34

The New Kid

 

Kimi P.O.V.

"Mom!" I yelled from downstairs.

I'm so excited I got my letter from Seoul University! "What Kimi, it’s too early for all of this yelling"

I hugged her almost knocking her over. I pulled away and showed her the letter her eyes went wide.

"Open it!"

I quickly ripped over the envelope and my heart was racing. I scanned over the letter and my eyes stopped when I seen that this wasn't an acceptance letter. It was a letter telling me I didnt get in.

The paper fell out of my hand and I stood there in shock. My entire future, my life, my everything is...ruined.

"...Kimi, what's wrong?" She asked with worried eyes.

I tears began to fall and it seemed like they couldn't stop. I was too embarrassed to let my mom see unwashed crying. I ran upstairs to my room and slammed the door. What did I do to deserve all of this ?

--

My stomach growled for what seems like the hundredth time. My feet hurts and I'm tired, could things get any worse. This morning I left early to try and find and job and I haven't had any luck. Now its beginning to get dark and I'm a long way from home.

I walked aimlessly around and in the back of my mind I knew I was lost. I stopped and took a deep breath. Don't panicked everything will be okay.

I would've called someone but my phone is dead. I looked around to see a bunch of houses and almost every light was turned off. I chill ran down my spine and I noticed that there was a car a few yards behind me. The lights were on and they were parked.

Okay now is the time to panic I told myself. I walked faster than usual I glanced back to see the car sped up. Now for a fact I know I'm not being paranoid, I started to run faster.

I could hear the car speeding up and I scared the hell out of me. I tripped over something and the next thing you know I was on the sidewalk. There was a pain in my knee and I seen the car lights behind me. I heard the door slam and I got tried to back but it was no use my knee was messed up.

"Please leave me alon-"

I felt someone grab my arm and I screamed. Roughly he picked me up and I began to swing my fist at his back. "Be quiet!"

He walked over to the car and I knew there was no use in fighting him. He pushed me in and quickly pulled myself to the other side of the car to get out the other door.

"There is no use of trying to escape."

I knew that voice from anywhere. My eyes went wide when I looked in the passenger seat to see Jonghyun's mother smiling at me. "How are you today Kimi? How's the family?"

"Y-you !" I choked out.

Her smiled dropped and she sighed. "Let's cut to the chase. Stay away from Jonghyun or I guess you'll enjoy living on the street"

She was behind all of this! What is wrong with this lady! She has messed up my entire life. Why can't she just leave us alone?

"Also, I'm sure you still want to attend Seoul University" she added.

A smirked appeared on her face and I was getting angrier. "So here's the plan. Leave Jonghyun alone and I'll give you $100,000, your mom will get her job back and you will get accepted into Seoul University"

"What if I don't?"

"If you don't I'll make your life hell, I'll make sure your friends suffer and I'll will cut Jonghyun off" she simply said. "You have two days to decide, don't make any contact with Jonghyun within these two days."

Before I could say anything the car abruptly stopped and the doors unlocked. "Meet in the park around 12 on Friday night. Don't be late or the deal is off. Now get out."

I quickly opened the door to find I was outside of my house. I limped to the door and she sped off. What have I gotten myself in?

--

When. I got inside my mom was sleep and it looked like she still haven't found a job of course. I went upstairs and took a shower and bandage up my knee.

I climbed into my bed and Ruffles cuddled up beside me. I couldn't go to sleep with all this on my mind. I was hungry and there is barely anything in the fridge. Every time I close my eyes I see food, all kinds of food. Sandwiches, noodles, fries, shrimp, fish, Burgers...there was so much food.

I sat up and groaned.

"Why can't I go to sleep!"

There was a tapping on my window and I already knew it was Jonghyun. I know I shouldn't be talking to him but I can't help it.

I got our of bed and opened the window. "Hey there beautiful"

I gave him a small smile and let him in. He handed me a bag and it smelled delicious. He brought some food! I looked at him confused and he laughed. "What? I was in the neighborhood getting some food and well I thought about you so I brought some."

"Thanks a lot, Jonghyun I really appreciate this" I replied.

He shrugged his shoulders. "No problem"

Ruffles ran over to Jonghyun and I can honestly say they have gotten closer.

I turned the light on and sat on my bed to devour the hamburger he bought. Ruffles tried to sneak a bite and I snatched the Burger away from him. "No. Mine"

Jonghyun sat next to me and laughed. "You act like you haven't eaten in years"

"It feels like it" I said with a mouth full of food so I doubt he heard me.

When I was finished I gave him a huge hug. "Thanks, now you have to go."

I pulled him up and he protested. "I can't leave, its raining"

I looked out the window to see he was right. Inside my head I was beating myself with a brick. It is going to take a lot to get rid of him. 


"Why are you limping?"

"I fell" I said lying. I was trying to stay away from this conversation but luckily he dropped it.

"You need to be more careful. So clumsy" he mumbled the last part but I still heard him.

I sat back down next to Jonghyun and sighed. Just to think that in two days I won’t be able to talk to him again is nerve wrecking. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just tired"

"Well it looks like I'm staying here for the night" he yawned.

"Wait...what? You mean here, as in my house..my bed. With me in it?"

I was beyond shocked. I can't even..he nodded and I swear I almost had an heart attack.

"Calm down, Kimi. I'm not going to hurt you or anything"

"I know but it's kinda awkward, you kn-"

In the middle of my sentence he got up and took off his shirt. I sat in shock looking at his toned abs. I could feel my face getting hot. I covered my face with my hands and he chuckled. " You wanna look"

"Jonghyun! Go somewhere else and change"

My eyes were still covered and when I thought he was done I moved my hands to see him only in his boxers.

"Like what you see?" He asked.

I was so embarrassed and I didn’t know what to say. "J-Just get in bed and go to sleep"

He shrugged his shoulders and climbed into bed. This is going to be a long night.

I turned off the light and slowly got into bed. Ruffles laid in between the both of us and I heard Jonghyun sigh. Ahaha, he thought he was going to sleep next to me! >:D

The room was silent and of course I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned until Jonghyun told me to stop moving. "I can't sleep if you continue to shake the bed"

"Shut up Baldie"

"Oh yeah, I didnt get a good night kiss" he said.

Is he serious? "You'll live"

"Come on, just one kiss"

I rolled my eyes and gave in. Deep down inside I wanted to kiss him too. "Just one"

I propped myself up on my elbows and slowly we both leaned in and that's when I felt my lips wasn't on his. My eyes shot open to see Ruffles in the middle and we were both kissing his side. So he was awake this whole time.

It looks like we can't get anything past him.

I laughed at the situation and Jonghyun wasn't so happy about it. "I want another kiss that wasn't fair!"

Ruffles laid back down and so did I. I was still laughing and Jonghyun turned around the other way obviously he was mad. "Sorry baldie. Night"