said, as he leaned over and gave Mia a small pinch on the cheek.  “I can see you’re so protective of her.

            “I’m only protective like a brother though.” replied Lu Han, as he looked over at Kris.  “That’s only if you get where I’m coming from.”

            Kris smiled.  I’ll try, but it seems like I won’t be Mia’s boyfriend any time soon...  She has already chosen who’s going to be by side for the time being, he thought.  And, that person is you.

 

Author’s Note:

            Wasn’t that a bit cliché?  Mia gets into trouble…  Lu Han and Kris come to the rescue…  That was predictable, but I totally wanted to put that in.  :D 

           

LOVE,

loveFORyunho