CHAPTER 1

Love Of A Bully..

The doorbell rang, as I was getting dressed in my uniform. I smiled as I looked at myself in the mirror, well knowing who was waiting at the door for me. I grabbed my bag and opened the door, “Good morning, Daehyun oppa!”

 

Daehyun smiled as he patted my head, “Good morning, silly. Ready for school?”

 

It was our first day as high school freshmen, and of course, I was super nervous about it. I was a big nerd. Totally not fashionable, or cool. I was pretty sure people would ostracize me for this. I mean, teenagers. We are all judgmental, right? On the other hand, Daehyun was pretty nonchalant and chill about this freshman thing. As I was immersed in my own anxiety, I felt a little squeeze at my hand and I looked up at Daehyun, who gave me a smile. That, on its own, was enough to assure me that I would be alright.

 

“We’re here,” Daehyun announced. While we were both walking into school, I could totally feel stares. There were muttering here and there, but most of them were about how a nerd was with a hottie junior.

 

The two of us walked to the notice board, as there were name lists stating the class we were in. “Let’s see,” I muttered, “Jung Daehyun… 1-2. And where is mine... Oh, I’m in 1-3.” I looked over at Daehyun in disappointment as I told him we were in different classes. He placed his hands on my shoulders, bending down so that his eyes met mine, “It’s alright. We will still be able to catch one another during the breaks and intervals every now and then. You will do okay. Kim Yoonmi, trust me.”

 

“Now,” He regained his posture and bobbed his head into the direction of the classrooms, saying, “We should really get to class.”

 

Daehyun sent me to my classroom and went off to his. Sometimes – actually, all the time – I am really thankful to have such a boyfriend. When I walked into the classroom, I instinctively chose the seat in the corner directly in front. There were snickering, and murmuring about how I looked, but I tried not to bother.

 

My train of thoughts were soon cut off by my new homeroom teacher for the year. She cleared to get the attention of all the students. “Well, welcome to being a freshman over at this high school,” She said as she gave a little friendly smile, “I’m Miss Cho, your homeroom teacher for the year and I hope you will come to enjoy your years here.”

 

Miss Cho continued as she flashed some slides on the screen, “Our school tradition would be to have a school introduction tour. There will be 3 seniors that would be joining us later. For now, it would be some simple introduction. I’m sure you guys wouldn’t enjoy listening to me blabber, but I promise it would be more interesting when your seniors come into the picture.”

 

During lunch time, Daehyun and I were sitting together. I gave a little pout and told him how boring it was. He chuckled, “I second to that. But at least your teacher had a little of humour. Mine was an old man and he was speaking like he was chanting some spells. It was really horrible.”

 

He smiled, “Do you want to go to the school garden? I know how much you love serene places like that.” I nodded with enthusiasm, but asked Daehyun to go mingle with his classmates, while I headed over alone. I mean, I can be an anti-social or friendless person, but I don’t want Daehyun to be the same as me. He still needed connections and friends in class, as much as he didn’t bother.

 

With that, I left the canteen and wandered around. I scratched the back of my head, and laughed, “Ah… Where is the garden?”

 

Without taking caution of who was in front of me, I knocked into someone. I looked up and saw the school’s kingka (Well, I overheard it from some of the girls in my class who went gaga over him). I gasped a little but quickly stood up and bowed repeatedly, “I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to accidentally bang into you.”

 

“Yah, stop apologizing like you’re singing Sorry Sorry to me.” He pointed at his stained uniform, and grumbled, “So what you’re doing with this?”

 

Being slightly intimidated by his tone, I whimpered, “If you would like, you can pass it to me tomorrow and I will wash it for you.”

 

He shook his head and gave me a little smirk, “It’s okay. I’m not that small-minded. Just watch it next time.” He inched closer and whispered to my ear, “Because I don’t know what I might demand the next time.” He walked away immediately afterwards, leaving me wide-eyed. What did he think he was doing? Why was he that close to me?

 

The school bell rang as I regained my composure. I saddened as I walked back to class. There goes me going to the school garden to relax.

 

When everyone was settled down in class, the teacher walked in followed by the 3 seniors that were supposed to bring us around the school for a tour. I widened my eyes as I saw the kingka from earlier. She announced, “Meet your senior school guides! They are Shim Sora, Kim Jihyun and Nam Woohyun.”

 

Woohyun’s eyes were literally scanning through the class and when he saw me, I swear I saw a smirk come across his face. I looked away and felt sunken immediately. Why must it be him, out of all the seniors in school?

 

At that moment, I knew I was in for deep trouble with Woohyun as my school guide.