Kimchi - 33

Of Hotdogs, Bagels, and Basil

 

----------


Amber's POV


I woke up early this morning since there is nothing on our agenda today. Grandma will be meeting some of her Directors in the Main Hall later and it might be a whole day meeting so I told her last night that we will stay in our room all day and ask for food once Krys is awake.


Changing into my jogging attire and a hoodie, I circled the whole property to get my early morning jog. It was still dark and cold but enjoyable enough for a quick run. I have been eating a lot these past few days of our stay here that I have to burn off the calories. I need to hurry and get back to our room before the sun takes a peek on the horizon, I don't want her to wake up and find that I'm not beside her.


This vast compound is still the same. I love staying here ever since I was a kid visiting. I always tell myself that if I am to retire, I definitely want to live here with Grandma and my own family, enjoying the nature and quiet life it offers.


But of course, it won't happen anymore since I already forfeited my rights in inheriting this beautiful land. I can still visit and stay but that's just it. There's no way I will have a chance to preserve this beauty because it will be transferred to the next heir.


Mother doesn't have any interest in this land. She said before that it's too provincial and too far from the center of power. That's why she always spends her time mostly in Seoul (but we don't see each other) or Los Angeles. While Dad, well he's happy going to China and back here.


Jackie is pretty contented on just visiting and told me before that visiting is okay but managing the whole property is not on her list. My sister is the adventurous, weird, modern type of girl that doesn't like being tied in one place. That's why she and Bryan always travel before baby Patrick came.


Maybe I can buy this to whoever Grandma will choose to inherit this property. I can get a loan from the bank then buy this then we're going to live here when our kids are already old enough. Then we will continue Grandma's yearly Gimjang and maybe we can build the restaurant in the city near the mall.


Wow. Am I really thinking about that?! Goodness... So much for thinking ahead of the future, maybe I have to ask Krys first if she wants to live here.


Sure, she's enjoying our stay and Grandma's company but I still have to get her comments about what I have in my mind. It's not that I don't have my own decisions, but if we are going to be together and build our family like we wanted to I have to consider her thoughts about whatever I have in mind right now.


I still have to buy an engagement ring to replace the black loop earring I gave to her when I proposed a few months ago. I better ask Grandma for help later, maybe we can visit the city again to buy a ring.


Circling the area near Mom & Dad's room, I saw the light is already on so maybe the parents are already awake. Wow, that's a first, maybe they are going back to Seoul early.


"Oh Geez!!! Mom!?" I was scared to my wits when Mom suddenly popped up beside me also in her jogging attire. Oh yeah, she's a health buff I forgot. But it's so early gahd.


"Why are you running so early? Burning some unwanted calories, Amber? You gained some weight! Are you eating a lot every day?" Mom is keeping up with my pace that made me smirk. HAH!


"Mom, my girlfriend is a top Chef. I eat delicious meals 5 times a day including snacks. Who wouldn't gain some weight? But she already controlled it and only make healthy meals for me. And I go to the gym nowadays. By the way, are you following me, Mom?"


"I've been running before you came. I saw you tiptoeing out of your room like a monkey." Good description mother.


"I don't wanna wake up Soojung, she's tired yesterday because Grandma pulled her to all the shops inside the Mall." I slowed my pace wiping the sweat on my face with the sleeve of my hoodie. "Soojung only wanted a few pants and button-downs but Grandma.." I shook my head remembering Grandma's persistence "she insisted to buy the same blouse in all colors. She even bought lingeries! Oh my Gosh! We were secretly pulling it out of the bunch of clothes being scanned on the counter but Grandma was like an eagle with a sharp eye. You know Grandma, Mom. Just one look and you know when to stop and shut up."


Mom laughed softly, the kind of laugh that you know only a carefree person does. I miss those times that we do it when I was young and we'll be jogging at the beach in L. A. both of us laughing at my silliness.


"Why? She doesn't like buying those things?"


"Well it's not like that, it's just embarrassing with Grandma buying it for her she said." We reached the Oaktree, stopping at the bench under it and I motioned Mom to sit beside me.


"All girls like wearing y things. You're a girl yourself, Amber." She teased me. Oh, Gahd no, I know I'm y but I don't have to wear those kinds of things.


"Mom! It's not my thing. And Soojung usually wears my shirts to sleep. She doesn't even like wearing those lacy kinds of stuff. Well... She does own some of those camisoles..." Y.


"And it's even more embarrassing because the old lady chose some provocative styles Mom! Imagine the two of us in front of the sales lady with faces red out of embarrassment when Grandma holds out a pair of lacy red Basque with fishnet stockings and straps from Victoria's Secret! I almost had a heart attack with Grandma's mischievousness. I saw Soojung secretly slipping it out the cart and threw it at some random clothes rack."


I turned to Mom and I saw her shaking her head at her mother's playfulness. "Your Grandma is really something. Maybe she thought your girlfriend looks good wearing it."


"I know... That's why I secretly bought it.." I grinned evilly at the thought of Soojung wearing it. Ahahahaha..... 😼😆


"Amber!!! You punk!" I laughed at Mom trying to smack my head because of my naughtiness. She cups my face with both her hands and stared at me with a look that a mother gives to her child when they miss them for a long time. "Why didn't I notice that you already grew up? Am I a bad mother to you all along Amber?"


I bit my bottom lips avoiding Mom's eyes. Is she a bad mother? Growing up, I know she gave the best for me, all our riches can give. Maybe what lacks is her personal appearance in my life. She's more than busy managing the company with Dad that she doesn't have time for me and Jackie.


"Mom..."


"I thought about what your girlfriend said yesterday. I can't sleep last night because her voice echoed in my brain the whole night. She made me realize that what I did is hurting you. Tell me, are you happy with her?" I nodded with a sincere smile on my face.


"I am, Mom. I'm happy because of her and she's happy with me, too. She's a whole package. Beautiful, kind, brave, and loving. Soojung is not afraid of what people will say behind our backs because of our relationship. I know our relationship is not fully accepted by society as of now. But we know someday, Korea will be more open with our kind of love." She let go of my face and held on to my hands looking at the first rays of light on the horizon.


"Are you happy for me Mom?"


She has this peaceful look on her face and a small smile tugging on the side of her lips. All I wanted is for her to accept and be happy for me and Soojung.


"Mom?"


She stood up and turned to me with a playful smirk on her face. "Come on, Amber. Your father might be awake now and looking for me. Wake up your girlfriend and join us for breakfast.." Scratching my head I followed her as we walk back first to their room.


"Bye mom, we'll see you in the dining area.." I turned my back to her once I saw Mom walking up on the steps of their room waving her hand on me like telling me to go.


"Tell your girlfriend I want Bacon, Pancakes, Hash browns, and sausages. Also scrambled eggs and my coffee later for breakfast.." What!!!?


I stopped in my tracks and suddenly turned back with widening eyes to my Mom who is looking back at me too. Did she just order her breakfast? To me?!


"Go, it's still 5:00 in the morning. You still have 3 hours to prepare. Wake your girlfriend up and tell her to make me a mean breakfast." She flips her hair and turned around, entering their room leaving me frozen on my spot.


"Mom wanted Soojung to cook breakfast for her..." I muttered to myself while walking back to our room.


Then it dawned on me. The thought of mom finally accepting us excites me. I ran to our room and skips some steps leading up to the door. I opened the door of the room and my eyes zoomed in on my sleeping girlfriend buried on her most precious blanket snuggling it. She already called dibs on it asking Grandma if she can take the blanket home. Of course, Grandma said yes.


I walked up to our bed slowly, crawling on top of her, and supported my body by putting my elbows in between her head. . Her lips are a bit parted and I can hear soft snores coming from her. Is that drool on the side of ?! Cute~.


"Soojungie... Wake up..." Oh, I forgot. Calling is not enough. She's a deep sleeper yelling at her won't suffice. I called her again while patting her cheeks but she just stirred and fell asleep again.


Poke, poke, poke.


Nothing. I showered her face with slow kisses from her forehead, down to her cheeks, to her nose, on her chin. Hmmmmm...


I glided my lips on her jaw giving it small kisses going down to her neck, and on her sweet spot at the back of her ears when I heard her breath hitch. Bingo.


"Soojungie... Wake up.." I continue my assault on her ears whispering to her. I felt her hand clenching on my hoodie and I looked at her face, her sleepy eyes narrowing at me.


"Am... It's still early~.. don't do this." She sounds so cute with her sleepy voice laced with desire, looking so cute pouting at me because I disturbed her precious sleep.


"Hey, gorgeous... Mom said she wants to have breakfast with us.."


"And you chose to wake me up like what you're doing now.." I continued on kissing her neck nibbling and it eliciting gasps from her lips. "Amber..! ...." She ran her free hand on my hair and smelled it. "Why are you sweaty?"


"I had a morning jog and Mom joined me. So breakfast..." I gave her a kiss on the side of and whispered to her "You have drool here.."


Why am I not surprised when she quickly rubs on my cheeks then smiled cutely at me? "There! No drool anymore!" Well because she always does that to me.


"That's so gross you know that.."


"Are you gross-out?" She asked me wriggling her brows with a hint of playfulness.


"I thought you love me.."


"I do. Even if you are gross.."


"Good. So breakfast with your parents? You could have woken me up by 7:00 am Amber. We'll be ready before 8:00 am then to eat with them. Explain yourself so the Princess will not punish you."


"Because.." peck on her nose "...she told me to tell you..." peck on her chin "...that she wants pancakes..." peck on her lips "...bacon" peck "...hash brown" peck "...sausages," I think she can't take it anymore that's why she pulled my head and kiss me fully making me lose my breath. She broke the kiss and eyed me curiously. "...scrambled eggs and coffee. That's what she said and the clock is ticking."


She flicks my nose and smirks at me like I'm so stupid "Am, she wants American Breakfast. It's so easy to make, just ask the kitchen to prepare the ingredients you told me and I can whip it all out in an hour or 30 minutes top."


"Oh..." Yeah.. she's right. Why is she always right?!


"Yes. Oh.." she squeezes my asking me to make some space and looks at me scrunching her nose. "You're sweating! But you still smell nice~.." she has that smile on her face like she's thinking of something that I can't say no. Better escape the wrath of the Princess for waking her up so early!


"I need to shower Soojungie.... the Princess may continue her slumber!" I grin dorkily and tried to get up but she, with a strength I don't know where it came from, circled her legs on my waist and flips me in the bed pinning me beneath her with one swift move.


"Yah! I need to shower Soojungie! I'm sweaty, I came from a jog I smell like--..."


"Hands up..." I'm not whipped. But whenever she says those words my arms are like in autopilot mode shooting up. Her hands pulled the hem of my hoodie and pulled it out of my body together with my T-shirt and singlet. I didn't wear my sports bra because I was lazy this morning.


"I told you I'm sweaty you won't like it.." she suddenly dips  on the base of my throat,  it with the tip of her tongue that makes me shudder ... Oh God... What did I woke up...


"Hmmmm... Tasty." She whispered ily while looking at me devilishly, biting her rosy lips and all I can do is gulp on the scene before me. "You started it Amber, might as well finish it. That's your punishment for waking the Princess at 5:00 in the morning."


Oooooohhh... .


"O-okay... Let's take a s-shower now?" She knows I love showers with her in the morning.


"We can do that......" she pulled the hem of her shirt slowly as if teasing me, pulling it off of her and threw it at my face with a y smirk. My eyes feasted on the beauty before me making me smile wickedly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Make me sweat first and we'll have that shower later."

 

 


This is gonna be one hell of a morning.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------

*Arms raised up till now* 

I'm not even Amber! Why am I raising this up!? 😒