30

The New Kid

 

"Maybe we should rethink this idea Brian" I told him. "If we get caught we can really get into a lot of trouble"

We neared the gates which went around the entire house. I was getting me nervous about this, what if something unexpected happens?

"We're doing this for Sunny and Jonghyun...remember?" He said. I think he is starting to get annoyed with me.

"Yeah..."

I noticed that there weren't any cars around, maybe his mom wasn't here or maybe he isn't here. I asked Brian what he thought about it and he just shrugged his shoulders. Nothing was going to stop him now.

Jonghyun P.O.V.

The thought of leaving here always ran through my mind. The thought of not being in a forced relationship is nice. But I think about Kimi a lot.....I know I probably won't see her again but I still have a few memories. I miss the stupid things she would say.

Before I go to sleep every night I remember what she told me:

"Good night, don't let the bed bugs bite. If they do hit them with a shoe"

I miss her and I know she's mad at me. I would be mad if all of a sudden she left without an explanation. I miss Minho, Onew, Taemin and Key. I've known them for so long and then all of a sudden all of them are spilt away from me.

I laid on my bed looking up at the ceiling. If only things could be different.

"Jonghyun"

I turned to see Sunny. Lately we've grown closer, we talk more, mainly about our future and dreams. "Can I come in?"

"Of course" I said while sitting up.

She made her way on my bed and sat down. We're quiet. It was always like this at first we never know what to say to each other.

Finally she said something. "I heard our parents talking earlier.."

Whenever she says that my stomach turns because I know it isn't good.

"They want us to get married, soon"

Me and Sunny married?

No

No

"I wont agree to it, I don't care what she says"

"You said that last time"  she mumbled. "We can't do anything about this....it's not like we can just leave, we might as well agree to it."

What!? Sunny is actually agreeing to this. I don't think she understands we aren't together like that, I don't care what my mom says. "I can't do that, I'm---"

I felt a pair of lips on mine and It took me a second to figure out they were Sunny's. I know I'm stupid for kissing her back but she's right, we can't get out of this.

She pulled away and we didn't say anything, again. The first thing I thought about was Kimi. I wish could take back what I just did, I love Kimi, I really do.

"I'm sorry" she whispered. "I was stupid I know how you feel about Kimi. I'm just lonely, you know?"

I nodded. "I understand"

Before she could say anything she quickly got up and went to the window. "What?"

I quickly got up too and she ignored my question.

"What's wrong?" I said a little louder.

"I thought I saw someone...they just passed through the yard. Your mom left right?"

"Yeah but you could have seen a animal or something. No one could come through the gates"

She turned to me and shook her head. "I'm serious, Jonghyun. There were two people. We need to make sure everything is locked they could be burglars or something"

She sounded scared but on the other hand I think she was just seeing stuff. She left out my room and I caught up with her. She could be thinking of doing something stupid. "What are you doing?"

"Making sure we're safe. Every since we came here I haven't been the same, now we're being stalked"

She made sure she locked the doors while babbling on about this.

I stepped in front of her and placed my hands on her shoulders. "Just calm down, alright? Just relax....nothing is going to happen. You are over reacting--"

In the middle of my sentence there was a loud crashing sound that came from the basement. Sunny flinched then covered with her hand, fear was clearly written on her face. "I-I told you. I told you"

I shushed her and nothing I did would calm her down. "Look, I need you to be quiet ,okay? We're going to go down to the basement to see what happened"

Her eyes went wide and she quickly shook her head. I gave her my pleading eyes and it took her a few minutes before she finally agreed.

I went to the closet and grabbed something that would protect me just in case something happened. Sunny grabbed the phone just in case we needed to call the police. We slowly walked to the basement and we both were quiet again. We heard another noise but not as loud as the first. Sunny turned around so fast but I grabbed her to make sure she wouldn't leave. "we're in this together"

The basement were at the bottom of the steps and they looked so far away. We slowly walked down the steps and one or two steps creaking as we walked. I could hear some shuffling on the other side of the door and I'm sure Sunny heard it too.

Honestly, I'm a little nervous too but I just don't want Sunny to know. It’s better to pretend to be a badass. When we got to the last step I turned to her and put my finger on my lip indicating her to be quiet. She nodded nervously.

I tried my best to unlock the door to the basement as silently as I could. When I heard the 'click' I knew the door was unlocked and a I had to do was turn it. I took a deep breath and opened the door which surprisingly didn't creak.

Kimi P.O.V.

If it wasn't for Key, Taemin, Onew and Minho I think we could have gotten into the basement without so much noise. I thought they were going to stay in the car but I guess they couldn't miss of the action too.

I was scared that someone might've heard all of the noise we were making and would come into the basement. I think the sound of the window breaking was loud enough for everyone in the neighborhood to hear. But it wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for Onew being so clumsy.

We gathered together to try and search for the door. There were so much stuff down here and it was dark. But the thought of getting to see Jonghyun soon made me happy.

"It's kind of cold in here too" Onew said loudly.

We all shushed him again for the third time.

"Sorry..."

"Alright let's just spilt up and find a door" Key suggested.

We all agreed and went our separate ways. I felt along the wall for an opening but I just couldn't find one. I couldn't find a light either. Hopefully we're not stuck down here forever. I continued to look for an opening when I finally seen light while looking down.

I got a little closer and I noticed there was a door. But before I could reach it suddenly it flew open.

My heart skipped beats as I seen his face. I heard a loud piercing scream but before I could register anything I felt a sharp pain and I hit the ground. 

---

a/n: Sorry for not updating iin a while! :/

but i had writer's block and this was kinda rushed so yeahh...