Dates?

Is This Real?

 I closed the bathroom door behind me an then looked into the mirror. What was this about? Question after question ran through my mind. Too obvious? I noticed that Kyuhyun was getting jealous lately when I was talking to other guys and the thing with Nichkhun seemed to bother him a lot, but why would he care? Was he falling for me? I quickly shook that thought away. Why would he fall for me? I'm not that great and there are so many prettier women out there than me. But what other reason would he have to be like this? Was I in love with him? Sure I liked him, but did he mean more than just a crush to me?

 

This was taking me nowhere. I cleaned my face and then went out to search for Sungmin. He said that he wants to be my male best friend and since it was harder now to talk with my best friend I wanted to talk to him. Then again he knows Kyuhyun well and maybe he can tell me what I should do. I found him in the room where Eunhyuk usually sleeps, alone and reading. Perfect.

 

“Oppa~. Can I talk to you in private? Or should we talk tomorrow?”, I asked softly.

 

He looked up and put his book away. “No, we can talk now. Something is bothering you and it seems to be important so spill it. You know I'm always here for you.”

 

“Well it's about Kyuhyun oppa. I don't know what to think anymore. He seems jealous lately, especially when it comes to Nichkhun. Did you see how upset he was when he saw what Nichkhun got me for Christmas? And just now when I got home he was really acting like a boyfriend.... Oppa~, I really don't know what to think of all this....”, I blurted out and then sighed.

 

“Sweety, as much as I would love to tell you what's going on in that complicated mind of his, I can't. I know what's going on, but I promised not to tell anyone. But what do you feel for him or Nichkhun? Isn't Nichkhun showing you a little bit more love than you usually show a friend?”

 

“I would be lying if I said that I don't have a crush on Kyuhyun. I mean he was my bias after all although to me, you guys are more than just an idol group now. And the thing with Nichkhun is.... sure I like him, but I don't like him as much as I like Kyuhyun. Everything is happening too fast between me and him and.... he gives me the feeling that he likes me a lot, but how is that possible after so little time? I keep wondering if he thought that it was love at first sight with me but... I don't know, oppa. I don't deserve that much love from any of you....”

 

“Nooo, don't you ever say that. You deserve our love. Don't you ever look down on yourself. You're a great girl and I'm sure I would have fallen for you if there wouldn't have been that best friends/brother-sister feeling from both sides. The thing with Nichkhun is really happening too fast and I'm curious on what's going on with him since I care for you and I first need to see if a guy is good enough for you or not. Maybe you should go on a date with both to clear everything up and see what you feel for them, if it is only friendship or if it might be more.”

 

“Sounds like a good idea to me, but have a date with an idol? That sounds like suicide for both... And should I be the one to ask them on a date?”

 

“Oh, we have our ways to have a date so don't worry. I'll tell Kyuhyun to ask you out and I know someone who is close to Nichkhun so don't worry about that. I hope you'll be sure of your feelings then and that you can see who suits you better and get to know both of them better.”

 

“Thanks, oppa. I'm glad to have such a good friend like you. You helped me a lot. Let me know if you ever need someone to listen to you when something is bothering you, okay?”, I said and hugged him.

 

“Of course, sweety. Now go to bed and sleep. Don't think too much about this anymore. Time will give you answers and will reveal everything one by one ”, he told me and hugged me back.

 

We said “Goodnight” to each other and I went to my room to get my pajamas and the stuff I would need to get ready. Once I was done I headed back to my room and saw Kyuhyun sitting on his bed playing. Had he already been here before? He seemed to be a little bit gloomy so I decided not to bother him and just lied down in bed. I tried not to think about my situation but it was hard since everything was confusing me so much. I heard a growl and then a laptop being closed. Turning around in bed I saw how Kyuhyun put his laptop away and then lied down to face the wall.

 

“Soomin-ah.... I'm sorry for my behavior earlier. I was being a little bit too overprotective. I just don't want you to be hurt or get lost here in Seoul. I promised to your parents that I would take care of you well and I felt that I had failed there already. I'm really sorry”, Kyuhyun suddenly confessed.

 

“Oppa, it's okay. You said that you would pick me up but I ignored it, hoping that you could rest more. It won't happen again and Nichkhun oppa will take care of me when you're not around. Don't worry, oppa. I'll be fine. You're taking care of me well. Really.”

 

“Thanks, Soomin-ah. Let's sleep. Goodnight, princess. Sweet dreams.”

 

“Goodnight, oppa. Sleep well.” With that we fell asleep.

 

The next day I decided to call my best friend via Skype so I could see her again even though it would be only with the web-cam. I had asked Kyuhyun earlier if I could borrow his laptop then and he said that I could but just when he came back from his schedule. I guess he was worried about his laptop and I surely was surprised that I was allowed to use it at all. I waited for him to come home while chatting randomly with the members who were home. Kyuhyun came back late but that was not that bad because of the time difference. It would only afternoon then in Germany.

 

Once the maknae was home we went into our shared room and he turned his laptop on. I was getting excited since I was already missing my best friend and especially talking with her. We had tweeted but it was not the same. Once everything was set I tweeted my best friend to come online and a few minutes after that I saw her smiling back at me.

 

“Vicky~~. Merry belated Christmas again.”

 

“Thanks. To you, too Pati Pat. How is Korea? Are the boys treating you well? Tell me everything.”

 

And I did. I told her about meeting Nichkhun and all the things I had seen and when Kyuhyun had made sure, I would not destroy his laptop, he went out, giving me the chance to speak more privately with my best friend. I told her then about the Kyuhyun/Nichkhun dilemma, what Sungmin had said to all of this and wanted to know what she thinks about it.

 

“Well I think Sungmin had a great idea. Just enjoy your time with them and I'm sure you will find out what you feel for them. Don't think too much about it and find out more on the dates. But make sure that fans or the media won't find out. I don't want to hear the news that you were hunted down by crazy fans.”

 

I chuckled at that and remembered that I wanted a certain monkey to talk with her, too.

 

“Oh wait. I'll get Hyukjae (Eunhyuk) for you so you can talk a little bit with him. I hope you don't mind to bear with Kyuhyun for a while.”

 

“No, it's okay. Go search for Myeolchi.”

 

I called Kyuhyun and once he entered the room, I went outside to search for Eunhyuk.

 

No one's POV:

“Vicky, I need your help. First: Do you mind giving me your number? In case I can't reach Soomin's parents if something ever happens. Oh Soomin is Pati's Korean name if you didn't know.”

 

“Sure. Here you go”, Vicky said and gave him her number.

 

“And Secondly?”

 

“Well, I want to ask her out but I'm not sure what she would like to do on a date. You know her well and I was wondering if you could help me a little bit since I want it to be perfect.”

 

“Finally you'll ask her out. Took you long enough to think about it. Well, she is a little dreamer and a romantic girl so something like a candle light dinner would be good. Or maybe go for a walk near the Han river and have a picnic.... Wait that's not really possible for an idol. Scratch that then. Anything romantic should be fine.”

 

“Going for a walk near the Han river sounds nice. I think I'll just have to prepare everything well so we won't get in trouble then. Oh wait, she's coming back.”

 

“Monkey is in da house”, Soomin said cheerfully with Eunhyuk right behind her. “KyuKyu oppa, let's leave.”

 

Kyuhyun looked at her confused but soon realized what Soomin had in mind. He went out with her to relax in the living room while Eunhyuk and Vicky were chatting now.

 

“Hello, oppa.”

 

“Hello, Vicky. How are you?”

 

“Fine though I wish I could be there together with my unnie. But I heard a lot of things involving her, Kyuhyun and Nichkhun. Nichkhun is a nice guy and all but I think she and Kyuhyun belong together. Even she might not have realized it or is denying it, I think she has already fallen for him, the real Kyuhyun, not the idol.”

 

“Really? Everyone here knows that Kyuhyunnie is in love with Soominnie. Kyuhyun never told us or so but it's obvious.”

 

“Yeah, I know. Even unnie noticed that something is different and she thought already about it but thinks that it couldn't be possible that he had fallen for her. Kyuhyun told me about his plan to ask her out. Shall we help him? I just want to see them together finally.”

 

“Me, too. Did you speak with Kyu already about the date?”

 

“Yes. He asked me what kinda date unnie would like so I gave him a few ideas and he liked the one about going for a walk near the Han river and have a picnic there. Is that possible?”

 

“Possible, yes, but we have to prepare everything well and search for a place where they won't be found by any fans or the media.”

 

“Good. Help Kyuhyun to set a romantic date. Unnie likes that romantic stuff a lot. Maybe you should ask Sungmin to help you.”

 

“Sungmin surely knows how to prepare well and I also think he wants to help those two. He seems pretty close with Soominnie.”

 

“That's because he is close with her. You need to tell me later then if it was a success, okay?”

 

“Sure, Vicky.”

 

After that they talked more about other things they had in mind.

 

 

Back to reader's (Soomin's) POV:

Kyuhyun and I were watching TV when Heechul suddenly came in and looked at us suspiciously.

 

“Why are you two love birds alone here? Having a date? I'm sorry that I interrupted you”, he said cheekily.

 

“Oppa~..... Stop calling us love birds! We're not having a date but are waiting. My best friend is talking with Eunhyuk and we don't want to disturb them.”

 

“Ohhh~ really? Well, then I shall do that for you”, Heechul replied with an evil grin.

 

With that he went away but with me on his heels. I realized to late that telling Heechul something like that would be a mistake so I had to try to prevent the worst. Heechul entered the room and went to Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk was shocked and even Vicky was surprised by the sudden invasion but actually smiled since she was able to see another member. Heechul put an arm around Eunhyuk's shoulder and started with his gangster English.

 

“Yo, pretty girl there. This is Heenim. You best friend of my little Soomin? You great then.”

 

“Oppa, I have to tell you something really important. Let's go. It's rude to disturb others when talking”, I told him, trying to get him out of the room.

 

“It's okay, Pati Pat. I should be going anyways and you all should sleep. We'll talk soon again, okay?”

 

“Okay, Vicky. I have to scold a certain someone so bye.”

 

“Goodnight everyone. Bye”

 

“Bye”, we all said and then finished the video call.

 

“OPPA~! What were you thinking to just walk in? Do you always have to disturb other people?”, I growled.

 

“What? I just wanted to know who your best friend is. Is that a bad thing now?”, Heechul said innocently.

 

“No but you could have told me so I would have been able to introduce her to you.”

 

“I'm sorry, sweetheart. Introduce her to all of us next time, okay?”

 

“Fine but stop being like a ninja coming out of the nowhere. It's creepy.”

 

“No, you just don't want me to ruin your moments with Kyuhyun”, Heechul said while grinning.

 

"A-anniyo. Shut up, oppa”, I replied, trying to hide my blush.

 

Just then Kyuhyun came into the room and told the other two to get out. He had a serious look on his face and I was wondering if he wanted to tell me something. He sat on his bed and patted the place next to him, telling me to sit next to him. Curious enough I sat next to him and waited.

 

“Well Soomin-ah. I've been wondering for a while to ask you this and then I talked with a hyung about it and after that I was confident enough to give it a try. Would you like to go out on a date with me?”

 

“I-I.... Yes, I'd love to”, I replied, shocked that he really asked me out.

 

“Great, I'll tell you when once I arranged everything. Look forward to it”, he replied, a huge smile on his face.

 

I nodded and told him that I was thirsty. I made my way to the kitchen and drank water. Cho Kyuhyun asked me out, he really asked me out. I felt happy but then I realized one thing most of the girls wonder about: what should I wear on our date? I started to panic since I had to wear something nice but never prepared something when packing that would be good enough for a date. I checked my phone and saw that someone had sent me a text message. It was from Nichkhun.

 

“Hey, Soominnie.

I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me. Like a date. Do you have time on the 1st January in

the evening? I would pick you up then.”

 

I stared blankly at my phone. I do not know how Sungmin did it and when but the date thing came fast. I replied Nichkhun that it would be okay and panicked again. I had now a second date but still no clue what to wear. That was screaming for a little shopping tour and to my luck Zhoumi came in and looked at me confused since I was grinning at him.

 

“Helloo~, gege.”

 

“Hey, Soomin-ah. Why are you grinning like that?”

 

“Well, there is something I want to know and you just came in time. Will you go shopping with me? Please”, I begged, using aegyo.

 

“Of course, little one. Shall we go tomorrow then? Well later since it is already tomorrow. And I thought you had planned something evil. But why so sudden?”

 

“Thanks, 'later' would be great. Well you see.... I'm going on two dates and need a good outfit so I thought you could help me”, I told him, whispering the last part.

 

“Ohhh, I think I know with whom. I'll help you then. You need to look stunning.”

 

I went to bed then like the others did but it was hard to fall asleep. I was so excited about the dates and especially about the shopping tour but eventually I fell asleep. The next day I got up and got ready to go shopping. Since Zhoumi had no schedule that day we would be able to do everything calmly although we had to be careful. I heard someone ring the door and when I had looked through the spyhole, I saw a guy holding up a paper, saying that he was Zhoumi. I opened the door and looked weirdly at the person in front of me, not being able to believe that Zhoumi was standing in front of me.

 

“Hey, little one. Stop looking at me like I'm an alien. I just need to make sure people won't recognize me.”

 

“Sure, oppa. It's scary how you can change though”, I replied, still eying him.

 

With that we went to a mall and looked around for clothes. I wanted to wear a nice dress but I would also have to buy tights and a jacket since it was December after all. He asked me if I had already an idea about the color of the dress. I thought for a while and decided then on grey and black. We looked through the shops but I there never was a dress which I really liked. Even Zhoumi was not happy with the variety of dresses.

 

Once it was lunch time we got something to eat and I was really getting frustrated. When we had finished our meal, we went again to look for two nice dresses. After another hour I finally found a nice shop with really pretty dress. It was like heaven for me and I looked for a good dress until Zhoumi came with two in his hands; a black one and grey one.

 

“OMG, oppa. Those are perfect.”

 

“Right? I think so, too. Now let's go and find your size so you can try them on.”

 

We did so and then I headed to the changing room and tried the black one . I liked the dress and went out to show Zhoumi the result. He told me to buy that one because it suited me a lot. I nodded and went back to try the grey dress. I was totally in love with the grey dress and if Zhoumi gave the okay, I would wear it on my date with Kyuhyun. I went out again and saw how Zhoumi's jaw dropped.

 

“Gege, close your mouth or else flies will enter it”, I giggled.

 

“WOAH, little one. This dress is totally amazing. I think we found your two dresses. Now we need only shoes and some jewelery.”

 

I nodded happily and went back to change into my normal clothes. I paid for the dresses and then we went to look for shoes. I soon found some I would be wearing on both dates and having the shoes I bought fitting jewelery. After having bought everything I needed we headed back to the dorm and were greeted there by a very curious Kyuhyun.

 

“Where were you two? Oh shopping? Why?”, Kyuhyun asked, eying us.

 

“Well this girl needs to look good on her dates or do you oppose that?”, Zhoumi said and I knew this would never turn out well.

 

“Dates~? Who else asked you out?”, Kyuhyun wanted to know, his voice sounding not happy at all.

Well I had a little problem now.....

 

Black dress:  http://www.ukshopsonline.net/images/CD/OasisLaceandBowLittleBlackDress.jpg

Grey dress:  http://media.onsugar.com/files/ons4/2010/01/53/685/6859026/75ef3541adfd81ef_Dress_SD9001_rm29.jpg

Shoes:  http://data.whicdn.com/images/25472058/black-bow-fashion-heels-high-heels-Favim.com-342650_large.jpg

 

 

YAAAY new chapter. I'm really into it now and have already planned everything so now it's easy for me to write :3 Hope you like this chapter and anticipate the upcoming ones about the dates ^3^