The Beginning

Is This Real?

My life had rapid changes thanks to a concert but let me tell you how it could actually happen.

 

I liked the one called Yesung first. He caught my eyes when I saw my first performance of them. But since I was new he caught my eyes with his looks. I started to watch more performances and even shows and I got more and more into them. I started to recognize some of the members.


Shortly after that I saw the drama „Golden Bride“ where Heechul had a role. That was when I started to like him though Yesung was still my number two.


I liked Heechul until a certain someone came into my view. Someone who actually had been one of the last in my ranking list. I always cursed the fact that I saw the „Perfection“ music video. It was then that I started to fall for him. Him who changed my whole life.


You might be wondering who I am talking about. Let me tell you: he is the youngest of the group and some call him evil maknae, some Gamekyu or spoiled brat. He has many nicknames but I guess you all know who I mean. Cho Kyuhyun.


The guy who made me fall for him with his amazing voice. Once I heard him singing in the new song of Super Junior-M, I knew I would have to change my bias and ranking list. I first denied that I liked him but getting to know more about him, hearing his voice more often, seeing his handsome face with irresistible lips who made the most beautiful smile possible, made me unable not to change the fact that he is my new bias.
 

But I was being happy with finally finding an idol group I like the most since I was still somehow new to Kpop and still getting to know the more famous ones, I always had a problem. I would not be able to go to a concert or see them at all. Living in Europe is good and I do not mind it but the fact that I would only be able to see my idols in Asia was frustrating. Something every European fan knows about and many other fans, too.
 

It was in spring that something really good happened. Something that would change my whole life. Something which makes me think that fate actually exists. It started with the fantastic news of a Kpop concert in Europe. French fans made it possible for SMTown to go to Paris.
 

Once I heard that I went crazy, praying that I would be able to get some tickets. I talked with my best friend and she told me she wanted to go, too. Once I told it two friends at school they also got excited about it.
 

We started to plan everything, like the train we needed to take, if we actually would stay there or keep the whole night awake till the next train drives back in the early morning. All four of us were so excited to see the idols we were only able to see in the internet and me, who was lucky, also on “Arirang”.
Spring holidays started and we heard that they would sell them in the second week of our holidays. It was perfect for us since school was not blocking the chance to get them. Sadly enough both of my school friends could not go then. They were not allowed to since it was a problem that the concert was on a Friday.

 

Since I was working in the holidays I asked my best friend to try to get the tickets. I was so excited to hear if she got some or not. Once it was finally noon I prayed she had been able to get them. I was waiting for her text message with hopefully good news. Once I finished work I sadly read bad news. She wasn't able to get some since the server crashed down. Our dream, our hope, our excitement just popped like a bubble.
 

That day we still tried desperately to somehow find tickets which were bought too much or just from some who were selling them but we had no luck. The tickets we found cost more than double of the original price and we didn't have that much money since we had to think about the train ticket, too.
So actually we gave up on buying the tickets. Thinking positive we thought that they had to come back again.

 

We thought like that for weeks. I still was sad though that I was not able to be there but I tried living with the fact that I was not able to go to Paris. There were many rumors about the tickets; one of them being that Korean fans bought 500 tickets even before they were sold. Of course it made us angry but we couldn't do anything at all.
 

After a few days the french fans started another flash mob asking for a second day for the concert. It worked. They really added another day but we did not care anymore since we were done with it. Of course we wished to go there but we did not have the faith to get tickets at all like the last time. I was sad since those were the first Kpop concerts in Europe and we would not be there.
 

Then something happened which was unreal, which I just could not believe. My Unni told me to think about it again and try to get a ticket. And then the day came. Suddenly she told me that she knows someone who wanted to sell a ticket. I was still unsure if I should really spent the money but my Unni really wanted me to go and even made it possible to get the ticket for two thirds of the prize.
 

That was the day when I needed to prepare everything. I was going to Paris to see my favorite idols. I could not believe it. I checked the timetable of trains to get there and that was the first problem: I needed to skip school to go to Paris in time. You might think that it made me decide not to go but actually I couldn't care less. I booked the train ticket and asked my aunt if I could stay at her place while being there. Yes, having relatives in Paris was really good.
 

The weeks passed by me being impatiently waiting for the day that I would be going to Paris. And finally that day came. The 10th of June. Before I was able to go to Paris I still had to write my art exam though. I prayed that I would do well since the excitement was big. Luckily I had prepared well for the exam and finished it with a good feeling. My mom then picked me up at school to bring me to Cologne where my train would be leaving.
 

The drive to the train station took an hour. An hour where the other students would have their next class but I did not mind. I was only a few hours away of seeing the people I look up to. When we arrived I said goodbye and my mom told me to call them once I arrived in Paris. I went to the track where the train would arrive. After a few minutes of waiting it finally came. I searched for my place and waited for our departure. And finally we drove, drove to the place which would change my life. But not only my life but also the life of the people close to me.
 

Since I had some time to kill for over three hours I started to listen to music and read a little bit. Sometimes I looked out of the window enjoying the view. It was not my first travel by train to Paris but this time it went faster though we had a small delay. After three and half hours I finally arrived. It was already five pm by then so I needed to hurry up and bring my stuff to the home of my aunt since the concert would start at seven and I still wanted to meet up with my Unni and I needed to get my goodies. I quickly found my aunt waiting for me and we hurried up to go home. On the way she explained me how to go to the concert hall since I still was familiar with the subway.
 

After 20 minutes we arrived at her home. I practically threw my stuff on the floor, grabbed the apple my aunt gave me to eat on the way and went on my way with all the stuff I needed for the concert. Well that is what I thought. Half way there I noticed that I forgot my bracelets, my Minnie Mouse ears and other stuff I wanted to use at the concert but I had no time at all to go back. After half an hour I arrived at the station where I needed to exit. I just had a problem. I had no idea on where to go now.  That's when I saw two Asian girls.
 

I prayed that they would be going to the concert, too, and asked them. Luckily they were also going and were French. So they asked some people on the streets where the hall is and we went there together. It is great to see how fans stick together and help each other. Finally we arrived the place and wow: there were so many people. It took us half an hour to actually arrive the hall since the way there was so crowed and it took a lot of time for the staff to see if people had tickets. In the crowd I lost the two girls and went on by myself.
 

I found a place where they were selling goodies and was wondering if that would be the place I would get mine. I guess I was really lucky that day since I found some German fans who also were searching for the goodies and they took care of me. Being young is good sometimes. They asked the staff who was selling about our goodies and they said that we needed to get them inside the hall. So we went in while searching for the stall. After a few minutes we found it and got: a SMTown bag, t-shirt and towel. I was really excited and happy. But then this incident happened.
 

Me being all hyper and excited went to a wrong place and being the idiot I was I dropped my phone and kicked it to a place where it was hard to be reached. I cursed under my breath and went to grab my phone. What a fail. I must have looked really silly nearly lying on the floor trying to get my phone but I could not care less. That was when some of the security came and asked me what I was doing there and that I should not be here. I explained the situation but of course he did not really believe me and said that I was trying to go backstage.
 

I looked at him confused asking what he was talking about. I did not know that I was close to the backstage but he did not care. He wanted to throw me out but then an angelic voice spoke in a language I was used to hear but could not understand. I turned around and then I saw him. Only a few meters away. I was speechless, not sure what I should do or if I should do anything at all. He looked at me and asked in broken English:
 

“Why you here?”
 

Seeing the chance of getting my phone back without being thrown out and not missing the concert I quickly answered:
 

“I went the wrong way and then let accidentally my phone fall since I'm so excited and it landed back there. I was trying to get it but that man stopped me and accused me of weird things. Please, I just want my phone back and then enjoy the concert.”
 

He looked at me slightly confused and then at the security guy who translated it. He came closer. Cho Kyuhyun was standing right in front of me watching me when he asked where my phone was. I pointed with my finger to the place, not sure if I should move since that security guy could beat me up anytime. Kyuhyun went to said place and checked it. He said something to the security man and then went back to me while the other one tried to grab my phone.
 

We waited for a few minutes but no success. I felt empty, ignoring the fact that my bias was standing right next to me. My only thoughts were that my dad would kill me and that I would be in Paris without a phone. I started to panic and Kyuhyun noticed it. He looked at me with understanding eyes and said:
 

“You will get it back. Promise. Take this for promise. Come back here after concert. Okay?”
 

I looked at him with wide eyes and did not know what to do. He took out his iPod and handed it to me. I shook my head not accepting his iPod since he had to nothing to do with my clumsiness. But he  was stubborn and took my hand to place his iPod there. Then he said something to the security man and went off with a smile. The security told me to go into the hall while he would get my phone.
 

So I went into the hall in a daze, not realizing what was going on. Someone of the staff showed me to my  place and I sat there, starring at the stage silently, thinking about what had happened. But only for a few seconds since the concert then started.
 

To make this short it was a great concert. I got some fan service of Eunhyuk, Shindong and Ryeowook. It were things like pointing at me and giving smiles. I enjoyed the concert a lot, sang along and even danced along but my mind kept going back to Kyuhyun and my phone. I was wondering if I would get my phone back and what else would happen. It drove me crazy.
 

After three and half hours the concert ended with many fans crying out of joy not believing all of this happened. I was still in a daze. Meeting the idols you dream about, love and were only able to see in the internet is a feeling that cannot be explained. I went to the place where I lost my phone curious about what had happened with my phone. I kept praying that the security guy was able to get it or else I would have a dark future. I promised to call my best friend during the concert and another friend who had birthday this night but I wasn't able so I wanted to do it the next day. Then again my dad would kill me if he knew about this.
 

When I arrived at the place I saw the security guy standing there giving me a smile. He told me that Kyuhyun would come in a few minutes and hoped that I wouldn't mind waiting. I shook my head and waited with him. It was somehow awkward since no one was talking. I thought about breaking the silence but the problem was: what should you talk about with a security man? Well besides work that is. But since I was feeling uncomfortable I still asked him:
 

“Soo~.... Did something like this ever happen to you? You don't have to answer but I feel awkward somehow.”
 

“It never happened to me before but it's interesting and amusing that it turned like this. You didn't act like a fan girl when you saw Kyuhyun. That's the reason why I didn't throw you out immediately and of course that Kyuhyun believed you. You are one lucky girl”
 

“I guess I am. I'm glad he believed me or else I would have been in trouble with my parents and I would have had trouble to return to my aunt.”
 

“Then should give back your phone and get my iPod so aunt won't worry”, said a different voice.
I was taken aback and turned around. Kyuhyun was standing there holding my phone in his hand and grinning at me. I  took his iPod out to give it back. He grabbed it but while I wanted to grab my phone he playfully pulled away.

 

“Wait. How long will stay here? Can we meet?”
 

I stared at him with big unbelieving eyes. I blinked with my eyes unable to realize what was happening. Did he really ask me to meet him? Was this really happening? This was what every fan dreams about and it was really happening to me?
 

“I'll be going on Sunday noon. We could meet tomorrow but I don't think you'll have time”, I replied unsure.
 

“Hmm. Is possible to change to Monday? You are cute and act natural. Can I have your number?”
 

“W-what? I could change it. Are you sure this is okay?”, I asked while stuttering and blushing madly thanks to his words.
 

He nodded while smiling and handed me his phone so I could type in my number. Who was I to refuse that? I typed in my number still being in a daze of all the happenings and kept wondering if this really would work out. Once I gave him my number he gave me my phone back and said something in Korean to the security guy. Kyuhyun waved and gave me one last smile when he went back. I guess he had to go back to the members and then head to the hotel they were staying in. I wanted to leave when the security guy caught me by my arm.

 

“I'll bring you home. Kyuhyun told me to bring you back safely. He said it should be dangerous if a girl wanders around this late at night.”
 

First I refused, saying I would be fine and I could handle myself but he insisted on taking me back or else Kyuhyun would be worried and maybe get mad at him. Understanding his reasons and not wanting him in trouble after rescuing my phone I agreed. We talked the whole drive to my aunt about his job and of course the members. He was still surprised that I could handle my fangirl feelings that well.

We arrived my aunt's home soon and I bid him a safe drive and good night. I went into the apartment still thinking about the past few hours and kept wondering if Kyuhyun would really call me to meet him. That's when I heard my phone ringing.......