Surprise

Is This Real?

I opened the small box and what I saw made me speechless. I didn't know if I should laugh or curse Kyuhyun. What I found inside the small box was a little plastic ring with a rose which he must have bought while 'going to the toilette'. I wondered if he gave me the ring because he was making fun of me not getting the ring or if he wanted to cheer me up with this. But under the ring I saw a small paper. I took and unfolded it: 'Next time, princess.' What in the world was this about? Next time? I mentally cursed him for making me curious and leaving me like this.

 

“Cho Kyuhyu, next time I see you, you're so dead”, I grumbled to myself. Just then I heard my phone ring and guess who it was? Kyuhyun.

 

“Yah, Cho Kyuhyun! What the hell is this? Do you think this is funny? Just wait till I see you next time. You will pay for this.”

 

“Calm down, will you....”

 

“CALM DOWN? Were you making fun of me since I couldn't get the ring I wanted by giving me this cheap one and a note saying next time?”

 

“No, I have the real present for the next time we'll see each other. This is a promise that we will see each other again so I can give it to you.”

 

“Oh. Sorry then for getting mad and misunderstanding the reason behind the present.”

 

“It's okay. Well I'll call you once we arrive in Korea. Take care.”

 

“Have a safe trip.”

 

I hung up being confused about the conversation I just had. Instead of being less curious I got even more curious. But I guess I had to wait, for how long, I really do not know. Would it be months? But how many? I already missed them, actually I missed all of them. I was hoping that Super Show 4 would be somewhere here in Europe since I really wanted to go to their concert.

 

For the rest of the day I kept thinking about the meaning of this. I even talked to my best friend about this but she was not really sure either. Kyuhyun is hard to figure out. He will always remain a mystery to me. You could never be sure what that evil and playful mind of his was thinking. I just hoped that this would not be him teasing me but that he was serious about what he said. I know from the other oppas that he loves to prank people but if he was doing it now with me, he would pay for it later.

 

I got a message the following day saying that Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk arrived safely and that the others were missing me a lot. After that a few days passed with all of us having short conversations since they were busy with their tour and so on. I was happy that they were doing well but it meant that they would have less time for me, but I should not complain. I was lucky that I even got this close with them after all.

 

One day in November I got a mail from Kyuhyun, telling me that I should make an account for Skype. I simply did it, seeing the chance that we could talk like that. I downloaded it and then signed up. Since the maknae already told me how to contact him, it made things easier for me. Once I finished everything I saw that I was receiving a video call from him. I quickly looked at the mirror and then clicked on the 'accept' button.

 

“Pati-ah~. Finally I see you again.”

 

“Missed me that much?”

 

“Well, I bet you missed me more”, he chuckled while winking.

 

“Yeah, you wish. Just admit that you're head over heels for me”, I said playfully.

 

“Only once you admitted it.”

 

“Well I guess you need to wait for that since right now I'm head over heels for Donghae”, I teased.

 

“What? Pati-ah, is that true? You finally fell for me?”, a voice said coming closer.

 

“Is that..”

 

“Yah, hyung. Leave. I'm having a conversation here.”

 

“Ah come on, Kyuhyunnie. I want to talk with her, too. She is not only yours”, Donghae said while pouting.

 

“Just talk with her some other time. You already stole her heart and now you want to steal my time with her? You're such a bad hyung”, Kyuhyun complained, making me giggle.

 

“I'm not a bad hyung. I just miss her. Well then, sweetheart, we'll talk some other time. I will make sure that it'll be soon”, Donghae said and blew me a kiss which made me blush a little.

 

“Gosh, that fish needs to stay away”, Kyuhyun said grumpily.

 

“Why? Are you jealous?”, I chuckled.

 

“Jealous? Why would I? I'm better then him.”

 

“Awww poor BabyKyu is jealous. Maybe you should start to look as handsome as him”, I continued to tease.

 

“I am handsome. And I sing better. He is not that awesome.”

 

“But he dances better and is very charming and sweet around girls.”

 

“What about me then?”

 

“Well...... You're cheeky, playful and you love to prank other people..... But I like that.”

 

“But you like Donghae more, don't you?”

 

“I was teasing you. I knew you wouldn't like it if I said that Donghae is better and look at you. You're totally grumpy.”

 

“Am not. I have no idea what you are talking about.”

 

“Oh really? But you just showed me otherwise.”

 

“That was acting and you fell for it.”

 

“You wish. Anyways, how were your past few days? It seems that you guys are quite busy which makes me worry about your health, but it would be even more troublesome if you weren't busy at all.”

 

“We're doing well. We're preparing a lot for our tour and well, you know that it was a success in Seoul. I'm happy to be together with E.L.F. again. It's always great to see how much love they give us and it makes us want to be even better and show them how much we love them.”

 

“Awwww, SentimentalKyu. I really like how you show that your fans mean so much to you.”

 

“Yah, will you stop joking around and giving me new nicknames? How was school by the way?”

 

“What do you think? Boring as always. I nearly fell asleep in English because our teacher is so slow and well, you know him. It just seems that we're not going fast enough and I'm worried we won't finish everything before our finals.”

 

“Don't worry. You will do well. You're good in English so no matter how that teacher is, you will do well. When are your finals?”

 

“In April and May. Why are you asking?”

 

“So I can wish you good luck, obviously. Do well and I might get you a surprise.”

 

“Talking about surprises. When will be that next time? Any idea about that?”

 

“Well maybe, but even if there is something... I won't tell you. It wouldn't be a surprise then, right?”

 

“Oppa, then why make me curious? You should never have mentioned it. Instead of focusing on school I will think about that surprise”, I whined, hoping that he might give in.

 

“Sorry, dear. I need to go. Still got some stuff to do. I'll call you soon. Take care.”

 

“Oppa, wait. Take care but you can't leave me like this.”

 

“Sorry, princess. I need to go. Bye.”

 

“Pfft, fine. Bye.”

 

With that I hung up and stared at my notebook. That guy made me speechless and not always in a positive way. He was being cruel once again, leaving me like this. I decided to talk to my best friend and tell her that the boys were fine. While doing that I started to watch some shows with SuJu M in them. The ones they did when they were in Taiwan. It was funny to see them dorking around like little kids.

 

Once I looked at the clock and saw that it was already late, I decided to sleep since I had school the next day. I got ready for bed and started thinking about Kyuhyun's and my conversation. I missed him and wanted to see him but I would never tell him. It would only push his ego too much. Thinking more and more I did not realize that I was slowly drifting to sleep and the dream I had was strange.

 

In my dream I was sitting in a garden at a place I did not know. The weather was really nice and I was enjoying the sun and peace. But suddenly someone grabbed my hand and dragged me away. I was about to yell at the person but then I noticed the similarities with Kyuhyun. Could it really be him? I struggled not wanting to go further but his hold on my wrist got tighter. We ran into a house, went upstairs and stopped in front of a door. He rang and waited for it to open. Just when I was about to ask what the hell this was, the door opened to reveal some of Super Junior's members. What the hell? I realized that he had brought me to their dorm, but why? What was this all about? I saw luggage next to the door and I noticed that they were familiar. Kyuhyun grabbed it and pushed me inside. The guys greeted me happily and were talking about being happy that I would spend some time with them. I still was confused and just when Leeteuk was about to tell me what was going on, I woke up.

 

Well, that was just too weird. I sighed and looked at the clock. Too early to get up so I went back to sleep. Some hours later I woke up and went to school. The day was boring as always though this time I was thinking about my dream and the conversation I had with Kyuhyun the day before. What was this all about? The teachers somehow noticed that I was spacing out sometimes but left me alone since I am quite popular with them. Yeah, that is always a good thing. You get away with almost everything.

 

Once I arrived at home my mum told me that a card had arrived for me. I wondered who would write me a card in the middle of November since nothing special had happened. I opened the envelope and stared at the card. A Christmas card in the middle of November. Whoever sent it to me had surely lost their mind. I turned the card around and read 'Kyuhyun' at the bottom. Well talking about lost mind.

 

“Hey, princesses.

I bet you're already wondering why I'm sending you a Christmas card. Well there is a reason for it and you will soon find out. It might have something to do with your surprise. I hope you're doing well. Be good at school and see you soon.

Much Love, Kyuhyun and the rest”

 

I stared at the card. Okay, what was this about? See you soon..... So this meant I would see them soon, but when and where? And what was the reason for the Christmas card? Would I see them on Christmas? More and more questions started to bother me. Kyuhyun owned me a lot of answers and I would get them soon. Hopefully. Another week passed by with nothing interesting happening. Not until I got another call on Skype.

 

“Hello? Kyuhyun?”

 

“Hey, princess. How are you?”

 

“Well what do you think? You left me stunned and I got your weird card. What is all of this about? Care to explain?”

 

“Well now that we finished planning everything and got the okay from your parents: yes. You're coming to Seoul to visit us.” Say what?

 

“Good joke, now seriously. What is this about?”

 

“This is no joke. We talked to our Manager and our president and they were okay with it after we begged them. Then we talked to your parents if they were okay with it. Talking to them was complicated but somehow we managed to do it. So you'll be here during your holidays.”

 

“You do realize that I don't have the money to pay for the trip and everything. How am I supposed to get there without money?”

 

“We will pay. It was our idea, we miss you and want to show you a part of our lifes.”

 

“No way. You're not going to pay for it. You thought I would simply agree with that?”

 

“No but I hope so in a way. We have a little job for you as you will help us out here and there so this will be the pay for the flight in a way. Are you okay with that?”

 

“Well, you booked the flight already I guess and sorted everything out. I have to be okay with it, don't I?”

 

“Aww, come on. It will be fun and you'll finally see all of us again plus Henry and Zhoumi. Aren't you happy about that?”

 

“I am, oppa. I just feel bad about you guys paying for me. That's all. I am excited to see you again, but the thing with the money is bothering me.”

 

“Don't worry. We're fine with it, so accept it. How was school? Boring as always?

 

“Tell me about it. I mean we are learning a lot but I still feel bored. But oppa. When will I exactly leave? I mean I need to prepare my stuff soon and how long will I stay?”

 

“Well...” With that he told me me everything I needed to know.

 

“Okay. Well I think you should go and rest. It's getting too late for you and I still need to finish homework. We'll talk soon again.”

 

“Sure. Well don't overwork yourself with homework and sleep well later. Goodbye, princess.”

 

“Goodnight, oppa. Sweet dreams.”

 

With that I hung up. I still could not believe that I was really going to Seoul next month and spend Christmas and New Year there. But that meant that I needed to prepare a lot. I had to get a visa for the stay there and I had to do that fast. I went to my parents to talk about it and they were surprised that I finally knew about the journey. We agreed on going to the travel agency to aplly for my visa. And then there was another thing: what clothes and so on would I take with me? I was not that sure how the weather is there in winter so I decided to ask one of the members once I would talk to them the next time.

 

Time passed by, me being busy with school and preparing for the journey. I got more and more excited about it since I did not really think I would go to Korea this soon. I somehow felt bad that I left my best friend behind but she told me to enjoy it and get her as many autographs as possible and she told me that she might want to get some stuff from there. Of course I would get her something but I had to see first what they offer there. I also decided that I would try some soju when I remembered that I was not of full age to drink alcohol. Well then I needed to ask the members nicely to just let me try a sip.

 

The day of my departure finally came, two days before Christmas Eve, meaning that I would arrive the day before the 24th. It would get hectic and I wondered how the flight would be. I never traveled that far by plane and I wondered if I would have jet lag and what to do about it, but then again: SuJu had traveled already this far and would know how to handle jet lag. I got my bag and my purse and entered the car after biding goodbye to my family. My dad would drive me to the airport and help me out a little bit there.

 

We arrived 2 hours early and finished with the check in. Then I had to wait for quite some time. My dad told me to be careful, not to let my stuff get stolen and to always stick with a member because they promised to take care of me. I nodded silently a little bit embarrassed about the thing with the members. I guess he told them that they would regret their plan if anything happened to me. Caring dads can be very scary and embarrassing, I guess. The remaining time passed and finally it was my time to borad the plane.

 

Before I left for my gate, I bid goodbye to my dad. He told me to have fun and to be careful and then I made my way to get to the plane. A wave of excitement and nervousness rushed over me. Once I was finally on the plane I calmed down a little bit and realization hit me. I was really going to Seoul.

 

The first few hours of the flight were quite boring. The only thing I did was read a book. I got tired and decided to sleep, not really interested in the person next to me.

 

I felt someone shake me and I wanted to slap the hand away since it felt like I had only slept for a few minutes. The disappointment was big once I noticed that the hand had pulled away but started to shake me soon after. I growled disapprovingly and decided to wake up anyways since I wanted to scold the person who dared to wake me up. Once I looked to my left I saw a guy smiling at me. He seemed to be a little older than me.

 

“The stewardess just came and gave us something to eat. I thought you should eat it before it gets cold”, he said.

 

“Th-thanks, I guess. Sorry for troubling you”, I said while blushing. How embarrassing.

 

“No problem. It was cute how you growled and fought to sleep some more.”

 

“I shouldn't have done that, but I think you noticed that I'm not the type of person who wakes up easily.”

 

“Yeah, it is obvious. Now eat or me waking you up would've been a waste.”

 

I nodded still embarrassed. For the rest of the flight I kept talking to him and when we stopped in Singapore, I stayed with him. The flight was less boring and not much time was left. When we arrived in Korea we got our bags together and he asked me if I needed help to get to my hotel. I shook my head and told him that I would be picked up. He smiled and bowed to me, saying that he had to leave. He gave me his number in case I would want to spend some time with him and if I wanted him to show me around Seoul.

 

I was then waiting alone at the airport for someone to pick me up. I already got warned that the person was a little bit late and that I should be patient for a while longer. While I was waiting I felt someone bump into me. I felt myself falling, but the guy reacted quickly and caught me in his arms. Once I looked up I could not believe who that guy was.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*sighs* Sorry that I updated only now but I just realized that my finals will be soon and I'm going to SS4 Paris :D and that means I'm also busy with preparing the fan projects. Will try to update as soon as possible :) and thanks for the comments <3