Basil - 16

Of Hotdogs, Bagels, and Basil

A/N: Update juseyo! Part 2 :D

It's going to be a rough night for all of them...

----------------

 


"Hey Krys, let's go have lunch. They're already waiting for you outside.." Byul called me in the office popping her head on the door. I was checking my phone after the lunch hour ended and read Amber's texts to me.


She sent 3 text messages with short intervals. I've been reading it repeatedly trying to calm my mind.


From: Amber Llama

13:20 pm


Just got here in Busan Krys. Searching for the driver. Don't forget to eat lunch baby. Love you soooooo much! 😄😘😉


From: Amber Llama

13:30 pm


Already in the car now Krys. We actually have a convoy and 1 guy in suit seating on the passenger seat in front. I feel like being guarded right now. Don't worry I'll be okay! You're llama knows some moves! 😉 Love you Krys! 😘


From: Amber Llama

14:00 pm


Just arrived Krys. I'll be turning my phone on silent mode FYI. I didn't know it will be a meeting sort of. Mom and Dad is also here and some family members and some people I don't know who. I already texted Hyun to turn On the GPS and monitor me.
I love you no matter what happens.

 

I took a deep breath and release it loudly. Byul came inside and sat on the chair facing me with a calm demeanor on her face. "Krys... Don't worry nothing bad will happen to Amber. She'll be back later like she promised. And Victoria ordered Minho and Jonghyun to pull the Roman shades at the window so no one can see what's happening inside."


"I know Byul, I know she'll keep her promise... But I just can't help but worry about her now. Jackie and Aunt Jessi are worried too and they're pregnant. I don't want anything bad to happen with them." I leaned back on my swivel chair and groaned closing my eyes and craned my neck on the head rest.


Byul chuckled amusely at my action making me open my eyes. She was looking at my neck and I know what it is. I rolled my eyes to her and pulled the collar of my linen shirt up covering my neck. 

"What~" I scoffed at her and smirked. 


"I hate you Krys for parading that neck in front of me without shame! You do know that your friend here has been out of action for the last 5 months! How can you do this to me?!" She said faking her annoyance looking like she's gonna die for lack of . When Byul was still in a relationship, we normally see a few red marks on her neck indicating that she did have a healthy life with her boyfriend. After they broke up, Byul rejected any advances from anyone.


I smirked at her and stuck out my tongue "Merong~..." I giggled at her and she throws a ball of paper she got on my desk. "You know, you can always say yes to Solar for just one night. Just give it a try and I'm sure you're going to crave for it. That's just 5 months mind you. Amber and I waited for 7 years and we're still making up for it."


"I really can't believe it at first when she told the story about not hooking up with anyone for the last 7 years you were not together. I mean, it already came from that she was promiscuous back in high school. But to overcome it and be abstinent is something to look up to." Byul said with shaking her head smiling.


"Well she's getting a lot of it right now..." I giggled and bit the tip of my index finger like a kid." Sometimes I don't even wear something in bed--" 

 

"OH My God KRYSTAL JUNG! I'm not hearing this!!.." she jokingly said covering her ears with her hands shaking her head incredulously.


"Or sometimes we'll just do it at the couch--"


"Oh Lord no.. No stop that.."


"At the kitchen counter... The dining table... The balcony...the Fire exit...."


She threw my sticky notes to me and I dodged it laughing loudly at her reaction. She was blushing madly and stomping her foot. "I hate you!!"


"She loves doing it on the shower while I love doing it at the tub--" I continued my teasing to her and laughing too at her reaction.


"You know Krys you could have said you already had all over your apartment a hundred times and I would have saved my precious ears for hearing that things! Tssss! This is so annoying! I hate you!" She stomped her feet and tried to reach me for a smack but I leaned back laughing at her.


"YAH!!! Serves you right Moon Byulyi! Remember you did that to me before too! My innocent mind was corrupted because you tell me all that things you do with your ex. My ears and mind were corrupted I'm telling you!" I threw back the sticky note at her and she catches it and threw it back as if we're kids on the playground.


We heard a knock and Wendy's head popped at the door. "Chef Krys, Kyuhyun-ssi is at the dining area looking for you. She needs you immediately!" I immediately stood up and ran outside to see Kyuhyun-ssi on a table with his laptop and head phone.


"Hyun-ssi what happened? Did Amber called you?" I said and took a seat beside him with Byul at my side. Vic and Luna came too and waited for his words.


"Krystal-ssi, I already called my brothers ASAP. The meeting hasn't ended and Amber already told her Grandma about her decision not to take the position. Her Grandma is a little shaken and furious right now so we have to prepare earlier than what is planned. Her mom is so pissed off she looks like she's gonna bite Amber's head. We never know when disaster strikes." She shook his head and scratching it.


"C-can I see the live feed?" I asked him and he nodded. I took the headphone and wore it, and he opened a window on his lap top where a live feed is being transmitted. The view of the camera is from Amber's special reading glass. Bryan gave it to her and taught her how to use it. There's a very small camera at the side and a mic too so that the one who monitors the feed will hear everything being said.


It seems like Amber was on a dining table and on her left is an old lady with regal features her face on a scowl. Then when she turned to her right her father Mr. Liu was beside her. Mrs. Liu was at the opposite side, on her mother's left hand. She was looking at Amber with a sharp gaze like she's been betrayed by her own child. When she turned her head again to her right, there was some old men who I don't recognize except one. I saw the President sitting there like a dog waiting for her owners command. This is so ed up.


We watched the drama unfolding on the monitor, as Amber stood up and said her piece. "Grandma, Mom, I already said it. I don't want any of these, I just want to live a normal life away from all of these."


The elder woman cleared and looked at Amber with a raised eyebrow. "Tell me Amber... What made you change your mind all of a sudden? You were an obedient child before... You always say yes to whatever we ask you to do. I gave you everything you need, all the money and things beyond your reach."


"Grandma I don't want this life. Yes you gave me all I want, pampering me with everything. But when I already came to my senses and knew about what the family do, I felt ashamed of it. I feed my self using the money of tax payers, even buy things and spend it like there's no tomorrow not knowing that every cent came from the citizens of this country. I'm sorry but I really don't want it. You can give it to them" indicating the old men surrounding them on the table.


"Is it because of that girl? Is she the reason why you flew secretly to Italy every year? " Mrs. Liu said to Amber while clutching her wine glass looking straight at her. It was like she knew I'm on the other side because she's staring intently.


"Mom don't--"


"Amber we accepted your uality before knowing that it will be beneficial for the family. You know that we don't have a male heir and you're the only one left so please reconsider your decision again." The old woman was looking at her sternly. I don't know what her reaction is but she looked at her Grandmother then to her mother and spoke.


"I'm sorry Grandma but I've decided. I will not accept it and will not in any way be involve with the activities your company is doing. Dad is here, maybe he can take my place. Or one of my cousins from the uncles." She took her backpack down the table and opened it pulling out what I think is her wallet, apartment key, and cellphone. Then closed it again and swinged it on her arms and turned around ready to leave.


"Amber, my grand child." She pause on her tracks and look back to her Grandma. "Tell me, why are turning your back to a future already prepared for you? Everything will be given to you with just a snap of your finger. You will be powerful beyond compare and will be the protector of our family heirloom."


Amber turned her body facing her Grandma and I can see Mrs. Liu's face scowling at her. "Because I don't want my kids to have the same future that you are offering to me right now. I want to have my own family and build it away from this dark world you are offering. I don't want them to be ashamed of what I'm doing. They don't need a clumsy llama like me ordering them around."


Her Grandma closed her eyes and it seems she's thinking deeply. Her mom looking at her with disappointment in her eyes and spoke "So what are you going to do now? Live a normal life? Work your off to earn money and feed yourself? You're making a big mistake here Amber. Like what your sister did. A huge mistake you're going to regret."


"I won't regret it mom, because I know i'll be proud of myself everytime I put food on my mouth knowing that I sweat my off earning that money in a good way. I can apply for a job in some companies because of the good education you gave me, that I am thankful for Mom. And Jackie didn't do a big mistake because she's happy with her life now away from this. Now it's my chance to have it too."


"But--"


"Silence!!" Grandma Lee cut her daughter's words and looked at Amber. I think there's tears on her eyes but I can't see it clearly. But her eyes shows understanding and proudness for her grandchild. She took a deep breath and release it with a sigh. She motioned her hands and a guy wearing a suit came with a piece of paper and pen placing it in front of Amber. "This is a document, when you sign this Amber it means you will no longer be part of this family. You will forfeit everything that is given to you by your Grandpa when he was alive. Your trust funds and properties named after you that came from the Lee clan. And we will take your name out of the family registry of the Lee's."


Amber's sight went down to the paper in front of her and I saw that what her Grandma says is true. And every property that is under Amber's name was listed there. Wow.... I didn't know my girlfriend was the owner of a big shopping mall in Myeongdong. Even a building where a big entertainment company uses was on her name. I snickered when I saw the company name, Vic and Luna too saw it and flicked their tongue.


"Maybe Amber can ask her Grandma to give that building to her then let's ask her to burn down the building ahehehehe......" Luna said that made me chuckle.


"Yeah I know, right? Or maybe flood the floors of that building especially the CEO's office. God I hate him! " Vic rolled her eyes in annoyance pulling her hair.


Byul crossed her arms and joined the cursing at the company because she too is also a fan of that girl group we gush about. That 4 gorgeous and talented girls deserves a comeback and the company haven't given them any! "I swear I'm going to bulldoze that building if they don't give them a comeback. Only 1 concert in 7 years of being active!!! The that company. "

 

"I know girls. I hate that company..." I sneered. 


I saw how Amber signs the document and left the pen on the table. Her Grandma motioned her to come forward and envelop her to a tight hug. Her Grandma loves her so much I can see, and she's hurt but what I heard from her whisper made me tear up.


"Amber, please make me proud. I love you so much you know that. Your mom is looking at us now and I have to bring out this facade. Do you really have to move out of your apartment?"


"Yes Grandma, I don't deserve it now. Please be in good health and don't worry about me. I have to go now, my future is waiting patiently in Seoul."


They broke the hug and her Grandma's face changed into an authorative one like a king giving her ministers a decision. "Amber is no longer a part of this family. But it doesn't mean that she is not protected, no one is allowed to touch her or anyone involve around her. Understand?"


I heard a murmur of yes and her Grandma stood up leaving the room with a group of people most notably Mrs. Liu trailing behind her. Her father pulled her arms discreetly and they entered a bathroom. Checking no one is inside, he looked directly at Amber and I think he knows it has a camera. "Kyuhyun are you there?" I gave the head phone to Hyun-ssi so they can talk.


"Master Liu this is Kyuhyun-ssi.."


"Good, Kyuhyun I need you to protect the fortress now."


"What? Dad is anything happening?" I heard Amber asked in a low voice. Her father looks so bothered right now.


"Just making sure Amber, because your mom is pissed off right now. I heard last night that she is talking to her assistant about posting men around the bistro's vicinity. Just tell them not to go out the bistro, okay?"


"But Dad! Grandma said no one can touch me or them!"


"Who can stop your mom? No one. Hold the fortress Kyuhyun, I already talked to Bryan and all security features are activated remotely from his home. Jackie is also safe from their home, is Victoria out there?" Kyuhyun switched on the mic of the laptop so we don't have to use the headphone anymore.


"Yes Master Liu, I'm here."


"You know what to do later when fireworks strikes. Be safe all of you. I'll send Amber home by air, landing area is the nearest tall building there. Send someone to get her and stay on the bistro. Arasso?"


"Yes Master Liu.."


Luna, Byul, and I are looking at each other like we have just heard a cruel joke. Why does it feel like we're in some kind of a clan war or something? Fireworks strike!? In the middle of the day!? What's important to me is Amber will be back faster than than we expected.


"Now Amber, let's go we need to get you out of here fast. To the helipad now. And take off the glasses now. Kyuhyun stop the feed now. "


"But--"

 

 

 


Then it was cut.