Chapter XXV

Heartache
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie saw Chaeyoung and Lisa talking seriously at the bench. She decided to go to them. She stop when they were about to discuss about Jisoo and decided to listen without them noticing. 

“I was just wondering Chaeng. Back then you were so overprotective to Jisoo and always worried about her. Why?” Lisa asked. “I mean, before we go talk to Jisoo I want to know her because she know us but I don’t know a thing about her.”

“Can I tell you a secret?” 

“Of course, you can trust me.” Lisa smiled to assure the girl. 

“J-Jisoo know Jennie from back then in New York.” Chaeyoung started and Jennie widened her eyes. While Chaeyoung was telling Lisa about Jisoo, Jennie recalled the past. 

Jisoo’s past 

Ever since, Jisoo was hospitalized here in Korea and was transferred in New York when her doctor recommended. She was home schooled since she was young and she’s so smart. 

Jisoo is lonely in daytime but was happy when class was over because her sister and brother will come to play with her after their school. 

Jennie also had a sister who was hospitalized and her room was just next to Jisoo’s. One day, someone suddenly barged in her room and hugged her. 

“Unnie!!” Jennie shouted and hugged her. 

“Who’s this?” Jisoo thought. Jennie lifted her head and realized it’s not her sister. 

“It sure has been a while my Dongsaeng.” Jisoo joked and grinned. Jennie was shocked and slapped Jisoo. That’s how they first met. 

“I’m really sorry.” Jennie apologized. 

“On top on mistaking someone’s room for another’s, and disturbing someone in her relaxing time. You went ahead and slapped her face.” Jisoo said she purposely making Jennie guilty. 

“I’m s-sorry..” Jennie lowered her head. 

“Ahh.. it hurts, it hurts so much. Its so agonizingly painful.” Jisoo smirked. Jennie started to get annoy. 

“I guess I’ll just leave n-“ 

“hey, where are you from? You’re speaking Korean too.” Jisoo asked. 

“Oh, I’m Jennie Kim, from Seoul.” Jennie introduced. “Wait.. I’m here to visit my sister.” Jennie said in her mind. 

“But hey Jen.” Jisoo said. 

“Yes?” Jennie raised her eyebrow. “Isn’t she being a little friendly?” Jennie thought. 

“A piece of advice, don’t hugged your sister like that. Your so heavy. You should consider diet.” Jisoo laughed. 

 

Jennie complained and whined. She told her sister about what happened. 

“What’s her problem?!” Jennie was irritated. 

“That was probably Joohyun’s little sister. If I remember correctly she’s one year older than you.” Her sister said. 

“You know her unnie?” 

“Well, her room is next to mine. She’s been hospitalized for quiet a while now because of heart problem. Apparently, she was hospitalized in Korea for some time.” Her sister said. 

“She doesn’t look like sick though.” Jennie said in her mind. 

“She’s fun. The nurses and doctors enjoyed in her accompany.” Her sister giggled. 

Back then, Jennie went back because of curiosity about Jisoo. 

“Oh so you came today as well?” Jisoo asked holding a psp. 

“Well I don’t have anything else to do. Much sister was sleeping.” Jennie answered and looked at Jisoo’s hands. “Now that sister mentioned it, her arms do kinda looks thin.”  She thought. 

“So why did you decide to go here?” Jisoo asked. 

“I-I just forgot to ask you name.” Jennie reasoned. 

“Ah, I see. As expected. I’m Kim Chi chu.” Jisoo lied. She told the nurse to get her name patient name plate. She also told them to not tell Jennie her real name including her sister. She smiled at Jennie. 

“So She’s the type who smiles perfectly a lot.” Jennie observed her. Jisoo looked at what Jennie brought. 

“What’s that notebook?” Jisoo asked. 

“My homework. I thought I’d do it while visiting my sis.” 

“Can I have a look? What kind of stuff are you learning?” Jisoo asked. 

“Sure. Don’t you go to a school?” 

“Nope. I’ve been hospitalized ever since. My dad won’t let me because I might play around and tire myself.” Jisoo shrugged. 

“Looks like she got a chronic illness.” Jennie thought. Jisoo scanned the notebook and she saw Jennie’s doodle of a dog. 

“This drawing is too much.” Jisoo said while laughing and Jennie blushed in an embarrassment. 

“Shut up shut up shut up shut up!” Jennie said still blushing. 

“You two are too loud. The doctor is running check ups on the other patient.” A nurse said. 

“Sorry.” Both said in English. 

“I guess I have to g.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter