Chapter XLI

Heartache
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They are all confuse why did Jisoo’s father and Hanbin’s sister know each other. But no one asked. 

They all stayed watching Jisoo lying on the hospital bed, surrounded by machines. Irene can’t stop crying, she’s holding Jisoo’s hand while Seulgi comforted her. Jin and Jisoo’s father were sitting beside Jisoo. 

Jennie, Chaeyoung and Lisa were just watching them. Chaeyoung was also crying. Well, she’s a cry baby. Jennie was Just starring at Jisoo. Lisa know Jennie wanted to cry and she’s also a crybaby and wondered why she didn’t. She sighed and faked a cough to get their attention. 

“Uhh.. I’m gonna go buy drinks, what do you guys want?” Lisa asked they all answered. She dragged Jennie and Chaeyoung with her. 

Both of them whined because they wanted to stay and all Lisa could do is sigh. She shook her head and looked at the both of them. 

“Look, I know you wanted to stay but Chaeng, you cried the whole time. I want you to rest even just for a minute.” She said to chaeyoung. 

“I’m sorry.” Chaeyoung lowered her head for making Lisa worried. 

“And you Jennie unnie, I know your head hurts. I know you really wanted to cry but why are you stopping your tears?” 

“I-i just want to be strong for Jisoo.” Jennie frowned. 

“But that doesn’t make you strong unnie. You know, we’re here, you can use our shoulders if you wanted to cry.” Once Lisa said that, Jennie’s tears fell. Lisa hugged her. 

 

They came back with drinks on their hands except for Jennie. She didn’t went inside, she wanted to walk around for a while. Irene followed her the moment she saw Jennie. 

Jennie stopped at Hanbin’s room. When she was about to open, she heard Hanbeul talking. 

“So.. oppa, is that girl who was hospitalized with you is the daughter of Kim ajussi?” She talked to her  unconscious brother. “So his daughter had a same heart condition as me? She’s in  critical now oppa, I heard them she needs a heart donor.” 

“I feel bad because this heart was supposed to be hers.” She pointed in her chest. “I’m still thankful that ajussi gave this heart to me instead of her daughter.” 

Jennie gasped and covered . Tears starting to fell. Irene immediately went to Jennie and comforted her. 

“Tell me what’s wrong Jen?” She asked worriedly. Jennie shook her head. “I know you know something.” 

“M-mr. Kim... h-he found a heart donor for Jisoo but gave instead to Hanbin’s sister.” Jennie lowered her head. 

“What?!” Irene clenched her fist. She went back to Jisoo’s room where her father was. 

“Where have you been Joohyun? I need you to watch over Jisoo. I have something to do.” Her father said. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter