22

The New Kid

 

Was I crazy to stay up late to see if Jonghyun was going to call? I think I am because I felt like an idiot when he didn't. When I woke up this morning I quickly rushed to my phone to see did he leave a message or something but there wasn't anything. And today at school I seen him bit he wasn't at lunch. Maybe he was really busy or something. Yeah that's it...he's busy.

When I got home I almost dropped my books. Luna was here! Luna is my crazy bestfriend. I remember last time she came and she made me stalk Jonghyun around the mall.

"Luna!" I exclaimed giving her a huge hug. She still looked the same and I bet she hasn't changed since I seen her.

 

"Kimi!" She said. She pulled away from the hug and we laughed.

She pinched my cheeks and I playfully slapped her hand away. "What are you doing here?"

"Your mom told me that your prom was coming up so I volunteered to take you to find a dress"

I rolled my eyes and she asked what was wrong. "I don't know why I'm going I don't have a date"

"Don't worry about that, just go to have fun, okay?"

I nodded and I promised her that I would go.

---

We went to many stored trying to find the right dress. One thing I really hate is shopping. Shopping is so tiring and it gets boring after a while.

"How about this red dress?" She pointed out. She handed me the dress and it was strapless and the top part was bedazzled. It was cute but it just wasn't me.

I shook my head and we continued to search. She handed me a blue dress and I stuck my tongue out. We both giggled.

As I was looking through a bunch of dresses I finally spotted one. It's was white and strapless. There was a gold ribbon that went around the waist. It was simple and cute, I quickly showed the dress to Luna and she made me try it on.

After I tried it on I looked in the mirror and the dress fit me perfectly. It was really pretty and I have to admit I looked nice in it.

"Hurry up!" Luna called.

I stepped out of the dressing room and when she saw me she gasped. I covered my face because it was kind of embarrassing. "You look so cute!"

"And your ies look nice in the dress!" She added.

My face turned red and I slapped her head. How could she say that! But I shouldn't be surprised she always say things that.

"I bet every guy head will turn when they see you!"

I laughed nervously and nodded. She laughed and I asked her what was so funny. "You act so innocent at times and its cute"

"I am innocent!" I replied.

"Of course" she said sarcastically.

I changed back into my clothes and we paid for the dress. Next, we found some matching shoes, jewelry and hair accessories. When we were finished we decided to go to the food court for some food.

"I'll be back, I'm going to the restroom" She said before walking off.

While she was gone I ordered me a sandwich from a sandwich place. I sat down at the table and I looked up to see Luna hurrying to the table.

"What happened?" I asked with food in my mouth.

She pulled me up from the table and I jerked my arm away. "No. Whatever you want the answer is no"

She pouted. I don't care how cuts she acts the answer is no. "Remember last time we came and we seem the cute guy you liked?"

 

I nodded. "He's here again!"

 

"So?"

"Ask him out silly!"

"Noooooooo!"

She looked at me with pleading eyes. I don't think her and Key understand Jonghyun. A lot of girls ask him out what makes them think he will go with me. I don't even compare to those girls that asked him.

I sat back down in my seat and Luna sat down too. "Why?"

"I don't know...I'm scared" I admitted.

I ate some more of my sandwich because I was getting nervous. Luna grabbed my hand and looked at me. "The only thing he can say is yes or no. Come on Kimi, don't let a chance like this pass by"

When those words came out of I remembered what I told Jonghyun yesterday. Maybe I should take my own advice.

"...Alright, I'll do it"

"Yes!!" She exclaimed. She quickly got up from her seat and dragged me over to where he was. When I seen his face I wanted to turn back around. What if he says no? What if he laughs in my face? All of these things went through my head but they stopped when I heard him speak.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" He asked while getting up from the table.

I rubbed the back of my neck and awkwardly smile. "I was going to ask if you-"

"Jonghyun" I heard someone say. I looked behind him to see some girl I didn't know. She had short blonde hair and she was really pretty. She smiled when she seen me. "Who is this?"

 

"This is my friend Kimi and Kimi this is my date to prom, Sunny"

His what!? Did he just say his date to prom was her? I felt like crawling in a hole and never coming out. I can't believe I was about to embarrass myself. I never had a chance with him anyway, Jonghyun would never ever think about dating someone like me.

We shook hands and she smiled again.  

"What were you about to ask?" He said.

"Oh nothing! Nothing at all! Well I'll see you guys later" I said before walking off. I left before either one of them could say anything else.

The tears rolled down my cheek as I walked towards Luna. "Can we leave now?"