26

The New Kid

 

First off, my gift for Jonghyun isn't that great. It's not something he can really use or...eat. But I just hopes he likes it. I wrote him a poem that came directly from the heart and soul. I put everything into this poem.

 

The party was being held at Jonghyun's house which was huge. There were a lot of people, that I've never seen before. Jonghyun had a huge cake and everything was decorated. It was pretty nice.

 

When I arrived I wasn't able to see Jonghyun yet because he had to greet all of his other guest. Also, Sunny was glued to his side. Whenever they are around their parents they never leave each other side. And honestly, I am jealous because I'm being ignored.

 

And his gift table was full of bright big boxes. I'm starting to rethink my gift. Everyone was walking around and talking while sipping on fine fine.

On the other hand me and the guys were drinking water and talking about how rich Jonghyun parents must be.

 

"So where's his gift?" Key asked me.

 

"Well, I have it but its not as good as anything over there" I said pointing at the table with a bunch of gifts.

 

"He'll probably like it"

 

"I doubt it"

 

After a few minutes I continued to look for Jonghyun. Now I couldn't find hin anywhere or Sunny. I decided to go to the bathroom just to more of the house. After saying excuse me a thousand times I finally made it down the long hallway that the bathroom was on. I remember this hallway when I came over his house last time.

 

I felt someone give my arm a tug and pull me. Before I could let out a scream the person hand was over my mouth. "Its just me"

Jonghyun.

 

When he let go of me, I made sure I hit him. He scared the crap out of me and I'm kind of mad at him.

 

"I know you're mad at me but I'm sorry" He said in my ear.

 

I know that I can't stay made at him forever. I should have known that this wasn't going to be easy.

I gave him a small smile. "It's alright"

 

He kissed me softly causing my heart to race. When he pulled away we both smiled at each other. Our foreheads were touching and we stood there in each others embrace.

 

"You didn't say Happy Birthday" he finally said.

 

"Happy Birthday, Baldie"

 

"What about my gift?" He asked, causing me to step back a little.

 

No, don't tell him you wrote him a poem I told myself. Just make up a good lie, so he won't think I thought of this gift at the last minute. Well...maybe I did.

 

I gave him a nervous laugh and he raised his eyebrow. I think he knows something is up. "Don't worry I have it, but you can't get it now"

 

"Alright but you better have it"

 

I nodded. Maybe I should buy him another gift and throw this stupid poem away.

 

While he continued to talk about how important his gift was out the corner of my eye I thought I saw someone. Or maybe I'm just seeing things. No, I'm sure I saw something or something.

 

I moved away from him to get a better view. "What's wrong?"

 

"I don't know....I thought I seen someone." I said turning back to him.

 

"You're so paranoid, no one will find out. Just relax, okay?"

 

I sighed and gave him another hug. He leaned in and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek. "It's time time for me to go now. I'll see you later"

I hated whenever he has to leave. We only have a few minutes to speak to each sometimes. I pouted at him and whined. "Please just a few more minutes"

 

"I can't, I'm sorry I have to go" he says.

 

I moved away from him and sighed. "Are you coming over tomorrow night?"

 

"I wish but I'm busy tomorrow night"

 

"Alright"

 

He gave me another kiss before leaving. I know I'm selfish for wanting him all to myself but I can't help myself. I made my way back to the guys. And this time I grabbed me a drink.

 

"Excuse me, may I get everyone attention!" Jonghyun's mom announced.

 

Everyone turned their attention to her. "I want to say Happy Birthday to Jonghyun and that I love you so much. You're one of the best things that has happened to me"

 

Everyone clapped then she called up Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun smiled and actually looked happy when he got up. Maybe it was just a front or maybe he's really happy.

 

"Can I come up and say something" someone said.

 

I turned my attention to where the voice came from and it was Sunny. She made her way to the front. Its crazy how pretty she is.

She cleared and began to speak. "I know I've only known you for a few weeks now but I really want to say that you're really nice Jonghyun. I enjoy your company and your humor. Thanks a lot for everything and Happy Birthday"

 

Sunny gave him a hug and everyone awed..except me. I was jealous very very very jealous. I took a quick sip of my drink to try and calm my nerves. I can't believe this was happening to me. I didn't notice that my fist was clenched until I felt the pressure on my fingers.

 

"And one more thing!" She said.

 

Oh wow, there's more I thought.

 

She handed him a black bag. He took the gift out if the bag which was in a box. And when he opened it, it was an expensive looking watch. I could see the diamonds from where I was sitting. My jaw dropped.

 

This night couldn't get any worse. Jonghyun was shocked. But I knew he liked it...no he loved it. And my gift does not compare to that.

 

I felt like dying.

 

"Now that we're handing out gifts, I have a special surprise for Jonghyun"

 

Jonghyun was taken back. "I've made reservations for you and Sunny next weekend for the Busena Terrance Hotel!"

 

Everyone clapped. I should be happy for him but I'm not. I have so many mixed emotions that its crazy. Did his mother do this on purpose? I have a feeling that she knows about me and Jonghyun. When we were in the hallway and I seen someone I swear it was her. But i just doon't know. 

 

Before the party was over I slid the paper I wrote the poem on under his door. I quickly went home to think all of this through. He was just going on a short vacation, I trust him. I completely trust him and I know that nothing will happen between him and Sunny.