Another Goodbye

Is This Real?

 

Kyuhyun smirked at me and waited. I was a little bit unsure because I wasn't really experienced but when his hands went from legs over my behind to my shoulders, pulling me closer, I knew I just had to be myself. Kyuhyun had sensed that I was nervous because he smiled and tried to relax me.

 

“Tell me if you want me to stop, okay? I won't do anything you don't like or want me to do, I promise”, Kyuhyun said sincerely.

 

“I know, oppa. It's just that this is all new and I don't want to disappoint you. It's actually weird here to be my age and be this inexperienced”, I mumbled.

 

“Gosh, you're so cute. It's okay, baby. You won't disappoint me and I actually feel honored to give you those experience instead of someone else. And you're not weird but smart. You don't give yourself to just someone but someone special to you and I really hope I can be that for you.”

 

“Jeez, Kyu, you're so understanding and cheesy but I love that”, I said and kissed him.

 

“Hahaha, come on. Let's get ready to sleep since tomorrow I want to know more about what you do on Carnival.”

 

“Seriously? I hate it here because most use it as an excuse to get drunk.”

 

“Come on. You said something about a carnival procession and now I'm curious.”

 

“Fine but don't complain if you don't like it because of the drunk people.”

 

“Okay, okay.... by the way I think we should stop with our bet. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable. I mean you can still tease and I will still tease you but there won't be any bet.”

 

“That's sweet, oppa. I actually knew I would have lost so I'm perfectly fine with that.”

 

“Wait what? Damn if I had known that earlier......”

 

“But you didn't so shut up and let's get ready”, I giggled.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and I got off him. We had the same routine like the night before. I lied down in bed while Kyuhyun was searching for something in his bag. I was wondering what that was about just when he stopped and put everything back in place. Since I got curious I sat up in bed and tried to look at what he was doing but once he noticed that he chuckled and hid whatever he was holding. Being even more curious I wanted to get up and go to him but Kyuhyun was faster and sat in front of me. He was nervous but tried to hide it.

 

“What is it, Kyu?”, I asked.

 

“Close your eyes and give me your left hand.”

 

I did as I was told, already suspecting what this was about. I noticed that the Kyuhyun's hand which was holding mine, was slightly shaking and that's when I felt how his other hand was putting something I suspected to be a ring on my ring finger. When he told me to open my eyes I looked immediately at my left hand and gasped. I was wearing a beautiful diamond ring with ornaments. I started to tear up, too happy and confused at the same time.

 

“It's beautiful”, I whispered.

 

“And it's a promise to you that I want to try to yours forever. Don't be afraid that I'm gonna ask you to marry you because it's to early for us but I think our time for that will come.”

 

“Jeez, you really are cheesy and romantic. I love you, Kyuhyun”, I said before wrapping my arms around him and kissing him. He smiled into the kiss but kissed back.

 

“I love you, too, my beautiful princess”, Kyuhyun whispered after the kiss.

 

“I bet this was expensive. How dare you spend so much money on me?”

 

“It's just money. It's nothing next to you because you are way more precious.”

I blushed at that and simply snuggled into his chest.

“You're so cute, darling. Let's sleep now.”

 

I nodded and lied back down while Kyuhyun lied next to me and I cuddled into him. I took my phone and wrote Vicky a message:

 

“Kyuhyun just gave me his present. It's a really beautiful diamond ring. He said, it's his promise that he wants to try to be mine forever. I know you're not the romantic type and don't really like this stuff but I just had to tell you”

 

“He did what? Wow oO He's so cheesy but it's just perfect for you two. You have to show me the ring the latest on Wednesday at school. And he better keeps his promise or else I'll crush him”

 

“Princess, stop gossiping with Vicky and sleep. You can talk about my present tomorrow”, Kyuhyun mumbled.

 

“How did you.....”, I asked but got interrupted.

 

“Oh please. Which girl wouldn't tell that her best friend?”

 

“Fine, just let me tell her that we'll sleep now or else she'll wonder what's wrong.”

 

“Hurry up.”

 

“Dongsaengie, Kyuhyun caught me writing even though we wanted to sleep. We'll talk about this tomorrow, I promise. Good night and sweet dreams <3”

 

“Okay, fine. Sleep well unnie <3”

 

The next day we went first to see the carnival procession. Kyuhyun was indeed shocked about the people drinking in the morning so we decided to leave after I had caught some sweets for my brother. We spent the rest of the day with walking and simply enjoying the time together as a normal couple. Kyuhyun only had a day left and who knew when we were able to see each other again. When we were lying in bed later in the evening I had to know about a thing.

 

“I have school tomorrow. Will you come with me or stay here?”, I asked.

 

“I'll come with if that is okay. I forgot to give Vicky something from Hyukjae and I wanted to say goodbye to her.”

 

“A gift? What is it, oppa?”

 

“I have no idea but we will find out tomorrow.”

 

“I hope we can match make them. We just need to find an opportunity to meet and that's just close to impossible. We have school, you schedules and then the distance.”

 

“Oh I think we'll find a way”, Kyuhyun said mysteriously.

 

“What is that genius brain of yours planning? The only way would be SS4 but there is nothing confirmed or do you know more...............?”

 

“Let's just wait”, Kyuhyun chuckled.

 

I gave up, knowing he would not tell me anything so just lied in bed wondering how to solve this problem. If there were SS4 in Europe, it would mean that Vicky and I would go no matter what especially now that Kyuhyun was my boyfriend and Vicky had also gotten closer to the others. The more I thought the more I got frustrated. Kyuhyun felt that and wrapped his arms around me, calming me down and making me fall asleep after a few moments.

 

It was Wednesday morning which meant school for me, sadly. I got ready together with Kyuhyun and drove to school. At school my friends noticed the ring I was wearing especially after Vicky had asked about it. I showed them the ring and all kept asking me questions. One of the questions I heard the most was, if the diamond was real.

 

“Yes, it is actually a real diamond now stop flooding me with questions.”

 

“I'm so happy for you, Pati Pat”, Vicky said while grinning at me and Kyuhyun who had his arms wrapped around me.

 

My first lessons were art but not that interesting. I had fun with Lara, especially by making fun of Kyuhyun's drawing skills. When I told her that his mother was running an art academy she laughed even more and that caused Kyuhyun to sit somewhere else sulking. I giggled at my immature boyfriend but thought it was quite cute. Next was chemistry and that was always fun. It was with my most loved math teacher and since I didn't have to write exams for that class it was even more relaxing. The few people who were also in my math class asked me about Kyuhyun seeming like a boyfriend to me and when I told him that he was, I got replies like:

 

“I knew you two would end up together after he sang the song to you.”

 

I blushed at their comments and even my teacher teased me. After chemistry I had maths and the teasing didn't stop. I ignored them and studied, not wanting to disappoint Kyuhyun in the subject he is the best at. After school we decided to stay a little longer so Kyuhyun was able to say a proper goodbye to Vicky and my other friends and he also gave Vicky the gift from Eunhyuk. She was surprised about that but opened it. It was a cute bracelet with some charms: a monkey, a traditional korean house, a cherry blossom, a hanbok and a ying yang sign.

 

“Wahhhh, that's so cute and thoughtful”, I squealed overexcited.

 

“Hyung said that he wanted to give this to you as a Christmas present but was too shy to actually give it earlier but I forced him to give it to me so I could deliver it”, Kyuhyun said dryly.

 

“It's really pretty. I have to thank him. And thanks to you that you gave it to me.”

 

“You're welcome. He really had a hard time choosing.”

 

“Oh as if you wouldn't have had a hard time choosing the ring for Pati Pat.”

 

“I-I didn't.”

 

“Of course you had. I know you asked Hyukjae and Sungmin for help so don't deny it.”

 

“Was it really necessary to spill that?”

 

“If it means that I was able to tease you: yes.”

 

“Yah, you two, stop that. I think we should go home, Kyu. You still need to pack and I want to spend some more time with you before you leave again”, I interrupted my boyfriend and my best friend.

 

We said goodbye and drove home. I kept thinking about the cute present, Eunhyuk had given Vicky and had to giggle thinking about it. Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow at me but once I indicated that I was talking about the bracelet he had to chuckle himself. We went upstairs and while I did my homework Kyuhyun packed most of his stuff. On our way back we had bought a bottle of wine and when Kyuhyun had finished he opened the bottle and poured us some wine into the glasses. I still was working on my homework so Kyuhyun decided to game until I finished which didn't take me that much time.

 

“Done”, I mumble irritated by the homework.

 

“Come here, sweetheart”, Kyuhyun said while patting the place next to him on the bed.

 

“Let's watch a movie.”

 

“Okay, sounds good”, I mumbled.

 

Kyuhyun noticed that my mood was quite bad so he asked me what was wrong.

 

“You're leaving soon. It will be always the same: we spent some time but then have to say goodbye.”

 

“Baby, we will see each other again.”

 

“But when? How long do I have to wait? We both don't know that. What if we only can see each other in half a year? What if it might be even later? What if we drift apart? What if you find someone else in Seoul? What if there is a girl that is way better for you than I am?”

 

“Oh sweetheart, don't say things like that. We will be able to handle this but you need to have faith. And trust me: there is no one who is better for me than you are. To me you are the most beautiful girl in the world. I wouldn't want a model or whoever, I only want you.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Really.”

 

I wrapped my arms around him and cuddled into his chest while Kyuhyun hold me tightly as if he wanted to show me that I was his and that he would never let go of me. We watched the movie silently, us both lost in their own thoughts. I was dreading the time Kyuhyun had to leave again and not knowing when I would be able to see him again. We had dinner with my family after that, where Kyuhyun already said goodbye and thanked them since he had to leave early in the morning. After dinner we both went for a walk and tried to enjoy the nature but it was hard, especially since we knew there were only hours left till Kyuhyun had to go. Once we came back we got ready for bed and when I went online on Twitter I was a little bit shocked. Kyuhyun had tweeted and the fans were going crazy while my unnie and Vicky had written me privatly. I checked what Kyuhyun had tweeted since he was in the bathroom and I that really shocked me.

 

“Leaving my heart here but I promise I will come back to you, the love of my life.”

 

I stared at my phone and especially at the comments of the fans. Most were guessing that he was talking about wine or a game, others were wondering if Kyuhyun was talking about a girlfriend. The response was huge so I checked what unnie wrote me.

 

“ELFi, I saw Kyuhyun's tweet. What's going on? I'm worried. I hope this only means that he will go back to Korea and is not a break up D:”

 

“Don't worry, we didn't break up. It's just that he'll be going to Korea in some hours”, I replied.

 

“Are you okay? I'm really worried right now”

 

“I'm fine”, I lied and then checked Vicky's message.

 

“Hey I saw Kyuhyun's tweet. You wanna come over tomorrow? I can imagine how hard it is for you right now”

 

“I'd love to. Just thinking about it makes me wanna cry”

 

“Aigoo, we'll talk about it tomorrow. Just enjoy the last few hours with him, okay?”

 

“Okay”

 

I sighed and put my phone away, finally noticing that Kyuhyun was in front of me.

 

“So you saw it?”, he asked.

 

“Yes.....Why? Won't fans suspect that you have a girlfriend?”

 

“I have enough excuses for that so don't worry.”

 

“But I do. What if your company doesn't approve us anymore?”

 

“Please, sweetheart. Stop with the 'what if'. Stop thinking so much and let your heart lead you.”

 

“Okay. I'm sorry.”

 

“Don't worry. Let's sleep now.”

 

And that's what we did. The goodby the next morning was filled with many tears and kisses. Kyuhyun said, that he is always in my heart. I nodded, still sobbing and hugged him tightly. It was so hard to let go of him but I forced him to call me once he arrived the airport and then after the flight. At school my friends noticed that I was down and tried to cheer me up but they failed. I wasn't able to concentrate, worrying about Kyuhyun. In the evening I got a call and I knew that Kyuhyun had arrived safely. Days passed by and everything went back to normal. I always had to smile when I saw the ring Kyuhyun gave me. That was until Vicky and I heard about a surprising news: SS4 in Paris.

 

The ring: http://applesofgold.com/jewelry/antique-style-diamond-engagement-ring.jpg

 

It was tiring to write this chapter since I caught a cold and but ignored everything since I wanted to write so badly OTL The future chapters will be exciting for me since I had planned them months ago and now I can finally write them down so please anticipate them :D