Bagels - 3

Of Hotdogs, Bagels, and Basil

A/N: Hi guys! Here's our update for today! 

 

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

 


Krystal's POV


"Nah! It's okay. Atleast you had the nerve to ask me face to face. How about you? You're straight, right?" She asked me and I can't help but think about it.


I believe I am straight... Before I met 'her'? I think she's making me confuse right now. I've always had crushes but relationships are still far from my mind. I only have one goal and I plan to stick to it.


"Y-yah I am s-straight. Yeah.." And like that I stuttered. Gosh Krystal Jung, I think you're confuse right now. Who won't be confuse if this person in front of you makes you want to just stare at her eyes and you'll be lost.


When she approached me and gave my purse I can't help but admire 'his' looks and the voice. Oh Gahd..... It's like music to my ears. But I noticed something feminine with his looks too and by observing his features, I can't help but raise the gender question.


When 'he' said that he's actually a 'she' I felt..... Relieve? Why? I don't know! But my boldness and being a straightforward came out and blurt out some words that I thought offended her but she shrugged it off asking me if I'm straight.


Maybe I'll find out after today.


"Yeah I'm straight before I met you, after this I won't be anymore..." I muttered under my breath while I fiddle with my straw. Did I really said that!?!


"What did you say?" Oh !


"Oh shucks! I said do you want to join me today t-to explore this place?" So bright of you Krystal Jung!


She looks nice and I can feel she's a good companion to explore this city. What can two 18 year old do wrong? And besides, it will be fun.


Really, huh? You just want to be beside her..


So what? It's not everyday that I feel this kind of attraction to someone. It's always the books and the kitchen for me.


"Sure, why not. Where do you want to start?" She asked me with a soft smile on her face. She looks like a Llama, yes I bet it's a Llama. The way her lips move and her nose seems perfect with her face.


"Around the park and then some museums too. And maybe if we still have time we can go to Timesquare?"



I bit my lower lip waiting for her answer. It's a habit I always do when waiting for approval. I hope she says yes because right now all I want is to enjoy this day with her without complications. Without thinking about everything I left behind.


When I saw her smile at me and held up her hands grinning, I know I found my travel companion today.


"Do you have a map?


"You're lucky because I'm ready!" I pulled out from my bag the map I bought in the airport this morning when I arrived. She lay it out on the grass and smoothen the edges of it. It was a map of the Central Park and the neighboring places around it.


We decided to stroll around the area just talking about everything under the sun. She's funny, I'm telling you. Even though her jokes are corny enough to make someone cringe I still see my self laughing at her. Looking at her makes me feel free and happy, makes me feel things I've never felt before.


She's a gentlewoman, making sure I'm always beside her while we are walking. We walked in a crowd when she suddenly held my hands and smiled at me making sure I won't be lost. I felt myself blush with the contact and when she looked at me and saw me blushing she tried to take her hand away but I pulled it and intertwined together. It's was her time to blush when I did that and we just continue on walking checking on book shops, small galleries, music stores, even boutiques.


I took interest on the cookbooks back in the book shop and when I saw the price I just placed it back in the shelf. It's a bit pricey and bulky too maybe I'll just buy it when I have enough money. I puffed my cheeks and blew air, disappointed about the find. It's a limited edition Italian Cuisine cookbook something I've wanted to have but too shy to ask my Dad to buy for me.


It was already lunchtime and we are thinking on what to eat for lunch. I would love to have a sit-down meal but my pocket money is not enough for that fancy food I want. I'm thinking of pasta or steak, meat to be exact.


You're in New York Krystal and you're still thinking of Korean Beef!


"Hey, why don't we eat Hotdogs! They say New York's Hotdogs is the best! " She exclaimed to me while we are walking hand in hand in the street - yes 'hand-in-hand'. Some passers by even smiles at us and gush how cute of a couple we are and all we do is blush.


"I think that's good let's just eat Hotdogs. I don't have enough money to splurge on meat right now. Come on let's go!" I pulled her to the Hotdog stand and we bought 4 buns - 2 for each of us. Yes I know it's a lot but we're hungry and a bit tired from walking too.


The Hotdog seller looked at us in awe while we eat our share of the sandwich he gave to us. I think it's the first time for him seeing a girl like me downing half of the sandwich in less than a minute. I heard Amber chuckled while looking at me. She wiped the mustard on my lips with her fingers and I saw her put it on it then she continued on eating her share. It was nothing with her but for me some erted thoughts ran in my mind that I looked at the other way. Holy moly Krystal! In the middle of the day!? That's what you get when you hang out with Key.


"You look cute together. Take care of your Princess, son. Looks like she's hungry, here you go a free Hotdog for your Princess." The guy smiled at us and gave the Hotdogs to Amber who looks like she's going to protest.


"Oh I'm a girl sir, and she's--"


"Well if you're a girl there's no problem! You're in New York and the two of you love birds are welcome here!"


"She's--"


"Thank you for this! I appreciate your thoughtfulness. We'll get going now!" I pulled her on the direction of the park and sat down on the bench overlooking the pond. I took my water bottle on the bag and saw that it's already empty.


"Oh Gahd! I forgot to buy us some drinks. Is it okay if I run to the nearest cafe and buy some? " She asked me as she fixes her jacket. Her snap back is not in proper place so I fixed it on her head. She smiled at me widely and I can't help myself but smile at her too.


Why does it feel like it's natural for us to do this things?


"Will you be okay here? I'm not gonna be gone for long. Just wait, okay?"


"Wait! You have--" She already stood up and ran to the direction of the cafe. Not even hearing what I wanted to say.


"You have ketchup in your chin dummy!" I smirked then chuckled to myself as I see her retreating back turn in the curb.

 

 


Amber's POV


I ran fast going to my destination. It was an excuse the buying of drinks part. The truth is I just want to go back to the bookshop we visited when we were strolling. I need to find that book she was holding, it was an Italian Cookbook and I saw how her eyes sparkle when she saw it. But the sparkle turned to disappointment when she looked at the price of the book. I can feel her hesitation to put it down on the shelf but she did.


She was feeling down before we went outside the shop so I quickly checked the price of the book and placed it in a corner where no one can get it. "I'll get back to you later, booky." I muttered under my breath and followed her going out the shop and intertwined my hand with hers.


So now here I am running and huffing just to get to the shop faster and buy that book then go straight to a cafe and buy us some quick drinks and water too. Seeing the shop's display window, a few big strides and finally I'm here. I entered quickly and searched for the place where I left it.


Surprisingly it's still there! Thank God no one has interest on you! I quickly went to the counter and placed it in front of the cashier with my card above it.


The cashier's right eyebrow raised when she saw my card and I smirked at her. She eyed me suspiciously while punching the item on the computer while chewing her gum.


"Do you have an ID? I will need an ID for verification.." she said to me still raising her eyebrows. Maybe she can't believe I have that kind of card and might be wondering if it's really mine.


I pulled out my wallet and gave her my ID seeing that her eyes went wide when she confirmed that I really own it. Why yes, I own that Black card. I can even buy a private jet if I want to with that card. I feel like 'Chuck ing Bass' from Gossip Girl whenever I use it. But I'm not that stupid to do that and I only use it for emergency purposes like now.


After swiping my card she handed it back to me with a curious glance. She placed the book on the paper bag and handed it to me, maybe she's wondering who am I to have that kind of card. I placed the book inside my backpack and went out the store running again because I have to get our drinks and she might be bored waiting for me now My Princess.....

 

I smiled at that thought. Suddenly she's 'your Princess' now Amber? What happened to you?


Being around her got in to me. And her smile too. I missed that smile badly now.


Clutching the bag of 2 water bottles, 1 Mango Smoothie and 1 Apple juice, I strut my way to the bench where I see her sitting Indian style and just basking in the glory of the sun. I stopped on my tracks and just stared at her beauty. It's not every day I get to see someone who can take my breath away.


She turned her head and smiled widely when she saw me stupidly staring at her with something on my hands. She waved at me and that's the signal for me to walk up to her and smiled widely too.


"Sorry if it took a while, the line was long. Are you okay?" I said while putting down the bottled water on the bench and hold up in front of her the drinks.


"It's okay... I'm sorry for bothering you though. What do you have here besides water?"


"Well I have a Mango Smoothie here and an Apple juice. What would you like?" I showed it to her and I was praying that she choose the Mango.


"I'll get the Mango smoothie, I'm allergic to apples." She said as she snatched the drink on my hands. I laughed at her childishness as she sip on her smoothie with widened eyes. Looks like she's enjoying it.


"Good because I'm allergic to mangoes so I'll have the Apple juice. "


We sat beside each other while we sip on our drinks watching the scenery before us. The tall buildings of Manhattan and the leaves swaying on the tree branches.


"Hey.." she called on me and when I turned, I saw her pouting her lips at me or pointing it at me?


She wants a ...... KISS?


She kept on pointing at me with her pouty lips and I just stared wide eyed at her not being able to say a word. A KISS? She wants a KISS? Is it a Thank you KISS? Her lips looks so soft...


She rolled her eyes on me and tried to reach for me but I acted first before anything else.


I placed a gentle kiss on her lips and pulled back.


And................

 

She's frozen beside me, jaw dropping while staring wide eyed at me.


I think she doesn't want a KISS.