Chapter 11

99% Males 1% Females

***************************

           

            Lu Han let out a sigh as he walked out of his bedroom.  Kikwang and he had been studying for their finance class for at least 2 hours now.  Aunt Chung had brought in some snacks and drinks for them earlier.  They were so busy with reviewing that they didn’t even take a break until now.

            Lu Han brought the tray with the empty snack bowls and cups to the kitchen.  He quickly placed it on the counter by the sink and planned to wash it later.  Lu Han decided to walk to the living room, to check if he had left his math text book there.  He stopped dead in his tracks.  His jaw dropped at what he saw and then stood there uncomfortably.  Lu Han stared at the scene in front of him.

            Mia was fast asleep on the sofa.  Lu Han remembered hearing her practice on her piano earlier so she must have been tired and fell asleep on the couch.  She was wearing a pair of hot pink short shorts and a lime green spaghetti strap, revealing some cleavage.  Lu Han looked away with a blushing face, as he started to walk away.  He suddenly got mad at himself for blushing. 

            It’s not like I’ve never seen a woman before!  Why am I blushing?, thought Lu Han.

            He could hear someone walking down from the staircase and then Kikwang’s voice.  He was singing to something.  Lu Han swallowed hard, thinking of what to do.

             Kikwang was excited when I suggested that we meet at here…  The last thing I would actually want is to see the guy have a over something stupid like this!!, thought Lu Han. 

            He rolled his eyes as he quickly pulled off his stripe blue and white cashmere long sleeve shirt.  Thankfully he was wearing a tank top under the shirt.  Lu Han threw the shirt on Mia’s chest, covering her cleavage. 

            “Hey, Lu Han.” said Kikwang, as he reached the first floor of the house.  He walked towards him.

            “Hm?” asked Lu Han, as he turned to walk away from the sofa.

            But, it was too late.  Kikwang was already by Lu Han’s side.  Lu Han eyed the expression on Kikwang’s face as he realized what he saw.  Kikwang took in a sharp breath and a fanboy smile spread across his face.

            “Oh my God!” whispered Kikwang, as he turned to look at Lu Han.  “Mia is in a spaghetti strap and short shorts!”  He fist pumped into the air, as if he had won a prize.

            Then, Kikwang stood there, starting at Mia sleeping.  She moved around for a bit and mumbled something.  Kikwang laughed softly and reached down and helped place a stray hair away from her face.

            Lu Han just watched in silence.  He could tell that Kikwang really likes Mia, but this is a completely one sided love.  He felt a wave of sadness for the guy.  Hopefully he’ll find someone that will love him back…  Mia is a stubborn girl who doesn’t know what she’s missing out on, thought Lu Han. 

            Kikwang smiled warmly as he turned to Lu Han.  “It’s probably time for me to go.” he said.

            “Ah…  Only if you don’t want to study anymore.” shrugged Lu Han.

            “It’s OK.  It’s only Intro to Finance class…  Besides, the concepts are still pretty basic for now.  So I think I’ll be OK.” reassured Kikwang.

            Lu Han nodded and smiled.  “I’m glad to hear that.” he said.

 

 

            Lu Han was watching a classic Chinese movie that he found in the Chung’s movie collection.  A Chinese Ghost Story.  He remembered watching that when he was younger.  Mia started to stir around when he glanced over at her.

            She sat up on the sofa, looking tired.  She made a face as she grabbed the shirt Lu Han had put on her earlier.  She felt the quality of the shirt and looked up at him.

            “Why is your shirt on me?” she asked, confused

            Lu Han snorted.  “It’s because your s were literally hanging out.” he retorted.

            Mia sent him a glare.  “It’s not my fault that Kikwang was over.” she said.  “Besides, I was tired.”

            “Are you telling me that you wouldn’t had cared if Kikwang had a watching you ?” asked Lu Han.

            Mia stared at him.  “Believe me, Lollipop.  I have an older brother and there has been many times before that I have walked in on him watching .  Awkward, but true.” she stated.  “I don’t care about seeing people’s boners as long as they don’t try to me.”

            Lu Han just stared at her and looked back at his movie, pissed off.  Why did I even wasted my time?

            “Why are you guys always doing something interesting when I’m around?” asked Aunt Lai, as she came into the living room with a bowl of ice cream.

            Mia and Lu Han gave her a confused look.  She shrugs.  “It’s always something fishy.” she said, as she pointed to Mia and then Lu Han.  “See!  I see a lot of pale, soft skin!  Mia with her spaghetti strap and Lu Han with his tank top!”

            Mia and Lu Han glanced at each other, making eye contact.  Out of frustration, Mia threw Lu Han’s shirt at him.  She stood up and stomped upstairs.

            “Hey!  You better get ready!  My date is at 6!” yelled Lu Han, after Mia.

            He turned to look Aunt Lai.  She was smiling at him.  “You’re not a , are you?” she asked.

            That took him by surprise.  Lu Han was speechless.  Aunt Lai just shrugs.  “Baby faces like you are babe magnets, darling.  I would know that first hand.” she said, sending a wink to him. 

            “How do you know?” asked Lu Han, still confused.

            Aunt Lai shrugged her shoulders again.  “I’m not sure…  But, there’s something about you that I can tell that you’re already gotten laid.” she commented.

            Lu Han just stares at Aunt Lai.  Sure, he’s not like a honry college student, but how could anyone come to those conclusions?  Lu Han quickly brushed off the random conversation.  So what if he’s not a ?  Who cares if he’s slept with multiple women before?  Lu Han is a man who has certain needs that have already been fulfilled.

 

***************************

 

            Sooyoung smiled as Lu Han pulled out the chair for her.  The bus boy had given us a circle table with 3 chairs.  I just quickly sat myself down in one of the chairs and Lu Han cleared his throat.  Whatever that meant, I wouldn’t know.

            The waiter brought us some water and menus.  I was excited because I know that I was going to get the most expensive thing that I could find.  My smile grew big as I made my mind. 

            “May I take your order?” asked the waiter, politely.  He brought a bread basket with him and placed it down on the table.

            Lu Han smiled and ordered his pasta.  Sooyoung got a garden salad.

            “I would like to get the Bull’s Eye Steak.” I replied, with a bright smile.

            Lu Han turned to glare at me.  I continued to smile at him and patted his thigh under the table. 

            The waiter smiled.  “Your order will be coming up soon.” he said, with a little bow.

            “Thank you.” we all said together.

            “Oh, Mia!” said Sooyoung, getting excited.  “Can you ask Lu Han how he keeps his skin looking so good?  He looks like a porcelain doll!  Omo!”

            I stared at her, dumbfounded.  Is she serious?, I thought.  I couldn’t believe that she would actually make me ask him something like that.  Just freaking speak formal Korean, darn girl!!

            I turned to Lu Han and asked him, “What do you put on your face?  She says that you look like a doll!

            Lu Han flashed me an offended look.  OK, my translation was rough, but at least I got the main point through.  “What?  It’s true.” I defended, as I started to smile.  I just wanted to laugh my off.

            I could tell that Lu Han had an urge to roll his eyes, but controlled himself in front of Sooyoung.  “I just use moisturizer and sunscreen.” he replied.

            “No BB cream?” I asked, curious.

            Lu Han shook his head.  My jaw dropped and automatically stuck my hand out to touch his face without thinking.  I was able to touch his face before he batted my hand away.  It was so soft like a baby’s .  Damn.  I don’t even have skin as nice as him and I actually take care of my skin.  I turned to Sooyoung with an amazed face.

            “Oh my freaking God!  He only uses moisturizer and sunscreen and not a single drop of BB cream!” I replied, with wide eyes.

            “No way…” said Sooyoung, shocked.  She took a long stare at him and smiled.  “Omo!  He’s so perfect!”

            I took a glance at Lu Han and snorted.  He’s just human, nothing special.

            “Don’t you think he looks like a girl?”I asked, formally so Lu Han could understand.  I heard him scoff as Sooyoung smiled like a maniac.

            “I don’t mind.” she replied.

            “It’s OK, Lu Han!  Girls still like you regardless of your ultra feminine baby face!” I nodded, as I patted his shoulder.

            Lu Han smiled like an angel, but was pinching my thigh under the table.  I turned to him with a smile, trying to hide the pain as I pulled his hand off my thigh.

            “So, Mia…” started Sooyoung, grabbing my attention.  She was distracted from our secret quarreling by the bread basket.  She grabbed a piece and started nibbling on it.  “What are you going to be singing at Soul Candy?”

            “I don’t know.” I shrugged, getting a bit mad thinking about it.

            A guy friend, Daehyun, and I made a bet the other day. Eunsung is currently dating a guy named Hyunsung.  He really likes her and planned on giving her a surprise kiss at the cafeteria, to claim her.  I said that she would be able to dodge his stupid tactics, but Daehyun said that there will be kissing.  Unfortunately, I was wrong.  My friend, Eunsung, got kissed because he caught her off guard.

            Since I lost the bet, Daehyun wants me to sing at an open mic event our school hosts every week called Soul Candy.  There’s a live band, so there’s usually singing or poetry or just simple story telling or even jokes.  A Communication major senior named Jongin likes to practice his comedian gags with us all the time.

            “Are you going to go watch Mia?” asked Sooyoung.

            Lu Han turned to me for the translation.  He scoffed and then replied, “No.”

            Sooyoung smiled.  “Oh, come on.” she said.  “At least go support everyone performing!”  Lu Han just shrugs, not really caring.

            By the end of the date, it seemed like Sooyoung got the point that Lu Han wasn’t really into her.  He tried to be as polite as he possibly could, but some of the time you could tell he just wasn’t interested in what Sooyoung was saying to him at all.  There just weren’t any sparks flying between them.

            Lu Han and I walked Sooyoung up to the dorms.  When I saw her standing there by the door, waiting for something, I quickly looked way.  At the corner of my eyes, I saw Lu Han motioned to hug her.  I turned the other way with my back turned against them, giving them privacy.

            “I’m sorry.” Lu Han said, with a slight Mandarin accent.  His Korean is getting better with time.

            From the rustling of their clothes, I knew that they parted away from the hug. 

            “It’s OK.” said Sooyoung, finally using formal Korean.  “You’re a good guy.  That’s why you didn’t cancel the date even when you didn’t want to go.  You’re a gentleman like that.”  There was a silence.  “I’m grateful that you still gave me a chance to go on that date with you though.”

            “I just barely came out of a rough relationship, so I’m not ready to date.” he said.  “Regardless, you should be with someone that will really treasure you.”

            I heard Sooyoung sniff.  Uh-oh…  She can’t be crying!, I said, as I quickly turned around.

            “Sorry,” she said.  “I’m having a runny nose because it’s getting cold.”

            Lu Han smiled.  “You should go in.”

            Sooyoung smiled in return.  “Thank you for what you said a moment ago.” she said.  “No guy has ever said that to me before.”

            “When you find that special guy, he will be saying it all the time.” said Lu Han.

            Sooyoung gave him one last hug before she stepped inside.  She gave me a wave as well.

            As we walked towards the car, I turned to Lu Han.  “How many girlfriends did you have?” I asked.

            Lu Han just glanced down at me and gave me the cold shoulder.  He quickly walked in front of me.   I rolled my eyes as I followed behind him, but I couldn’t walk quickly because I was wearing heels.  And, I suddenly had an itch on my upper thigh and I tried to scratch it through my dress, but it wasn’t good enough.

            “I’m assuming that you must have a lot of girlfriends because you’re a pretty smooth talker.  Did your last girlfriend dump you or something?  Caught you with another girl?

            Lu Han quickly turned around to face me and I almost bumped into him.  He looked like he was really mad.  “Don’t you ever say that.” he hissed.

            I stared at him, as I frantically scratched the itch on my thigh.  My leg was exposed because my dress was in the way.  Lu Han just gave me a weird expression, as he moved my hand away.  We both took a look at my leg as I held up my dress and there was a huge bug bite on there.  Lu Han stuck out his hand to touch the huge lump.

            “Looks like a mosquito bite.” he commented.

            I opened my mouth to say something when I heard, “Mia?  Lu Han?”

            Lu Han quickly dropped his hand and we turned to face the person with the familiar voice behind us.  “Dad.” I said, meekly.

            He was wearing a confused face along with Mom.  Aunt Lai just smiled and gave us the thumbs up.  I forgot that they like to have their nightly walks around the neighborhood…  And, the school is a part of the neighborhood after all. 

            “Uncle and Aunt Chung, it’s not what you think it is.” said Lu Han, weakly.

            I couldn’t tell what my parents were thinking, but it doesn’t seem like it was good.  Well, at least my weren’t showing.  That would’ve been worse.

 

Author’s Note:

            Seriously…  I always make Lu Han get them into some kind of trouble…  Sorry for making him the trouble maker.  If only he control himself from touching that bug bite…

And, Mia...  She seems to have a pretty positive outlook with that last scene...  As long as the didn't flash, it's OK.

 

LOVE,

loveFORyunho