23

The New Kid

 

No you don't belong here I told myself as I neared the building where the prom was being held. I nibbled on my nails and turn around then turned back around. I couldn't make up my mind. Did I want to go home or go to prom. The home option isn't that bad.

I thought about my friends and how I promised them that I would go, but I'm starting to rethink about that promise. I groaned out loud as I couldn't make up my mind.

"Why am I like this?" I asked aloud.

Now I was talking to myself, I really need some help. I stopped and took some feel breaths. Inhale...Exhale I repeated. I'm going to try and have fun. I won't worry about Jonghyun, Min, Kai or anyone else. I wont let them ruin my night.

I fixed my hair and dress. I have to make sure I'm still looking nice. Luna spent a lot of time making sure I look pretty. She even add extensions to my hair and she even made me wear makeup and heels.

Well here goes nothing I muttered to myself as I walked inside.

---

 

Jonghyun P.O.V.

"Is he here?" I asked Sunny as she was looking through the crowd for her date.

She turned to me and looked worried. "I don't see him. What about you?"

"Nope?" I replied. "I'm sure they will come"

She smiled. "In that case, how about we have one dance"

 

Kimi P.O.V.

 

I knew I shouldn't have came, people were already staring at me. I looked on the dance floor and I couldn't find anyone I knew. Probably I should go home, I feel really awkward.

When I came in almost everyone in a ten foot range turned around and looked at me. I didn't know what to say it do.

"Wow, is that really Kimi?" Someone said.

I stood there speechless. Why was everyone looking at me like this?

I felt someone link their arm with mine, I looked up to see Key. He smiled down at me. "Is this the Kimi I know?"

"Do I really look that different?" I asked shyly. He nodded and i looked down at the floor. I guess that's a good thing.

"You look really pretty"

"Thanks"

"Come on, let’s dance I like this song" he led me towards the dance floor and I protested.

I do not know how to dance. That is one thing I'm horrible at and I don't want to embarrass myself.

"Key, I can't dance and I can barely walk in these heels" I complained.

I can't believe he was making me do this. He ignored my complaints and began to move with the music while I stood there awkwardly. I laughed as he continued to dance, he was amazing.

"Come on and move something!" He called over the music.

I shook my head but he grabbed my wrist and began to move them.

"Key, this is so embarrassing"

I knew he wasn't going to let me go and the only way to make him stop was to dance. But I'm determined not to embarrass myself so I stood there.

"Alright, I'm done!" He laughed.

 

I was about to give him a piece of my mind until I spotted Jonghyun. He was dancing with Sunny. He looks good in his tuxedo. I wish that was me he was me that he was holding but it's not.

Key turned back to see what I was looking at. "Don't worry about him, just have fun..okay?"

I nodded. I looked back over at Jonghyun to see that he was looking at me. I quickly looked away and made my way over to the snack bar. Food is the only thing that can calm me down right now.

There was so much food, that I couldn't choose. I decided to go with the fruit. I grabbed a plate and filled it with fruit then stuffed my mouth. Stupid Jonghyun and his stupid girlfriend. Stupid me for liking him!

 

"Hey fatass"

I slowly turned around to be face with Jonghyun. I almost choked on fruit when I noticed how close we were. I moved back quickly and he laughed.

"Leave me alone" I mumbled, while still chewing my food. I turned the other way hoping that he would leave but he didn't.

He came close to me again. "Did I  do something wrong?"

I wanted to shout at him a bunch of reasons why I'm mad at him. I'm mad at him because he always play with me like this and be doesn't like me. I'm mad at him because I wanted him to ask me out but he didn't. As I think about it I should be mad at myself for all of this.

"Jonghyun, leave me alone"

 

I couldn't look him in the eyes. I'm mad at him but I don't want to. It's not his fault, right? "Shouldn't you be with Sunny? In sure she's waiting for you"

I heard him chuckle and I looked up at him. "Sunny is with her date"

"What?" I asked confused.

But she was his date, he even said so himself. I'm really confused. "I thought you two were-"

I didn't notice how close we were until I felt his lips on mine. Jonghyun sweet lips were on mine. Jonghyun was kissing me...oh Jonghyun was kissing me!

I felt like I was on cloud nine. This was totally different from when Kai kissed me. My whole body  felt weak and my heart was going crazy.

When he pulled away I didn't know what to say. "I like you Kimi. I like you a lot"

 

Those are the words  I dreamed of Jonghyun saying to me one day. And now he is telling me he likes me. Is serious or is he playing with me?

"Say something" he said.

"Something"

He sighed. "When someone confesses to you, you're suppose to reply.

I didn't know what to say so instead I pretended I had to go use the restroom. "I-I'll...be back'

I rushed to the restroom to clear my head, luckily no one in there. I rested my hands on the sink and looked in the mirror. Is it the makeup or the dress? There is no way in hell Jonghyun likes me...its just not possible.

I shook my head. "No, no, no, no"

He's just playing with me, like he always does. But he has never kissed me before. Maybe he does.like me. But I'm not like the girls he has dated, in fact I'm nowhere near it.

I'm freaking out and I don't know to what do. Jonghyun is always making things difficult for me, why can't things be simple?

I heard the door open in the bathroom and Sunny came in. When I seen her I gave her a small wave. She waved back and smiled.

"You look pretty"

"Thank you, so do you"

She went the mirror to check her makeup and dress but she looked fine. "Jonghyun has been looking for you, have you seen him?"

"Yep.."

She finished applying her eyeliner then she turned to me. "You don't sound happy, he's been talking about you all night"

"M-Me?"

She nodded. Why would Jonghyun talk about me to Sunny?

"Didnt he tell you?" She asked me. I shook my head and she told me that I need to go talk to him. But I don't want to talk to him, I'm scared that he's going to say that he was just kidding or something.

After Sunny left I made my way out of the bathroom and looked for Jonghyun. I finally spotted him.leaning against the wall looking cool. If I would've seen this a few hours ago I would have been smiling like an idiot. But not now, everything is too awkward.

He smirked when he seen me approaching him. Before I could say anything to him he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the dance floor.

Here we go again.

"Nooo" I said pulling away. "We need to talk"

"I won’t talk unless you dance with me" he said. "Just one dance"

Then I was lucky enough for a slow song to come on. There was no way I was dancing with him to a song like. "Come on, all of the couples are dancing except for us"

I looked around to see that he was right. Every couple were in each others arms and swaying to the music and then there was me and Jonghyun...looking weird. "I-I can't dance"

He pulled me closer to him and placed his hands lightly on my waist. It felt so weird and I didn't know where I was suppose to put my hands.

But I guess he could read my mind. "Around the neck would be  nice"

I hesitantly wrapped my arms around his neck. My heart was beating like crazy. I can't believe that this is actually happening to me. First, Jonghyun kisses me. Never in a million years would I expect that to happen...never.

"Kimi?" I heard Jonghyun say

"Yeah"

"We aren't moving"

I finally noticed that we've been awkwardly standing there in each other’s embrace.

"We'll just move side to side, is that okay?" He asked. I nodded.and we began to 'dance'.

We were quiet for awhile until Jonghyun decided to break the ice. "You look pretty"

He said I look pretty. Can I just die right now? If I wasn't in his arms I could fall out. I wonder If this is the Jonghyun that I know.

 

"...um you too" I replied.

Wait, did I just call a boy pretty?

He laughed and I felt like an idiot. I can't believe I just said that. "I mean..you aren't pretty because you're a guy...soo-"

"I know that you meant y, but its okay we all make mistakes" he whispered in my ear.

"Of course, baldie"

"You still haven't said anything about my confession"

I stopped moving and looked up at him. "Why me?"

"Is me liking you a bad thing?" He said.

"No..its just not normal. I wouldn't expect someone like you to go for someone like me."

 

He smirked and planted a kiss on my forehead. I looked away from him so he couldn't see that I was blushing.

This is the perfect chance to tell him that I like him. You can do Kimi. You can do it. You can do it.

"Jonghyun" I began. "I like you too, okay? I've liked you from the first day I seen you. I know it sounds crazy but it's true"

I heard him chuckle. "I'm glad to hear that."

I smiled at him. I was happy, really happy. Now things couldn't be better I have Jonghyun,life is good. What more can I have? Now there is just one thing I'm still confused about.

"I'm still confused about the whole situation with you and Sunny"

"Remember, when I told you about the girl I was scared to ask I out?" He asked. "That girl was you"

Whoa, Jonghyun was scared to ask me out. If anything I should've been the one scared. If he'd ask me out to prom I would've said yes in a heartbeat.

"I was going to ask you out but then I found out you were going with Sunny" I said. "So are you two together or what?"

He took a deep breath and we continued to sway to the music. "Our parents want us to date but we both already has someone we already like. So we decided to go to prom but when we get there we would go our separate ways. Sunny was the one I was meeting with on that day we seen my mom at the cafe."

Ahh, now that explains a lot. If their parents arranged for them to date, wouldn't that mean an arranged marriage? If that's the case then I wouldn't have a chance with him...again. I don't want to hear what he has to say about that topic so decided not to mention it.

"Will we still be able to you know......date?" I asked shyly.

"Yep, but we have to be careful. If our parents find out that me and Sunny ate dating other people, I think they'll freak" he told me.

I really don't want my first relationship to be a secret. I didn't expect to date someone who is suppose to be dating someone else. I never thought their mother would hate me too. As I'm starting to think about this, I'm beginning to second guess this. 


"I can tell by the way you're looking you don't want to give this a try, am I right"

"Kinda, I just don't want to cause trouble with your mom, Sunny's parents or Sunny" I admitted. "And I don't want a relationship where everything is a secret."

He looked down and me and lifted my chin. "I know all of this isn't normal but can you at least give it a chance. If it doesn't work out then we can forget it, okay?"

 

"Alright, but don't mess this up baldie"

"I won't"

----

After having a long talk with Jonghyun and messing with the guys I have to say that prom was really fun. I had so much fun that didn't want to leave.

Jonghyun agreed to take me home and we spent the whole ride messing with each other like always. Before I could get out of the car he pulled me in for a kiss. And I can literally say I almost fainted.

"Good night" he breathed.

I was speechless.

"Kimi?"

I snapped out of my trance and laughed awkwardly. "G-Good Night, baldie"

I got out his car and almost fell. Why must I be so awkward? I quickly made my way inside my house and when I closed the door I ran to my mom’s room to tell her what happened.