19

The New Kid

 

Was it me or was everyone staring at me as I walked into school? I'm trying my best to ignore it when everywhere I walk people are snickering and looking at me funny. Probably I shouldn't have come to school today, if I see Kai's face I don't know what I'll do.

 

"That's her" someone said pointing me out to someone else. Do they think I'm deaf or blind?

 

And the rest of the day was no better. In class everyone watched as I sat down in my seat. Did I do something wrong? The stares were beginning to scare me, what have I done?

 

I began to chew on my pencil. I can't wait until school is out I think I last two more minutes in here.

That isn't the only thing she chews on" someone whispered.

 

I froze when I heard those words come out of their mouth. I didn't have the guts to confront them, so I remained quiet. There has to ne some mistake here, there has to be.

 

The rest of class I couldn’t focus on the work.

 

That isn't the only thing she chews on

 

I think that is going to hunt me for the rest of my life.

 

When the bell ranged I quickly flew out of class and went to my locker. Just a few more hours and you'll be out of here I told myself. I opened my locker and there were a bunch of papers. I don't remember this being there last Friday. I opened one of the slips and in big letters was the word ''

 

I checked the rest of the papers and there were a bunch of nasty stuff about me that wasn't true. This is what people was laughing about earlier. Kai must have spread some rumors about me. I know I told Jonghyun but I doubt he would tell anyone, he promised me he wouldn't.

 

I can't believe Kai would do this, is he trying to make my life hell? The papers began to fall out of my locker.

 

"Look what we have here" someone said picking up a slip. I tried to snatch it out of his hand but he was too quick.

 

She snickered. "You actually believed Kai would date someone like you? You really are an idiot"

 

The hallway erupted with laughter while I sat in the floor looking down at the floor. My arms shook as I was about to cry. The tears fell and landed on the papers leaving dark spots. I don’t care anymore, I don't. I want to get far away from this school and never come back. I wish I didn't move here in the place.

 

"Desperate girls like you will do anything for attention" she sneered.

 

Attention? That's the last thing I wanted unless it was from Jonghyun. And the only thing I wanted with Kai was attention and looked what I got. I have the attention I want now and I bet it isn't going anywhere. It's just going to ruin my life. I will never make the same mistake again.

 

The bell ranged for lunch and I sat there until everyone cleared out of the halls. I wiped my face and picked up all of the papers and ripped them up. I dumped then into the thrash before heading to the bathroom.

 

I fixed myself up making sure I looked alright. As I looked into the mirror, I saw me. The regular Kimi I've been looking at for years. You barely see the scars that I got on Saturday. Flashbacks of what happened invaded my mind and I had to take a couple of breaths to calm myself down.

 

Just a few more hours

 

The cafeteria was crowded like always but I still decided to eat lunch since I didn't have any breakfast. No one said anything to me in the lunch line, they were all busy complaining about how bad lunch was. But me, I was grateful for the sandwiches that were being served. I paid for my lunch and as I walked to my seat I totally forgot about them.

 

I forgot about the guys. I was a out to turn and seat somewhere else until me and Onew looked at each other. They'll think it's weirs if I turned away I thought to myself. Just sit down and eat then leave. I took my seat by Minho and I could already feel everyone's eyes on me.

 

I'm sure they have heard the rumors, especially Key. He was really popular with everyone. I bit down on my sandwich ignoring everyone but I could tell Jonghyun was still looking at me. I was nervous I couldn't the rest of my sandwich. I wanted to run out of the cafeteria and seriously never come back or have contact with anyone from this school.

 

I decided to try and drink some water and maybe that'll calm me down.

 

But before I could finish drinking my purse was sat on the table and I almost choked looking at it. "You left your purse in my car Saturday night."

He said it loud enough for everyone at the table could hear. I froze in my seat. Everything stopped. I cant take this anymore, I will not continue to let him bully me like this.

 

"Kai!" I yelled getting up from my seat.

 

I could feel the anger boiling inside of me.

 

He abruptly stopped walking and slowly turned around. There was a smirk and his face. Just looking at him made me sick. Hearing his name made me angry. Being in the same room with him disgusts me.

 

"You think this is funny! Do you think spreading rumors about people is okay!?" The cafeteria went silent.

 

"Don't act like the victim here" he simply said.

 

The way he's not taking me seriously is what's making me mad. This whole situation is serious and he thinks this is a joke. "Kai, I hate you. I really do"

 

"You'll understand one day, payback is a " I hissed.

 

I noticed that my whole body was shaking.

 

He scoffed. "Nothing will change what you did. It's for fault for being a . I tried to warn you but you insisted-"

 

"If you say one more thing about her, I promise you I'll hurt you" I turned back to see Jonghyun.

 

I didn't want Jonghyun to get involved in this. I've already caused him enough trouble but this will only add.

 

"I won't allow you to talk about Kimi like that"

 

That was a familiar voice. It was Key. "K-Key"

 

He smiled at me and I looked at him in disbelief.

 

"I always stick with my friends, so I'm not allowing it either" Taemin said standing up. He gave me the thumbs up and I was speechless. Before I knew it both Onew and Minho were standing up. I can't believe they were taking up for me. But I can't allow them to get in trouble because me.

 

"You are really something, eh?" Kai laughed. "All of you idiots standing up for this "

 

"What did you say!?" Jonghyun launched towards Kai and punched him. All I saw was Kai hit the ground....hard.

 

It happened so fast. One minute Jonghyun was behind me and then he knocked Kai out. I ran out of the cafeteria I couldn't stay in there for another second. The only place I want to go is home.

 

--------
I haven't been to school in two days and I'm starting to think my mom knows I'm not sick. I bet tomorrow she's going to make me go back. Grr.

 

For the past two days I've been sitting in my room playing with Ruffles. Every time my mother comes around I pretend to cough or sneeze but lately I've been forgetting. So therefore, I know she's going to say something soon. 
It was fun while it lasted, now I to go back to that stupid school.

 

Also, I've gotten a billion text messages from the guys..not really it's kind of close. I've been ignoring all of them because I don't know what to say, this whole situation is awkward.

 

My phone vibrated and it was a text from Key, again.

 

From: Key

 

We have had enough of you ignoring us, now we have no choice.

 

No choice for what I thought. They can't do anything to me, and they can't make me do anything. He's probably just messing around with me. Of course I ignored the message and finished reading my book.

 

"Kimi!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

 

She's always so loud! I groaned at sat my book down. I quickly ran downstairs to see what she wanted.

 

"Do you have to be-"

 

"W-what...who let them in!?" I said pointing at the five guy