Hotdogs - 23

Of Hotdogs, Bagels, and Basil

A/N: Hi guys! A side story for the MoonSun couple. Double updates for today so stay tuned! 

I would like to thank our dear subscribers who voted up the story. Thank you very much it makes me happy to know that you like our story. :))

----------


Byul's POV


I woke up from a very, very bad headache this morning. Why? It's because of this one person.


Kim Yongsun.


Or more known as Kim Solar, the girl who always annoys me at the kitchen.


That girl who started to make my mind a jumbled mess after my good for nothing ex-boyfriend 'dump' me because as per him 'i fell out of love with you Byul..'. Yeah right..... Tssss..


After being together for 10 years (he's my first boyfriend since High School days) he told me that he fell out of love with me. It , I know. I cried buckets of tears, did drank all bottles of Soju on the BBQ house of Eun Gap-ssi with Krys and Luna. But the worst thing is finding out that he is cheating on me with my neighbor when we were still together.


How did I found out? Well it was one fine morning while I stretch my body at the balcony of my apartment when my very hot and y neighbor (yes I admit she is T_T) went out on her balcony too hanging her laundry. It was really nothing, I greeted her as a good neighbor I am. But my eyes darted on the clothing item she hanged on her clothes line.


It was a ing Iron Man boxers. It's not just the printed ones you can buy in Department stores. It was a hand painted one made by yours truly. Yes it's one of a kind because I made it just for him as a gift on his birthday one month ago before we broke up.


I asked the girl about it and she said it was his boyfriend's boxers. She was nice and sweet and the poor girl didn't even know that her boyfriend was my boyfriend first. That they were already in a relationship for almost one year and it's her boyfriend who encourage her to move to our apartment building. Stupid jerk he is!


Imagine 10 years of my life wasted on one guy who I thought i'll end up with. We built dreams together, talked about having kids, how big the house we'll buy, even marriage. But it all came crumbling down because of his cheating. My faith in men and relationships burned to ashes.


I wished I listened to my friends before back when we were still High School students. That I shouldn't settle to him that early because I'll meet a lot of guys along the way. Be free, do whatever you want because our young life is too short to waste on something not worth it.


But what can I do? He was my first suitor and my first love too.


Really, such a waste of time, days, years.


I'm lucky to have such good and supportive friends now who let me cry all I want until my tears dried up. Who didn't left my side and drank alongside me til we can't move anymore. That makes me a hangover soup the morning after at work and some honey water telling me that everything is going to be alright.


I became bitter because of that experience. I don't believe in love anymore until I heard Krys' secret. What happened in New York with her and Amber 7 years ago was unbelievable for me. Like, how can two strangers from different backgrounds unexpectedly meet in a city and in just one magical day they fall inlove with each other? There's a one in a million chance that it will happen but it did. How they let the universe to decide when and how they will meet again.


I never expected my best friend to do that and never expected too that she kept her secret to me til that day I asked her. That she has been waiting patiently for seven years for that person who made her believe in love, in taking chances, and believing that the universe will conspire in helping them to be together again. I told her she was crazy to do that but she just laughed and snorted at me.


"I may be crazy and a hopeless romantic fool too, but 'New York' (as what we call Amber before) already imprinted on me Byul and I did too on her. It was like meeting this person for the first time but it feels like you already knew each other for a very long time. I look into her eyes and I knew, she's the one I'm going to spend my life with. But we parted because we're still young and we still have to prove our worth. That I thought we wouldn't make it if we start that early because well, it's a whirlwind romance. But all those years I crave for her, her presence, her smile, her laugh, her mind, heck! Even her body!" Krystal bit her lip when she said the last sentence and it surprised me.


"What is this, Twilight?! Breaking Dawn?! Imprinting?! Her body, huh?! Did you gave yourself to a stranger you just met for a day Krystal!?" I asked her with widened eyes.


She just bit her bottom lips scratching her brows with her index finger blushing madly. "Well, yeah.... I gave my first time to her. And it was worth it... Every second of it. Regrets are far from my mind when I decided to do it with her. It was romantic.."


"That was stupid..." I and she slapped me on my arms while I laugh at her.


Maybe I can still believe in love again. Maybe it's not bad at all to try again and see if where it will lead me. Maybe I should start dating and be close to someone again. These things crossed my mind while Krys narrates her little adventure in New York.


Then few days after our talk, Amber came and they were reunited. The moment they saw each other again was so surreal. It was an honor for me to be one of the people who witnessed that special moment when they met unexpectedly again. Unbelievable but true, the universe did helped them to be together again. How Amber flew to Italy every year just to look for Krys and missed seeing Krys go up the stage and receive her medal of excellence when she arrived after the graduation proper just finished , how she missed Krys just by 30 minutes on that Italian diner, how it is a coincidence that Krys was just working for her sister Jackie for the past 3 years and she didn't even had a clue. She searched far and wide, but the Princess was just in the four walls of her sister's bistro waiting for her.


I saw how Krys' eyes lighten up every time she'll talk about Amber or how Amber turns red whenever she sees Krys smiling at her. How Krys yields to Amber's light scolding whenever she's too stubborn and did something that worries her girlfriend like last night where we were so drunk and Krys still insist to drive for us. Thankfully Luna called Amber and she came to fetch us. Amber's eyes showed worry, fear, and love.


Like what I see on Solar's eyes when she looks at me everytime I reject her.


The thing is, Solar always teases me and annoys me all the time. That short, long brown haired woman with a hot body paired with a beautiful face with a double dimple in when she smiles. The way her body moves when she does her thing in the kitchen is not ual but whenever I watch her discreetly, I always find myself swallowing an invisible lump on my throat. I wasn't attracted to her at all.

 

 


No.

 

 

 


I thought so.

 

 

 

 


You see, she kept on teasing me everyday. Asking me if we can eat dinner together alone, if we can watch a movie alone, if we can have a date. It was not unusual for me because I'm already used to being asked by the same before back in High School and College. I'm cool with it because I also have friends who swing that way but I have a boyfriend back then.


She was really persistent at first that's why I'm soooo annoyed. Krys always laughed at me for being tight about it. She said I should be chill about Solar being persistent because it means I'm an interesting person to know.


But Solar is a known player, she swings both ways. What if she's just playing with my feelings? I just got my heart broken, maybe she thought I'm easy to get now since I'm still vulnerable. But over the months the way she treats me never changed.


She always makes me feel special. She makes jokes in the kitchen just to make the atmosphere less suffocating. She teases me in a good way and the way she looks at me and winks at me makes me gay for her.


Yes, I think I'm turning gay because of her. Well, it's not a bad thing though. Way back even before I had a boyfriend I kinda notice myself being attracted to same but I just shrugged it thinking that it's just a normal phase for teenagers. And even when I already had a boyfriend I also had a small crush on Krys before but it's nothing because we're friends and who wouldn't have a crush on The Krystal Jung?! Hello!!!? Even straight rulers bend to her beauty and personality.


Krys told me to give Solar a chance to prove that she's a good person and I did. A few dates alone and long walks made me realize what I've been missing ever since. She's too precious not to notice and too good to let go.


She's a beautiful person inside and out. A caring and loving daughter, a good sister and provider for her family, a loyal friend and colleague. It made me anticipate her presence every morning at work. Her morning greetings with that sweet y voice she has accompanied with a mischievous wink that I always roll my eyes in annoyance. But the truth is, I'm loving every second of it unknown to her.

 

I told myself, maybe I should make the move on her. I want to know if it's all teasing or there's something bout it. Maybe it's time to let myself feel how to be love again.