Her Parents

What's Your Real Story?

 

Sunggyu and the others approached the two of them.

 

"Hye Mi, this is Seunghyun hyung, better known by his gangster name, TOP. Seunghyun hyung, meet Kwon Hye Mi, the daughter of Jiyong hyung and Dara noona." Sunggyu introduced.

 

"Hi." Hye Mi said.

 

"Hi." TOP replied.

 

"I think I remember you. You were at one of my birthday parties. But your hair was blonde back then." Hye Mi said, pointing at his hair.

 

"What happened at that birthday party?" TOP asked.

 

"Umm.. I can't remember exactly. I didn't have names for all of you. But a redhead aunty was holding me because Heechul came and paid a visit." Hye Mi said.

 

The others all watched Hye Mi and TOP talk to each other in that alley.

 

"Oh, that was your third birthday. The redhead was Aunty Bom." TOP said.

 

"Aunty Bom.. Hmm.. I remember her. She was nice, though she kept trying to feed me corn..." Hye Mi said softly.

 

TOP chuckled, "Yeah. She's a bit crazy about corn. But other than that, she's a good person."

 

"What about my parents? I want to know what they did. Before me." Hye Mi asked eagerly.

 

"Are you sure? It's nothing bad, really. But it's not exactly all nice and fluffy." TOP said.

 

Hye Mi closed her eyes and took in a deep breath, "Yes, I want to know."

 

"Well, sometimes in South Seoul there would be invasions of other groups, sometimes, rookies like SHINee and MBLAQ, or older gangs coming back Shinhwa, Turbo etc. And they would mess up our territory so your parents and I, as well, would go and fight them to chase them out.

 

Because we didn't believe in fighting for the sake of fighting. Only fighting to defend our territory. So that's what happened.

 

Your mom would join in too, when Girl's Generation or Miss A would come back, her gang, 2NE1, would have to fight alongside us to defend ourselves." TOP explained.

 

"So, why did they leave?" Hye Mi asked.

 

"They didn't want this life for you. They didn't want you to have to deal with gangs at all, honestly. They wanted you to be pure and happy. But that didn't happen obviously." TOP gestured at the rest of Infinite.

 

"But also, it was probably inevitable. Every time you learned something new from the cops, you picked it up with ease, didn't you?" TOP asked.

 

"Yes, I would get it on the first try." Hye Mi answered.

 

"That's your father's blood running through your veins, everything came so easily to him. And when you need to use looks to get what you want, or to trick people of your real skills, it works immediately, doesn't it? And the ability to think on your feet?" TOP asked once more.

 

"Yes. Again. Same thing." Hye Mi replied.

 

"That's your mom's talent. She always knew how to manipulate a situation into her favor." TOP said.

 

"What else, is there about my parents that I have?" Hye Mi asked, eager to know what else she could have that connected her to them.

 

"Well, you have your mother's eyes. But you have your dad's smile." TOP pointed at her features gently. "You probably have your mother's brain. But your dad's skill. Her long hair but it's in your dad's color of black brown. Oh, and there's this." TOP took something out of his pocket.

 

It was a locket. He handed it to Hye Mi and she looked at it curiously.

 

"Open it." He said.

 

Hye Mi obeyed and saw a picture of both of her parents together, happy.

 

"It's so you always remember them. I was supposed to give it to you that day, you were supposed to come over my house, that's why you were getting ready to leave. Since I am your godfather, I ask that you let me watch over you now." TOP asked.

 

Tears welled up in Hye Mi's eyes as she nodded, throwing her arms around the uncle she longed to play with again.

 

"Thank you, Hye Mi-ah." TOP said, holding her close.

 

"So can I stay with you, then Seunghyun oppa?" Hye Mi asked.

 

"Sure, sweetie. Of course. There will be some rules though." TOP said, looking directly at Hoya.

 

"No worries, oppa. I understand." Hye Mi said, pulling away. "Thank you for everything."

 

"You're my goddaughter and niece, sweetie. There's no need for thank yous." TOP smiled at her and Hye Mi went over to Hoya.

 

"Shall we talk?" She asked him.

 

He took her hand, "Lead the way."

 

Author's Note:

FINALLY MEETING SEUNGHYUN<3 hehe :3

Okay, FINAL CHAPTER COMING UP!! <3

I have to decide what I want for our couple :D

As their ending at least.

COMMENTS ARE LOVED<3