Basil - 13

Of Hotdogs, Bagels, and Basil

A/N: Update juseyo! Hehehe... 

Still in Krystal's POV

 

 

 


I woke up when someone stirred beside me, placing an arm around my waist and pulling me in. I opened my eyes trying to remember what happened last night. The last thing I remember was Amber and I were making love in the shower. After reaching my I slumped on her and fell asleep.

 


Wow.. That was something to be put on Krystal Jung's book. Falling asleep in the shower after .

 


I looked at my body and saw that I'm wearing the oversized shirt I gave to Amber last night. Maybe she had a hard time carrying and drying me that all she had put on me was just a T-shirt. I reached for the hem of my shirt and my guess is right. She forgot to put some undies on me. Good lord!! Thank you for the blanket covering me.


I slowly turned around to face her. Amber was still sleeping soundly with light snores escaping her rosy lips. She looks so peaceful while sleeping, I can't help myself and gave her a peck on her nose. She's wearing her singlet and when I took a peek inside the blanket I saw that she's wearing boxers.


Maybe I'll ask her later to bring some clothes and leave them here at my house. Or maybe I'll just buy some things for her.


Her facial features are still the same, she still has the same smile I knew. Her lips still soft and rosy like I remember. Her hair suits her now, short and dark. Still confident and dorky at the same time. I started tracing her toned arms with my index finger and I noticed her tattoos. It's cute and artistic. I remembered she only have one then on her left arm. Now she has a lot especially on her right arm. It made her look y and rebellious at the same time.


I've gone too far with my teasing last night and it backfired on me. Very bright on the finger joke Krystal. Maybe she didn't contain it and felt the need to join me in the showers. Remembering what happened last night in the showers made me hot all over.

 


. This isn't good.

 


I looked at the alarm clock on my bedside table and it reads 6:00 am Friday. "Too early to get up" I mumbled to myself. I looked at Amber's sleeping face and a smile escaped my lips. I could get use to this view everyday. This tops my list of best views I've seen, the Han river in second place.


God, thank you for giving me this person. Thank you for answering my prayers even though it took a long time but it's okay. Because it means you gave us time to discover ourselves and what we want in life before bringing us back together.


"Krys....." She mumbled in her sleep and I chuckled softly. Is she dreaming of me? I love how she mumbled my name. Hearing my name escape on her lips makes my heart pound crazy. My llama has a name now, finally.


I remember how I repeatedly uttered her name last night while we make love on the shower. It somehow made her all pumped up when I call her name everytime she inside me and when I reached my  it was her name I screamed.


She opened her sleepy eyes and her gaze landed on mine. I smiled lovingly at her thankful that she's beside me and I can hear her heart beating. She pulled me on her and made me lie on top of her while I giggle.


"Good morning Krys..." Gahd.... Her husky morning voice makes me shiver that I bit my lips trying to fight the feeling. Better keep my legs together or she'll find out that I'm starting to get weird down below.


"Morning Am..." How did I get lucky meeting this fine specimen in front of me. Her hair is sticking out in all directions but it just made her more irresistible. Her still half opened eyes searching my face.


"Sorry last night for jumping on you in the showers. You were taking too long and I thought of checking if you're okay. But seeing how gorgeous your body is.." I slap her arm lightly, slightly shy about how she praised me. "It really is! I remember your body to be y then but we were skinny when we met. But right now.... Damn..." She bit her lips like a maniac that made me giggle at her cuteness. "I just went crazy and joined you. I know you were tired but I can't help it, I missed you so badly.."


"I missed you too..... So much that I cried hard on the plane the moment I took a seat. I wanted to stay with you but I know it's for the better." I said as I run my fingers on her short hair.


"You know what's crazy? I thought of following you in Italy right then and there, but I contained myself because I know I'm going be a hindrance on you while you achieve your goals." She said while looking at the ceiling. Amber has this beautiful handsomeness and ruggedness in her that I can see her as Johnny Depp, a y rebel outside but soft inside.


"And you don't know where in Italy I went, remember? But you got me all impressed when you said you flew to Italy every year just to find me. I feel like I'm such a bad person because I didn't make a way to look for you. I just waited and prayed that we'll meet again."


She stared at me and smiled so warmly, cupping my cheeks "Waiting for me is enough Krys. Knowing that no one ever replaced me in your heart makes me happy. Because if someone did ousted me there, I might have just jumped at the Han river and drown myself."


"Thinking of you and our memories together kept me going on in Italy. It was lonely living in another land. I kept on studying and doing the best I can so that my Dad will be proud of me, and when we see each other again I get to show you what I learned and how I have become for the past years."


She hugged me and placed a kiss on my forehead, enough for the butterflies in my stomach to flutter non-stop "And I'm so proud of what you have become... Victoria told me you're one of the youngest Head chefs in the country right now. Even guested in TV shows huh?. That's why you have a lot of fanboys.."


I scoffed at her and tuck a strand of hair in my ears "It was just for a while.. then I got tired and declined the offers. They even offered a cooking show for me but I said I have to focus on my duty at the bistro. And I don't like being praise with the same words over and over. It makes me shy, like they are just doing it to get my attention. I don't want fame, I don't wanna be like her...." the last words I said in a low voice.


Her. My mother. Even after that encounter years ago, she still sends cards diligently even in Italy. Dad told me she called him when I was starting in school and asked for my address and my phone number but I never got a call from her. Just cards for my birthday, Christmas and New Year, and it's still the same. All type written, no trace of her.


I even heard from my room mate Alessandra that the Celebrity Chef Tiffany Hwang-Waldorf will visit our campus and will held a 3-day seminar but I just shrugged my shoulders and said I'm not interested. I don't wanna see her. I don't want to feel the same rejection twice.


"I met your mother before.... In L.A. I mean Chef Tiffany, when I was still in High school. She was my mom's guest Chef in her party and she cooked for them."


"Really.... That's... nice." I don't really know what to say about it.


"Care to tell me why you are so awkward talking about her... It's fine if you don't want." She was looking into my eyes and I saw kindness in there and understanding. Maybe it's time to tell her how ed up my life is. I pulled her up from the bed and made her sit leaning on the head board. Then I straddled on her lap, her arms encircling on my waist supporting me.


I looked at her and sighed. "I was still a kid then and Mom is the one who taught me to cook. She will teach me everything she knows and for someone like me who wants her mother's attention, I willingly do it. But she was really strict and even though I do my best, I'm still a failure for her. She was a perfectionist, and ambitious. And I think she's that strict because she sees me as her set back in life. She was a perfect student in school and has a scholarship offer to study in France. Dad was already her boyfriend then and was finishing law school. Then she got pregnant with me, she was 18."


A tear escaped my eyes when I remembered what Dad said. I looked at Amber and bit my lips to hold out my tears. "She was pregnant and she thought her life is not worth it anymore. Her dreams of becoming a chef crashed because I'm forming inside of her. And do you know what she did next? She ing thought of getting rid of me..."


"Oh My God... I'm sorry baby..." She hugged me and tears started pouring from my eyes wetting her shoulders. "Don't cry... Shhh..."


I took a deep breath and she cupped my face brushing the tears with the hem of her singlet. I chuckled at her silliness and poked her abs.


"Dad told me he came at the right time and saved mom. He begged and kneeled to her just to keep the baby and marry him. He promised that he will take care of her and me, will even support her in whatever she wants to do in life. And let her study again after she gives birth, all he wants is to have their baby alive. Because it's a sin to take someone else's life. Mom agreed and they got married, she had me then went back to school leaving me to Dad. Dad was reviewing for the Bar while taking care of me because he wants to give me a good life. "


"Your Dad is a great man. I would like to meet him one day and thank him." Amber said to me while rubbing my shoulders.


"He is a great man. He took multiple jobs to support my mom's studies and my needs. He passed the bar and took on cases so that he can earn enough money to put aside for me. A few years and Mom finished her studies, went on to become an apprentice of a top Chef. She devoted all her time on it and a little for me. Then I grew up, she became in demand especially when she was hired as a Head chef on a 5 star restaurant. And it was still not enough for her, she wanted more. She started not going home, I asked Dad about it because I miss my Mom but he said she was just busy or went out of town. I was in Middle school when I went home and found them having an argument on the living room. She said she was tired of Dad and she wants to live her life like before. She wants to be the best and us with her is holding her back to what she wants. She was becoming famous then because of hanging out with people she needed, to get her where she wants. She was young and beautiful and if anyone finds out that she has a husband and daughter, all her of hardwork will just go down the drain."


"So that's why it lead to a divorce.." Amber said voicing out her mind.


"Yeah... Dad offered divorce because he can't take it anymore. I was okay with it thinking even though they will have a divorce, I can still spend time with them occasionally. Atleast I won't hear the fight everytime they met, no bickering and shouting. I'm okay living with Dad and just visits to Mom. But what hurt and shocked me the most is when she said to Dad that he can take me and she don't care. That I'll be another set back in her life now that it's doing great. Can you believe that?! Hearing that words came out from your own mother who carried you in her womb for 9 months. She was startled when I went out from where I was hiding and told them to just have a divorce and went inside my room. I never saw my mother again and if she does drop by to get some of her things, I avoided her."


"That was.... hard for a kid."


"I know. Then after the decision was made in the court she came to me and hugged me tight and kissed me on my forehead the went out the courthouse without looking back. Atleast I got Dad, he's all I have. He decided to move us back to Korea and continue his craft. He gained some clients and won some cases. One of his biggest case was the scandal of a celebrity being accused of by a production assistant. He was the lawyer of the victim and he proved to the jurors that the victim indeed was by the celebrity and was threatened to be killed if she speaks out. He won the case and became famous for it, and some big cases started coming in. I was happy for him because at last, he got what he deserves. Then he met Aunt Jessi who's also a lawyer like him when I was in Italy and they've been together ever since. Aunt Jessi was the mother I didn't have. She treats me like her own."


"Wow... Your Dad is awesome!" She exclaimed like a kid grinning and I pinched her nose.


"I know right? He's the best Dad ever."


"When was the last time you saw your Mom?" She asked me while I pull the hem of my shirt down discreetly to cover my ... Ehem. I grabbed a pillow and placed it between us.


"It was my junior year and she came here in the country to have a fansigning event and launching of her cook book. Dad asked me if I want to see Mom and I said yes because even though all of it happened, I still missed her and I want to see her. I joined the line to get her autograph and to get up close to her and maybe surprise her. I was the one surprised because she recognized me but she pretended to not know me. I didn't wait for the event to end and I went out. Her assistant followed me and said Mom wants to see me. I was so angry and disappointed at her that I declined and said I don't have a mother. It was another rejection for me and I promised myself that I'll study hard and show her who she left behind. When I became a chef and started getting attention, I was afraid I'm going to be like her that's why I declined the offers. Magazine interviews are fine and even newspapers but going out in live TV is what I don't like. But still, I have one thing to thank her for.."


Amber raised her brow at me and asked "And what was that besides giving birth to you?"


"She taught me the basics..She taught me how to cook and now here I am.." I grinned at her and played with her hair.


"Thank you for sharing that with me.. you don't know how happy I am to hear your mind." She said kissing my nose. "And nowwww....." She suddenly yanked the pillow away and throw it at the floor. "I think we can do something before eating breakfast..."


"Hey! That's my cover!" I playfully slap her shoulders and grabbed the blanket to cover my legs. I don't want her to know that I'm a little damp down there because of the friction caused by her boxers while I'm straddling her. "You dummy! I got a lot of undies in my drawer and you didn't even put one on me last night. You planned this, huh?!"


She pulled my legs to her and grinned mischievously at me "You don't have to wear it when I'm here, understood? Why wear it if we will continuously take it off!?" My eyes went wide to what she said making me pinch her sides.


"I didn't know my girlfriend is a maniac!"


"Baby, that was 7 years of living in abstinence! Don't tell me you don't want it, too... Come on!"


"Fine~..." I smirked at her ily teasing her with a kiss. "Hands up!" She followed like a kid and shoot her arms up while I take her singlet off her and threw it somewhere I don't know. I lean forward and kissed her passionately, slow teasing her lips while rubbing myself to her. "Make up for that 7 years every day.." I whispered to her in between our kisses. I felt her hand cupping my mound, feeling the wetness in between my legs.

 


"I plan to do that my Princess... Every.ing.single.day."

 

 

 

We were spooning on the bed when the doorbell rang. It was still early and I'm still lazy to get up. I nudge Amber's shoulder to get up and see who it is. She stood up from the bed and I can't help but spank that of hers making her cringe. She wore her boxers and sports bra while talking in a sleepy manner.


"It must be Hyun. I texted him your unit number last night for my clothes today."


"Did you tell him to bring a lot?" I asked her still eyeing her every move. If we are not needed in the bistro, I would have spent the whole day with her just lying on the sheets.


"Oooh... Wanna keep me here, huh?" She wriggled her eyebrows playfully and I can't help but giggle and bury my face on the pillow.


"Just go and get your clothes! He's waiting at the door! "


She gave a quick peck on my lips and went out closing the door. I looked at the clock by the bedside table seeing that it is 7:30 in the morning. We still have time to eat breakfast and go to work before 10:00 am. I closed my eyes and tried to continue my nap to regain the lost energy after our thing a while ago.


My eyes snapped open when I heard a loud dolphin-like shriek and I know who owns that kind of voice. I immediately stood up from the bed to search for my clothes that I found under the bed. I quickly wore the shirt and was on my way to open the door when I remembered I wasn't wearing anything inside and downward. I can hear Amber's loud voice outside explaining who she is to the newcomers. They sound like they are running around my living room and... arguing!? I took quick strides to my clothes drawer taking out a fresh pair of underwear and wore it in a fast manner before running out to the door.


I think my unborn sibling won't have a chance to see Dad once she/he comes into this world.


And I don't want to visit him in prison because of killing my girlfriend!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------

If Krystal is a Police and she yells "Hands Up!" to me, I'll be all smiles and be willing to go in jail... 😆