04

The New Kid

 

My heart raced and my hands began to get sweaty as I looked over the edge of the building.  I was so high up. How did I get up here? What am I doing? I continued to look down andbit was nothing there just pitch dark. "Hello!" I yelled.

 

No answer.

 

I took a step back and turned around to see Jonghyun. "J-Jonghyun?" I stuttered.

 

He just stood there not saying a word. I repeated his name again, but he still didn't say anything. I slowly walked closer to him, to try and see what's wrong. I brought my hand up to the side of his face. He felt cold. Why was he like this? I felt his hands and they were cold too, and his arm. I waved my hand in front of his face trying to get his attention butcher didn't budge.

 

"Jonghyun!" I said this time. I was beginning to panick, and I felt uneasy.

 

No reply. I seen that everything g was starting to get dark. Now it was coming closer. I quickly grabbed his arm to pull him away.


But he wouldn't budge. "Please!" I begged.

 

The darkness was getting closer and he still wouldn't move. I was so scared that I ran. Leaving him standing there. "I'm so sorry"

 

It felt like I ran over a ledge. I looked down and I was falling into the darkness. I screamed and tried my best to catch on to something but it was too late.

I woke up screaming. I checked myself to make sure I was still alive and whole. Damn. That dream was scary. I rarely had dreams--well that I remember. This one was the scariest one so far. I don't think ill be able to sleep again.

 

I looked over at my alarm clock and it was 2:43. I didn't have school until 8:00. I can't believe I was up this early. I didn't noticed that it was still dark outside and dark inside my room. My breathing was still uneven, because I was still scared. I flopped back down on my pillow and tried my best to go back to sleep, but I doubt that was going to happen.

 

"Ruffles" I whispered, hoping he would keep my company.

 

"Ruffles!" I repeated again.

 

I didn't hear him shuffling around and I didn't his chain jiggling on his collar. Maybe this is like my dream. Wait, what if I'm having a dream in a dream? What if something is happening to Ruffles? My mind began to wonder and I slapped myself just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I felt normal I guess, now since I've calmed down. 

 

I continued to lay in my bed. Just think about stuff when my stomach growled. I didnt eat dinner last night because I had a lot of homework and Jonghyun made me mad again. I just wasn't up for food but now its a different story. Some cereal would be perfect right now with some juice. My mouth watered as I thought about a delicious bowl of Lucky Charms in a cold milk. And cold Orange juice on the side. 

 

I was scared to get up and fix me some cereal. Firstly, I'm in this new house. Secondly, I'm afruad if the dark. Thirdly, if I wake my parents they will kill me. Seriously. But I'm so hungry right so who cares.

 

I slowly got out of the bed and slipped on my slippers. Walking in this dark room shouldn't be so hard, right? Wrong. Before I got to the door I walked in my dresser. I cursed under my breath and rubbed my forehead. Damn, that really did hurt. I got to the hallway and tip toed past my parents room. One thing I hated about this house was that the floor creaked.

 

Every step I took it sounded as if I was breaking glass. I paused forbade second then I continued to walk. It felt like I was in a movie trying to steal a famous painting or something. I made my way to the steps and quickly ran down them. They made so much noise I swear they woke my parents up but they didn't. Thank God.

 

When I got downstairs everything was dark. Like seriously pitch black. I was getting scared now, what if something comes out and tries to attack me? What about Freddy or Jason. I can picture it now, me getting sliced up. Then I wouldn't be able to see Jonghyun again. I shook the thought out of my head then took a deep breath. I'm just getting some cereal then I'm going back back upstairs I told myself. Everything will be fine. 

I really need to stop watching scary movies. I promise no more scary movies ever. I'm 17 and I'm acting like I'm 9. I'm sure there are 17 year old who are afraid of the dark right? Its not just me...I hope. What am I thinking? I'm 17 and I'm afraid of the dark. I laughed at myself, I need to toughen up and just go get the cereal. How hard can it be?

 

I walked to the kitchen and quickly the lights. Wait. Why didn't I turn on all the lights in the first place. I face palmed myself for being so stupid. I went to the cabinet and grabbed a bowl, then I rinsed me off a spoon. Next, I got the cereal and the milk. Oh man, this is going to be good I told myself. I just couldn't wait until this was in my mouth.

 

I quickly fixed me a bowl of cereal and ran back up to my room. I couldn't believe I dreamed about Jonghyun. This guy was seriously invading my personal space, now I'm dreaming about him. But I don't mind.

 

 

 

 

I got  to my class and I sat in Jonghyun's seat again. Well now I've gotten used to sitting in it. He never complained now. We don't even look at each other anymore. Every since last week when he told me I was annoying I haven't talked to him. Even though we sit at the same lunch table. I feel horrible when I speak to him, it seems like I'm annoying him more. So I keep my mouth shut. 

 

When we got to lunch I sat down at the usual table with the guys. Everyone was so busy talking amongst themselves that I didn't say anything. I don't want to begin to annoying them too. Jonghyun was arguing with Key about a math problem and I automatically knew Key was right. Jonghyun isn't that bright.

 

"Kimi, you haven't been talking lately. Is everything alright?" Taemin asked.

 

I nodded my head completely lying. I just didn't want to lose anymore friends. "I'm fine"

 

I think Taemin knew I was lying because he continued to stare at me but I smiled hoping that they'll convince him. And I think that did the trick.

 

"Hey guys. How about we go to the movies this weekend?" Jonghyun suggested while sipping on his soda.

 

He looked really nice today, well that's everyday.

 

Everyone agreed. I knew Jonghyun wasn't inviting me so I felt so awkward. I don't need them just to go to the movies, I can go by myself. 

 

"How about we see Walking Dead" Onew suggested.

 

Key sneered. "I heard that movie "

 

"Who cares" Minho said. "I need to get out and that's better than watching a romance or something"

 

If I could shoot myself I would. I hate being in awkward situations. I just felt like I was there, and not being apart of the group. I was just an extra.

 

"Are you coming?" Taemin asked.

 

Everyone looked at me except Jonghyun. I shook my head. "No, I'm fine"

 

"Come on" everyone whined. "You have to go"

 

"No she doesn't" Jonghyun mumbled. "She wasn't invited" 

 

And that was what I was afraid to hear. I don't understand why he hates me so much. I never did anything wrong, but wahtever.

 

"You can come, don't listen to him. He's just jealous, it'll be fun a promise" Key assured.

 

I wanted to beileve that but I don't know. Ill just go anyway. "Alright"