Fate Must Be Playing With Me

Love Of A Bully..

 

Chapter 39: Fate Must Be Playing With Me

 

"Oh yes," your dad lit up as he looked at you, saying, "I have a summer carnival for fund-raising which would be held at the garden on this Saturday. Would you like to come? I mean, it would be good for you to meet my daughters and make friends with them on that day instead. What do you think?"

You? Meeting your step sisters? You never had thought of having that day whereby you might have to end up being like Cinderella or something, getting abused by your step sisters or whatever.

However, since it was your Dad's request, you couldn't help but just agree to what he wants. "Great," he smiled.

He added, "Oh yeah, and you can bring that boyfriend of yours too. My girl would be bringing her new boyfriend to the carnival. Good to let guys mix around as well. What do you think of this?"

You smiled, "Alright, I will try and tell Daehyun about it."

At that very moment, Daehyun knocked and walked in. He said, "Sorry but I think you have something on right now. The nurses are finding you." Your dad smiled and looked at Daehyun, thanking him for informing and left the room shortly. Before he left, he looked at Daehyun and you, reminding, "Remember to ask him to come this Saturday."

Daehyun blinked, "What thing did he ask you to ask me?"

"Nothing much," You chuckled, "He just asked you to come to this carnival which would be held at the garden downstairs. He said it was for some fundraising and he wants to show me his daughters, or rather, my step sisters. And he asked me to invite you as well. Oppa, so what do you think of the idea?"

He shrugged, "I'm fine with anything. If my Yoonmi wants me to go, then I'm going."

You chuckled, "Yah, I'm asking you right now. Why are you asking me instead?" He pulled you in and gave you a soft hug, "Because you're my Yoonmi. You're the only one that is able to control my schedule."

You scoffed, "Excuse me, there are your parents for you to control your schedule. You don't need me to do all these, you cheesy little thing."

You sighed a little as you laid on Daehyun's chest. To be honest, you didn't even know what you were feeling at that very moment.

Confusion? You weren't really sure of this.

You didn't even know what you exactly were feeling right at that spot. Somehow, Woohyun started to creep inside your heart again, while you allowed your mind to swim off. You felt a pang of guilt flush through you as you held onto Daehyun. It felt like as if you were betraying Woohyun, when the both of you were less than friends during that very moment.

 

- Your POV (Yoonmi's POV) -

 

Daehyun pulled away from me, and looked at the thing which was connected to my hand. Alright, I don't know what that thing was called. He smiled softly and looked at me, "Your drip is done, and I think you're more than fine to leave, right? Miss Yoonmi."

He took my hand and then left the ward, with my bag. Okay, I didn't even know how my bag landed there when it was supposed to be in school after all the nonsensical bashing from Hyomin.

"What," I blinked at the nurses, "Wait, what do you mean by 'you don't have to pay anything because you are Dr. Shin's daughter'?"

They smiled at me and explained, "Well, Dr. Shin actually said that he would pay the bills for you and that you were his daughter, and it was necessary for a dad to do so."

Dad's a nice guy, you see. Everyone can see it. He's a nice and warm guy, but he just had to become a jerk because of some girl that liked him and stuck her face to his. I hope Mum would actually know about the story soon, though I was thinking that she would ground me for seeing my Dad, or something more serious.

With that, we left the hospital and Daehyun brought me home, like the gentleman that he was.

At home, I laid on my bed as I turned around. I looked at my phone which was held 90 degrees above me. *Should I text Woohyun to thank him for helping me* I sighed at the thought of Woohyun. Why was he doing that to me? Why did he change his statement about me overnight? It's just impossible for someone to change completely overnight.

I quickly typed in a message, "Hey Woohyun. Look, I'm not trying to annoy you here. But ... I'm here to thank you for helping me just now."

Before I could regret anything, I realized I already pressed the "SEND" button in my sub-conscious mind. "Oh my god," I face-palmed myself as I shouted, "Why did I!!"

It wasn't that I was expecting a reply from that guy who changed his view about me over night. It was more like I sounded rude in that message, alright. Okay, fine, I was expecting a reply but I didn't dare to press that send button.

After a few minutes, there was still no reply from him. I sighed. I gave out a very, very long sigh. "Why do I feel so empty," I asked myself, "even when I already have Daehyun."

Did someone that I knew for more than a couple of months that influential to make me feel empty? Or was it merely because of my heart? I definitely did not have any idea on that. Daehyun 'should be' more influential to me, since he's my boyfriend for a year already.

After another hour, my phone suddenly buzzed and I jumped up, to look at my phone, realizing that Woohyun had just replied me.

I opened up my phone and looked at his reply. My heart tightened a little when I saw him reply to me. “You’re welcome. But I just happened to walk past that area and just happened to see that. Don’t think too much about me helping you. It’s just something a guy that should do,” it read.

So he coincidentally walked past that area where I got into trouble? I sighed as I clutched my phone tightly to my chest. Half of my heart did not believe Woohyun; the other half told me the opposite.

That night was a Thursday night and it meant that it was less than two days before I had to meet my dad’s two other daughters. In other words, I was going to meet my step sisters whom I had no idea of until a couple of hours ago.

---

In a blink of an eye, two days had passed and it was finally the day where I had to meet your stepsisters. Daehyun had arrived in my house earlier and he was right outside at the living room at that moment, while I dress myself up properly to the very first meeting with my step sisters.

I flipped my whole cupboard upside down and found a pink blouse and a pair of skinny jeans. I slipped on my clothes and grabbed my boots, but they were flat ones since I couldn’t wear heels for the time being, due to some bruises on my feet which were still there.

I grabbed my bag and opened the door, ready to head out to the living room and find Daehyun. He was using his phone, probably playing some smart phone games, due to a little cringe on his forehead.

“Oppa,” I called, making him snap out of his concentration.

Daehyun looked over and smiled at the sight of me, asking, “Done? Are we ready to set off?”

I nodded at his question. He walked over to me and grabbed my hand, while flashing me a soft smile. Daehyun’s smile was sweet, you see. It was almost as sweet as a chocolate fudge cake. See how sweet his smile was.

The both of us then left my house and walked to the nearest bus stop as we figured out that taking the bus definitely took a shorter time to reach the hospital. I sighed with worry, as I was starting to feel a little queasy. I mean, it was the very first time I was going to meet my new step sisters and I didn’t even know if they were nice people to begin with.

“What’s wrong,” Daehyun asked.

I turned my head to look at him and smiled, “No, it’s nothing. I’m just worried about meeting my step sisters.”

He softened, “Well, you have nothing to be afraid of, since I’m here. Do you get it? Stop worrying, okay?”Somehow, his words managed to convince and calmed me down a little.

After a while, the bus, that we were supposed to take, arrived and we boarded the bus. Apparently, the bus was packed and there weren’t any seats for the both of us to sit on. At the situation, Daehyun also became a little more alert and he started to stand really close to me.

“Oppa,” I looked him while blinking, “Why are you standing so close to me?”

He sighed, “I’m worried that some idiots might use the chance to attack you.” I chuckled, looking at his serious face, “Oppa, people get scared away after looking right into your eyes. They won’t dare to come near me.”

He smirked a little, “Of course, I’m Daehyun, you know.”

Despite having me to tell him to move a little bit further away from me, Daehyun still stood right at his spot, covering me from the people who were boarding the bus with his body. I found him a little cute, trying to protect me like that but at the same time, it was a little embarrassing as some people thought that we were making out or something like that.

After a good 10 stops or so, we alighted at the bus stop which was located right in front of the hospital. I took out my phone and called my dad. “Oh,” my dad said when picked up the call, “Yoonmi-ah, you reached already?”

I smiled and replied back, trying to be enthusiastic, “Yeah, appa. I’m here already. Where are you?” He thought for a while and then said, “Well, I’m at the booth which is located very near the drinks’ store. This booth that I am at sells spicy rice cake.”

“Alright,” I said, “I’ll be there with Daehyun in a flash. See you, dad.”

With that, I ended the call and we made our way into the carnival. Since it was very packed, Daehyun held my hands really tightly, in case we got separated. “Hm, oppa,” I started, “Tell me if you see any ddeokbokki store which is located near a drinks store.”

After two minutes, Daehyun found the store as he pulled me in another direction that I was walking. “Found it,” he said, while beaming a little. And he was right, my dad was there and behind him, was two girls with their backs facing me and one very, very familiar guy who was looking at me, equally surprised.

I stopped in my tracks as I saw that very familiar guy, *Is fate playing around with me?*

----------------

Author's Note

Who do you think that guy would be? It's quite easy hahahahaha! Subscribe and comment <3