25

The New Kid

 

Every since that night Jonghyun would visit me frequently. We would talk about random things and laugh at stupid stuff. I enjoyed having him around and every time he would leave I would hate it. I can admit that I'm getting attached to him. We couldn't hang out much after school since he has homework and arranged dates with Sunny. So at night and at school we have time to see each other.

 

"Yah! Kimi!" I heard someone yell.

 

I looked up to Onew waving his hand in my face, trying to get my attention. "Sorry about that what were we talking about again?"

 

"Jonghyun's birthday" Taemin informed. "He is having a party this Saturday night"

 

I can't believe I forgot his birthday...wait I don't think I even knew when it was. Stupid me. But I wonder what I should get him. A wallet? A shirt? Some cologone? I just don't know.

 

"His mom Is planning the while thing" Key told me. I pretended to choke myself and everyone laughed.

 

"She is really mean, I doubt I'll be invited" I said.

 

Everyone agreed with me and it turns out she mean to his friends too. And that she really dislikes Onew, for some odd reason. "I don't understand what I did wrong, she just doesn't like me"

 

We talked about gifts we could give him and everyone was coming up with amazing things but me.

 

"What about you Kimi?" Minho asked.

 

I shrugged my shoulders. As I think about it Jonghyun will be hard to shop for. Well I have a few days to figure some gifts out.

--
I wonder if I bought Jonghyun candy would he like it. Nah, I doubt it.

 

What about a gift card? Probably not.

 

I groaned because this is so confusing. Why is it hard to buy one person something. Usually I would settle with buying someone a card but Jonghyun is different.

 

Before I could finish my thoughts there was a tapping on my window and I already knew who it was. I rolled off my bed and quickly opened the window.

 

"May I come in?" He asked. I could tell by his voice that he was smiling.

 

"Of course" I replied.

 

He climbed up and when he was inside Ruffles was already greeting him. Over the past week Ruffles has grown to like him. But that enough where he let's us get close to each other.

 

He kneeled down to pet Ruffles. Then he stood up to give me a kiss on the cheek. Ruffles barked and we both laughed.

 

"Here" he said handing me a envelope.

 

"What's this?" I asked while ripping apart the envelope to see what's inside.

 

"Party invitation" he replied. "Don't be late or I'll kill you"

 

The invitation was fancy and nice. I bet he spent a lot of money just for one invite. I hope the party isn't fancy with a bunch of wealthy people.

"Even the invitations look expensive"

 

"Yeah, I know. But don't worry about that. Just just worry about being there and my gift"

 

"Okay, okay" I said. "I'll be there, on time and with the best gift in the world"

 

"You better"

 

I smiled like always. He's never once failed to make me not feel funny or nervous when he's around. I guess that's the power he has over me.

"Well, I have to get going" he said as he walked to the window.  "I'll see you later"

 

I hated that he only stayed for a few minutes. Usually he stays for about an hour and that would be the best hour of my life.

He climbed out the window and I told him good night. Now, I need to figure out this birthday gift. 

 

----
A:N: Sorry for the boring chapters!