3

The New Kid

 

When I got home last night my parents were so pissed off. I think they were more concerned about how I looked than what actually happened. I knew I looked a mess but they didn't have to keep telling me that. Mr. Lee called them and told them I had detention for a whole month and now they took away my phone and computer. The computer was my life, it was everything I need, without that I'm not home. The computer is my baby, my homie, my home skillet biscuit, it is important. I need it. Now I couldn't call Luna and tell her about my first day. I really need someone to talk to.

 

Of course I didn't argue with my parents about the situation. I just nodded and walked to my room and got prepared for pain that was coming soon. My dog Ruffles was lying on my bed looking at me. I guess he could tell I was in pain. Ruffles could always tell when something was wrong. I've had him since I was 13, I found him on the street and I begged my parents to let us keep him and finally they agreed. I don't know why I named him Ruffles I guess I really like that name. And it's cute.

 

I rubbed his soft brown fur and kissed him lightly on the head. "Today has been such an adventure"

I laid back down on my bed and looked up at the ceiling and I caught myself thinking about Jonghyun. I was think about how he's such a bad boy but its you know, I kind if like it. Noooo, Kimi you don't like this yku dont like any of this. Jonghyun equals bad. His faced popped up in my head and I slapped myself. I couldn't think about him. I hate him. I pulled the cover over me and snuggled close to Ruffles.

I hate Jonghyun. I hate Jonghyun. I hate Jonghyun. And finally, I fell asleep.

 

                                                                                                                   Jonghyun P.O.V.

 

The new girl. Eh, I don't know what I think about her. She has guts for an girl. But my revenge isn't over. When you mess with Jonghyun it never ends smoothly. Never.

I smiled to myself thinking about how much truoble she has caused me in one day. I had to give her props she's smart. That Kimi kid seems alright I guess, it'll be fun messing around with her some more.

                                                                                                                      Kimi P.O.V.

 

Today, I didn't as many stares as I did yesterday. Thank God for that. But many people did greet me saying "Aren't you that girl that started thar food fight" I would nod clearly trying to get off of that subject, but this one kid kept talking to me. He had short, curly brown hair and he was so cute and innocent looking. I knew right then I couldn't flip him off and tell him to leave me alone. So I continued to walk trying to ignore him.

I walked faster to my locker hoping he would leave but I turned around and there he was following behind. I sighed, I wonder what will happen today?
I turned the dial on the locker and tried my best to get my stuff without making eye contact with that guy.

 

"Can I help you?" I asked trying to sound polite as possible.

 

He smiled cutely and stuck his hand out towards me. "Hello, I'm Taemin" I shook his hand and I  smiled back.

 

"I just wanted to say, I think you're really cool. No one has ever stood up to Jonghyun that like"

 

"Oh its no big deal, anyone could have done that"

 

He shook his head. "But you're the first one, ever"

 

What is so freaking special about Jonghyun that makes everyone so afraid of him. Seriously. He is just like everyone else. I don't think I did anything special I just don't like getting pushed around.

 

"Anyway I have to get to class, catch you later" he called, as he quickly walked the other way. I'll this Taemin kid later. I want to ask him a bunch of questions. I kept relating his name in my head so I wouldn't forget. It's hard for me to remember names. I checked the clock and noticed I  only have a minute before I was late. I glanced around and seen people clearing out of the halls. How could I have not seen this, I myself.

 

I rushed trying to get to my class which was down stairs. I groaned at the thought of going down all of those steps. I gahthered up enough strength and hurriedly ran down the steps. I made a left and that's when I seen Jonghyun rushing to class too. And I knew then he was trying to get his seat.

We both seen each other and I guess we were thinking the same thing. I was going to get that seat first, no matter what. I ran towards the door and I could see myself getting closer and so was he. I was about two seconds away from the door when the bell ranged and my teacher quickly shut the door in my face. " Wait, you have to let me in!"

 

I tried talking to my him through the small glass window to let ne in but he quickly found something to cover it. I was never late. I always had perfect attendence and I was always on time. I felt like slapping myself. Yah! Why is everything changing now!?

 

"This is all your fault" I pouted, while throwing my bag on the floor and eventually I sat down too. "Stupid"

 

"How is this is my fault?" He asked. "You're only late, stop taking everything so serious"

 

Whatever. What does he know? He doesn't know anything about me and i don't take everything serious. I just care about things a lot more than he does. Good grades and school are very important.

 

"How about you lighten up and we skip class?" He suggested. Skipping class was for loser. I actually enjoy learning and being in class. If I git caught skipping class my parents would seriously kill me, there is no way around it. Also, that means I'll miss some of my assignments. If that happens then I wouldn't have all A's in which I'm striving for.

"Are you crazy?" I snapped. "There is no way I'm skipping.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Whatever you say"

This guy. What is wrong with him? Why is he so like this? Why does he thinking skipping class and being an to people is so cool? That's the last thing I would want in someone. I just don't understand and I guess I never will.

We waited outside for about five more minutes and I finally he opened the door. I dashed inside and of course I got into the seat first.

"You're already late Kimi, and now you're making a class disturbance. That is not a wise decision" Mr. Yi advised.

 

"I'm sorry"

 

The class went by faster than expected. I constantly looked over at Jonghyun just to look at him. Today he looked nice, well I guess that's everyday. He didn't look up once and I'm glad I didn't want him to see that I was looking at him.

 

In between my classes I looked for Taemin and I couldn't find him. Finally, it was time for lunch and that's when I seen him.

 

"Hey" he said happily, while placing a pile of food on his tray

.

"Are you going to eat all of that?"

 

"I may be small but I can eat a lot"

 

I stared at his plate in awe. There was no way that one person can way a plate of Spaghetti, salad, corn, and a huge slice of cake. Oh and I forgot to mention the coke.


"Well we'll see"

 

We paid for lunch and walked towards the table I sat at yesterday. And there he was, Jonghyun.

"I guess you haven't learned from yesterday huh?"

 

                                                                                                                         Jonghyun P.O.V.

 

"I guess you haven't learned from yesterday huh?" I . 

 

She smirked and shook her head. "Nope"

 

I laughed, she is such a pain in the . I just want to eat my lunch and talk with my friends and not having to deal with her. And speaking of friends, is that Taemin behind her?

 

"Taemin, what're you doing, you sit with us"

 

He looked around like he was scared or something and was about to sit down when Kimi stepped in frontbof him.

 

"Clearly he doesn't want to sit with you" she said.

 

Wait. Taemin always sat with us. I've known him for a long time, he's one of my best friends and she's not taking him away.

 

"Taemin, tell this idiot to mind her business and leave" I snapped.

 

He looked uneasy and bit his lip. "I'm sorry Jonghyun, but I want to sit with Kimi today"

 

Kimi smiled at me before walking off with Taemin. I couldn't believe he left me for her. Well at least I still have Minho, Key and Onew. Good thing they are real friends and wouldn't leave me for some girl.

 

"I don't know what's going on with Taemin today" I mumbled, turning around to my other friends. And surprisingly, I was sitting at the table by myself. Where the hell did they go!? I searched around the cafeteria and there they were sitting down at the table with Kimi.

 

First, she gets me a month of dentention, she  ruins my reputation and now she has stole my friends. What else is she capable of? I don't even want to find out. I sat at the table and decided to just eat my lunch, which was hard. I bet people were gossiping about how I'm sitting alone. I was never alone, I've had someone besides me. Now this was taking everything.   

 

                                                                                           Kimi P.O.V.

 

Jonghyun looked kind of pissed off sitting over there alone. I felt kind of bad but then good at the same time. I mean I met a few more people and those people were friends of Jonghyun. I know I would be mad if someone took my friends away from me. I felt like going to sit next to him but I knew he hated me so that wouldn't he a good idea.

 

I snapped myself out of the idea and finished talking with my new friends. The really tall one that reminded me of a turtle was Minho. The Onew was the cute nerdy one. And Key was the one that reminded me of a cat and had a really good fashion taste. He made what I was wearing look horrible compared to his outfit that looked like that came out of a magazine.

 

" Don't you guys think, Jonghyun looks a little...you know....lonely" I mentioned while stuffing spaghetti in my mouth.

Everyone looked over at him and turned around shaking their heads.

 

"He looks fine to me" Minho answered. We all laughed but I couldn't help but to feel a little bad.

 

For the rest of lunch we talked about the newest songs that were out and which were our favorites.
"I really like Lovey Dovey by T-ara"

 

Key and Taemin agreed and before you knew it we were singing the chorus. 


"Lovey Dovey dovey Uh uh uh uh, Lovey Dovey Dovey uh uh uh uh" I wailed.

 

"Please stop" Onew laughed. "You sounded horrible" They all nodded agreeing with Onew.

 

"Come on guys, you know it wasn't that bad"

 

"I thought it sounded nice" Taemin spoke up.

 

I quickly turned to him and chuckled. "Thank you, I know it sounded really goo---

 

"I was just joking, that was horrible!!!"

 

They all burst out into laughter. I just sat there and glared at them. They were a bunch of haters, I know I wasn't that bad. They act like they can do any better"

"Well how about you guys sings" I retorted.

 

They looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders, and agreed to.

 

"What should we sing" Onew asked while taking a bite of some chicken.

 

"Doesn't matter"

 

They whispered among themselves trying to decide on a song. I couldn't wait for this. I bet they were going to make a fool out of themselves. If they're able to sing then I'll respect them for eternity. But I doubt they can.

They got ready and soon they began to sing. I don't know shat song it was but that didn't matter with their voices. Wow. They sounded so perfect and in sync. What the hell? When they were finished the whole cafeteria was quiet and looking at them.

Wow, didn't I feel stupid.

 

"We need Jonghyun for it to be perfect" Key said.

 

I was so shocked and taken back
They were so freaking good. I can't even explain. If that sounded that good without Jonghyun, I can't even imagine how they would sound with him. Right now I was so mind blown.

 

"How was it?" Taemin asked.

 

"You g-guys were..a-amazing.." I stuttered.

 

They all smiled and shrugged their shoulders. "It was nothing"

 

I couldn't explain what was going on in my mind right now.
I couldn't even think straight. They really just proved me wrong, no one has ever done that. And they sung so good. What is going on? I looked over at Jonghuyun and he was looking over at us. He seen me looking and quickly turned away. I wonder what Jonghyun sounded like.

I finished the rest of the thinking about how they sung so well. I couldn't come to the fact that they proved me wrong. I shook the thought from my head and went made my way to detention. Today we had to clean out the old music room because the school recently got a new one.

I was about to open the door when I heard something from the inside. It sounded like someone was singing. I put my ear closer to the door to try to hear it better, but the door wasn't fully closed. Which caused me to lean into the door which flew wide opened, and I fell.

"What's wrong with you! You scared the out of me"

 

I looked and seen Jonghyun. He had a guitar in his hand and he looked pissed. "I'm sorry, I didnt mean to scare you"

 

I quickly got up and brushed myself off. That was so embarrassing. Maybe next tome when I'm trying to be nosy and listen through a door, I should make sure the door is closed.

 

"Alright, lets get this over with" he mumbled.

 

He was getting ready to move some instruments when I stopped him. "Could you play something on the guitar?"

 

He stopped whatvhe was doing then thought about it. "No."

 

"Please" I begged. "Just one thing!"

 

I used aeygo hoping it would work on him. No one could resist me then. It always work on everyone.

"Ew. Stop please" he laughed.

 

I pouted, no one has ever said 'Ew' well I only used it on my parents and they always thought I was cute. "But it always work on my parents"

"Yeah, probably because they wanted you to stop" he replied.

 

I was lost for words. I've been doing this for years and now someone tells me I look like an idoit . I'll make sure I ask my parents when I get home, I bet they'll say its perfect. Jonghyun is just jealous because It looked fabolous.

 

"Anyway" I snapped. "How about you play the guitar"

 

"Remember earlier today at lunch? I'm still pissed off about what happened. So, I will not play for you"

 

"It's not my fault I'm cool" I laughed. "You're just jealous"

 

He sighed then sat his guitar down. "Look, you're not cool, you're annoying. I rather stick pens in my eyes than be here with you. So please just shut up and lets get this over with"

 

I have to admit, that really did hurt. I don't consider myself as annoying. No one has ever told me I was annoying. I don't I've met anyone who is as mean as Jonghyun. I never did anything to him. Well....I have but that doesn't mean he has to act like a . I thought maybe there was way could try and be friends but I guess that wasn't going to work out. And he told me to shut up. That was rude, but I shut up because I guess he's right.

I didn't speak for the rest of the day. We just moved the instruments in silence. It was really awkward not talking to someone you were looking at  every five seconds. I tried my best to avoid eye contact but of course I looked at him when I thought he wasn't looking. He was so hot. Damn. Even though he hates me and I hate him in some weird way, I'm the luckiest girl ever... I get to see him everyday for five days.

 

Its funny how I've him for two days and I'm already acting like this. I've never really had a crush on anyone in the past, but now it had all changed. Also, there are a lot of people out here to like and I'm just lucky enough to like someone who hates me. Cool.