Coolness Falling Apart

Is This Real?

“Kyuhyun, are you serious? We will be in trouble, you know that?”

 

“What will they do? Some will like it and some not. That's life. They can't tell me who to like and who not. And I told them that I will let them choose if they want to support me or not.”

 

“I know, Kyu, but you don't need to provoke new antis or whatever. I think you know what they are capable to do.”

 

“Don't worry, love. They won't touch you or hurt us. I will make sure of that.”

 

“If you say so. But I still will keep worrying.”

 

“I know and I'm grateful for that. Let's sleep now, princess. Let's not think about that anymore.”

 

“Okay. Sweet dreams, my Kyubear.”

 

“Hahaha, night, love.”

 

After a few minutes I fell asleep cuddled up into Kyuhyun strong arms. That night I slept bad. I had one nightmare after another and the last one woke me up. In my dream I got kidnapped by some people that I wasn't able to see the faces of. They had threatened me to hurt my family if I didn't go with them so I didn't struggle. I was brought into a van and then we drove what seemed like a day. Once in a while I was allowed to drink, eat and use the bathroom. Then finally they brought me outside and I was at an airport and on my way to Korea. I had stared speechlessly at my kidnappers and I didn't know what to say or do. The flight to Korea didn't seem to end and at a point I fell asleep and that was when I had a little jump in my dream. I had already arrived in Korea and my kidnappers had made me go out and then into the next van, my eyes and mouth covered and my hands and feet riveted by ropes.

 

Then we drove some time once again and I was wondering where the hell we were going. After a while I was brought out and into a building or room. I had no idea where I was until my eyes got uncovered and I was looking at a guy with a camera.

 

“Why hello, . Wondering why you are here? Well you ruined my sisters life. You and that bastard of an idol. And you will pay for that. She tried to kill herself once she heard that Kyuhyun had a girlfriend and that it was someone like you. You egoistic only thought of yourself. What about the others? Did you ever think about what consequences your oh so pretty relationship might have? My sister is now in the hospital and they will send her to a asylum once she is healthy enough. My mother cried so much... My father started to drink and he go violent, telling us that we didn't take care of my sis. You ruined my family!!”, the guy told me.

 

I was so shocked and started to cry. I didn't know what to do or say. I wanted to apologize but he didn't let me.

 

“You and your damn boyfriend will pay for what you did to us. Tell him how much you love him and that he shouldn't risk his life for you. Because if he wants you back he will have to risk his life. It's either you or him. I will make you suffer...”

 

Then the guy took the gag out of my mouth and slapped my face.

 

“Please.. Don't punish Kyu for any of this. It's not his fault. And I'm so sorry for what happened to your family.”

 

“Shut up, you little . There is nothing you can do about our situation but I will make sure that you suffer as much as we are. This is all your fault.....”

 

When he slapped me again I was thrown to the ground and that was when I came back to reality and was on the floor of Kyuhyun's room.

“Princess, are you okay? Love, what did you dream about? You were crying and mumbling not to hurt me and that you were sorry”, Kyuhyun said and knelt beside me.

 

I was still crying which made Kyuhyun hug me tightly and he kept telling me that everything would be fine.

 

“I... I dreamt that I got kidnapped and I... I was brought to Korea. In Korea I saw the kidnapper.... It was a guy and he told me that his sister had tried to kill herself because of our relationship... a-and that his family is now broken into pieces... because of us... a-and he wanted to make sure that you would try to rescue me so he could make sure that you get killed... I don't want you to die because of something like that. P-promise me that... that you will never risk your life for me....”

 

“Calm down, princess.. It was only a dream. I won't let that happen.. but... I can't promise you that. I already promised to myself that I would protect you from all the evil. That I will do my best so you won't get hurt.”

 

“Kyu, please... please promise me that you won't risk your life for me. I couldn't continue to go on with life knowing that you threw yours away for me...”

 

“I... but sweety I couldn't just do nothing if you were in danger.”

 

“Promise me...”

 

“I can't..”

 

“Fine... I'll be going..”

 

“Wh-what? Where to? Yah, what's wrong now?”

 

“Leave me alone”, I said and stormed out of the room.

 

“What did I do?”, Kyuhyun yelled, following me to my room.

 

I ran into my room and closed the door in front of his face and locked it. Kyuhyun banged on the door and told me to open it but I ignored it. Vicky was staring at speechlessly, wondering what had caused the most cheesy couple to be like that.

 

“What happened?”, she asked.

 

“I had a nightmare about me getting kidnapped and the kidnapper threatening me to make sure to kill Kyuhyun and when I told Kyu to promise me not to risk his life for me, he said that he wouldn't promise it. I know he loves me and all but.. damnit, he's an idol for god's sake. His fans would go mad and they would kill me for letting him get killed. Why can't he understand that? Why is he so selfish? As if I could continue my life normally if that ever happened.”

 

“Of course he can't promise that. That fool loves you too much. But try to understand. He wants to make sure that you are safe and if someone kidnapped you, he would blame it on him having failed and then he would of course try everything to rescue you.”

 

“But I don't want him to risk his life for me. I'm not worth it.”

 

“You would do the same, wouldn't you?”

 

“I.... I guess I would. But he is an idol. So many more people would cry over him than over me.”

“He can't live without you any more. I can see it in his eyes. He just can't.”

 

“Gooosh, why is this all so complicated? Why can't he be a normal guy? Why can't the fans be more mature and just got over all of this and leave us alone? Why did he go public with our relationship?”, I asked, starting to sob once again.

 

We heard another knock on the door but this time it was softer.

 

“Soomin-ah... It's me, Sungmin. Open the door, please. Kyuhyunnie is not here and I need to talk to you”, Sungmin said from outside the door.

 

I went to the door to open it and was greeted by a tight hug.

 

“My sweet sweet kiddo. Stop crying. Kyuhyun talked to me about what had happened. He wants you to understand why he can't promise that but he wants to give you some time. Why did you want him to promise that?”

 

“I... I can't let him die for me. I'm just not worth it. Why would he, who has so many people who love him, risk so much just for me?”

 

“Because he loves you more than he loves himself. I know you only have been together for four months but sometimes a couple doesn't need so long to love each other this deeply and you two are one of these rare couples. You would risk the same to safe him, wouldn't you?”

 

“I... I would but it's different and...”

 

“No it's not. It's the same. Kyuhyunnie may be a public person but he is also only a normal guy so don't say that it's different. Just try to understand him that he would do anything for you and same goes for you, right? So talk to him. He is in our room and doesn't know what to do. Before he does anything stupid.”

 

“Thanks, you two. Love ya”, I said and gave Sungmin a kiss on his cheek and quickly hugged Vicky before running towards Kyuhyun's room.

 

I stood in front of the door and wasn't sure about anything. I wanted to knock on his door and apologize for not being understanding enough but everything was just so much to bear and I wasn't sure anymore if I could handle it. If I could handle the stress to be the perfect girlfriend, if I could handle the hateful comments, if I could handle the threats from the haters. My eyes were watery again and a tear escaped my eye when the door in front of me was opened by Kyuhyun. He looked at me and wiped my tear away. Then he took my face into his hands and leaned his forehead against mine and closed his eyes.

 

“Love, don't cry anymore. We can do this. We will do this. I know you don't want me to get hurt but you would feel the same way, wouldn't you? Please try to understand me”, Kyuhyun begged me, his eyes also getting watery.

 

“Oppa, d-don't cry. I know. I would do the same for you. I couldn't let you get hurt but I'm just not worth it. I wouldn't be missed by so many people anyway.”

 

“Don't you dare to say something like that ever again. You are worth it. You are worth anything and much more. And if you were gone because of me... or us I couldn't go on just like you couldn't without me so don't you dare to ever say that you're not worth a rescue that might risk my life.”

“K-Kyu.... I know.. I... just couldn't get it into my head... I love you so much. It's unbelievable how I feel about you already after being together for four months. Only thinking about you getting hurt or something.... it pains me.”

 

“Don't think about it. Just think about the now, about us. Don't think about what could happen and about others, love. I feel the same way and we will endure every bad things.”

 

“Gosh, you two. Just kiss and hug each other. And for your information: We all will protect you. We all will help you out”, we heard Sungmin suddenly say.

 

I smiled at him and then turned my head back to Kyuhyun to give him a kiss full of emotions. I put all my feelings into the kiss. Kyuhyun kissed me back, putting as many feelings into the kiss as I was putting. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him, demonstrating me that he would never let me go. I wrapped my arms around his neck and sighed happily into the kiss. As scared as I was with all of this, I knew I wasn't alone.

 

“Why are those two making out here? Yah go into your room to do that”, Eunhyuk said who had randomly appeared.

 

“Shhh, Hyukjae-ya. They had their first little.... eh kinda fight and made up. And we should look after them more because I realized that as cool as those two are playing to be fine... They are scared of the antis and haters... and the sasaeng fans. So let them be today”, Sungmin explained.

 

“I knew something was fishy with their coolness about the situation. But we will protect the young love for sure...”

 

“Oppa~, thanks. I don't know what I would do without all of you”, I mumbled quietly.

 

“Stop worrying. Until now no one threatened you. Or did that already happen?”, Eunhyuk wanted to know.

 

“No. Not that I would know of.”

 

“Good. If you ever are in trouble, call us. Don't think that you are being a burden or something.”

 

“Okay. Thanks. So what will we do today?”, I asked.

 

“Hmm. What about going to the Park, then eat somewhere?”, Sungmin suggested.

 

“Sounds like fun but are you sure that we are not risking a scene at the park if I go there with Kyu?”, I wanted to know.

 

“Well, you two are a couple so why should you hide now even though everyone knows that you're together? You have no reason to hide anymore”, Sungmin explained.

 

“Exactly. Don't think about that, love. Let's ask the other who wanna go with us”, Kyuhyun said.

 

He grabbed my hand and went to search for the rest of the members. After fifteen minutes we had asked everyone and they all had agreed on joining us. So Vicky and I went back to our room and got dressed to go out. Leeteuk picked us up after a while and led us to the rest. There Kyuhyun wrapped his arm around my waist like he always did when we were about to go somewhere. In front of the hotel were once again fans, waiting for a chance to take some pictures. We quickly went into the vans and drove into direction of the “Champs de Mars” who is in front of the Eiffel Tower. We arrived the park soon and got out of the car.

 

There I finally saw that the guys had brought some blankets to lie on the grass and once again some balls to play soccer. I had my sketchbook with me and started to draw some trees or flowers while Vicky was reading one of the books she had bought in Versailles. Half an hour passed like that when I felt arms being wrapped around my waist and someone kneeling behind me.

 

“Wow your sketches are great”, Kyuhyun mumbled into my ear.

 

“You like them?”

 

“Yes, they are beautiful. Let me tweet one, pleeaase...”

 

“Fine... What will I get?”

 

“A kiss”, Kyuhyun said chuckling.

 

Then he took a photo of a sketch of some flowers and tweeted: “My little artist at work. Who wants to buy it? Kkkk”

 

“Gosh, Kyu... It's not that good. What the hell”, I told him embarrassed.

 

“But it is. See? The fans are impressed.”

 

“Oh shut up.”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled some more and put my sketchbook away only to make me lie on the blanket next to him. I looked at him and had to smile. He seemed so relaxed and happy that it made me forget what had happened a few hours ago. We lied down there for a while and looked into the sky while talking about the most random things. Like always we were in our own world and didn't notice that Jung Hoon had come with a picnic basket until Sungmin stood next to us.

 

“Yah, you love birds. Let's eat... and I'm talking about eating food.”

 

“What else would you be...... oh”, I started but once I realized what he meant I started to blush.

 

“Hyung, stop making us look like that is the only thing we do, will ya”, Kyuhyun growled irritated.

 

“I was just saying. Knowing you two, you might think something else”, Sungmin replied with a smirk.

 

We all sat down in a circle and started to eat. Jung Hoon had bought some sandwiches for us with soft drinks and also a lot of fruits. Kyuhyun and I were sharing our sandwiches even though I had some trouble with that because he wanted to eat too much. Since I started to scold Kyuhyun for eating my food he started to feed me with strawberries, knowing that I have a weakness on them. Kyuhyun smirked mischievously and made me eat one strawberry which he was holding with his teeth, making me kiss him. I rolled my eyes when he gave me another peck on the lips happily. When we were about to share another strawberry I felt something wet run down my head and I was soaked in something. I turned around after seeing the troubled faces of the members and saw a group of girls, one of them holding a bucket.

 

“Oh my, I am soo sorry..... . This is a warning. Next time it won't be just cherry juice”, that one girl said in a mocking voice.

 

I was too speechless to even say anything when Vicky, Kyuhyun and Sungmin got up.

 

“Look, you filthy excuse of a human. Dare to do that again and you will get it back at least ten times worse. You better apologize now and pay for her clothes if you don't wanna be in trouble”, Vicky threatened.

 

“Who the are you to threaten me? You better watch out that the little there won't get hurt....”