18

The New Kid

 

He pushed a slice of pizza  towards me. "Here eat"

 

I didn't touch the pizza or look at him. Too much was going on that I couldn't think straight.

"Yah! I'm speaking to you, why aren't

 you speaking?"

 

"Can I borrow your phone for a second?" I asked, still not making eye contact with him. I was too embarrassed to even look him in the face.

 

"Where's yours?"

 

"I left it"

 

"Just like you left your shoe?"

 

I gulped. It's a miracle that he just happened to be here. I felt like crying again, I was relieved but scared. This has to be the worst night ever.

 

"If you eat the pizza then I'll let you see my phone" he said.

 

I should've known he was going to do something like that. I was hesitant to eat I was too shaken up to worry about food. I need to think about where I'm going to sleep, my mom, and all the stuff I left in his car. He has my phone, my medicine and my house key.

I put my head in my hands and groaned. Why was this happening to me. I'm so freaking stupid!

 

Jonghyun took my hands away. "What's going on? I don't like that you're acting like this, you're scaring me"

 

I wiped the tears off my face, so he notice I was crying. I took a bite of the pizza and it tasted like nothing, just how I feel. I took more bites until I was finished. I pushed the plate back towards him, then he handed me the phone.

 

I dialed my mother's number and I wasn't sure if she would still br awake. I notice how I was biting my nails when waiting for her to pick up the phone. I was nervous that maybe he knows where I live or maybe he's watching me now.

 

"Hello?" She said picking up the phone.

 

"Mom, its me. I'm sorry for staying out so late"

 

I heard her yawn, maybe she just woke up. "Are you alright you sound funny. When are you coming home?"

 

"I'm staying over at a friend's house tonight. I'll be home tomorrow I promise"

 

"Stay safe and I love you"

 

"I love you too.


Bye" I hung up the phone and handed it back to Jonghyun. I hope she's alright for the night. I love her so much I don't know what I'll do if something happened to her.

 

"Thanks" I mumbled to him.

 

I felt his hand on top of mine and I quickly pulled my hand away. There was an awkward pause for a moment. Jonghyun looked away briefly and so did I. "Can I stay at your place until tomorrow"

 

"So I was that 'friend' you were telling your mom about" he said empathizing 'friend'.

 

I nodded. "I don't want to go home right now"

 

He thought about it for a second then finally agreed. "Thanks so much"

 

"Yeah but before you leave you need to tell me what's going on"

 

I didn't respond. How could I tell someone that? How could explain to them how reckless and stupid I was being. He wouldn't understand, if anything he wouldn't like me I bet.

 

 

 

"You can sleep here tonight?" Jonghyun said while showing me a room. There was a bed, night stand with a lamp and a closet. But I didn't care I just wanted somewhere to get some rest.

 

"We don't have many guest often do the room Is a little bare. Is that alright?"

 

I nodded and sat on the bed. I looked around to examined the room some more, this will do I thought.

 

"Your knees are bleeding" he pointed out.

 

I looked down to see that he was right. The thought of when I felt out of the car came to my mind. I shook that thought of my head, don't think about that. "I'll go get some stuff for it"

 

Before I could tell him I was okay he left and came back shortly. He came back with a first aid kit, he kneeled down to my knees and put some liquid on them. They burned a little but I didn't make a sound.

 

He blew on them a little and I just stared down at him. Was he really doing this?

He put some  band aids on the scratches and I thanked him. "I don't think I can tell you how thankful I am"

 

"Don't worry about it."

 

I remembered how Kai said something like that to me when we first met. I thought he was really nice but all of that was fake. Everything.

 

He threw some clothes at me and at first I was confused. "Take a shower, I tried to find something that would fit you but you're kind of small"

 

I picked them up to see it was a shirt and a pair of sweat pants. I could tell they were big but I can try my best to fit into them.

 

"Thanks"

 

When he left I got into the shower. I wanted to stay in there forever, the water felt so good for some odd reason. Maybe it felt so nice because I was in Jonghyun's bathroom. I looked at the bruises that were starting to form all over me. I had one on my arm and thigh. My cheek felt swollen and my head hurt, I was sore all over and I want is sleep.

 

I put on the clothes Jonghyun gave me and they were huge. They smelled just like him. I couldn't really point out what it smelled like but it smelled nice. Really, really nice.

 

After I finished my shower, I climbed into bed and cuddled up with the pillow. I couldn't explain how comfortable the bed was, but I couldn't fall asleep. All I want is sleep but I can't fall asleep with so much on my mind. I tossed and turned trying to fall asleep but nothing was helping.

 

There was a soft knock on the door and I sat up to see Jonghyun came in. "What's wrong?"

 

"I can't sleep" he mumbled.

 

Everything felt so different. I just can't believe that all of this is real. I almost died twice in one day, now I'm in Jonghyun's house speaking to him in the dark. All of this just isn't processing.

 

"Yeah me either" I replied while lying back down on the pillow.

 

I sighed and looked up to the ceiling. "Jonghyun?"

 

"Yeah"

 

"Have you ever done something that you really regret?"

 

He was quiet for a moment until I heard him say yes. I know everyone does things that they regret but things like this usual doesn't happen to me. This is all such a shock to me, today hit me really hard.

I felt him move and I quickly sat up to make sure he wasn't leaving. 


"Don't leave" it sounded as if I was begging. "I mean....you can leave but not now"

 

He chuckled. "I wasn't going anywhere, I was just getting comfortable"

 

I bet I sounded desperate. We were quiet for a while, not saying a word. I don't understand why but with Jonghyun here I felt better. I felt safe.

 

"Kimi" he said. "What happened today?"

 

He looked at me and I begun to get nervous. What will he think about me?

 

"Jonghyun, I'm tired" I replied, ignoring his question. I laid back down and looked the other way.

 

I heard him sigh. "I'm serious, I'm letting you stay here for the night so I believe I have the right to know what's going on"

 

"You sound like a mother"

 

"I'm not playing with you Kimi"

 

Well, I guess I have to start talking.

 

"I know I'm not pretty or any guy first choice" I began. "So when a guy asked me out, I was so excited"

I felt like I was in one of those depressing movies. I asking feel like I'm in a nightmare and I'm hopping I will wake up soon. But I'm starting to think this is all real.

 

"Everything was fine until the waiter messed up my order and everything began to fall apart. I was so embarrassed." The tears were beginning to come again but I didn't want him to know I was crying.

 

I sniffled and wiped my face. "I only wanted to go home and think that someone actually asked me out. He wouldn't take me home instead he drove somewhere and he started kissing me"

 

I paused and wiped my face again. This was so embarrassing to tell. I didn't hear Jonghyun say anything, so I guess that's a good sign. "I'm clueless about stuff like this so I guess he took advantage of that. He began to angry because I wasn't kissing him right and then he wanted more"

 

"I never felt so ing helpless, he hit me and I fought back. I finally got away and I noticed I left my purse in his car. I was scared that I wasn't going to get home and that he was going to find me again. Then I came across you and I can't explain how happy I was to see you"

 

It felt like a load was being taken off of my shoulders. I hid my face in the covers because I was scared to hear what he had to say and I was embarrassed. When he didn't say anything I began to get scared, I was scared that he was thinking bad things about me. Why didn't I just keep my big mouth shut.

 

Jonghyun P.O.V.

 

Did I just hear correctly? No, I couldn't have heard that someone tried to her. It’s Kimi, the girl I don't get along at all the girl that made my life hell when I first met her. And now, she's in my mouth telling me this.

 

I swear if I find the person who did this, I'll make sure they'll never be able to touch another person again. I was beginning to angry. All she wanted was to go out on a date and she gets in return. How can someone treat a girl like this? I know we don't get along but I wouldn't ever do something like this ever.

 

"Who was it?" I hissed. I notice I was tightly holding onto the cover.

 

"Please, don't tell anyone" she croaked. "Please"

 

It sounded like she was crying. I hated when people cry because I never know what to do. I don't know what to say to make them feel better. I hesitated but I rubbed her back and tried to make her stop crying. "I won't"

 

"You promise?" She asked, quickly sitting up and looking at me.

 

I locked my fingers with hers. "I promise"

 

I wiped the tears from her face and she turned away quickly. "Good night"

 

"Night"

 

Kimi P.O.V.

 

I yawned and stretched as I woke up from a deep sleep. Then I remembered I was at Jonghyun's house. The sun was streaming into the room, lighting it brightly. I looked around the room and I noticed the door was cracked. I wonder is Jonghyun awake.

 

Then the thought that I'm in Jonghyun's house hit me again. Wait, I'm in Jonghyun's house. I put my hand on my chest and tried to calm myself down. I've cried in front of him and so much more. I covered my face, just thinking about all of this was embarrassing.

My stomach growled. I was hungry and the only thing I ate last night was a slice of pizza. I wonder would Jonghyun get angry if I woke him up and told him to fix me some breakfast. Well I am a guest so he has to be nice to me. 


I climbed out of the bed and poked my head out of the door. I think Jonghyun said his room was down the hall on the right. I walked down the hallway and looked inside different room to see which was his. If his house wasn't so big I wouldn't have this problem.

When I found his room the door wasn't locked so I walked right in. Maybe this considered rude I thought. His room was huge, there were a bunch of CD's and posters on the wall. There were a few trophies on the dresser. There was also a flat screen TV on the wall.

 

Jonghyun was sprawled on the bed. I jumped on the bed and poked his cheek. "Wake up baldie I'm hungry!"

 

He groaned and slapped my hand away. I laughed and shoved him hoping it would wake him up.

 

"Baldie" I mumbled. "Wake up"

 

He rolled over and covered his face with his pillow. "Its too early go back to sleep"

 

I quickly hopped off his bed and went to the window to open the curtains. The sun shined brightly in the room making him groan some more.

 

I turned back to see him staring at me. He had bed hair and I laughed.

 

"What's so funny?" He asked. I could tell by his voice that he was irritated.

 

I pointed to his hair and he quickly fixed it. "Do you know what time it is?"

 

"9:25"

 

"Exactly!" He exclaimed. "Why are you awake!?"

 

"I'm hungry"

 

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. I heard him mumble some things before walking off into the hallway. I followed him and he finally stopped. "Are you going to follow me in the bathroom?"

 

I looked to see that I almost walked in with him. "I'm sorry..."

 

Awkward.

 

He closed the door and I waited for a couple of minutes for him to come out.

 

"Are you going to follow me all day?" He asked as he walked into the kitchen.

 

"I don't have anyone else to talk to you, so yeah"

 

He went inside the fridge and I sat down at the table. I wonder what kind of breakfast did he have? I wonder does he know how to, Nah Jonghyun cooking? Never.

 

He pulled out the pizza box from last night. "I hope you like cold pizza"

 

"Of course" I said sarcastically. "I eat it all the time"

 

He placed the pizza slices on a plate and we sat down at table. I quickly picked up a slice and ate it. And it didn't taste that bad, it was almost as good as when pizza is warm. I watched Jonghyun as ate, he was eating like it was the best thing on earth.

I noticed that his kitchen was huge too, there were a bunch of expensive things. Everything was just...perfect.

 

"I noticed that you're back to your normal self" he said.

 

I glanced down at the table to avoid this conversation. I didn't want to talk about anything that happened last night. I shrugged my shoulders. "I just want to keep the past in the past"

 

"Good choice" he said patting my back before getting up and putting the plate in the sink.

 

I got up and hugged him behind. I felt him tense up but I didn't care. "Thanks a lot Jonghyun seriously, I'll repay you somehow"

 

He turned around and I dropped my hands. He looked down and me. "I doubt there is any way you could pay me back but I wouldn't want you to if you could"

 

I rolled my eyes but deep down inside I was happy. There has to be one way I could pay him back but I doubt it, I really don't have much. But there has to be some way.

 

"Sooooo what now, baldie?" I asked him. I really didn't want to go home now. It would be nice if I could spend the rest of the day with him.

 

He smirked and I already knew that whatever he was thinking wasn't good. "How about a little game called revenge. I hope you didn't think I forgot how you woke me up so early"

 

"But I'm a gue-"

 

Before I could finish my sentence he pinned me against the wall. His arms were on the each side of me and I had a good view of him. My heart fluttered and couldn't help but to blush. I was nervous but not as nervous if it was someone else.

"J-Jongyun" stuttered. What are you doing"

 

"Getting my revenge" he replied. His face was getting closer to me and for a moment I thought he was going to kiss me.

 

"What the hell is going on!?"

 

Jonghyun quickly moved away from me and I guess it was his mother. She was short with an disgusted look on her face. I've been in the room with her for five seconds and I'm already scared. I didn't know whether to stand there or introduce myself. But she looked really angry so I took the first option.

 

"Wow, you're home earlier than expected" Jonghyun greeted his mother.

 

She ignored him but starred at me. "Who is she?"

 

"I'm Kimi" I said bowing. "Nice to meet you"

 

She was still looking at me and I smiled just to try and show her I'm friendly.

 

Maybe she wants me to shake her hand I thought. I held my hand out to her. "I'm Kimi, nice to meet you"

 

I heard Jonghyun cough and I knew I just made a bad choice. He moved in front of me and I was relieved. "This is Kimi, my friend"

"I understood the first time" she said sternly. "But why is she in my house?"

 

This is really mean. I know I don't have any right in her house but she doesn't have to be so mean I would hate to be Jonghyun.

"She needed somewhere to go so I was being nice and brought her here" he said calmly. I was scared to look his mother in the eyes, she is so intimidating.

 

"This isn't some kind of shelter. I can't believe you Jonghyun!" She yelled. "Take that child out for a moment while I speak with you"

 

Jonghyun grabbed my hand and took me to his room. Before I could apologize for getting him in trouble he told me he would be back. I felt sorry for having his mom yell at him because of me. What a weekend I'm having. 

 

Jonghyun P.O.V.

 

"What happened to Min?" My mom asked, while fixing her a cup of coffee. Coffee is the only thing that calms her down when she's angry.

 

I sighed and sat down on the couch. "I told you two months ago that we broke up, don't you remember?"

 

"Do you remember how busy I am? How could I remember."

 

That was just like her. She never remembers anything important to me. Sometimes I wonder does she care about anything other than work. Does she even care about me?

 

"I don't want anything going between that child. She isn't fit for you, Min was more of your type. I want that girl out of my house now"

"Did you just Min was more of my type? I asked in disbelief. "She was never my type, she was a mistake a huge mistake"

 

"She's better than that child in there! You're young right now so you don't understand-"

 

I didn't let her finish her sentence because I just couldn’t believe she was saying this. "The only reason you like Min is because she's just like you. You two could go for twins, I'm starting to wonder are you two really related."

 

She sat her coffee down and stared at me. I couldn't believe I just said that but it's true. She's always trying to run my life, it's been

like this since I was a kid. Now, I'm tired of it.

 

"Get out!" She yelled. "Get out! And don't come back!"

 

If that's what she wanted I didn't care I'll be glad to leave for a couple of days.

 

Kimi P.O.V.

 

I could hear Jonghyun's mother yelling from his room. I wish I could talk to his mother and tell her how sorry I am but I doubt she'll listen to me.

 

Jonghyun burst into the room making me jump. He didn't say anything but rush into his closet and grabbed a bag.

 

"What happened?" I asked.

 

"Nothing" he barely mumbled.

 

He stuffed clothes into his bag harshly and I could tell he was mad so I didn't want to ask him anymore questions. "I'm sorry"

 

He stopped packing and looked at me. "You know I hate when you apologize. It’s not your fault so don't worry about it"

 

I wanted to say something back but I knew he wasn't in the mood so I kept quiet. When he finished packing we left and I knew that something happened between him and his mother because of me. It's weird that I can cause so many problems in two days. But I know one thing....I never want to see his mother again.