Kimchi - 40

Of Hotdogs, Bagels, and Basil

A/N: Update juseyo part 3! :D 

 

---------

6c5728669972dce65f3cdb7386a5dcf8.jpg

 

 

 

"This is a surprise Madam Lee! How did you know that I'm coming?"


My uncle Jungho asked Grandma as he approached us at the door of the ballroom. The oldman has the nerve to wear a Hanbok. What is this?! His wedding!?


"My assistant informed me that you were in the lobby that's why we waited for you here in the door. Although the couple didn't invited you, we're still glad you made it Jungho." Oooh. Savage as always Grandma.


"Well, I'm family so it's just fitting that I attend this. This must be Amber, the groom?" How many times do I have to tell it. I AM NOT A BOY.


"Uncle Jungho, it's nice to meet you. Yes, I am Amber but I'm not a groom. I'm a girl if you didn't know." I smiled at him and gave him a bow as sign of respect. From the corner of my eye, I saw Kangin doing a sign to me.


"Hahaha! I know, I know that Amber. Just making you laugh, you seem nervous about this ceremony. It's not even legal just a ceremony of sorts."


"Why don't we go inside now Jungho.. your cousin Chae Young is here. Just sit with us in our table so that we can talk. Alright?" Grandma is all smiles but I know deep inside she wants to strangle this nephew of her deceased husband. Ooops. I mean my Grandfather.


"Please do go inside Uncle. I will just check on my fiancée.." Grandma ushered him inside with 2 of his bodyguards. The other guards are prohibited to enter the ballroom.


"I'm afraid only 2 are allowed inside. This is a private ceremony I hope you understand. We prepared the next room as your waiting area. Food will also be serve.. please deposit your firearms to our security. That is not needed here." I told the remaining bodyguards who came with Uncle. Is he going to attend a mobster convention?! They seem more than 20! I called on one of our security and had them inspected and ushered to the next room.


"Amber, all of our guys are already posted. Siwon caught one guy hiding on the ceiling with a sniper gun. He already took care of him." Donghae informed me discreetly while standing beside me and fixing my tuxedo.


"That's great Hae. Better report that to my boss.." I absentmindedly said. "I mean to Krystal my fiancée haha.."


"You look good Amber! That tuxedo suits you, you're looking fine and handsome on that." We suddenly looked at the mirror on the wall of the ballroom and stared at each other. Damn I look good. And I look like....

NMN3SQB_mk.jpg

 


"We look alike.." he said and I chuckled. Yeah we do look like twins.


"Come on let's go to Krys. Inform the guards at the holding area that they have to feed all of them. The ceremony will start in a few minutes."

 

 

We went to the holding room where Krys is staying before the ceremony. I knocked on the door thrice and Victoria opened the door blocking our way.


"Amber! What are you doing here?!"


"I'm here for my fiancée who else! I need to talk to her Vic. Where is she?" I tried to push the door but Vic grabbed my hands and swatted it playfully.


"No you can't see her! It's bad luck!"


"Vic, we saw each other this morning when we woke up. Is that also bad luck!? And this is an Engagement ceremony not the actual wedding." I scoffed at her.


"No can't do! We labored on this for hours! You can see her later when the ceremony starts." She crossed her arms to me raising her brows.


I sighed audibly. Viccccc.... I pouted at her shamelessly like a poor puppy that I am but Vic is like a dragoness that can't be tamed or broken.


"Fine.. I just need to tell her something about the plan."


She narrowed her eyes on me, maybe having second thoughts. "Wait for me here." She went inside the room and locked it. I heard Krystal's laughter from the other side and it somehow made me happy hearing her voice.


I'm actually nervous about what's going to happen later. What if we don't succeed on our plan?


A few seconds after, my phone rang showing Krystal's photo on the screen doing her merong. So this is their bright idea huh!


"Hi baby..." It was her y voice that greeted me from the other line. I can hear giggles from Luna and Byul from the other side.


"Hey Mrs. Liu... We'll be starting in a few minutes. Are you ready?" I can't help but release a small smile when I said it.


"Yep, been ready for a long, long time."


Let me just say that she made me giddy just by saying those words. Like my heart will burst because of happiness.


"Well if you're ready, I'll wait for you in the altar. I can't wait to see you Princess.."


"Hey lovebirds!" It was Luna shouting from the background "Stop that now and let's get it started! I'm hungeree!" Luna's English version of HUNGRY is HUNGEREE.


"I'll see you later Amber, Love you~."


My smile just got wider hearing it from her. Man... I'm so in love with this girl. What did she do to me?


"I love you too Jung Soojung~ Saranghae~" just as I turned to Hae I saw him cringe. Fine. I'm just being sweet.


"By the way Krys, Uncle Jungho has arrived. All men are already posted and they already caught one hiding on the ceiling. All of his security details are in the holding room. I told them to serve the food as soon as they settled. Any minute now they'll be snoring."


"Good. Vic is also ready Am, I'll see you there baby. Be careful, okay?"


"I will Krys.. and by the way, I got a surprise for you later. See yah!" I didn't have her a chance to ask and ended our call. I turned to Hae and he is still cringing to what he heard. Bastard.


"What?! Don't tell me you haven't fallen in love?"


"That's just plain too cringy Amber. Saranghae~!" He mimicked the way I said it and I cringe when it's him doing it. Err.


"Let's just go!"

 

 

---------

 

 

The spotlight in the stage shone on Key as he stood on the podium looking smart and dapper on his blue and shiny suit. He look like an idol based on his appearance and a diva on the side. He cleared his throat and bowed to the limited audience he has.


"Annyeong haseyo, my name is Kim Kibum and I will be the MC and officiating person on this ceremony. I would like to inform all of you that our Engagement Ceremony will be starting now."


The music started and all eyes darted to Amber who is looking handsome on her white Neiman Marcus tuxedo with a black ribbon, her hair swept at the side. Her lips curved into a big smile while she stood at the end of the red carpet.


The ballroom was decorated with Wisteria and White Lillys, with a box of Lavenders on every table.
"I would like to call the partner, Amber Josephine Liu. Please come forward buddy and face your consequence!" The small crowd erupted in laughter when Key called on Amber.


She walks on the carpet smiling at the guest and bowing at the elders. Once she reached the make shift altar, she bowed to Key and to the crowd.


"Amber and I only bonded a few days ago when Soojung introduced her to me. She's a very nice person inside and out and I'm glad my best friend is marrying her." Key dramatically dab on his fake tears. "Oh I'm sorry, let's continue the ceremony. Sorry, just a proud friend Uncle Tae." Atty. Jung showed him the fist jokingly and he cringe on that.


"Now, I would like to call the bride, Krystal Jung Soojung to join her partner on the altar." Some lights of the ballroom was turned off to make an effect and only the spotlight will be seen. All eyes zoomed in on the beautiful Goddess at the end of the carpet. Then the music played..

** Wonderful Tonight by Vitamin String Quartet

 

 

fx%2Bkrystal%2Bgolden%2Bdisc%2Bawards%2Bred%2Bcarpet%2B%25284%2529.jpg

 


She's wearing a white Cinderella-like off-shoulder evening ball gown looking immaculate and regal. Her make-up is simple but accentuates her stunning beauty, her brown hair styled loose draping on her shoulders.


Amber can't take her eyes off on her fiancée once the spotlight shone on the Goddess at the end of the carpet. The music played and Krystal walked on the carpet clutching her bouquet of white lillies and lavender with a sweet smile on her face while looking straight at her fiancée who is patiently waiting at the end.


For Amber, seeing Soojung walking in the aisle is a dream come true. She never thought this day would come, that she will finally marry the girl of her dreams. Even though this is just a ceremony of sorts and no documents will be sign to bind them legally, the rings they will exchange and words to be said later will be the bond they will cherish for infinity. Besides, the document will be sign next month in New York. But for now, this is her definition of infinity.


"Soojung-ah... You're wife is waiting for you. Palli!" The crowd erupted to laughter as Soojung crossed the carpet leading to her person. She chuckled in laughter at what Key said and teased Amber by walking forward then backward jokingly. Amber can only scratch her neck and chuckle at her bride for being playful.


Krystal roamed her eyes at their guests and beamed to all of them. Her gaze turned to her parents, her father and her two mom's smiling proudly at her. Then to her twin baby sisters who seems to be enjoying the lights and flowers. There was a familiar old man sitting beside Yuri and her Mom, he was also smiling proudly at her and nodded.

 


"Your daughter in-law is breathtakingly beautiful Chae Young. Amber is sure lucky to have her.." Jungho said to Chae Young who nodded and smiled.


"She is beautiful and will give descendants to our family."


"Huh.." Jungho sniggered and took a swig of his champagne. "How can that be when your daughter can't even impregnate her."


Chae Young kept her smile while watching Krystal nearing Amber. "There are ways now Jungho. The world is changing, and they will have a child like they wanted to."


"If you want, I'll volunteer my son to donate his seeds on your daughter in-law. You may choose if she wants it clinically done or for more effective way, naturally done. Hahaha!! If your daughter won't mind." Chae Young clenched her fist under the table. Mr. Liu gripped his wife's hand tightly trying to calm her down. He heard what Jungho said and all he wants is to punch the arrogant guy.


Mr. Liu cleared his throat and answered Jungho with a smile plastered on his face. "That's a lovely offer Jungho but I think the couple will not like it. Soojung is not a dog looking for stud services. She is our daughter in-law, please respect to her."


Jungho just raised his hands on the air surrendering and laughing at the same time. Unbeknownst to him, all his bodyguards are already knocked out and tied at the other ballroom. He roamed his eyes on the ballroom and saw his guy Kyuhyun who will do the deed later.


How enjoyable it is, to see Chae Young die in front of me. In the hands of a person they trust so much, Jungho thought. Say goodbye to your future grandkids Chae Young.

 

 

Krystal finally reached her fiancée who took both her hands as they stand together face to face. She gave her bouquet momentarily to Key so they can start the ceremony.


"Friends and family of Amber and Soojung, we will start the ceremony now. The rings please." Kyuhyun went to the altar and gave the rings to the couple. "Amber please say your vows."


Amber stared straight at Soojung and smiled warmly at her Goddess searching for the words she was memorizing an hour ago. that, she thought. It's better to say what's on my heart.


"Jung Soojung, when we first met each other we were two 18 year olds looking for our place in life. I was looking at you from afar on that one fateful day in Central Park and I knew that instant that you will be part of my existence in this world we live in. You, the most beautiful girl I've ever seen made my heart go badump badump when you bit on that bagel I gave you with smudges of cream cheese on your lips. You made me fall inlove with your character, your intelligence, your wit, your boldness, and your smile. That special smile of yours that only I had the privilege to see every day. You made me do things I haven't done before then, you made me realize my worth in this world. I fell inlove with you that day and it pained me that we have to part.." tears rolled on Amber's cheeks at she took a deep breath. Soojung brushed aside the tears with her thumb and smiled at her life lovingly. "I fell inlove with you because you loved me when I couldn't love myself..." Amber bit her lips and continued "We promised each other that once our paths cross again, we will not let go and continue that love we had that was formed in a day. For others, it was crazy. Some don't believe it, but for me it's a miracle. Distance doesn't matter, the memories we made that day made me live every day and became my motivation to study. Searching for you was a bit tedious because, admit it Soojung, we are crazy not to give our names to each other!" Soojung slapped Amber's arm lightly and giggled at her.


"I didn't know that the one I've been searching for is already back home and is just one step away from me. Such luck, right? It was like searching for a treasure around the world and finding out that the treasure is just right at your home waiting for you. I love you Jung Soojung, all your flaws and all your craziness, your mistakes, your imperfections, all that is beautiful and dear to you. I love you because you're the only one who fought for me and made me believe that I'm worth it. I told you before, I don't do promises because promises are meant to be broken. But for you, I'll make an exception. I promise to love you every day of our life through infinity. I promise you a life that you deserve, even if life isn't perfect and problems may arise but still I will hold your hand and together we will face all of it. I promise to eat rice even if I don't like it." Krystal's eyebrow suddenly raised on the rice part not believing her girlfriend. "And I promise not to break my promises or else starve me to death."


"I'm not perfect. I'll annoy you, tease you, say stupid things,but you'll never find anyone who loves you like I do." Amber slid the ring on Soojung's finger and kissed it so tenderly. Soojung once again brushed the tears on Amber's cheeks and can't help herself but kiss her girlfriend's eyes.


"That was a very beautiful vow Amber... Yah! Jung Soojung! No kissing until the ceremony is over!!!" Krystal laughed softly at her best friend and covered .


"Now, it's your turn Soojung to say your vows."


Krystal smiled lovingly and wholeheartedly to Amber, like how she sees the love emitting from her girlfriend's eyes.


"Amber, I don't know if I can beat that lengthy vow of yours but I do love it and everything about you. I don't care if you ramble all day about anything and everything because I'll be here listening to you til you get tired. I thank God that it was you who saw my purse and followed me in Central Park. The truth is, when you walked up to me and gave me my purse I instantly felt a connection just by looking in your eyes. The way you smile, the way you scratch your neck when you're nervous made me crushing on you. I got to know you while browsing the galleries of MoMa and stared together at The Starry Night and talk about everything under the sun. That's when I got to know you better and I admired your intelligence and the way you confidently strike a conversation. I fell for you when you made me feel like I'm the most important person on Earth, like I don't need to prove myself to anyone. I was broken but you made a way to complete me even just for a while. You did everything for me, even bought me an expensive cookbook without me asking. You ran around New York with ketchup stains on your chin, and it led us to one magical moment that I forever cherish. Just as I met the person I know I'm destined to spend my life with, I painstakingly parted with her and improved myself. It was stupid not to give each other's name but it became a motivation for me to finish my studies and look forward to meeting you soon even though I don't know where to find you in Korea. Luckily, the road going to you proved to be just near without me knowing. Seeing you that day in the bistro after 7 years made my dreams come true."


"I love you Amber Liu, there is a lot of adjective that best describes you. You're selfless, loving, sweet, loyal, a giver, my protector, and every word that suits you. You are my light when the path seems so dark, you are my rock when I felt like sometimes I want to give up. I know I told you I can be your rock when you needed support but still you proved yourself to me and also helped me."


Krystal held Amber's hands tightly while looking at her with a loving smile "I will protect you from harm and give you all the love you deserve. We were both broken in this cruel world before but we found solace with each other. I will give you the babies we wanted..." their friends cheered on them knowing that the two had wanted to be parents ever since.

 

"But please... Don't make me do it every year!" Amber chuckled and mouthed 'Okay' and made an okay sign with her fingers. "I know we can face all obstacles in life together and I know you will never leave me and you will be a good parent to our kids like how you care for my twin sisters. Thank you Amber. Thank you for coming into our lives, not just mine but to everyone of us."


"I love you Amber Liu, and I will never get tired of saying that til our own infinity. Everyday that I wake up in the morning, when I watch you for no apparent reason, when I see you smile while watching your favorite cartoon, while you eat the food I prepared for you, I always tell myself that I love you. And I'm lucky to have you. Baby, I know Renee Zellweger's line in Jerry Maguire is such a cliche and you definitely didn't got me at 'Hello'. But to tell you honestly, you got me the moment you offered your Bagels." The couple and the crowd laughed at what Krystal said. "With cream cheese to add that. All I wanted to say is, I love you and these feelings are eternal. I'm looking forward to many mornings filled with love and laughter with you Amber, so just wear this ring now for my sake!" The crowd went wild and clapped their hands as Krystal slipped the ring in Amber's finger and the two tried to kiss but the MC and Officiating person stopped them by stuffing the bouquet in front of their faces.


"Hold up! This isn't over yet! Wait for my signal you two!"


"Just get it over Key!" Amber smirked at Key while holding her partner.


Krystal tried to swat the bouquet away from her face and glared at her best friend. "Yah! Kim Kibum! What the heck!"


"Wait for my signal you bunnies. Promise me you won't kiss and wait for my signal!"


"We promise!" The couple chorus and grinned at Key who is slowly releasing the bouquet.


"Amber, you may kiss Soo-- oh it! Fine! Just kiss already!"

 

 


And with that, Amber and Soojung sealed their infinity with a kiss and a hearty applause from their families and friends. It was a kiss that holds a special meaning for both of them. It was a soft lingering kiss with all the promises of the future.

 

 

 

 

 

--------