16

The New Kid

 

Just thinking that the talent show was in two hours made my heart race. I couldn't believe this. They have practiced so hard and I know we have a high chance of winner. I just can't hold in my excitement! I screamed in my pillow and kicked my legs back and forth. Today was going to be such a good day. I picture if Jonghyun popped in my head and I was smiling to myself like an idiot. Jonghyun, you just don't understand what you do to me. You just don't.

 

I decided to get ready for tonight and took a long hot shower. I changed into black skinny jeans. A black and gray stripped shirt topped with a cropped black jacket. I could at least try to fit in with them. Next I did my hair by straightening it all the way and applying a little lip gloss on my lips. I hardly wear lip gloss I was more into chapstick but today was different. Finally, I sprayed a little perfume which I absolutely hate but today was special.

 

"Kimi!" My mom called from downstairs.

 

I quickly made my way downstairs to find her in the kitchen fixing some dinner. "Yes"

 

She turned around to me and gasped. "You look so pretty! Are you going on an date? Is he cute-"

 

I sighed. "No, I'm just going out with friends, I'll be back in a few hours"

 

"Stop, lying! Who is  the special boy!? Will I get to meet him"!?"

 

"I already told you that I'm just meeting with some friends, that's it."

 

Before she could bug me with more questions I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and ran back upstairs. I grabbed my phone off the bed to see I had a text from Key.

 

From: Key

Bad news. Taemin is grounded so he can't come. :(

 

 

To: Key

Noooooooooo! You guys have worked so hard, he has to come. Can we kidnap him or something?

From: Key

That is why I love you Kimi. You're so smart! We'll be by your house in ten minutes

 

Everyone loves me I thought to myself while smiling. I grabbed my bag and phone then ran down the stairs. "I'll be back later!"

 

"Have fun with your friends"

 

When we arrived at Taemin house the only thing I could say was it was huge. His parents must be rich. I couldn't really see much because it was dark outside but it was huge. I stared out the window in awe.

 

"Are you sure this is the right house?"  I asked turning to Key.

 

He nodded. "Of course"

"It may seem big to you peasants" Jonghyun said.

 

"Don't start with me baldie"

 

I smiled when I seen him get irritated. I love messing with him I thought to myself.

 

"Alright what's the plan?" Minho asked looking at me.

 

I shrugged my shoulders and turned to Key. He thought for a while then finally told us his plan. "There is a window on the side of the house which is Taemin's room. All we have to do is get to the window and force him out"

 

We all nodded and quietly made our way across the street and walked to the side of his house. I bet we looked like a bunch of thieves, hopefully he doesn't have any nosey neighbors. His window wasn't that far up but it wasn't close to the ground either. There was no way one of us was going to reach the window.

 

"Okay what now?"Onew asked loudly.

 

"Sssssshhh!!" We all said in unison.

 

"Someone thats tall enough needs to get on Minho's back and then he can lift them up to the window" Key suggested.

 

We all looked at Jonghyun and laughed."Well we can eliminate Jonghyun.

 

I bet he was glaring at us but it was dark so I couldn't make out his facial expression. "How about Kimi do it, she weighs about 30 pounds I'm sure she can do it"

 

"Nooooo" I protested. There was no way I was going to risk my life. No way in hell.

"Please" They begged. "We only have an hour to get to the talent show"

 

Don't do it Kimi. Don't do it Kimi. Do not do it Kimi. I couldn't continue to do whatever they wanted me. I was not going to be a er again. No. No. No.

 

"Come on, Kimi." Jonghyun said. I know he was doing this on purpose.

 

I finally gave up and decided to do it. I climbed onto Minho's back and stood omg his shoulders. He grunted when he lifted me up I thought I was going to break his bone or something. I thought I was going to fall too. I can't believe I'm doing this.

He breathed heavily. "You're...heavy..what h-hurry up"

 

I knocked on Taemin's window lightly and there was no answer. "Taemin"I whispered. No reply. I knocked on his window harder.
The curtain was pushed away and there was Taemin looking scared and with a butter knife in his hand.

 

"Kimi?" He asked surprised.

 

I nodded slowly, shocked that he was holding a knife in his hand. What if I broke through his window and he stabbed me?

He quickly opened the window and pulled inside. I fell on the floor and backed away from him. "Its really me. Don't stab me or anything"

 

"I'm so sorry. I thought you were a burglar" he laughed rubbing the back of his head. "Anyway, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you guys be at the talent show?"

 

I got off  of the floor and smiled. "Yep, but we're missing someone important"

 

He thought about it for a moment. I know that Taemin is younger than us but it's not that hard to figure out.

 

"I wish I could go but I can't. My parents will kill me if they know I left"

 

"Look, you've worked really hard and this is your chance to get notice for your amazing dance skills. We will only be gone for a couple of hours" I explained. "As soon as its over Key take you back home"

 

He flopped on his bed and sighed. I know his not the type to disobey his parents but this was really important. I smiled at him encouraging him to say yes. "Please"

 

"Okay but I have to find away to trick my parents so they think I'm still here"

 

"No problem. Just go down and tell that you're tired and going to bed then go change"

 

When he left I went to the window to see what were they doing.

 

"Taemin's coming" I said trying to say it as softly as possible.

 

"Yes!" I heard Onew say.

 

"Okay, now hurry up" Jonghyun said.

 

"Shut up baldie"

 

I turned back around and waited for Taemin to come back. I looked at my phone and we had less than an hour to be there.

I hope everything goes well I said to myself. After five minutes and Taemin wasn't back yet I decided to look at some pictures around his room.

I picked up a picture of Taemin and he looked so young and innocent. I smiled and sat it back down. There was another picture and it was with Key, Jonghyun, Onew and Minho. They were all smiling I guess that picture was old too but they looked young.

 

"Alright I'm ready"

 

I quickly sat the picture down and turned around to him. He looked at me funny and I just smiled. I hope he doesn't think I was snooping around well I was...kinda.

 

"I hope you weren't snooping around" he said eyeing me.

 

I shook my head. "Me? Never, but come on we have to go"

 

I pulled him towards the window and he pulled away. "Are we going out the window?"

 

"Yeah, there isn't another way to go, unless your parents are fine with you sneaking out and going out the front door"

 

"My life have never been so adventurous until I met you" he laughed.

 

I smiled back and patted his shoulder. "I get that a lot"

 

Taemin was first to climb out the window and Minho got him on the ground safely. Now it was my turn. I took a deep breath and said a bunch of prayers. Please don't let me die. Please don't let me die.

 

Me being the clumsy person I am, my foot slipped and I fell right on top of Minho. How freaking embarrassing.

 

"G-get off..of...me"

 

I quickly got up and apologized about twenty times. "I'm so sorry, I don't know what I was thinking"

 

He propped himself up with his elbows and shook his head. "You're not as small as you look"

 

Before I could apologize again I heard Jonghyun mumble 'fat '.

 

Jonghyun P.O.V.

 

As we neared the school I was getting nervous. This was my first time ever performing for something like this. What if we don't win and everything we worked for went to waste? No, Jonghyun you have to think positive.

We made our way backstage and the talent show had already started. Luckily we're the last to perform.

I watched the girl who was performing, she sung and she was pretty good. I bet there a lot of people that were good. What if we don't have a chance?

 

"Are you nervous?"

 

I turned to see Kimi. Right now I really didn't want to see her. In a few minutes I was going to perform a song about the person I dislike the most.

 

"Nope" I lied. "I'm ready to wow the crowd with my good looks and my voice"

 

I winked at her and she rolled her eyes. I noticed she still had her bracelet I gave her.

"Did you mean blind the crowd with your baldness?"

 

I smirked because I didn't have a good comeback. "You're really something, you know that?"

 

"Yep, but anyway good luck baldie" she said before walking away.

 

Kimi P.O.V.

 

There was one more group to perform until SHINee. I was so excited. I took a peak of the crowd and it was a full house. I know thar they'll do good tonight, they just have to.

 

"Ladies and Gentleman I know present you with Miss A!" The guy announced.

 

Miss A? That's a weird group name. Oh wait SHINee is too. The girls came onto the stage and I almost choked. That was Min! Like Jonghyun girlfriend Min. The cheating Min. This couldn't be real, she never mentioned that she was going to perform.

Her and the three other girls that I've never seen before got into their dance positions and then the show began.

When the song played I stood there with my mouth wide open. That was our song. That was the song Jonghyun wrote. And those were the dance moves Key and Taemin made. I was beyond shocked. This wasn't really happening to us. No no no.

 

Then finally it hit me. Min has been pretending to be my friend and hang around us non stop. She was making out with Donghae...and that's probably how she got the song. That little lying . This whole time she has been using us, and Jonghyun.

I couldn't take this anymore. I couldn't believe this was happening and to make it worse the crowd was enjoying the song. What are we going to do? I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed.

 

I needed to find Key quickly.

 

"I don't know what to say" I said to him as he watched. He was angry and everyone else was too. I can't believe we was so stupid to fall for her stupid tricks.

 

"I didn't know she was like that. I knew she was a but I didn't think she would stoop this low." Taemin said in disbelief.

 

"She practically went behind Jonghyun's back" Minho added.

 

I forgot all about Jonghyun! "Have you guys seen him?"

Everyone shook their head and I knew I had to find him. I checked back stage and he was nowhere to be found


Where could he have gone? I asked a random girl if she seen a short guy with multicolored hair and she pointed towards the back door. I thanked her and quickly ran out the door. I hope he didn't leave.

 

When I got outside he was looking over the rail and his back was facing me. I didn't want to bother him or make him angrier.

 

"Jonghyun"

 

He didn't say anything or move. I was scared to come closer it say anymore. "I won't ask if you're okay because apparently you aren't. I honestly don't know what to say to make this better or-"

 

"Can you leave me alone?" He hissed.

 

He took me by surprise and I quickly stepped back.

 

"Do you want to quit?" I asked. I don't even know why I was asking this. I've been waiting weeks for this day.

He put his head on the rail and sighed. "Why do things like this happen to me?"

 

"Because you're Jonghyun?"

 

Wait. Why did I say that? I sound like an idiot. I mentally slapped myself, I need to watch what I say from now on.

"You at cheering someone up" he said. "And before you speak, think."

Before I could say anything else he turned around and walked back inside. Way to go Kimi you're so smart I thought. I was always making things worse.

 

Think before you speak. Think before you speak. Think before you speak I old myself.

 

When I got back inside Min was just getting off the stage but I couldn't give her a peace of my mind. I needed to give the guys some good luck before they went onto the stage.

 

"Alright group meeting everyone!" I announced.

 

We all came together into a circle. "No matter what happens tonight I want you guys to know I'm glad to have you as friends and that I care about you guys a lot"

 

"Group hug!" Onew yelled. We all came in for a big hug and I felt so happy. I hope they do really good.

 

"SHINee Fighting!!"

 

I looked over at Jonghyun and he was smiling I knew it was only temporary but that was better than nothing.

 

"Last but not least is a group named SHINee!" The guy announced. The crowd cheered and I felt my stomach turn. I think I had the butterflies. The last came on and there they were. They were all in their positions looking better than ever.

When the music played I looked at the crowd’s reaction which was confused, but when the dancing and singing began that changed. Taemin was dancing his heart out and Jonghyun was hitting those notes. Onew and Key were amazing. Minho and his rapping was amazing. I thought every girl in the crowd was going to faint when they seen Minho. I'm positive that he's popular with the ladies.

When baby faced Taemin and Key did their dance solo the crowd went crazy. Even though I seen them dance a thousand times I still thought it was cool.

 

I caught myself singing along and dancing too. I have to say the song was catchy and I didn't know Jonghyun could right a song like that. I bet it was about Min too. Too bad things had to turn out like this, she should be ashamed of herself.

 

When the song ended everyone cheered, including me. I don't know what I'm so happy about but I am. They announcer brought all of the contestants onto the stage and now it was time for the audience to decide. Four groups and a few dancers and solo people were booted off and all was left was Miss A and SHINee.

 

I crossed my fingers and closed my eyes. Please please please.please let them win I repeated to myself.

"Alright now we're down to the last two groups!"

 

"If you liked Miss A make some noise!”

 

The crowd cheered and even people got up and clapped. Okay, a lot of people clapped.

 

"Now make some noise for SHINee!!"

 

I was the first one to clap. I didn't care if I looked like an idiot but I wasn't the only one. Almost everyone got up and cheered. A huge smile crossed my face and I couldn't hold in my happiness.

 

"And it looks like the winner is....SHINee!"

 

"Yes!!" I screamed. "That's SHINee and they won! They won!!"

 

I ran onto the stage gave them another hug. "You guys did it! I knew you could."

 

When we pulled away Minho grabbed the microphone.

 

"I just want to say..we couldn't have done this without a special someone. Thanks a lot Kimi. You are truly a good person"

I bet I was redder than a tomato. I stood on the stage smiling awkwardly. I heard the crowd say "Awe!" and it made it even worse.

 

I gave him another hug and after we all took a bunch of pictures. Some people were really impressed with the group that they wanted to feature them online, and some newspapers. At the end of the day I was happy and they were happy. That's all that really matters.