36

The New Kid

 

you Kimi

The words repeated through my head and I instantly felt horrible. He hates me now, I know it. Jonghyun was so nice to me but then I go and stab him in the back. I really didn't mean it but had too, it was either him or my mom. There's no way I could've chose them both.

I cuddled close to Ruffles and let the tears fall. I'm gonna be miserable after all if this is over. I will have friends but Jonghyun will continue to hate me. It will be weird hanging out with the guys and Jonghyun is there.

There was a knock on my door and my mom came in. "Kimi"

I didn't answer her instead I tried my best to make it not look like I was crying. She sat on the edge of my bed and sighed. "I'm sorry about you and Jonghyun"

"It's fine, things are just complicated right now" I replied. "I'll be fine"

"I've noticed lately you haven't been fine, in fact I think you're pretending to be happy. Now, what's going on?"

"Nothing"

"Well, if you don't want to talk to me you need to find someone else. I don't like seeing you like this Kimi" With that she left me room leaving me all twisted up in my thoughts.

She doesn't understand and probably never will. It’s not easy choosing between two people you really care about. If there was someone beyond Jonghyun's mom that could help me I would do anything, but the question is who?

Who can make sure this woman leaves me and my family alone?

I quickly sat up and gasped. It was so easy! Why didn’t I think of this before? I hopped out of bed and grabbed my phone. I'm going to put an end to this for once and for all.

--

Breathe I told myself as I neared her car. This is it, this may be the end of your troubles. You've finally figured it out.

It was a windy night and of course I was the only one at the park----well that's about to change. She got out the car with the brief case in her hand.

"I'm glad you made your decision, this is the last time I want to see you. This means leave Jonghyun alone and everything will be fine, got it?"

She handed me the brief case and before she could walk off I had to get some things off my chest. "I love Jonghyun, I really do and--"

"What are you saying?" She interrupted. "We've been through this already-"

"Just listen to me for once!"

I could tell she was a little taken back but I didn’t care, I needed to speak. "I don't know what you have against me or why you hate me so much. I know I'm not the smartest or richest person alive. I don't really have much to offer but why won't you give me a chance?"

"Look" she said sternly. "I don't have time for this,  have you broken up with him yet?"

"No" I lied.

"Well hurry up!"

I took my phone out my pocket and dialed the number. I was nervous everything wasn't going to go as planned and I might ruin this all.

"It's over" I quickly said to the guy who answered. Even though I went over this a thousand times last night I’m still nervous.

 
He hung up and I still had a moment say what I had to say. "One more thing...I wish you luck in the future, maybe today is the last day I'll ever see you again and honestly I wouldn't mind. But I just want you to know that you have an amazing son and I wish you knew him better".

I noticed that my eyes were tearing up a little. Then I heard the sirens and she froze. "Did you set me up?”

The police car quickly rushed to the scene and she launched towards me and grabbed my arm tightly. She twisted my arm around and I yelped in pain. The brief case fell to the ground and she put me in a choke hold.

I heard the police car door slam and she slowly began pulling us away.

"Ma'am" the officer said slowly pointing his gun at her. "We don't have to do this the hard way...let her go, now"

She laughed and I felt the pain building up around my neck. I tried to get her arm away from around my neck but I couldn't. I gasped my air and I faintly heard her laugh again. "If I go down you're going down too"

With all of my strength I bit her hand but she only held my neck tighter. I stopped biting her when I felt that it was getting harder for me to breathe. "...shoot...her" I mumbled, hoping the cop would hear me.

“SHOOT H-

 

I heard a loud piercing noise passed my ear causing me to freeze in my place. Finally her gripped loosened and I knew he shot her. She screamed and I fell the ground trying to breathe again. I held my chest and gasped for air.  I crawled away from her scared she was going to get back up and hurt me again.

Someone rushed to my side and I was too in shock to pay any attention to what he was saying. "Ma'am, are you alright?"

He asked me that over and over until I slowly nodded my head. Then I heard the ambulance. "I-Is s-she dead..?"

"No, she's just injured. We'll take her to the hospital but after that she'll be taken down to the jail. You have to testify everything that happened to keep her locked up for a while" he informed.

I wiped the tears from my eyes and nodded.

"Where is she!!?" A familiar voice asked impatiently.

I looked up to find my worried mom. She rushed over and hugged me. "Why didn't you tell me"? Huh?"

I knew she was about to cry and I hated that. "You could have gotten yourself killed! Are you stupid? How long has she been doing this to you? What were you thinki-"

"I'm sorry" I mumbled. “I’m so sorry, I didn’t want anything to happen to you, so I took things into my own hands. I know it was stupid but I’m sorry”

She sighed and looked at me with worried eyes. "Kimi, I can’t believe you…we have a lot to talk about tomorrow”

I nodded slowly and she kissed my forehead telling me she would be right back.

 Jonghyun mom was carried to the ambulance and honestly I didn't want to look at her. But we made eye contact for a split second and it sent chills down my back.  I turned away and look for my mom again, hoping we could go home soon.

I managed to stay alive another day and send someone to jail. Also, make someone hate me and get myself in a lot of trouble. The only thing I want to do now is go home and forget this ever happened.