Second Date

Is This Real?
 

I woke up late the next morning and smiled thinking about what would happen. I got out of bed lazily and went to eat something. Slowly I started to get nervous about the date. I still wasn't sure what Kyuhyun had planned because like many of the members he is unpredictable and  was guessing that he got some help of the members. I was munching on my breakfast when Eunhyuk and Sungmin entered the kitchen.

 

“Oh annyeong Soomin-ah. Finally awake?”, Eunhyuk teased.

 

“Oppa~, it's not that late.”

 

“It's 11 am already. Kyuhyunnie woke up hours ago.”

 

“Oh really? What did he do already?”, I asked, hoping to get some hints.

 

“Nice try, little one but no. We're not telling you anything”, Sungmin said with a grin.

 

“Come on, oppa. Being clueless is driving me crazy.”

 

“No. Just wait. There is not much time left anyways so be patient.”

 

“Easy for you to say. You're not the one who is being nervous about going on a date with your crush”, I said but once I had finished I put my hands over my mouth.

 

“Ohhhh the little troublemaker is nervous and just admitted to have a crush on our maknae? How adorable”, Eunhyuk teased.

 

“It is, isn't it. You can see it that she is nervous. And that Kyu is your crush was pretty much obvious. Especially if we compare it with you date with Khunnie. You weren't that nervous”, Sungmin joined the teasing.

 

“Oppas, stop it. You're making me feel embarrassed”, I whined.

 

“Awww so cute. Soomin-ah, did you fall for him already?”, Eunhyuk continued.

 

“Fall for who?”, another voice suddenly asked.

I turned around and saw Kyuhyun come to us, looking back and forth curiously.

 

“Nothing, oppa”, I answered flustered.

 

“Are you anticipating our date already?”

 

“Y-yes, o-of course”, I stuttered while Eunhyuk and Sungmin started to chuckle.

 

“Good, you really should. You will love it for sure. Well it's a date with me after all.”

 

“Oppa, don't push it or else I have to hit you”, I warned him slightly irritated.

 

“Okay, okay. I need to prepare some more things. Just make sure to be ready on time.”

 

I nodded and was left with a grinning Eunhyuk and Sungmin.

 

“You two would be such a cute couple. Well there would be some fights but it's just too adorable how shy you get around him”, Sungmin said.

 

“Shut up, oppa. Once you find a girl you like, I'll have fun. And don't grin Hyukjae oppa because we both know that there is a girl you like in Germany, right?”, I said with an evil grin.

 

“I have no idea what you're talking about”, Eunhyuk replied and quickly left the room.

 

“So Soomin-ah, what do you want to wear for your date?”, Sungmin asked.

 

“Oh let me show you. Maybe you can tell me if it's okay.”

 

We went to my room and I showed him my dress and the shoes I wanted to wear.

 

“Woah, it's perfect. Cute but still elegant. He will surely faint once he sees you. I hope you will let your hair open with your curls..... He loves it when you have your hair that way”, Sungmin said.

 

“Yep, Heechul oppa already told me to do that. Oppa, later when I get dressed and so on, can you please tell me if it's okay if you're not busy?”

 

“Of course, Soomin-ah. Just call me then.”

 

I nodded happily and decided to get the stuff ready I would need later. That meant iron my dress, make sure that my shoes were clean, take a look at what make up I would need, etc. When I had finished everything, I looked at the clock. It was still a little bit to early so I decided to eat a snack and check if any member was at home to kill some time. Nobody was downstairs anymore so I went to the upper floor. Just when I entered the kitchen I saw Ryeowook looking up from whatever he was cooking with a smile.

 

“Oh Soomin-ah, you're hungry? Wanna try this?”

 

“As if you would take a no for an answer. Sure I wanna try something of oppas cooking.”

 

“Good. That's what I wanted to hear. Just sit there at the table and wait a bit. I'll be done soon.”

 

“Okay. Is anyone else here?”

 

“Donghae hyung is here but went to the bathroom before you came and well Kyuhyunnie has been coming in and out of the dorm like a mad person because of your date.”

 

I was silenced by his last part of the sentence because I was wondering what in the world he was doing. When I was about to ask if Ryeowook knew what Kyuhyun had planned my eyes got covered.

 

“Yah, who is it? I'm trying to have a conversation here”, I asked.

 

“Is that how you talk to your oppa?”, Donghae asked back.

 

“Oh sorry, oppa but it was a bad time. I'm trying to figure out some things, you know, and you interrupted me”, I told him with a pout.

 

“Oh, trying to find out more about your date? Don't bother trying. Kyuhyun told us that if we give you any hint bad things will happen. He can be scary sometimes and he talks too much when he shouldn't so we have to be careful.”

 

“Not even a hint? Aish, that maknae of yours can be so cruel.”

 

“But he has a soft side. As troublesome as he may be, he always cares for the people in his heart”, Ryeowook said, joining us with his cooking.

“Here you go. Eat a lot but you not too much Soomin-ah. You still have to fit into your dress.”

 

“Oppa, don't say things like that”, I whined.

 

“He is right. Just give me more than. Oh and Soomin-ah, I would approve you going out with Kyuhyunnie. I think you two would make a great couple and we would have someone who is able to control him”, Donghae said with a smile.

 

“O-oppa, w-what are you talking about? I'm just going on a date with him so what's up with the approving?”

 

“Huh? Oh nothing, I was just saying.”

 

We ate for a while without talking much until I noticed the clock on the wall. It was time to get ready or else I would be late and that's the last thing I wanted. I thanked for the food and excused myself. On my way down to the other floor I saw Kyuhyun passing by with a smile. I smiled back and tried to figure out anything suspicious about him but nothing. I guessed that he had prepared everything and came back to get ready now.

 

I entered the dorm on the floor downstairs and went to the bathroom to take a shower. When I was putting on my make up I heard someone knocking on my door softly.

“Soomin-ah, it's Sungmin. I just wanted to tell you that I'm back in case you want some opinions.”

 

“Oh oppa, perfect timing. I'll unlock the door. I'm only putting on some make up right now and don't worry, I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt”, I said with a chuckle.

 

Once I unlocked the door Sungmin came in and I finished putting on my make up while talking with him. He helped me to blow dry my hair and to make sure my natural curls looked nice. I straightened my bangs and looked at Sungmin who put his thumbs up in approval. I got dressed while he waited in the living room and once I was done I called him. Once he entered to room and saw me his jaw dropped.

 

“Woah, stunning. No, really it's perfect like this. You're so pretty, Soominnie.”

 

“Th-thanks, oppa. Are you sure?”

 

“Yes. 100% sure. Do me a favor and let me film his reaction when he sees you.”

 

“Okay, if you can make him pick me up in the living room instead of ringing and picking me up there.”

 

“Oh that's easy. I will get him now.”

 

And with that he went to get Kyuhyun. In the meantime I got my purse and put everything I might need in there. I had waited for some minutes when heard the front door open and close and Sungmin and Kyuhyun talking. Sungmin called me to come out which is what I did. I went out of my room and headed towards the living room where a very handsome Kyuhyun was standing, his jaw dropping even wider than Sungmin's had a while ago. Even his eyes went wide and I had to admit that it was amusing to see him stare at me like this.

 

I turned my head to Sungmin only to see that he was laughing like a mad person with his phone in his hand, trying not to shake too much. I looked back at Kyuhyun to check out what he was wearing: a dark grey jeans, a black shirt which had some buttons open and a dark grey coat which he had still ed. I giggled when I noticed that he was checking me out as well and that made him come back to reality.

 

“Y-you look stunning, Soomin-ah”, he said, his eyes still wide open.

 

“Thanks, oppa. You're handsome yourself”, I replied with a grin.

 

“Yah, you two. Stop ogling yourselves and go on your date. Oh and Cho Kyuhyun: hurt her in any way or let the date end up in a disaster and you're dead, you hear me. You better not mess this up. Soomin-ah have fun”, Sungmin said while glaring at Kyuhyun first and then smiling widely at me.

 

“Yes, hyung. I won't mess it up. Now let's go Soomin-ah. We'll be back later. Bye hyung.”

 

“Bye oppa.”

 

With a last wave we went out of the dorm and out of the house. When we got into Kyuhyun's car I was a little bit worried because I wasn't too sure about his driving skills but he wasn't that bad. We drove around and since I wasn't familiar with Seoul I had no idea where we were heading to. Soon we were at Han River making me wonder if we would have our date here. The sight was really pretty since it was dark and the atmosphere was great with the lights.

 

After a while Kyuhyun slowed down the car and drove it into a parking lot. He got out and when I was about to open my door, I noticed him opening it for me already and helping me out. I looked around at the scene and it was breathtaking. Kyuhyun got something out of the luggage compartment and then gently took my hand with his free one, leading us closer to the river. We soon where at a place where I saw a picnic blanket on the grass and some lamps that looked like flambeaux. It was so pretty and romantic that I felt like everything was unreal.

 

“Soo, do you like it?”, Kyuhyun asked.

 

“No. I love it. It's so pretty and romantic. Just perfect. How did you come up with this?”, I told him.

 

“Well best friends can be very useful when wanting to know what kinda girl she is that you asked on a date, you know.”

 

“Vicky.... Let me guess. The members helped you to prepare this?”

 

“Well not that much. Hyukie made sure that I don't overdo this and Ryeowook helped me with the food since you should know that I'm not that good at cooking.”

 

I had to giggle at that. “Let's sit down then, oppa. It's kinda hard to stand here with heels. Well and I'm curious about what you brought.”

 

With an embarrassed laugh he helped me to sit down and placed everything he had in the picnic basket. He got out food and at the end he handed me a rose. That startled me but I gladly took it. I love roses and him giving me a flower was already sweet but he topped it with giving me a rose. We started to eat and enjoyed the nice view.

 

“Woah, Ryeowook oppa is such an awesome cook. The food together with the view and you makes this evening just perfect”, I said with a smile.

 

“I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. Told you that our date would be awesome, didn't I?”

 

“Oppa, don't even start being like this.”

 

“What? This date is better than yours with Nichkhun.”

 

“Oppa, did you have to mention him? There is nothing going on between me and him and my date with him was really nice. Well if I ignore the being drunk part.”

 

“But this date will be even nicer. Let's not talk about him anymore.”

 

“Yeah. Oh what I wanted to know; what if your fans catch us here?”

 

“Don't worry. I asked for some help so we can have here some privacy.”

 

“Are you sure? What if they suspect that you're having a date? That would already make them and the media go crazy.”

 

“Well, let's just say that I'm having some private meeting with old friends and I didn't want to be stalked by my fans. They should understand that I want to keep my friends safe, right?”

 

“Omo, oppa, that's brilliant and at the same time I feel bad that you're lying to your fans.”

 

“Well, it's not my fault that dating is such an issue here and that fans go all crazy about it, is it?”

 

“True. I hope this dating thing would cool down but I guess it won't. Idols are handsome or pretty, rich, talented so how could they agree with someone taking them from them.”

 

“Maybe, but for now don't worry. I'm able to handle it.”

 

“Okay, I trust you.”

 

We finished eating and sat beside each other, talking about our families, friends and other things. Some time passed by and I was starting to freeze so we go up to take a walk. Kyuhyun put everything back into the luggage compartment and then we went alongside the river. I really enjoyed walking there late in the evening even thought it was cold. It was refreshing and the sight was too incredible.

 

“It's so nice here. I wish I would be able to take walks like these back home.”

 

“Just move here then. I wouldn't mind, you know”, Kyuhyun chuckled.

 

“I hope you do know that I first need to graduate this year. Unlike all other countries I still had to go for 13 years to school. Then we'll see. I want to study so that would mean about 5 years somewhere and then I could think about moving.”

 

“You could go to college here though.”

 

“Yeah, because my mother would be really happy with that. She isn't too fond of Asia and already isn't happy with my wish to study in Berlin so studying in South Korea would be awesome”, I said sarcastically.

 

“So your parents still haven't changed their mind about us and you being interested in Asia?”

 

“Not much. They said that you and Eunhyuk would be okay but yeah. I don't think they will ever learn.”

 

“I wonder what they would say if they knew that you're going on dates with Asian then.”

 

“You really don't wanna know. I hope they will change their attitude soon. Especially my sister. It's hard to bear with them sometimes.”

 

“Let's not talk about it. I know that your family issues is a sensitive topic.”

 

“How comes?”

 

“Vicky. She told me that you had some problems but not what. Just that I shouldn't mention it because it might ruin your mood and that's the last thing I want right now.”

 

“Oh okay. Let's go back. It's getting cold and late.”

 

We went back and got into the car. We sat there for a while in a comfortable silence when I noticed that Kyuhyun was looking at me. I looked back and the gap between us was slowly getting less. I felt Kyuhyun take a hold of my chin and us both closing the eyes when a phone rang like in a movie.

 

“Damn, I thought this would happen in movies”, Kyuhyun cursed while I looked out of the window with a flustered face.

“What is it? You surely know how to interrupt in moments you shouldn't.... I don't care if I'm supposed to call you hyung, Hyukjae, you freakin' interrupted us. Just tell me what you want..... No, we're not drunk, she is fine and yes we will head back now, gosh.”

 

With that he hung up, looking very irritated. I tried to calm him down and put my hand on his which actually helped. Once he was calm enough he drove back to the dorm. It was a silent ride but Kyuhyun was still a little bit tense so I didn't dare to ask him about his talk with Eunhyuk. When we arrived the dorm, we went upstairs. I tried to persuade Kyuhyun not to be mad at Eunhyuk but it wasn't working that well. He rang the door and after a moment Leeteuk opened the door. He frowned when he saw Kyuhyun and I gave him an apologetic look.

 

“Woah, way to end a date Kyuhyunnie.”

 

“Well, you should thank a certain idiot called Lee Hyukjae.”

 

“Oppa, please. It's okay. Don't be like this. It's not like he was waiting to ruin it or so.”

 

“He wasn't supposed to call at all. I told them not to disturb us because there was something else I wanted to do but now I wasn't able to do it.”

He entered the living room with me and Leeteuk following him to be greeted by all the members.

“YAH LEE HYUKJAE, I told you NOT to disturb me so why the hell did you call? You ruined the moment and took my chance to do something I wanted to do for a while. Any last wish?”

 

“Well, you see, Jungsoo hyung got worried and I'm sorry. I really didn't want to call but we just wanted to make sure you two were okay.”

 

“Well we were okay until you called. You know perfectly well how much it takes me to do stuff like that and you know perfectly well that I might not be able to …..............”

 

Sry for the late update >< I just wasn't in the mood to write or even read lately, so I decided to update once I was instead of messing up a chapter OTL well I hope you enjoyed this chapter ^^