Chapter 42

99% Males 1% Females

            I stirred in my bed as I felt Misty jumped on the bed.  I knew that it had to be around noon or something, but I wanted to sleep in.  It’ll be another 3 days before school started and I wanted to get as much sleep as I could.  Once school start, I know that I’ll get less than 8 hours of sleep a day. 

            Not to mention the fact that I got sick after I got home from China.  It was a horrible flu.  I had to be hospitalized because my body temperature went up too high.  I was literally on some strong, prescription medications the last few days of my winter break.

            I quickly went back to sleep.  Well, at least I tried.  Misty kept on nudging me on my arm and that made me annoyed.  With my eyes closed, I tried to pet her so she would be satisfied and leave me alone.  I reached out into midair, trying to pet her but I couldn’t.  So, I gave up and retracted my arm.  I was about to enter the wonderful world of dreams when I felt another nudge from Misty.  Frustrated, I let out a groan and tried to pet her again.  But, instead, I felt a pair of hands.  I quickly opened my eyes.

            Shocked, I jerked away from my bed and almost fell down my bed.  I got off my bed, as I heard laughter.  Regardless of how dizzy I felt from the medication I took earlier, I walked across my room and opened my door.  The natural sunlight blinded my eyes, as I made my way down the hall.

            “M-Mom!!!” I yelled out. 

            “Yes, sweetie?” she asked, coming from the office.

            “Mom!!” I said, as I ran down the hall.

            I entered the office out of breath.  “What’s wrong?!” asked Mom, worried.  She shot up from the seat by the desk.

            “Oh my God!!  Mom!” I said, freaking out.  “I think I’m hallucinating!!

            “What?” she asked, confused.

            “I think it’s the medication that Dr. Jung gave me!!  It’s so strong that I’m starting to hallucinate that Lu Han is here!” I said.  “Oh my God!!  Mom!  I hallucinated that he was sleeping on my bed with me and-”

            All the sudden, I heard Lu Han’s laugh behind me.  “Mom!!!  I can hear him laugh!!” I said, as I looked behind me.  He was standing in the doorway, in a long sleeve and sweat pants.  I quickly walked over to Mom and started to cry.  “It’s so scary!  It’s like the hallucination is real or something!”

            Lu Han walked across the room to where I was standing and I quickly hid behind Mom.  I buried my face in her back and started to cry.  I can’t believe that the one person I have to hallucinate is Lu Han!, I thought.

            “Mom!  Stop it!” I cried, as I felt a flick on my temple.

            I didn’t want to look up, but I felt a pair of familiar big, warm hands cup my face.  Lu Han forced me to look at him.  He was grinning like a mad man.

            “Yah!  Don’t be stupid!” he said, with a laugh.  “It’s really me, Lu Han.”

             I stopped crying and my hand came up to touch his face.  He was real alright, but there was only one test that could prove if he was real or not.  I quickly slapped him across the face.  If it hurt him, then it would be real.  If it didn’t, then it wouldn’t.

            “OW!” voiced Lu Han, as he held his face.

            “Mia!” said Mom, disapprovingly.

            “Sorry.” I laughed.

            “Lu Han surprised us by dropping in an hour ago.  You took your medication so you were asleep.” explained Mom. 

            Lu Han smiled and nodded his head.  I let out a laugh, as I leaned on the desk.  I needed to lie down since I was super drowsy.  The room was even spinning a bit.  All the sudden my legs gave up on me and I almost slipped.  Lu Han came to rescue by pulling me against him.

            “Easy there, Dumpling.  You’re going to hurt yourself.” said Lu Han.

            “Mia, you shouldn’t be up and walking about.  That medication Dr. Jung gave you makes you extremely drowsy.” scolded Mom.  “Lu Han, is it OK if you help Mia back to her room?  The last thing I would want is to call the ambulance to get her to the ER because of some huge gash or something.”

            Lu Han laughed.  “Of course.” he said, as he started to lead my weak body back into the hallway.

            I got back onto my loving bed and it seemed like the world was no longer spinning.  I closed and open my eyes slowly as I heard Lu Han closed the door.  He slipped into my bed and I turned to him.

            “Why are you here?” I asked.  “Shouldn’t you be in Beijing?  School is going to start next week.”

            Lu Han smiled as his face came close to mine.  “I’m back because you were hospitalized for your flu…” he breathed onto my face.

            “Hm...” I said, as closed my eyes.  “That’s it?”

            I could feel Lu Han brushed his thumb against my cheek.  “Why is that I can never leave you by yourself?  Gosh, you really are a trouble maker.” he said.

            “It was just the flu.” I said, wanting to sleep.

            “No, it wasn’t.  Do you know how many people still die in the modern world from the flu?” stated Lu Han, with a serious tone.

            I opened my eyes to find a stressed out baby face a few inches away from mine.  “Ugh.” I groaned.  “You didn’t need to come all the way here just to double check on me, whether or not I’m still alive or dead.”

            “Don’t say things like that.” said Lu Han, hurt.

            “You could have just called.” I commented.

            “I wanted to see you…  I missed you.” stated Lu Han, as he pouted.  “Besides…  I’m really back.”

            “What do you even mean?” I asked, confused.

            “I’m going to be spending the next 3 years of college with you, here at BYU.” stated Lu Han.

            “What?” I asked, surprised.  “What happened to Beijing University?”

            “Because you’re always getting yourself into trouble, so I might as well be here and keep you grounded.” replied Lu Han.  “Besides, I didn’t even transfer completely…  I was conflicted on whether or not I should come back.  After you got sick, I finally made my choice to come back.”

            I groaned.  “I don’t care.” I said, as I closed my eyes.  “I want to sleep.  You’re talking too much, Lu Han…”

            “Tsk.  Fine.” he replied, as he shut up.

            I turned away from him.  I could feel Lu Han pull me towards him, as he spooned me.  I didn’t mind.  It felt good to have him keep me warm.

 

***************

 

            Lu Han was happy to start his sophomore year with familiar faces.  Kikwang was in all of his business classes to which he didn’t mind at all.  And, he and Mia were taking their advance writing class together.  Lu Han quickly walked passed by two freshmen and overheard their conversation.

            “Did you saw that one girl?” asked a freshman to his friend.

            “I know!” replied the other.  “She’s so hot, but she’s a junior!  I can’t get her!  All the other upperclassmen are hanging around her!”

            “Maybe you should try…” said the freshman, trailing off.

            There were many new freshmen on campus.  They seemed to be excited about college, but have no clue to how to work the system.  Lu Han shrugged it off.  He didn’t care.  There’s always a 95% of incoming male freshmen and 5% of incoming female freshmen.  And, the incoming freshmen class was pretty small too.

            Even if Lu Han did care about chasing after new faces, he wouldn’t enjoy it completely.  He knew that they would only be a distraction from getting good grades and being the top of his class.

            He walked passed a group of unfamiliar girls.  He flashed them a small smile and they stopped in their tracks.  They were swooning over him as he looked over his shoulder at them. He turned back to the direction he was heading and just smiled.

            Girls, he thought.  Why are they always so easy?

            Lu Han was making his way to the cafeteria when he stopped in his tracks.  Across the street, there was an alluring, new face that was walking furiously towards the cafeteria as well. She was beautiful with her silky, long black hair and big, warm eyes.  Her cheeks were chubby, but they only added innocence to her lovely face.  Although her face appears to ooze pure innocence, her developed body betrayed her face.  She had long, thin legs that seemed to go on for miles and a lean, y body.

            Lu Han felt his saliva drooling from his slightly opened mouth.

            “Lu Han!” yelled out Mia.  She was behind him.

            He quickly pulled up his hand to wipe the drool as he turned to face her.  “What?” he asked, dumbfounded.

            Mia smiled as she approached him.  “I just wanted you to wait for me.  That’s all.” she replied, as they continued to walk towards the cafeteria.

            The doors to the cafeteria didn’t open until 11:30 and they were early.  But, there was already a long line of students eagerly waiting for their lunch.  To Lu Han’s disappointment, he didn’t see the girl that he had seen earlier waiting in line.  He wanted to at least introduce himself and get her name…  Along with a date.

            “Lu Han?” asked Mia.

            “Huh?” replied Lu Han, pulling him back to reality.

            “Are you OK?” asked Mia.  “Are you tired?”

            Lu Han rolled his eyes, as the door finally opened.  The line started to move.  “Gosh, can’t I have some peach of thought?” he asked.

            Angry, Mia elbowed him in the ribs. 

            “Ow!!  Mia, what was that-” Lu Han started, as he got distracted.

            The girl he had seen earlier was working as the cashier for the lunch ladies.  Lu Han quickly glanced at the other guys in line.  They were drooling over her as well.  And, their eyes were filled with lust.

            “Seohyun!” said Mia, excitedly as they approached her.

            “Oh, Sunbae!” she said, with a smile as she gave a polite bow.

            Oh my God…  Is she one of Heaven’s missing angels?, thought Lu Han, as his heart melted.

            “This is my friend from China, Lu Han.” introduced Mia, as she patted his arm.  “And, Lu Han, this is my dongsaeng, Seohyun.  She’s also a music major.”

            Unable to say anything, Lu Han just nodded his head and smiled.  Seohyun nodded her head in response and gave him a little bow.  He was glad that the line was moving fast so there was no room for an awkward silence.

 

 

            Lu Han tried as hard as he could to run into Seohyun for the next 3 weeks.  Unfortunately, he was a business major and she was a music major, so their paths hardly crossed each other.  He became desperate and would hang out near the music building whenever he had the chance. 

            One day, Lu Han stepped into the music building in hopes to find Seohyun.  His footsteps echoed throughout the hallway as he walked about the building.  It was quiet on the first floor since all the practice rooms were up on the third floor.  He frowned, feeling like he wasted his whole 30 minutes not doing anything.

            He heard someone dropping something loudly and turned the corner.  It was Seohyun.  She had dropped a folder full of paper and was picking it up.  Lu Han took his chance and quickly went to help her.

            “Thank you.” said Seohyun, as she looked up.

            “You’re welcome.” he replied, handing her the other half of her papers.  They stood up and looked at each other.

            “If you’re looking for Mia Sunbae, she’s in Practice Room 5.” said Seohyun, as she nodded.  She quickly turned towards the exit to leave.

            Lu Han quickly reached out and grabbed her wrist.  “I’m not looking for Mia.” he replied, as Seohyun turned around.

            He dropped her wrist when their eyes met.  “I,” he started, as he looked into her eyes.  “Have been waiting for you.”

            “W-What?” replied Seohyun, shocked.  “But…  Mia and you-”

            “Will you go on a date with me?” quickly asked Lu Han.  He didn't want to hear what she was about to say becuase he knew what it was going to be.  No, Mi and him are not together.

            Seohyun opened parted her soft lips.  From her facial expression, he could tell that she was about to reject him.

            “We’re not together.” said Mia’s voice.  She was standing behind them.  She approached the pair with a smile.  “Seohyun-ah, it’s OK.  Lu Han and I aren’t together like the freshmen are thinking.  We’re just friends.”

            She looked at Lu Han then to Mia.  “O-Oh.” she said, still dazed.  “I’m sorry.  I have class in a few minutes so I should be going.”

            “Sure.” nodded Mia.  And, with that, Seohyun bid an awkward goodbye and left.

            Mia turned to Lu Han.  “If you liked her, you should have told me.  I could have set you two up.” she said.

            He let out a breath.  “I’m experienced, Mia.  I can do it myself.” he said, being egotistic.

            Mia rolled her eyes.  “Fine.” she said.  “Good luck with getting that date with her then.  Because it seemed like she’s confused.”

            “That’s only because those stupid freshmen thinks that we’re together.” groaned Lu Han, frustrated.  “Why does this always happen?!”

            Mia shrugged her shoulders.  “It is what it is.” she said.

            Lu Han wanted to bang his head against the wall.  I can’t believe that I’m going to have to deal with this misunderstanding for the rest of college career here, he thought.  Why does my BEST FRIEND have to be MIA??!!!

 

 

            12:15 AM

            To: Lu Han

            From: Seohyun

            Msg: Hello, Lu Han.  This is Seohyun.  I have asked Mia Sunbae to give me your number a while ago….  Sorry about surprising you in the middle of the night.

            Regarding your question earlier, I’m sorry that I didn’t give you an answer.  I would like to go on a date with you.  How does Friday night sound?  Hope to talk to you soon.

 

Author’s Note:

            Please don’t hate me…  But, it’s completely reasonable if you guys do.

            I had to put Seohyun and Lu Han together in this fic.  I couldn’t help myself because they actually look good together. 

           

            (This gif makes me want to cry...  TT_TT  And, makes me wish I was her!)

            For you hard core Mia/Lu Han shippers, listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDTouU0iABA

            Regardless, I hope you guys still continue to support me?  :D

      Also, I won’t be updating for the entire upcoming week.  I will be busy with some a leadership retreat.  So, I hope to see you guys in a week from now!  ^^

LOVE,

loveFORyunho