Pesto - 28

Of Hotdogs, Bagels, and Basil

A/N: Hey guys! Dropping an update for all of you. ..

Ciao! 

 

------------

 

 


The atmosphere inside the Jung household was chaotic when Krystal and Amber arrived. Her dad is trying to rock in his arms the two little angels (but her Dad still prefers to call them two little monsters when Jess is not around) to sleep while her Jessi Eomma is busy finishing the feast they will have for tonight. Atty. Jung has been all around the house rocking the two but their eyes, though they are still 2 months old, shows mischief and Krystal knows when they grow up Yoona and Seohyun spell trouble.


The two of them greeted her father and Amber immediately helped her Uncle Taeyeon by taking baby Yoona in her arms. Then the two rocked the babies at the same time, with Amber baby talking and cooing to Yoona. Looking at Amber with a baby in her arms makes Krystal giddy knowing that Amber will be a good parent when they decide to have their own in the future. She walked to the kitchen and greeted her Jessi Eomma with a kiss and a very tight hug.


Her Jessi Eomma asked her a week after her birthday if she can invite her mother Tiffany for dinner. Krystal was surprised because it was so brave of her step mother to do that, to let two ex-couples meet again face to face. But Jessi said it's okay, it's also for the best and she wants to have a harmonious relationship between them. They set it a month after because Jessi was still recuperating and getting herself back to shape.


"And I want to thank her for bringing you here in this world. Who would have thought I'll instantly have a full grown up daughter who looks like me in an instant? I'm happy you already fixed those broken ties with your mom." Jessi said patting Krystal's hands and continued on cooking.


"Is Dad okay with this dinner Eomma? You know... it's his ex-wife.." Krystal was beside Jessica helping her.


"I asked him about it and it's okay. He said they ended it up as friends for your sake and I knew they kept in contact all these years. Your Dad came clean and told that to me when we started dating, that he still keeps contact with Tiffany but there's nothing to worry about because it's for your sake. And I believe him because I love him. I also have a secret I haven't told you."


Krystal's face showed a curious look and stopped what she is doing. "W-what is it Eomma?"


"I have been talking to your mother for a year now on the phone. We haven't met each other but yeah... I've been keeping in contact with her too. Don't think that I betrayed you Soojung.." Jessica faced her step daughter and held her hands looking at the troubled face of the girl in front of her. It's better to come clean than never. "I know it's weird but I did it because of you. At first, I just wanted to talk to her and assure her that I'm taking care of you and I'm already part of this family. She just answered me with 'Okay' and 'Please take care of her' without even asking how have you been. Then one day, she suddenly called like looking for someone to talk to. I entertained her and it became a regular thing for us.."


"She asked about you, all the time. How are you doing, if there is something new about you, who you are dating. She told me everything, about what happened before. How she misses you and how sorry she is. Believe me, I told her how a she is for doing that to you sorry about that. But she learned her lesson well. I wanted to tell you about it but I know I'm not in the position to do that. Only Tiffany can clean up the mess she did to you and I'm glad she did."


Krystal hugged her Jessi Eomma tenderly. She feels so lucky to have a second mother like her who thinks about her well being before anything else. Even though she only had been together for just a few years with Krystal and her father, Krystal felt like she already knew the woman all her life. She loved Krystal with all her heart and cared for her all the time even though she's busy with her career as a lawyer she makes time for her and listens to her.


"Eomma.... I may have patch things up with my mom, but at the end of the day when I feel like talking and rambling about Amber and life it's still going to be this house I'll choose to go home to with you inside it waiting for me." They broke the hug and she saw her Eomma with glassy eyes looking at her with motherly affection.


Her Eomma cupped her face with both hands and smiled at her. "And I'll be waiting here in the dining area with a plate of Bulgogi and a glass of red wine for the two of us while we talked about those two dorks in our life." They laughed about it and Krystal knew that whatever happens, her Eomma will always be there for her.

 

 

---------------

 

 


Tiffany arrived wearing her favorite color - pink. Her mother still looks young and looks happy based on her famous eyesmile. The stress she saw on her mother's face before when they met again was gone. What she has now is a peaceful appearance like all the problems in her life is already lifted up.


She has with her Professor Yuri Kwon - that's what Amber gossiped to her last night - but he prefers to be called just Yuri.


"He was my History Professor back in Cambridge and he's cool. The only Asian faculty there and I go to him whenever I have things to talk to. When I miss you, I go to him and he always make a good cup of coffee in his office and he just let me ramble everything about my life and my frustration in finding you." Amber narrated to her while they spoon on the couch while listening to music.


"Really... Is he nice?"


"He is.. a good person and a listener too. He gives good advice and jokes. And he accepted me for what I am because for him, it doesn't matter. I'm still Amber one of his brightest student and not Amber the homo. " Amber chuckled and placed her chin on Krystal's shoulder. "Are you excited to meet him tomorrow night?" She just nodded and enjoyed the warmth of her lover's body.

 

 

Seeing Yuri now beside her mom, she's curious how did he became a professor and not a model. He's the epitome of 'tall, dark and handsome' in one body. Almost same height as her mom where she got her height. Thank heavens she didn't inherit her Dad's height hehe.


She saw how her Dad and Eomma welcomed the newly arrived couple. There's this awkwardness around them but when the dinner was served and stories shared it dissolved quickly.


Her two mothers finally met and it gave her immense joy seeing the two woman in her life meeting for the first time and talk about her, life, and the twins. The 4 adults are now lounging on the backyard having coffee. She felt a tap on her thigh and when she turned it was the most important person in her life smiling at her with baby Yoona on her arms.


"Krys... You're spacing out baby. I'm asking if maybe you can help me change baby Seo's diaper. I don't know what to do.. I can smell ." she chuckled at her girlfriends helpless expression. They volunteered to take care of the twins while the adults talk on the garden.


"Sorry Am I was just watching them. You're right Yuri is cool and dorky too. Can't believe he's a professor though. He looks more like a Calvin Klein model than someone who teaches History." She saw how her girlfriends right eyebrow raised and she knows what it is. She flicked Amber's forehead and gave her a quick peck on the lips. "But you're hotter than him and I wouldn't trade you for anyone or anything.."


"Good... Because me too." Amber grinned at her and they went inside her room to change baby Seo's nappy.


They laid the twins on the bed and she instructed Amber how to change the dirty nappy but she won't touch it. No way. No no.


"Krys! Come on! You're still going to do this when we have our own.."


"Eeeeew! You'll be the one to do that if our baby will poop! I'll just change her diaper if it's full but when it comes to poop it's your job!" She swatted Amber's hands when her girlfriend playfully hover the dirty diaper on her face.


"Hey! It should be 50/50! Isn't it right Yoonie?" It's like her baby sister understood her and Yoona smiled at her adorably.


"Hyunnie-ah ... Unnie won't touch your dirty bum because Amber Hyung is here to wash you. I'll just watch, okay? And Amber Hyung likes .." Krystal chuckled teasing her disgusted girlfriend as she wipe baby Seohyun's dirty bum.


"Eeeeew Amber! Look at your hands! It looks like Pesto! So green uggghhhh!" Amber was even more disgusted and teary eyed when she saw some poop on her hands. Well, she was excited to change the nappy that she didn't realize baby Seohyun is not yet done pooping.


"Krys!! Help me here! Come on~ I think I'm going to vomit.." but all Krystal can do was laugh at her girlfriend and reach for some wet wipes on the counter and help Amber. She didn't know Amber was that sensitive when it comes to those things. And what's more funny is her baby sisters were smiling like enjoying what Hyunnie did with Amber.


She stared at her baby sister smiling "Hyunnie-ah that's a no-no, okay? Or Amber will not change your nappy again. You're just 2 months old but you're already pranking your Hyung. Tsk tsk.." Seohyun just smiled cutely at her unnie with wide eyes.


They finished changing Seohyun's diaper and put on her Keroro onesie. Krystal played with Seohyun while Amber started to change Yoona's diaper too. She looked first inside checking if she has poop, when she saw that it's full she decided to take it off. Krystal laugh at how silly her girlfriend look as she take a peek inside like she's already afraid of encountering poop again.


"My Yoonie is a good girl isn't she? Good girl~.. you are a very good girl... achuchuchu.....Waaahhhhhh!!!!" Krystal laughed loudly when she saw Amber's face wet with Yoona's pee because her baby sister decided to shower her girlfriend. These twins are really born to bring mischief to everyone.


Amber hurriedly cleaned Yoona and changed her nappies. She also change her on her onesie and put Yoona beside her twin sister Seohyun. The twins are smiling widely at the couple with twinkle in their eyes like they succeeded in bringing mischief to their favorite playmate.


"Look at these angels... So cute! Did you enjoyed your cleaning time with Amber? Aigoooooo kyeopta.. look at them Am they love you.." Krystal chuckled smiling at her baby sisters while they smile and react to what their unnie is cooing. Amber cleaned their bed and took away the soiled clothes and nappies. She came back from the bathroom with her face newly washed and wiping it with a face towel joining Krystal in the bed.


"They look like Angels but they are pranksters! You three are really sisters... What's with you three and my face?" She pouted across Krystal as they lay on the bed across each other with the twins between them lying sideways facing each other with their heads on their palm.


"Hmmmmm.... Because you're handsome and pretty at the same time... That's why we love you~.."


"So the unnie puke on me, Hyunnie showered me a while ago with her drool, and Yoonie with her pee. That's how you show your love to me, eh?"


Krystal reached for her girlfriends' cheeks and pinch it playfully "Aigoooo~ my baby is whining again! Kids look at this llama, so cute! Am, that's not how I show my love to you know that.." she wriggled her eyebrows playfully making her flushed girlfriend grinning.


"Am... Can we visit your Mom?" Her girlfriend seemed contemplating on what to say. "We have to do it sooner or later. You fixed mine... It's time we connect that line again with your mom.


"But she doesn't even want to talk to me Krys. And I know she's behind those trashings in the gallery and the lost of one of my art clients. I do want to see her because I miss her but she's the one who's pushing me away from her. She didn't even care to see Jackie when she gave birth to baby Patrick." Krystal can see the sadness behind those brown orbs. She can't stand to see Amber being sad thinking about how her mother will make their lives miserable.


Amber told her about those incidents, some lowlives trashing the front of her gallery. They even broke the display glass the other time that's why Amber decided to ask for Bryan's help and installed steel doors and CCTV at the front.


She also lost one art dealer that she has been working with for a long time. Amber found out that the dealer received a death threat that if he will continue working with Amber he will never see his family again.


Krystal can't believe it at first but it was true. So much for having a mother like that for Amber. She could have just supported her daughter on her decision but she's not. Mrs. Liu is doing everything to make Amber come back to her and bend.


They will go to her but it's not what Mrs. Liu thinks it is. Krystal knows that she has to do something, it has to stop. And the best way to do it is to talk to her crazy soon-to-be mother in-law. But first she has to get an ally and she knows who it will be.


"You know Am, scratch that. Let's visit your Grandma first. You still have the right to visit her, aren't you?" Krystal asked her girlfriend while playing with Yoona's tiny hands. The little mischief is holding on her thumb and pulling it.


"You want to visit Grandma? Are you sure about that?! Krys I'm warning you, Grandma is a hard lady to please. I don't want you to get hurt." She saw a worried frown on Amber's face.


"Just tell me what she's like and I'll handle it. We can do it together, remember?"


Knowing that Krystal won't take no for an answer, Amber just sigh and draped her free arm on her girlfriends' waist. "Fine, we'll visit Grandma in Busan. Just give me a few days because I still have to make an appointment with her secretary."


"Don't worry Am, we can make it through." She gave Amber that special smile of hers only her girlfriend can have and it was answered with the same smile.


"You know Krys, I can get use to this. You, me, babies on the bed while we watch them to sleep. Both of us taking care of them, or I'll be like Uncle Taeyeon earlier and you're Aunt Jessi. Wouldn't it be nice to have that kind of scene in our house?"


She caressed Amber's face and smiled warmly at her girlfriend. "You know I was also thinking about that but you just beat me to it. We'll do that as soon as we got married Am."


"Krys maybe next year is the perfect time. Do you want us to visit a fertility clinic to check the possibilities?" Krystal looked at Seohyun and Yoona who's now happily kicking and waving their little hands. Who wouldn't want to have little versions of Krystal and Amber rolling and kicking on the bed with drool flowing on the side of their mouth?


It might be a big step on their relationship but Krystal knows she won't regret anything. She wants to play and take care of their kids while she's young and what better way to start planning about it is next year. And it will be fun because Yoona and Seohyun can be her babies playmates when they grow up. The age difference is not that far, they can also include baby Patrick. It will be one big chaos.


She stared at Amber with a confident smile on her face and cupped her girlfriend's cheek with her free hand.


"Let's do it Am. I'm ready for this."

 

 

 

And for Krystal, she's also ready to face Mrs. Liu after getting her ally.