Chapter XXXI

Heartache
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s weekend which Jennie could sleep longer than she wants. She was still on her bed sleeping peacefully with Kuma on her side. She woke up noticing some noise downstairs. 

She went downstairs followed by Kuma and saw her Mom on the living room together with her grandparents.

“Good morning sweety. You woke up earlier than usual. How’s your sleep?” Her mom asked. 

“Morning mom. I just heard some noises.” Jennie said with a sleepy tone. 

“That must be in the kitchen.” Her Grandpa giggled. Jennie frown and walked towards the kitchen. She was shocked when her dad and Jisoo were cooking with an intense atmosphere. 

“What’s going on here?” Jennie asked with a frown. 

“Morning my Jenjen.” Her dad said with a smile. 

“Morning my Jendeukie.” Jisoo said also with a smile. Her dad looked at Jisoo and the latter just smirked. Jennie’s mom walked in and chuckled. 

“Your dad and Jisoo had a cooking competition. They wanted to know who’s food you’ll like.” Her mom said. 

Flashback

jisoo went early to Jennie’s house and greeted by Jennie’s family. Jisoo waited patiently for the brunette to wake up. She don’t want to disturb Jennie’s sleep because she know Jennie needs enough sleep she wants. 

While waiting, Jisoo and Jennie’s dad were watching tv. They’re watching cooking show and started to argue which Jennie would choose if they both cook. 

 

Jennie sighed and sat down with her arms crossed. She liked the view of Jisoo and her dad cooking. Her mom sat beside her. 

“So who do you think would win?” Her mom asked. 

“It’s obviously dad mom.” Jennie chuckled. 

“Why can you say that?” 

“Because Jisoo can’t cook.” 

Both of them laughed which Jisoo and Mr. Kim frowned. Jennie was enjoying watching Jisoo, seriously cooking for her. 

After cooking, they prepared for lunch. They’re excited to taste the food and Jisoo just shrugged. 

“Jisoo can’t really cook.” Mrs. Kim laughed after tasting Jisoo’s food. 

“Seriously?” Mr. Kim said. Jisoo shrugged and pouting. 

“At least I did my best right?” Jisoo still pouting. 

“Why did you agree then?” Jennie asked. 

“To have time with your dad and to have her approval.” 

“Approval?” Mr. Kim raised her brow. 

“Approval to have your daughter, Mr. Kim.” Jisoo smiled. 

“Aigoo.. You can’t even cook.” Mr. Kim said. “But I like you. My daughter talked about you so why not?” He chuckled. 

After lunch, Jennie and Jisoo walked at the park holding hands. Jennie still not used to it is blushing. 

“Are you Okay Jen? Your face is red.” Jisoo asked and put her hands at Jennie’s forehead and Jisoo leaned forward and their face had only an inch space. It cause Jennie to blush more. 

“S-stop that.” Jennie playfully slapped Jisoo’s arm. 

“I just don’t want you to be sick again.” 

“Aw. So concerned.” Jennie teased. 

“Yeah. I’m concerned and worried if you get sick cause I know I’ll catch your co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter