33

The New Kid

 

 

I screamed as I woke up from another bad dream. I don't know what has been going on lately but my dreams haven't been filled with joyfulness and lollipops. They have been filled with fear, but that all changes when I wake up and see Jonghyun.

And the most aggravating part is that the dream isn't clear and I don't understand what's going. I just see a guy and Jonghyun. And then there is me screaming.

I looked at my clock and it was 4:23. I sighed and laid back down. Now I'm scared to go back to sleep. If I have another one of these dreams I don't know what I will do.

"Ruffles.." I said into the dark.

There was no sign of movement until I called his name again. This time he climbed into my bed, I snuggled up close to him and finally went back to sleep.

Jonghyun P.O.V.

I sat up in my bed for what seems like the billionth time. For some odd reason I can't sleep and I've been thinking about Kimi lately. I really don't know why but I just am.

Every since we left Japan I've been feeling uneasy. Probably because I haven't spoke with my mom in a while and I know she's pissed off.

I let out a long sigh and laid in bed just thinking about random things. A few years from now when I'm settled I plan on proposing to Kimi. But currently I'm going to try and attend Seoul University with Kimi and the guys. It'll be amazing if we all get accepted which I know it'll happen.

Before you know it I dozed off into a dreamless sleep.

Kimi P.O.V.

I woke up to the sun streaming in through the window. I felt better than I felt when I first woke up. Ruffles was still by my side and I looked at the clock to see it was 10:00. I'm so glad I don't have to wake up and go to school but I will later when I go to Seoul University.

I got up and took a long shower before going downstairs to find that my mom had already left for work. I went back upstairs to find a new text message from Jonghyun.

From: Jonghyun

Meet me at the cafe in about twenty minutes. Don't be late.

To: Jonghyun

Don't tell me what to do. But I'm bored so I guess I'll come.

From: Jonghyun

Shut up and get ready

I felt like texting him back but I know it'll just start a huge fight that could go on all day.

I quickly changed my clothes and fixed up my hair. While getting ready I was singing my heart out because I was so happy.  Even though I'm not the best singer I sung my off thinking about how lucky I am to have Jonghyun.

Ruffles popped his head inside my bathroom and I guess he was trying to tell me to shut up. Sometimes I swear he is the smartest dog ever.

"Awww you don't want me to sing?" I cooed while baby talking to him. I rubbed his head. "I'll be back later okay? When I come back I'll bring you a treat"

I can't explain how much I love this dog.

--
"Look who's here" Minho greeted as I sat next to Jonghyun on the Booth.

"You're two minutes late" Jonghyun smirked.

I kissed his cheek. "Sorry Baldie. Are you happy now?"

"Ehh not really maybe a kiss right here will make me feel better" he said pointing to his lips.

"In your dreams"

We all laughed except for Jonghyun like always. Ahh, the joy I get from messing with him is amazing.

"Guess what!?" Taemin exclaimed.

"What?" We all said.

There was a huge smile plastered on his face. He pulled out a white envelope waved it each of our faces. "I got accepted into Seoul University!!"

"Oh yeah I got my letter too" Onew said casually.

I applied too but I didnt get my letter yet. Honestly I think I will get accepted my grades were great and I never really got into trouble. I just have to think positive.

"I think I'll be getting my letter soon. I mean why wouldn't I get in?" Key said. "Kimi did you get yours?"

"Nope not yet but I think I'll get in soon. If Taemin got in I'm sure I got in" I joked.

We all laughed and of course it took Taemin a long time to get the joke. "I don't get it.."

"Forget it Taemin.."

He shrugged his shoulders and then the waitress came and took our order. I decided to just get some coffee I wasn't really in the mood for food.

She came back with our drinks and I happily drank my coffee. I didn't notice Jonghyun was watching me. "What?"

He smiled and shook his head. I felt my face getting red and I tried to hide it by looking the other way. 
"You're red again" Key cooed.

"No I'm not! I'm just...I don't know..." I trailed off.

I'm shy. Whenever Baldie looks at me I get flustered. I don't know why but it just happens.

After the breakfast we all left except for me and Jonghyun. He grabbed my hand before we walked out of the cafe. "Come with me, I'll walk you back home"

He winked at me and I couldn’t help but to give in. We walked through the park and it was really windy out today.

When I spotted a swing and slides I let go of his hand and ran to the swing. I haven't been on one of these in a long time. I remember how I used to go to the park all the time back home.

"Baldie hurry and come push me!"

He cocked his eyebrow. "Don't you think you're a little too old for this?"

"You're never old to swing!"

He sighed pushed me. I swung my legs back and forth. The wind blowing against my face felt refreshing and relaxing. I wish I could do this forever. A bunch if thoughts were going through my head. I thought about Ruffles, Jonghyun, my friends, my mom, my future.

"Kimi?"

"Kimi?"

I finally realized Jonghyun was calling my name. He stopped pushing me and now he was kneeling in front of me.

"W-Wait..why did you stop!? I was enjoying that-"

He shut me up when he pulled out a black box. I didn’t know what to say at all. I sat there staring at him completely speechless.

He opened it and pulled out this expensive looking locket necklace.

"Kimi" he began. "I really don't know how to say this or how to do this but here"

He pushed the box towards me and I really didn’t know what to say. The necklace was so pretty that I didn't want to touch it.

He laughed and I looked at him confused. "You're so weird sometimes"

He got up and put the necklace around my neck. I opened the locket to find a picture of us.

"Say something" He whispered in my ear.

What can I say? I'm seriously speechless. "I-I seriously don't know what to say, Jonghyun. I mean-"

"If you don't like it I can take it back" he replied.

"No" I said quickly turning to him. "I love it honestly you just kinda took me off guard, you know? I really didn't expect something so nice"

He smiled. "I'm glad you like it."

He leaned down and kissed my lips. I can't explain what I'm feeling right now. I'm so lucky to have Jonghyun no I'm beyond lucky. I've spent the last six months trying my hardest to get him and finally I do. I feel like I'm in a Disney Movie and the girl finally ends up with the guy she's been chasing.

I smiled into and finally pulled away. I love you was the only thing replaying in my head.

--

I walked into my house to find my mom on the couch staring at the TV. And guess what...nothing was on. I didn't smell any food, the house looked the same as this morning and my mother doesn't get off of work until 6.

I quickly sat down next to her on the sofa to try and figure what's going on.

"Mom.."

She turned to me and gave me a small smile. I knew something was wrong. "Are you okay?"

She smiled again and then I noticed tears were rolling down her cheeks. She was starting to freak me out, I've never seen her cry, never. Well maybe a few years ago but that was a while.

"What's wrong? Tell me what's wrong now" I said. I know it sounded a little pushy but right now it doesn't matter.

"I'm sorry Kimi" she croaked. "I-I got laid off today.."

My heart shattered when the words came out if . Laid off? How will we survive without money, food or some place to stay? The reality was starting to kick in about how bad this was. This couldn't be happening to us.

I gave my mom a hug trying my best to comfort her. "How? Why? We can't survive without money.."

"I don't know...I don't know."

This means I'll have to find at least two jobs that will pay enough to pay the bills. My summer has officially been ruined.

"I'll be looking for another job tomorrow but I'm so sorry that I'm making you worry" she sobbed.

I rubbed the back of her head trying to calm her down. This is the first time I've ever have to do this. "I'll go look for one too. If you don't find one our make sure we will live. Okay?"

"Kimi I don't want you-"

"No mom. I need to work anyway" I said smiling at her.

I know she didn't agree with my decision but whatever. I don't plan on living on the side of the streets anytime soon.

--

I’ll be updating more now since I’m out for summer break. Maybe everyday or every other day! JThanks for subscribing and commenting it means a lot!