Bagels - 2

Of Hotdogs, Bagels, and Basil

A/N: Hey guys! How was knowing Krys? Kinda bit of a sad past right? But hey, Amber's coming! Let's meet her today! 

Thank you to all the members who are subscribing to the story. Please do leave a comment if you have violent reactions hehehe...😀

Ciao! ✌

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

 


Amber's POV

2009, 7:00 am

John F. Kennedy International Airport

jfk-airport-transportation.jpg

 

Finally! I have arrived New York! Alone time for Amber at last! I stretched my body and fixed the snap back on my head.


No parents, no girlfriends, just me and the bustling city of New York.


Amber's adventure of a lifetime before her lockdown..


Good thing I convinced Mom to let me visit first before flying to them. Even just for a few hours I will have a chance of touring this magnificent city alone and free. No girlfriends hanging at my side whining about how tired they are or how cold it is.


I'm a girl too but I dress like a guy and looks more like a guy and likes girls but still a girl. In short, I'm gay. I know it's hot or cold so why wear something not appropriate or why whine at me if you chose to join me. You know what I'm saying?! That's why I easily lose interest with them after a week.


High school is like a jungle full of vicious animals lurking around, talking about territories and latest conquers. I'm one of the chosen few who is on top of the food chain. Since coming out, a lot of my female school mates throw themselves at me asking for me to date them. I'm pretty famous too with the male crowd as their crush or their Idol when it comes to girls.


At the age of 18, I already dated half the population of my High School and bedded a few of them. My first time was with a pretty and y Senior, her name was Suzy and she taught how to do it. After she graduated, I started to have different girlfriends every week for the rest of my stay on the school until I graduated too.


Why am I doing it? Maybe because I'm bored and maybe because I want to prove something. Love is just a feeling of lust, after the rush, it ends there.


And by tomorrow I will meet my parents and do everything what they want me to do as what is expected of me. They want me to go home and continue my studies there, but the real thing is Dad just wants me close to them so I can learn the business while I'm attending the university.


Scratch that Amber, just about that for now. Because for 15 hours you have the freedom to do whatever you want.


I only have my backpack with me and it already contains all the valuable things I needed. No need for me to bring luggages, I also have clothes to where I am flying. Probably been readied by Mom just waiting for me to arrive. Some of my important huge things are also shipped a week ago.

 


I went out of the airport with my bag slinging on my shoulders and a dark sunglass covering my eyes. There's a lot of taxi but I chose one that looks safe. The driver is a middle age brunette with a big smile on her face.


"Hi... Ahmm could you take me to a place I will enjoy.." Great Amber. What a choice.


"Sure thing son, but what specific place do you want? There's a lot of places to visit here in New York that you'll definitely enjoy. " She told me with a smile on her face. She emits a motherly aura that's why I feel comfortable with her.


"Then what do you suggest? It's my first time here and will just stay until tonight. I just need a quiet place where I can see a lot of people and trees. Or museums and other landmarks." Being stuck in L.A. is not a good idea. I was born and raised there but my parents won't even let me travel to other parts of the country. I've been to SanFo with them before and Washington. We mostly do out of the country visits.


"Well I know one place you'll enjoy son. I'll take you to Central Park!" She grinned at me and started the engine, driving away from the airport.


"Thank you, I appreciate your help. " I said to her and I busied myself watching the scenery outside the window. Thinking about what lies beneath this city and thinking about breakfast as my stomach grumbled. I forgot I only had Boba when I left L.A. and a Cheese burger.


The lady smiled at me from the rearview mirror and I smiled back at her embarassed. "Son you have to get breakfast! I suggest you get some Bagels at the cafe near the park. It always makes me full before I do my driving."


I scratched my neck out of shyness. Stupid stomach..


"I suppose solo traveler, eh? Kids these days, always traveling solo. Wher're you from son?"


"Er.. Born and raised in L.A. , Taiwanese and Korean descent. I just passed by New York to take a break then I'll fly to my parents later tonight. "


"I knew it once you spoke a while ago. You had this Cali accent and I'm right. And you're so handsome, if I have a daughter I'll definitely let you be her boyfriend." She chuckled at me. Haha... I've been mistaken for a guy again tsk tsk..


"Ahmmm.... Actually, I'm a girl." I grinned at her making her eyes wide.


"Oh my God I'm so sorry! Sorry if I called you son earlier! Wow..... That's why your voice is a little different and your features too. You look handsome and the same time pretty. Oh well! I'll still let you be with my daughter if ever, you can be her girlfriend and I don't care. You look like a nice kid anyway. Hehe."


"It's okay mam, I don't mind you calling me that, I'm already used to it. And if ever you have a daughter, I'll definitely date her mam." I grinned at her and smiled like a kid.


We reached our destination and I thanked her. Giving a few extra bucks as her tip.


"This is too much kid, I can't take this!" She tried to give back the bills to me but I just put it on the pocket of her blazer.


"It's okay mam, thank you for suggesting this place to me."


"Well then, if you insist. I hope you enjoy your stay here. You're such a nice kid. Who knows, you might met someone who will make you stay in New York unforgettable."

 

"I'll enjoy my stay, take care in driving!" I waved at her and ran in the park leaving the driver shaking her head and smiling. She's weird, but nice.

 

Central-Park-in-Autumn.jpg


Central Park is really beautiful especially this day. A bit cold but tolerable. I had my jacket and snap back on so no problemo. First things first, I need a place to hang out and have breakfast! The lady says Bagels so Bagels it is!


I started walking to the way we're the cafes' are located and I saw one shop that looks okay. I entered and looked at the menu at the top of the counter. Bagels with Cream cheese and Americano is fine. I went to the counter and ordered my breakfast with a smile on my face. The old lady smiled at me and gave me the food and I let myself sit on the table near the door looking at the passers-by on the street.


I love this moment, just me sipping coffee eating breakfast without anyone interrupting me. Like a normal person, no one telling me what to do and what to say.


No scolding like 'That's not the way it is Amber!' 'Amber you should listen to your Father' 'Amber you should learn how to handle our business' 'Amber you took a girl home again!'.


Okay, the last part was my fault hehe.


An hour passed by and I'm still inside the Cafe just enjoying my 2nd Bagel when I saw a kid bump into a girl. The girl looked at the kid and tried to console her but the mother already arrived and picked up the little girl. It looks like all's well because they smiled to each other and the girl even waved to the child who just stuck out her tongue.


Come to think of it, the girl is beautiful. She waved at them and exited the store. That's when I notice a purse on the floor where she was standing a while ago when the girl bumped into her. I immediately stood up getting my paper bag of Bagel and coffee cup and took the purse hoping that she's just outside.


The girl might still be near, I told myself as I went out the store and craned my neck at all direction she might went on. I saw the denim jacket with Black polka dots that she's wearing and I ran just to get to her.


She's heading inside the park and I follow her from behind, a good 5 meters behind her. We were walking in the Mall and I can't help myself but adore her. She's wearing a black beanie over her long raven black hair. Her built is fine, her curves if you will see it from the back is Wow. Okay that was a bit ert of me.

oa2.jpg


I notice that we are heading to the grassy part of the park where people hang out and just sit there or lay down just doing their thing. She plopped herself under a tree and stretched her arms. She's so cute.


Seeing a spot near her so I can watch her, I sat down on the grass and just marvel at the beauty unfolding before me. After a while, she sat down and started eating her Bagels and sipping her Iced Coffee. Wow....


She's beautiful.... As in beautiful that you don't-want- to-take-your-eyes-away-from-her type. Her nose, her eyes, the way she munch on her Bagel, the way her lips move. And what made me hitch my breath is when the sunlight shone on her... She was beyond ethereal.


She has this faraway look, suddenly halting her eating. I followed her gaze and saw a mother and child, the kid kissed her mother's nose as an answer to the mom's kisses. Maybe she remembered something.


Should I give this to her now? Or I'll let her rest first?
it! I'll give this to her now before she looks for it.


I stood up and started to approach her with trembling knees. Hold up! Why am I trembling!?


What shall I say?


Hi girl! I think you dropped your purse, with that my heart also dropped because of your beauty.... Lame.


Hey you... You dropped this! Bye!... That's bad.


Hey you beautiful-y-looking-girl... Forget it.


Amber just say it like a normal Llama will do...

 


"Excuse me.... I think you dropped something."

 


When she turned to me, I think the air was knocked out from my lungs. Her face is so.... Beautiful.. beyond compare to anyone else... her lips so rosy... her nose so perfect that I want to pinch it. Her eyes brown with a tinge of sadness that instantly changed to confusion when she saw me.

 


Oh my effing God. A Goddess went down from Olympus.

 

Do I get down on my knees?

 

"H-h-h-i is this yours?" I showed her the purse and her face suddenly lights up and now I see her smile and I feel like I won the jackpot in the casino.

 

"Oh my Gahd! Where did you get it?! Thank you so much!" 

 

"Y-you dropped it at the cafe and I saw you when the kid bumped into you. So yeah... I looked for you and saw you here.." I said to her with a smile on my face but the truth is, I'm soo nervous inside. 

 

"Thank you again! I'm screwed if I lost this purse, it's my pocket money while I'm staying here." She said to me while smiling and we were doing that smiling thing until she realize I'm still standing in front of her. 

 

"Oh my Gahd sorry! Would you like to sit with me? I got Bagels?" She grinned at me showing her pearly white teeth. Gosh.. why is she so cute...

 

I sat down beside her and smoothen my jacket, I handled her my paper bag of Bagels "I also have Bagels, it has cream cheese on it. Do you want?" 

 

"How about you? I bet that's your breakfast." 

 

"I'm fine.. I already ate 2 so maybe that's enough." Amber Liu are you feeling shy right now?

 

"Oookay..... Thank you for this. And also for the purse. My Dad will scold me if I lose this. He'll never let me travel alone anymore if ever." She said to me while biting her Bagel. Wow... It was a big bite but she still looks cute.

 

"You're alone too? We're the same... Solo traveller here too." I raised my hand to her smiling shyly. Ooohh Amber is shy.. 

 

"Really!!? That's great!"

 

Huh? What's great about that?

 

"How old are you by the way? And what are you doing alone here in New York?" She asked me while nibbling her food. 

 

"Im 18 years old and I'm here because I just want to see the city has to offer before I fly again to my destination tonight."

 

"Hmmm.. good enough reason." She's the cream cheese on her finger and damn it was not ual but she nailed it. I looked away immediately fighting the feeling inside. 

 

"H-how about you? What are you doing here alone in New York and how old are you? It's dangerous, you know.." Stop any erted thoughts right now Amber! 

 

"Are you?" She smirked at me and it made me swallow an invisible lump on my throat. Her eyes looking mischievously right now.

 

"A-am I what?" 

 

"Dangerous, you dummy." 

 

"M-me? Of course not."

 

"Then that's good. To answer your questions, I'm 18 years old too and the same with your reason I also want to see the city before I fly to my destination too tonight. I have to be in the airport before 12 midnight." 

 

"Really? Meet too! I mean, I have to be at the airport before 12 midnight. That's why I'm here just lazying around." 

 

She was looking at me intently with that beautiful brown orbs she has, like reading my whole being. I suddenly felt shy and turned red. She noticed it and a saw a tinge of pink on her cheeks. 

 

Is she freaking checking me out?

 

"I-i'm sorry... I was just... Ahhhm..." She cleared and took a sip of her Iced Coffee clumsily that a bit of what she's sipping slipped on the corner of . I reached for a napkin and contemplated if I should give it to her or should I wipe . I settled with the latter with trembling hands. 

 

"A-ahh y-you got t-that something..." I wiped it off and she blushed again looking at me shyly. 

 

"Thank you... T-that was messy of me." 

 

There was silence between us after that, but it was a comfortable silence. She finished eating the Bagel and is now fiddling with the straw of her Iced Coffee while I finish my Americano. 

 

"Sorry for being nosy, but can I ask you a question?" She said while looking at the view of the park. 

 

"Sure, what is it?" 

 

"Y-you look handsome... But there's something feminine about you and also your voice. Are you a girl?" I almost choke on my coffee when I heard her. This girl is so honest and straightforward I'm telling you. 

 

"Y-yes I'm a girl..." 

 

"Oh... Okay so I was right..... But you look so h-handsome you know. Soo ahmm... Do you swing both ways or just the other way?" She looks so cute right now while she plays with her straw. Like she just asked you a math equation casually. 

 

"I swing the other way, I suppose. I'm not attracted with guys but I'm popular with them as a buddy. Soo yeah.. that's it. Does it bother you that I'm like this?" I saw panic in her eyes like thinking that she hurt me with her honesty. 

 

"No! I mean It doesn't bother me at all. I also have friends who swing the other way and both ways whatsoever. I'm sorry if I offended you!" She was rubbing her palms pouting her lips at me and it made me chuckle. How many times did I use the word 'CUTE' on this girl today?

 

"Nah! It's okay. Atleast you had the nerve to ask me face to face. How about you? You're straight, right?" Because if you are, that will be sad for me. 

 

"Y-yah I am s-straight. Yeah.." she smiled at me stuttering. 

 

Oh yeah there goes my hope tsk tsk. 

 

She's muttering about something under her breath but I didn't get it. And I looked at her wondering. 

 

"What did you say?" 

 

"Oh shucks! I said do you want to join me today t-to explore this place?" 

 

She looks so jumpy so maybe she's just excited. And I don't have anything to do anyway, much better if I explore this place with someone. 

 

What happened to alone time Amber?! 

 

Alone time can wait but this girl right now is important. 

 

"Sure, why not. Where do you want to start?" 

 

"Around the park and then some museums too. And maybe if we still have time we can go to Timesquare?" 

 

She was biting her lower lip hoping for my answer and she has that eyesmile I'm starting to like. And right now all I want is to spend this day with her. 

 

I smiled at her and held up my hands grinning.

 

 

 

"Do you have a map?" 

 

 

 

 

 

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Bold Krystal we have here haha and a Playgirl Llama.. 😁 

Where will they go? 

Updates tomorrow! 

Ciao! ✌

 

Credits to Ambossing.com for Amber's photo above!