First Date Pt.1

Is This Real?

 

 “Let's go to our room. I'll tell you in private”, I told Kyuhyun. Zhoumi looked at us and quickly went away, sensing that Kyuhyun might explode.

 

“Fine, but you have to tell me what's going on”, Kyuhyun replied through gritted teeth. I sighed and nodded. We went to his room and sat on his bed.

 

“Don't get upset, oppa, but well.... Nichkhun asked me out and I'm curious what this is all about. I just... I want to clear everything up and that's why I agreed on the date.”

 

“Do you like him?”

 

“Of course I like him. He is nice.”

 

“I mean do you really like him....?”

 

“No, I don't think so. I just met him, so how could I have already fallen for him?”

 

“You think you would fall for him if you knew him better and longer?”

 

“Maybe. That's why I want to go on a date with him. I want to know what's going on with him and I want to make sure that I'll make the right decision later on.”

 

“What do you mean, the right decision? Wait, you have a crush on someone?”

 

“Maybe..... Well I need to put my new clothes away and you better go since my outfit for our date is there so get out”, I said mysteriously and got up.

 

“No, no, no, no, no. You won't get away with that. So there is a guy you like?”, Kyuhyun wanted to know and held me by my shoulders.

 

“Who knows... Stop being so curious. I won't tell you. Let go now and leave. I need to put away my stuff and I don't need an overly curious guy like you around”, I told him and struggled out of his grab.

 

He mumbled something, but left the room. I grabbed the bags with my newly bought things and put them away, somewhere where even the curious Kyuhyun could not find them: underneath my underwear. I know I should trust them not to search for the dress, but you can never know. These guys are unpredictable and everything seems to be possible once you met Heechul, so I was only being a little bit cautious.

 

The rest of the day I wandered around Seoul together with a stylist of Super Junior since we were able to walk around freely. I had talked to her during the rehearsals already and she treated me like a dongsaeng. We went to see some interesting places and I had a lot of fun. Afterwards we went to eat dinner in a restaurant and the stylist unni taught me how to behave in a Korean restaurant and so on. I really learned a lot and had a lot of fun. Later she brought me back home.

 

The days passed by when the the boys had their performances at Gayo Daejun and it was awesome. They really did well, same as the other artists. I was also there for the New Year's Eve Gayo Daejun and to me it was different from the years before. This time I wasn't with friends or my family, but instead with so many fans and artists. I was missing my family and friends and I would have to call them later at eight o'clock in the morning since then it would be midnight in Germany.

 

I was there with with Jung Hoon oppa, watching the idols on stage, waiting for the countdown. My heart started to beat faster and faster; I was getting more and more excited. The countdown started and everyone, including the idols and the whole audience, was chanting along. Then the clock hit midnight and the idols, fans, etc. cheered. I hugged the Prince Manager and wished him a 'Happy New Year' and for him to be successful with the group and his job. He smiled and smirked mysteriously while wishing me luck with my love life. Was he suspecting something? But why would he smirk then? Maybe because of Nichkhun? I kept wondering for a while what his smirk was about, but only until he gently pushed me away, indicating me that we would be going backstage again.

 

We went to the dressing room of SJ and found the members there, celebrating the new year. Once they saw me, they came running towards me and I was buried in a group hug. We wished each others a happy new year and chatted for a while about what we want to achieve this year. There were wishes like a successful year, meeting more fans outside of Asia, Kangin joining them again and some where talking about finding a girlfriend. I chuckled at the girlfriend wish, thinking how they sometimes said in shows that they want to get married. It made me wonder if they had a dating ban or if they just dated in secret.

 

“So guys, now that you are talking about girlfriends. Who has one besides Shindong? Honestly.”

They looked at me but then Donghae and Yesung raised their hands.

“Woah really? So there is no dating ban?”

 

“Well, we date in secret. The company knows though just in case we get caught”, Donghae answered.

 

“Will you go public with it? I mean, isn't it quite stressful to hide your relationship?”

 

“We wouldn't mind it too much to go public, but my girlfriend doesn't want to get too much attention so we date in secret”, Yesung said while Donghae was nodding.

 

“Right. I wonder how fans would react. I just hope your girlfriends will be safe. Oppas, can I meet them one day? I need some more girl power here.”

 

“Sure. But now we need to get back home. It's getting late and you said you wanted to call your family in the morning so you better get some sleep first”, Donghae said with a slight grin.

 

“Sure, daddy. Let's go. I'm tired anyways and you guys need the rest more than I do.”

 

With that we went back to the SJ dorm and soon went to bed. I woke up some time before it was eight o'clock, wondering why. I nearly went back to sleep when I remembered that it soon would be midnight in Germany and that I wanted to call my family and my best friend. I went over to Kyuhyun's bed and gently shook his shoulders. He grumbled something, but kept sleeping. I shook him again while calling his name and finally I got a reaction.

 

“Leave me alone. I wanna sleep.”

 

“Oppa, it's me. Can I borrow your laptop to wish my family and friends a happy new year?”

 

“Sure, just make sure you don't break it. I'll make you regret it if you do.”

 

I nodded and carried his laptop carefully to the living room. There I sat down and chatted a while with my parents and my best friend while wishing my friends in Twitter and Facebook a happy new year. After nearly an hour I shut down the laptop and went back to the room, lay down on bed and quickly dozed off. After what seemed like just minutes I felt someone shake me awake. I opened my eyes to see Leeteuk looking at me with a smile. I smiled back and sat up.

 

“You left a note saying to wake you up the latest at eleven and it is elven already. So did you talk with your parents?”

 

“Yes, I did, oppa. By the way, thanks for waking me up. I just wanted to make sure that I have enough time to get ready and I want to get ready slowly and not in a stressed way.”

 

“Get ready for what?”

 

“Oh, I... eh... promise me not to get upset okay?”

 

“Is it bad?”

 

“Well I'm just not sure what you would think of it.”

 

“Just tell me.”

 

“Fine. I have a date later in the evening..... with Nichkhun.”

 

“Oh that's great.... Wait, Nichkhun?”

 

“Yeah, is there any problem with that? Isn't he allowed to date or something?”

 

“Oh no, it's nothing. I just thought of someone else.”

 

“You mean KyuKyu oppa? I will have a date with him soon.”

 

“So you like him?”

 

“Of course I like him.... I mean isn't it obvious that I have at least a crush on him? He was my bias after all, well, still is... whatever. It's just that I want to figure out if there is more between us. Do you think that's okay?”

 

“Of course. Just make sure not to get caught and please don't get hurt, little one. You're like a sister, sometimes even like a daughter to me so please be careful.”

 

“I promise, oppa.”

 

With that he left the room and I got up. I ate something and then went back to the room. Kyuhyun wasn't there since he had a schedule which gave me the opportunity to check my outfit and what else I would need to get ready. I saw that the ribbon of the dress was not that neat anymore so I decided to iron it. I did all the stuff I needed to do and soon enough it was time for me to get ready. I grabbed some clothes to wear while I would put on some make up and my hair. I did not want to mess up the dress and I was sure that I would do so if I had been wearing it.

 

I took a long shower and dried myself. Then I thought about my make up and hair. Being in Korea, I thought that less make up and less fancy stuff would be better, so I decided on a natural look. The problem was my hair. I like my hair, but I was wondering what to do with it. Should I leave it curly or straighten it or make an up-do? Not being able to decide, I went out of the bathroom, hoping that a member was at home to help me. There was no one on my floor so I went upstairs. I rang the doorbell and was greeted by Heechul. Well I wasn't expecting him, but now I needed to get over with it.

 

“Yo, Soomin-ah. Why are you here? And what's up with your hair?”

 

“Well, that's exactly why I'm here. I can't decide what I should do with it.”

 

“Where are you going anyways that you want to look pretty?”

 

“A date with Nichkhun”, I mumbled.

 

“ WHAT? YOU...”, Heechul started loudly, but I pressed my hand over his mouth, pushed him inside and closed the door.

 

“Could you please STOP screaming? Yes, I will go on a date with Nichkhun. He asked me out and I want to know what's going on with him and me. That's not a crime as far as I know. So would you please help me now?”

 

“Okay, okay, no need to get all worked up. Let's go downstairs so I can see your dress and decide then.”

 

I nodded and we went downstairs where I showed Heechul my outfit.

“So?”

 

“Well.... I think it would look good if you put it up. You know, in a messy bun. And for your date with Kyuhyunnie I think you should let them open and curly. He really likes that.”

 

“Messy bun it is..... wait, what? How come you know about my date with Kyuhyun?”

 

“Sweetheart, I know everything. But now I need to go upstairs and you need to get ready. Bye.”

 

“YAH, oppa. You...”, I started but Heechul already left the appartment.

 

I stared at the place where he stood just now, but eventually shook it off, remembering that I needed to get ready. I put my hair up into a messy bun and looked at the time. Nichkhun would be here soon so I got into the dress. Just when I was done I heard that someone had arrived at the dorm. I peeked out the door and saw that it was Kyuhyun and he was walking towards me. I quickly went inside and tried to calm down. My heart was beating fast and I felt like I was being caught cheating on him. Why? I have no idea, but I just felt like that. I heard the door being opened and looked at Kyuhyun who had his mouth and eyes wide open.

 

“Ehhh, hey oppa. Would you please stop looking at me like that? It's kinda... creepy.”

 

“Riiight. You look stunning, Soominnie. So your date with Nichkhun is today?”

 

“Yes”, I answered awkwardly.

 

“Oh. Have fun then”, he said and went to his computer to play.

 

“Thanks”, I replied and left the room.

 

Once again I had the feeling that he was sulking somehow and that he was being jealous. I tried to shrug it of just when I heard the bell ring. I opened the door to see a very handsome Nichkhun. I blushed when I saw him and realized I wasn't wearing my shoes and jacket, yet. I told him to give me a minute to get dressed and he just chuckled a “Yes”. Once I was done, we went downstairs and entered his car. He helped me get inside just in case I would trip with those shoes of mine. Inside the car I wondered where we would be going and just asked him.

 

“Well, oppa. Where are we going?”

 

“I hope you don't mind foreign food. I wanted to show you some Thai food.”

 

“No not at all. You just need to tell me what everything exactly is.”

 

“Of course.”

 

We soon arrived at the restaurant and I noticed that it was empty. Nichkhun said that he asked the owner to close the restaurant so we could be comfortable and would not be caught by fans. I was shocked when I heard that, but actually felt better now, knowing that it would be more difficult for the fans to see us together. We went inside to our table which was decorated prettily. The atmosphere was really good and I was impressed. The waiter came to us and asked what we wanted to drink. Nichkhun asked me if wine would be okay and I wanted to nod, but then remembered that Nichkhun had to drive.

 

“But oppa, what about driving back? You can't just drink wine.”

 

“Don't worry. Junho will pick us up since he needed the car right now.”

 

“Oh okay then. Then it's fine.”

 

We ordered wine and waited for the waiter to come back with the menu. When he came I looked at it but I was not able to tell what to order. I never ate Thai food so I asked Nichkhun what would be good and what kind of food it is. He explained some things to me but asked if I wanted him to order in my name. I nodded gratefully and then we got our wine and Nichkhun ordered the food.

 

“So Soomin-ah, do you like this place?”

 

“Yes, it's beautiful. The decoration is so pretty and the atmosphere is just perfect. I think I need to look for some of this stuff for my own room. It's beautiful.”

 

“Just like you are. You look beautiful tonight. The dress really suits you.”

 

“Th-thanks. I'm glad you like it”, I stuttered while blushing.

 

“Tell me more about you. I really want to get to know you better.”

 

“Well, you know my name already and that I'm close with the members of SuJu. I'm 20 in Korea, have two younger siblings and actually live in Germany, even though I'm Portuguese. Well I love drawing and learning new languages and I'm getting interested in writing lately. Hmm what else?”

 

“Wait you're interested in art?”

 

“Yes, I am. Why?”

 

“I think that's awesome. You need to show me some of the things you did.”

 

“Sure. I would ask you some of that stuff but the internet gives away a lot so I know much about you already.”

 

“Hahaha, true. I hope you don't mind me asking this, but you and Kyuhyun, are you sure you're not actually a couple?”

 

“What? We're not a couple..... Do we look like we are?”

 

“Kinda. I just wanted to make sure you're not.”

 

“Why? Nichkhun, be honest with me. What's up with you wanting to know if there is something going on between me and Kyu?”

 

“It's just... Would you ever consider me as a potential boyfriend? I can't explain why I feel like this, but I really like you and I want to know more about you. It might have been something close to love at first sight. Do I have a chance?”

 

I was left speechless for a few seconds. Here I was sitting in a restaurant with Nichkhun and he just confessed to me.

“Well, I... Woah, sorry. Didn't expect that. I like you, but I don't think it's more than I would like any other person at this rate. We just met about a week ago and it's going too fast for me. I'm just the type of girl who needs to know a person more before being certain that I like someone more than I would like a friend.”

 

“So if we would get to know each other more and get closer, do you think there is a chance of you falling for me? Just tell me if you feel like I would always just be a friend.”

 

“Well I might fall for you but..... don't be disappointed or something, but I have a crush on someone. I'm not sure if it is just a crush or more though. I don't want to hurt you, so you should know about this.”
“Oh... but he is just a crush. I could still make you fall for me and I will try my best.”

 

Just then the food arrived and we started to eat. It was really delicious and I praised the Thai cuisine. We ordered another bottle of wine and soon enough I noticed that I was getting tipsy, but I did not care about it. We talked some more and ate some desserts. Those were also great and when we finished eating I asked Nichkhun if there was something in Thailand that is similar to soju. He nodded and ordered it. Without noticing I got seriously drunk for the first time in my life. The next thing I remember is waking up and lying safely in Kyuhyun's arms the next day. I kept wondering how the hell I ended up in his arms until Eunhyuk told me what had happened.

 

 

Finally a new chapter OTL had my last exam some days ago and since my teacher was being a b!tch, I was kinda moody and not really able to write a new chapter. But exams are over now and I finally have more time and better mood to write >< so here is the new chapter... btw thanks for commenting ^///^ It makes me happy to read that my readers like the story... and to be honest.... the first part really happened to me OTL and there will be another part that really happened to me in the future. The basic idea of this FF started with me daydreaming of meeting Kyu at SMTown Paris ><