29

The New Kid

I know for a fact that something isn't right. Graduation is over and I haven't had contact with Jonghyun yet. I decided to go by his house to find it empty and a for sale sign in the front. My heart shattered when reality began to kick in. Jonghyun is gone. Why would he do this to me and not tell me? I wanted to scream just to try and get my feelings out. But instead I cried for the first time in a while. I cried because everything between us ended so fast. I took forever for Jonghyun to notice me and now this happens. 

--

 

We all decided to go out for lunch today and we also said we wouldn't mention  Jonghyun's name. We just want to have one without constantly worrying about him, I'm sure he's fine wherever he is.

Key pushed a slip of paper towards me and I almost choked when I seen it. "W-What's this?"

I can't believe he would do this.

A smile spread across his face. "Plane tickets...to Japan"

Onew, Taemin and Minho quickly grabbed them to see if he was being serious.

Onew examined the ticket. "Yup, its real"

Taemin and Minho nodded in agreement. It must have cost a fortune to get five plane tickets to Japan. "We just can't leave and--"

He laughed. "Did you forget that it's summer. Now we can decided our lives we're out if high school and now we're in the real world"

He sounded like some stupid teenager fresh out of high school. (Well...I guess that would be me too)

I want to see Jonghyun too, but what if he really wanted to leave. What if we don't find him? But I miss him and trying to find him won’t hurt a bit. If anything thing goes wrong at least I know I tried.

"Alright but we have to try our hardest to find him"

We all smiled. "FIGHTING!"

---
Since we arrived in Japan I've been a nervous wreck. He's only verb gone for a week and a half and the thought of seeing him again makes me happy and nervous. What if he looks different? Nah, I doubt it.

We walked into the Busena Hotel in complete awe. Everything looked so expensive and nice. And the thought of being in the same hotel as Jonghyun made me excited. I can’t wait until I see him, and when I do I'm going to punch him for being an idiot.

Key was at the front desk speaking with the guy to find any information on Jonghyun. And since he's the only one of us that can speak Japanese. We waited patiently and when he returned there I knew he didn't have any good news.

"It turns out Jonghyun left the hotel yesterday" He says.

"Seriously?" Onew said.

Key nodded and I knew he was telling the truth. We came all the way out here to find out he left again. I can't believe this...

I tear rolled down my cheek and I quickly wiped it. "Are you crying?"

"Of course not!" I replied, while nervously laughing.

I wiped my cheek again and gave them a smile. "Can we go somewhere and eat? I'm a little hungry...anyone else?"

I was trying my best to change the subject. Everyone agreed to try and get our minds off of things by going out.

I was happy when we sat down at a restaurant. I got a window seat..which was perfect. I could avoid looking at them by looking out of the window. I could avoid all of these stupid thoughts going threw my head. I came here expecting to at least see Jonghyun one more time.

I felt nudge my arm and I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Are you okay?" Onew asked.

I gave him a small smile. "Yeah sure...and thanks for asking."

"No problem" he smiled.

We ate in silence maybe because everyone was disappointed. No one made any jokes. No one mentioned Jonghyun. It was just quiet. I decided to go to the bathroom to get away from the silence. "I'll be back"

I turned the corner and bumped into someone. "I'm sorry...I wasn't paying attention.."

"No, its fine." He replied, while rubbing the back of his head. "I wasn't paying attention too"

We both laughed nervously then a thought occurred. "I can understand you. Are you from Korea?"

"Yeah your right. I didn't notice that we understood each other, since I've been in Japan I haven't spoke with someone who spoke Korean"

This is so weird. This whole trip is driving me crazy that I don't know what to do.

He held his hand out. "By the way I'm Brian , and you are..?"

"Kimi" I replied while shaking his hand. He stopped shaking my hand and stared at me. Did I say something wrong?

I took my hand away from his. "I-I have to go"

I was about to walk away when he lightly grabbed my elbow. I quickly turned around ready to slap his hand away from me.

"I'm sorry" he said. "Its just....is your name really Kimi?"

His question surprised me. "Yeah...my name is Kimi"

 

He smiled. I'm starting to think something is wrong with this guy. Why in the world is he worrying about my name. I should go back to the table for something happens. But before I could leave he said something that stopped me.

"Do you know someone named Kim Jonghyun?"

When that name came out of his mouth I almost fainted. "Yeah...I left Korea to look for him here but I haven't had any luck. Do you know where he is?"

I wanted to attack him with a bunch of questions. The thought of someone knowing where Jonghyun is made he excited. Maybe I'll get to see him today.

"I'm Sunny's boyfriend....it well I thought" he mumbled. "We were dating like you and Jonghyun until she suddenly told me she was moving to Japan"

Just like Jonghyun but Jonghyun never  told me anything.

"I couldn't believe she would just leave like that even though she told me, I still didn't believe it. But i decided to come here and bring her back" he explained.

He was the one Sunny went to prom with. Wow, this is such a small world. "Do have any information on Jonghyun?"

"Sunny, Jonghyun and his mother moved into a house close by. I'm going to find a way to speak with Sunny no matter what..."

Wait. That means...

"Are you going to break into their house?" I asked in disbelief.

He nodded and I suddenly gained more respect for this guy. He is trying his hardest to be with Sunny even though she's ignoring him. And I'm going to do the same for Jonghyun.

"I wanna come too."

--

The guys met Brian and they font trust him or they just feel weird about the whole idea but if we want to see Jonghyun again we have to. Brian was driving us to Jonghyun house and I was still nervous. I wonder how he knows where he lives?

"Do you really trust him?" Minho asked while whispering in my ear.

I nodded. "Of course. He's our only way to see Jonghyun again."

"But what if.." Taemin trailed off.

"Look" I began. "Me and _______ can go find them. You guys wait in the car and if everything goes right, which it will..I'll tell Jonghyun to come out and see you guys. Alright?"

Minho and Taemin nodded. Key turned back to me and gave me the thumbs up. I smiled back, well at least someone believes in me.

Onew cleared his throat. "Don't forget about me..I think you can do it"

The car came to a stop and I noticed up ahead there was a huge house with a huge gate in the front. I was beginning to doubt that we would actually make it but it was too late for that.

Before leaving I gave everyone a hug even though we will see each other soon. I couldn't believe I would do this for a guy. I believe I'm breaking into someone's house just to see Jonghyun. Hopefully this all goes well.

"Good luck" Taemin said. "Come back quickly, okay?"

"I will"

"Promise?"

I pinky promised him and then me and _____ left.

He looked at me. "Ready?"

I took a deep breath. "Kinda"

Well it's too late for kinda, it’s time to see Jonghyun.