17

The New Kid

 

Two months later

 

"Can I have everyone attention!?" Some girl on the stage announced. 


Everyone in the cafeteria quieted down and looked forward. "As you all may know the prom is coming up and we all want to come"

Prom. How could I forget about that. The only thing I know about prom is what I've seen on movies. At the end the girl always end up with the cute guy. I wish that could happen to me.....or maybe it could! But Jonghyun may find a date. I mean it's Jonghyun of course he's going to find a date.

 

"The prom is in a few weeks so make sure you come, it'll be really fun!" she smiled.

 

Now I had to debate whether not I was going to go. Hmmm. Decisions. Decisions

 

No. Why would I go? Everyone is going to go with their dates. And well I've never dated anyone before so I doubt I'm going to get asked out. And there was no way I was going to ask Jonghyun out...he is waaaay out of my league. So I guess I'm not going.

 

"Kimi!" I heard Taemin say waving his hand in front of my face.

 

I snapped out of my thoughts and laughed nervously. "Sorry, I was thinking about something"

 

"Or do you mean someone" Key added.

 

I glared at him and he laughed.

 

"So are you going to prom?" He asked.

 

I shook my head. "I have plans on that day"

 

He raised an eyebrow and looked at me funny.

 

"What?" I asked.

 

"They haven't announced what day it is"

 

I'm so horrible at lying. "Well I know I'll be busy"

 

"Of course you will. Are you going to ask Jonghyun out?"

 

I almost choked on my water when the words came out of his mouth. Me? Ask Jonghyun out. Does he want me to die of embarrassment? I can already imagine Jonghyun making fun of me.

 

"Key" I began. "I may have took many chances in my life but asking Jonghyun out is.....it's just not possible"

 

I seen Jonghyun walking into the cafeteria and I quickly threw away my food. "I'll see you guys later"

 

For some reason I didn't want to see or be around Jonghyun especially when I was just talking about him. That would be so awkward. And plus I don't want Key or Taemin dropping hints that I really like him.

 

I slung my bag over my shoulders and made my way out of the cafeteria. The hallway was empty. Thank God. I looked down as I walked the hallways not knowing where I was going. Maybe I could go in the library and finish that project that due soon. Oh and I need to stop by my locker and get that book.

 

My thoughts were cut off when I felt myself walk into something or something.

"I'm s-sorry" I said not looking up.

 

I heard a chuckle. I quickly looked up to see a guy I've never seen before. I backed away from him and I noticed that he kind of looked like Taemin but an old version.

 

"Its fine, no need to apologize. I wasn't pay attention to where I was walking"

 

He ran his fingers through his wavy brown hair and I have to admit he's hot. I smiled slightly and looked down at my shoes. I was trying my best to avoid his face.

 

"Umm, well I'll see you around" I mumbled. But before I could walk away he lightly grabbed my arm and I turned around completely shocked.

 

He looked at me and smiled shyly. "I know this is weird but would you go to prom with me?"

 

Wait. Did I just hear him right? Did someone just ask me out to prom. I must be dreaming, seriously.

"Pinch me" I mumbled. "I must be dreaming"

 

He laughed and he was so cute. "You're not dreaming, I'm serious. Will you go to prom with me?"

 

Oh my gosh, he said it again. I lightly slapped myself, just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Is this real life? After I recovered from the shocked I able to make sure he wasn't joking with me. 


"I don't even know your name and I bet you don't know mine"

 

He held his hand to mine and I shook it. "I'm Kim Jong but you can call me Kai."

 

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kimi but you can call me Kimi"

 

"Alright, Kimi. Will you go to prom with me?" He asked again.

 

Every time he said prom my heart skips a billion beats. This is something I thought would have never happened to me but now someone is actually asking me out.


"I want to say yes but we barely know each other"

 

He thought about something for a second then smiled. "How about you go out on a date with me, tomorrow night?"

He just asked me out! He asked me out! If he could read my mind I think he will think I'm crazy. I can't believe this, I just can't.

"Sure"

 

"Well I'll see you tomorrow night" he said before walking off and leaving me breathless.

 

He was so cool. Oh wait, we're having movie night at Minho's house tomorrow. I guess it wont hurt to skip one day, right?

------

Surprisingly Key didn't get mad when I told him I couldn't go to movie night. But he was pretty anxious when I told him I had a date. I was pretty excited honestly, that I forgot all about Jonghyun. Come to think about it Jonghyun hasn't crossed my mind since I met Kai. Oh well.

 

It was around nine o clock when I met Kai at a sushi place. I decided to wear something a simple pink dress and black flats. I was so nervous, since this is my first date. I took a deep breath when I seen Kai.

 

"You look pretty" he said.

 

My face shot beet red, and I tried my best to hide it. "Thanks"

 

He smiled and led me to the table. I looked at the menu and I almost choked, everything was so expensive. What the hell? He must be rich or something.

 

I cleared my throat while looking at the menu and he cocked his eyebrow. "What's wrong?"

 

"Have you seen these prices? Aren't they a little-"

 

He put his hand on top of mine and smiled. "Don't worry about the price. You can order what ever you like."

I'm really starting to like this guy. 

 

"Have you ate sushi before?" He asked.

 

"Eating raw fish has never crossed my mind but I'm up for knew things"

 

"Well this should be very interesting" he laughed.

 

After we chatted for a while the waiter came and let me just say she was beautiful. Her attention quickly turned to Kai when she laid eyes on him.

 

"May I take your order" she said smiling at him. Maybe it was my eyes but I could sense that he was flirting with the waitress. Or maybe I'm just imaging things.

 

I cleared my throat for the second time and she finally asked for my order. After we ordered I felt relieved when she left. This date wasn't going so well.

 

"Do you have a brother?" I blurted out trying to start a conversation.

 

"No, why'd you ask?"

 

I looked down at the table and played with my silverware. "Oh it's nothing. You look like one of my friends"

 

"But I look better right?" He joked.

 

I laughed nervously. "Well…..”

 

 

 

The waitress came back with our drinks. She handed me my coke and gave Kai his water. I put my straw in the soda and took a sip, only to find it wasn't coke. It was tea and I'm allergic to tea. I quickly spat it out and pushed the glass away from me.

 

I felt my face get hot and my throat getting tighter. I panicked trying my best to breathe, this couldn't be happening to me. I was coughing uncontrollably.

 

"Kimi!" I heard Kai yell.

 

I quickly dugged in my purse and found my pills. I got the container and tried to open it but I couldn't get the top off. I felt someone take to container and it was Kai. My breathing was getting slower and I felt as if I was going to pass out soon. He opened the container and put a pill in my mouth.

 

After twenty minutes I began to feel better. I seriously thought I was going to die in front of Kai.

How does someone confuse a coke with tea? There is no way that is possible, no way. Thank God I bought my pills with me, it else the situation would have been worse.

 

"Are you alright in there?" Kai asked while knocking on the bathroom door.

 

"Yeah, just give me a second" I replied. I couldn't believe this was happening to me. I'm always ruining things.

 

I came out of the bathroom and Kai locked his arms with mine. I was a little taken back. I guess I expected him to be angry with me. 
"I'm sorry" I mumbled as we walked.

 

"It's not your fault, things happens. I just hope your okay"

 

Its amazing at how nice he is to me. I don't think I've met anyone as nice as him, especially Jonghyun. As I think about it I kind of miss Jonghyun. Even though Kai is nice I like how me and Jonghyun fight, I miss that.

 

"I had her fired"

 

I quickly looked up at Kai completely confused. He pointed somewhere and my eyes followed. And there was that waitress sitting outside. "What? Why?"

 

"If you confuse tea with coke you deserve it and she almost killed you" he said.

I pulled my arm away from his, I was going to speak with her. Kai grabbed the arm pulling me back to him. "Come on, I wanna show you something"

 

Jonghyun P.O.V.

 

"It's what!?" I asked. I was on the phone with Key and he was telling me that movie night was cancelled.

 

"Sorry, but everyone is busy tonight"

 

I was really looking forward to night too. We all haven't hung out in a while. "But I want some pizza and we always have pizza"

 

"Well too bad, go out and buy some"

 

"The nearest place is on the other side of town" I complained.

 

"Well I guess you wont be eating pizza tonight"

 

I grabbed my car keys and made my to way to my car. This pizza better taste like a million dollars since I'm driving this far to get some I thought.

 

"I'll talk to you later”

 

Kimi P.O.V.

 

"Where are we going?" I asked. It seems as if we've been driving for hours. Well we haven't been driving for hours but about twenty minutes.

 

"You'll see when we get there" he replied.

 

I didn't feel good about this. Or maybe I'm overreacting. Right now I really want to go home so I hope this won't take long. I looked out the window and all I seen where were stores and stuff but I've never been around here before.

He turned a few corners and drove into some dark place. "Kai, take me home"

 

The car stopped and he turned to me and smiled. "You look really pretty"

 

"Kai." I gulped. "Take me home, now"

He came closer to me and I backed away. He lifted my chin up and kissed me. That was my first kiss ever and it didn't feel like what people in the movies make it out to be. I didn't feel special or happy, I actually felt scared.

 

I felt something poke my lips and I quickly pulled away.

 

"I'm guessing this is your first time kissing someone" he said.

 

I nodded. He laughed he kissed me again and this time It was a French kiss. I didn't move or do anything because I didnt know what to do. It all felt so weird. backed away from the kiss.

 

"What are you doing?" He sounded irritated.

 

The tone of his voice took me off guard. "This feels weird, Kai. Can you just take me home?"

 

He sighed. "We're not leaving until we're done"

 

"Done...with w-what?"

 

He attacked my lips harshly. I was pressed against the window and I felt his hand on my thigh. Everything was moving so fast. I panicked, was this all he wanted?

 

"Get off of me!" I yelled while hitting him anywhere I could.

 

He grabbed my wrists tightly and put them over my head. "Be quiet. It'll be over soon, okay?"

 

Was he crazy? Was this seriously happening to me? I felt stupid and useless. I felt the tears stream down my face. This was it.

"Please" I begged. "Please don't do this"

 

He ignored me and kissed me some more. When I felt his hand up my dress something in me triggered. I got my hand free and I slapped him as hard as I could. 
He pushed me back into the door hard, hitting my head on the window.

 

A sharp pain shot through my head. 

 

I wasn't going to give up easily. He was still hovering over me and I mustered up some strength to kick him hard in the crotch. He groaned in pain and I quickly reached for the door but he pulled me and put his hand over my mouth.

 

"You thought...you were getting away...so easily" he breathed. I was disgusted just by being this close to him. I was still crying and silently praying for a miracle.

 

"I can't believe you're acting like this. What did you expect?" He said. "Did you ever think someone like me will go for someone like you?"

 

How could I have been so stupid? Why am I such an idiot? I'm so stupid and naive.

 

The tears didn't seem to stop, and they aren't.

 

"Girls like you irritate me" he mumbled in my ear. His voice sent chills down my back. I will never forget this moment, this day, his voice, or him. Never.

 

All the pain I've had bottle inside came out when I bit down on his hand as hard as I could. He screamed and this time I was able to reach for the door. The car door quickly opened and I fell. The cool night air hit me. I made myself get up and ran. I ran so far, I never turned back. I didn't notice that I didn't have one of my shoes and my purse until came into a bunch of stores.

 

 

I decided to go into this pizza store. They will have to let me use the phone or bathroom. My whole body was sore and my knees were bleeding. I looked horrible, how can something like this happen to me.

 

Before walking into the store, the wiped my face and tried my best to look better. There was only one person working and when he seen me he was lost for words.

 

"May, I please use the restroom" I croaked.

 

"S-Sorry but only customers are allowed to use the restrooms" he said staring.

 

"Please" I begged. "....please"

 

"I'm sorry miss but-"

 

"Its fine she's with me" I turned to see Jonghyun. It felt as if I was in a movie. I stood there not saying anything and he did the same. He looked at me like the cashier guy.

 

"K-Kimi?" He stuttered.

 

 

A/N: AFF is acting up. >_< But any way hope you enjoyed the chapter & that you're enoying the story. :D