37

The New Kid

 

Jonghyun P.O.V.

As much as I tried to forget about Kimi it was really hard. No matter how much I drunk or how many girls I made out could make me forget her. I never knew a girl could make me like this.

I got out of the bed and showered. I'm still kind of worn out from last night and I have a slight headache. I fixed me a bowl of cereal and sat down on the couch.

I didn't notice how lonely and dirty my apartment was. Also I didn’t notice how lonely I was.

I my cereal slowly until my phone ranged. I looked at the caller I.D. to see it was Key. Honestly, I haven’t spoken with him since earlier this week. And well since Kimi broke up with me I haven’t spoke with any of my friends.

I answered the phone to hear him yelling a bunch of things in my ear. “Wait, slow down I can’t understand you

"Jonghyun hurry and turn it on the news, now!"

"Why?" I said nonchalantly.

"Your mom is on the news and something about Kimi!"

When I heard Kimi's name I quickly grabbed the remote and flicked through the channels.

It was reported last night Kim ____ who has just came back from a business trip in Japan to launch the opening the family company has been hospitalized. Last night she was shot once in the arm by police because of an incident with her and another teenager. There haven't been any charges pressed but we will discover some more news later.

I shut the TV off and sat there in awe. What the hell has happened?

"Jonghyun?" Key asked. "Are you still there?"

"I have to go, I'll talk to you later" I said before hanging up.

--

I walked into the hospital and honestly it was my first time. When I was little my mom would always send a doctor to the house so this was a new experience. Everything was so white and clean.

The nurse led me to my mom's room. I peaked the head inside to see her laying down in bed peacefully. I tried to come in without making much noise but she quickly sat up when she heard something.

We looked at each other for moment and I could see the bandages on her left arm. She looked so tired and weak. It seems as if she was another person.

I sat down in the chair and for the first few minutes nothing was said. 
"I'm a horrible person"

'What?" I said surprised. I got up and sat by her on the bed. I was scared to get to close because we were never close to each other. "I've never been so angry and confused in my life, all over a child!

"What happened last night between you and Kimi?"

When I mentioned her name her entire facial expression changed. She looked disgusted and angry. "That child ruined everything"

That was the only thing she said before laying back down. When am I going to get the answers I need?

--

Kimi P.O.V.

"Kimi!" My mom called downstairs. 


I got off my bed and went downstairs to see what she wanted. Honestly I haven't left my room, I've been in such a bad mood lately.

I went downstairs to find Jonghyun sitting on the sofa.

"I'll leave you guys to talk" she mumbled before leaving.

I stood there not knowing what to say or do. Was I am I suppose to tell him I'm sorry?

"You were on the news this morning" he simply said.

Before I could say anything he asked me another question. "What has been going on lately? I'm so confused about everything"

He got up and came closer to grab my hand. "I know you broke up with me but honestly these two days without you have been hell. When I told you I loved you I wasn't kidding. I don't know what I was doing wrong to make. you break up with me--"

"Let me explain what happened. Your mom told me to break up with you or she would cut you off and make sure I didn't have anything. So I broke up with you but I swear that's the only reason I did"

He looked confused. "Then what happened last night?"

"She told me to meet her in the park last night to give me me some money to keep me quiet. But I ended up calling the police and she started choking me and that's when one of the officers shot her..."

I felt like everything was my fault deep down. What if something drastic happened like his mom died or his family company collapsed. If anything like that happened I don't think he would ever speak to me again. "I'm sorry"

He shook his head. "You have nothing to be sorry about, I think I should apologize for all of this. I knew something bad was going to happen but you should've told me what was going on"

I gave him a small smile and hugged him. I hope things go back to normal, just for once could things work it?

He pulled away and lightly grabbed my hand. "Let's go out and get our minds off of this"

"Sure...but are we on good terms now?"

"Of course" he smirked while kissing my cheek.