15

The New Kid

 

"Did you sketch these out yourself?" I asked taken back. I was looking at the outfits Key sketched out and they were amazing, I didn't know he could draw so well.

 

"These clothing look a little expensive and you know-"

 

"Don't worry about it, I have my connections. You just sit back and watch me work" he smiled.

 

The main concept were black skinny jeans, graphic tees, and a jacket to top it. The hairstyles were really cool too. Jonghyun had his same multicolored hair. He even looked good on paper.

 

"I have this all figured out, it'll be perfect"

 

I nodded and pushed the sketch pad back towards him. I really hope they win, they have been practicing really hard and they are simply amazing. They have to win no matter what.

 

I took a sip of my coffee and looked at Key. "Can I ask you something?"

 

He nodded. "How long have you all known each other?"

 

He thought about it for a while. "About four or five years, why?"

 

I shook my head and smiled. "Just curious"

 

We didn't say anything for a while because before you knew it I was thinking about Jonghyun. I wonder what happened between him and Min. He seemed pretty upset when he left practice last week. He talked to me a little yesterday, so I believe that he's mad at me.

"Thinking about Jonghyun?"

"Maybe..."

 

Key looked at me and shook his head. "You really like him, don't you?"

 

I looked away but I already knew that he knows the truth. I couldn't hide it from him and Taemin. Hiding it from Onew and Minho was pretty easy. On the other hand, Key and Taemin were good at figuring me out. Sometimes I hate it but in the future it can come in handy. "How long have they've been dating?"

 

"Almost two years" he said.

 

Whoa, almost two years? That's a long time and to think she's cheating on him makes me angry.

 

"And Jonghyun is totally in love with her" he added.

 

I could tell  already. Whenever she's around it seems as though he has to protect her. He's always kissing her and just looks like he's in love. He is so foolish, if only he knew the truth.

 

"Can I ask you something else?" I asked, looking down at the table.

 

"Go ahead"

 

"Do you think I'll ever have a chance with him?"

 

I was scared to hear his reply. Something was telling me that I was never going to have a chance with ever. We're too different people. He's high class and I'm just me.

"I don't know, honestly"

 

I knew it.

 

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow night was the talent show and we were all excited. We kept talking about what we would each do with the money once we win. Honestly, I don't any of the money they've worked really hard. 


"What are you guys going to do with the money?" I asked.

 

"Save for college" Minho replied.

 

"Dance classes" Taemin smiled.

 

"I don't know yet" Key said.

 

I looked at Jonghyun and he shrugged his shoulders. "College..Vocal classes...I don't know"

 

"I may use the money to visit another country or something." Onew smiled.

 

Everyone was going to do something different. I wonder will we know each other four years from now or even go to the same college. I wonder would we all still be friends or maybe this is just temporary. I hope not.

 

"How about we do something fun today, like to the fair?" Key suggested.

 

I've haven't been to the fair in a while. I don't even remember what's it like except for a ride that spins around or something like that. I guess it'll be fun unless they bring their girlfriends.

 

"It's just going to be us, right?" I asked making sure. I didn't want to go if Min was coming. There was no way in hell.

 

"Yes, just us..no one else. Right, Jonghyun?"

 

Jonghyun glared at me and Key then finally agreed. I think he needed a break from Min too.

After school we met in the parkong and waited for all of us to coke from class. When we were all out we piled into Jonghyun car and left for the fair. Key sat in the front with Jonghyun while the rest of us squeezed in the back.

 

"Damn, Onew I think you should lay off the chicken.." I breathed while I was glued to the window.

This was going to be a long ride.

 

"Can you guys try and scoot over? I'm kind of squished here"

 

They moved over a little and I was able to sit in the air and actually look forward. I took a few deep breathes and sighed.

"Can you turn on the radio?" Taemin asked Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun was about to turn on the radio when Key slapped his hand away and they began to argue. "No! You need to drive let me handle the music"

 

"Last time I checked this was my car" Jonghyun retorted.

 

They were still arguing when I looked up and Jonghyun wasn't watching the road. "Are you trying to kill us, watch where you're going" I hissed while tapping his shoulders.

 

He quickly looked at me through the mirror and stuck his tongue out at me. " Stay back there, I got this"

Key fumbled with the radio, while Minho and Onew were talking about a basketball game. Jonghyun was finally focusing on the road and I was just sitting back and watching.

 

"Turn that back!" Taemin said to Key as he passed a station.

 

Key flipped back through the stations and stopped at the one that was playing I AM THE BEST by 2ne1. " I love this song!"

"Who doesn't?" Jonghyun said while looking at me through the mirror. I can't believe he is actually looking at me. I felt my heart flutter and I began to slightly smile to myself. He's totally checking me out.

 

"Hey! Stop drooling on my seat!" He complained.

 

I quickly snapped into reality and wiped my mouth to see if I was really drooling. "I-I wasn't drooling"

I looked away just in case I was. I quickly wiped my mouth and mentally slapped myself for being an idiot.

"I know but I got  your attention. What were you thinking about?"

 

What? I can't believe he was actually talking to me. He was even asking me questions! What has this world come too? "Nothing much"

When we got to the fair it was looked like a lot of fun. There were a bunch of kids running around and laugh. There were families that looked happy and also many couples. The first thing I wanted to do was to play some of the arcade games.

 

We got to the ticket Booth and everyone bought their tickets. "That'll be $12.50"

 

I dugged around in my pocket and I couldn't find my wallet. I looked up at the ticket Booth guy who was waiting patiently..well I thought he was. I smiled softly and dugged through my jacket pocket. I was  beginning to panicked and this was getting embarrassing.

He sighed heavily and gave me an irritated look. "I'm sure I have my wallet somewhere around here"

 

"Look, Miss. You're holding the line up-"

 

"I'll pay for her ticket" Jonghyun said while moving in front of me. He handed the guy the money and gave me my ticket. 'You're welcome"

I was so confused right now. Jonghyun the rudest and meanest person I know just did something nice. I couldn't believe this.

 

I folded my arms across my chest. "What are you trying to do?"

 

His eyebrows knitted together. "I was trying to be nice. If I didn't come you would have look stupid"

 

His words stung but they were true. I bet I did look like an idiot. I looked down at the ground and fumbled with my hands. I really didn't want to day this. "Thank you' I mumbled.

 

He brought his face closer to mine. "I didn't hear you, what did you say?"

 

I got a sniff of his scent and he smelled nice. The cologone was not too strong but not too faint. I felt my heart flutter and I quickly stepped back. "I said Thank you"

 

I rolled eyes and he laughed. He loved making me mad. He grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the rest of the guys. I didnt protest or anything, I was amazed that he was actually touching me. Was this real life?

 

The rest of the guys were waiting at a near by table. When Key and Taemin saw us the quickly got up and smirked.

"Just helping this idiot out" he said pulling me closer. I pulled away from him then punched his arm.

 

"Shut up, baldie"

 

He didn't say anything or do anything but stared. I smirked at him and folded my arms across my chest. "Yeah I said it. BALD-IE!!!"

He quickly put his hand over my mouth and I tried to push him away but he was too strong. "Havajsbsjsjnwjsknnjsn"

 

"We will see you guys back here in an hour" he told Key, while pulling me away. I tried to kick him the leg and punch him but it was no use. I finally gave up and he still had his hand over my mouth.

He whispered in my ear. "Are you calm now "

 

Don't give up so easily I told my self. I glared up at him and he chuckled. His chuckle was like music to my ears.

 

I felt him let go and I kicked him again for payback. First he talked to me and now he was within a few inches of me. I wonder what he has been smoking? "I wanna go back with Key!"

 

"Remember I paid for your ticket"

 

That bastard!! I can't believe this. I didn't know that idiot was that smart. I wouldn't mind actually hanging out with him but he's just hanging with me to irritate me. "I can't believe you" I hissed.

 

"I'm not as dumb as you think" he said. I didn't have to listen to him because she paid for my ticket. I yelled some gibberish at him before walking off. I was gonna go have fun by myself or go and find the rest of the guys.

 

There were some many games to play and many rides. I couldn't decide on which one I wanted to do first. Maybe the Ferris Wheel or the Tornado? So many decisions. "Let's go on the Ferris Wheel first"

 

I turned around and of course it was Jonghyun. Why wouldn't he just leave me alone?

 

"Leave me alone" I gritted through my teeth.

 

"Nope" he replied standing next to me. I moved over a little and so did he. I moved over some more and he did as well.

 

I sighed. He was never going to leave me alone.

 

                                                                                                Jonghyun P.O.V.

 

 

Messing with Kimi was very amusing. She's so easily to irritate and make angry. I sometimes wonder why do I it but I can't help myself.

We got into our seats and moved really close to her. Her face blushed red and she pushed me away from her. I noticed how pretty her eyes were. They were huge and brown. I looked at her and or mainly her eyes.

 

"Stop s-staring at me!" She stammered and looked away quickly.

 

I snapped back into reality and realized what was I was doing. I needed a way to play this off.

"I wasn't staring at much" I mumbled.

 

She didn't respond, she just looked at the things below as we moved. We were able to the see almost the whole city and it was beautiful. I don't remember the last time I've rode a ride or came to a fair.

 

"Jonghyun, you aren't as 'hot' as you think" she said emphasizing hot. "Baldie"

 

She knows I hate being called that. My hair was perfect there was no way I was balding. I moved closer to her again and grabbed her hands before she could hit me again. She struggled and I smiled at her.

 

She looked at me with her huge eyes. And I hadn't noticed how close we were.

 

"Move away from me!" She yelled, pushing me off.

 

Not again I thought. I don't know what's going on with me. This isnt normal or right. I can never get away from her.

 

I moved away and I didn't look at her again. The rest of the ride was quiet and awkward. When we got off we walked to some games. The first one was hitting some targets to win a bear. Kimi's face lit up when she seen the bear and dragged me along.

"I really want that stuffed dinosaur" she said eyeing the stuff animal. "Isn't it cute!"

 

She turned back at me and smiled. I nodded and she started the game. She picked up then three it at the target but it missed by centimeters. I laughed at her and she turned around to stick her tongue out at me.

 

She tried again and it missed. "I just need to warm up" she said, rolling her shoulders around and cracking her knuckles.

I decided to give her a little help, after all I did pay for the ticket. I walked behind her and placed my hand on top of hers.

"You need to throw it harder" I demonstrated. She looked up at me with that same confused face from earlier. "Pay attention, don't look at me"

 

"Ready..one...two...three" I counted down. We threw it Ans it successfully knocked down the target. She couldn't have done it without me.

 

The guy handed her the dinosaur  and she thanked him and smiled at me. "Thanks"

 

She thought she was going to get off easy? I think not. I snatched the dinosour from her and hid it behind my back.

"Give it back!" She yelled reaching for it. I moved out of the way so she couldn't get it.

 

She reached for it again and I moved to the right. She was getting tired already and I've only just begun. I laughed at how mad she looked. She finally stopped for a breath and glared at me. It reminded me when we had detention and we were chasing each other. I think that was the first or second day I've known her and she made me so angry.

"Remember, when we had detention-"

 

"And we were doing the same thing, that we did on that day" she interrupted.

 

She chuckled softly and looked up at me. "I guess things will never change, huh?"

 

"Nope"

 

"Sometimes, I hate you Jonghyun"

 

"The feeling is mutual" I grinned.

 

I handed her back the stuffed animal and she kicked me. And this time it actually hurt. I pretty much expected it but it was cool. We walked in silence again to some more games until we came to the bumper cars. My favorite.

 

"Look!" She exclaimed. "The rest of the guys are over there"

 

They were in line laughing and playing and before I knew it Kimi was running towards them, like always.

 

                                                                                                     Kimi P.O.V.

 

"How was it with Jonghyun?" Key asked me while we were in line for bumper cars. I looked back to make sure Jonghyun wasn't near.

 

"It was pretty good. He likes to play a lot. Once we were so close-"

 

"You both kissed!?" He asked in disbelief. I quickly covered his mouth so no one would hear or suspect anything. When I was sure he calmed down I moved away from him.

 

I looked at the ground and shook my head. "He was just playing with me"

 

He lightly patted my shoulder and I smiled up at him. I wasn't mad or anything, I kind of expected it so it didn't hurt as much. "But he touched my hand and he helped me win this dinosaur."

 

I showed him the dinosaur and he gasped.

 

"Jonghyun must be smoking something"

 

I agreed with him. Jonghyun never acted like this before and it was probably a one time thing. He was still being the he was but he was a tad bit nicer. Hmm, maybe he's changed?

 

Nah, I doubt it.

 

I looked at the dinosaur again and it actually looked like Jonghyun. Maybe it was the eyes. I giggled to myself and Key asked me what was so funny. I lied and told him nothing but of course he already knew. Liking someone who didn't like you back isn't so bad afterall. 

-------------------------------

 

A/N: Thank you all for commenting & subscribing! I was in a rush when I wrote this chapter so I know it's a little...

 

but anyway Thanks! :x